SemiGod wrote: »
    Let’s goo

keep your goo out of this
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • [ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
    xyp6wm0bkk7h.jpg

UNIQUE: Korriban's Legacy (Omicron)

Final Text: Darth Malgus is immune to Healing Immunity,

Beautiful. It's sad that it's 3 months away from unlocking. Darth Malgus is really one of the best characters in SW Universe i'm really happy. The only part i'm concerned is that i think Malgus is a GL level of a character but i can see that if they decided to put Malgus on a level of a Conquest Character then i think we will get the GL Revan announcement soon. By the way add that Immune to Healing Immunity thing to Lord Vaders kit without ult.

What if it's GL Emperor Vitiate for Dark Side and GL Revan Reborn for Light Side?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    [ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
    xyp6wm0bkk7h.jpg

UNIQUE: Korriban's Legacy (Omicron)

Final Text: Darth Malgus is immune to Healing Immunity,

Beautiful. It's sad that it's 3 months away from unlocking. Darth Malgus is really one of the best characters in SW Universe i'm really happy. The only part i'm concerned is that i think Malgus is a GL level of a character but i can see that if they decided to put Malgus on a level of a Conquest Character then i think we will get the GL Revan announcement soon. By the way add that Immune to Healing Immunity thing to Lord Vaders kit without ult.

What if it's GL Emperor Vitiate for Dark Side and GL Revan Reborn for Light Side?

Better hope they aren't raid rewards.
  • OOOOOOOO LORD, OUR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED!

And my god, Malgus looks strong as hell.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    OOOOOOOO LORD, OUR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED!

And my god, Malgus looks strong as hell.

Our?

So many people have no idea who this is.

Like me. (before today)
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Me: very busy ATM so gonna skip next conquest -
    CG: here's darth malgus

Why cg why
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Wasnt Malgus ( best sith ever for me ) a GL...
    Maybe Revan ir Vitiate for GL on an Old Republic content?!
  • I wonder if there will be any more things coming to celebrate the 10th anniversary of SWTOR, since that apparently seems to be why the developer insights says Malgus was added?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Durandal wrote: »

So far at least, GLs have all been from a movie.
  • A sith Tank Leader with Taunt ?

Darth Talon entered the chat
  • Just had a thought for the next LS Conquest... If it's a Jedi from SWTOR (Satele Shan, most likely), we would finally have five Old Republic Jedi characters in the game. Right now, we have JKR, Bastila, Jolee, and Juhani. JKL works well with non-Old Republic Jedi, and Malgus is looking to work with Sith Empire more than Sith in general. Maybe we'll be getting an Old Republic Jedi team in another 3-6 months with the LS Conquest character?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    HKFactory wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be any more things coming to celebrate the 10th anniversary of SWTOR, since that apparently seems to be why the developer insights says Malgus was added?

20th anniversary
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • 🤮
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Quick FYI for anyone that's too lazy to do the math/didn't notice the specific wording of the leader text.

Malgus' leader skill does NOT require full Sith empire. This means you can easily run Darth Talon on the team.
    Assuming this works as it seems to read, +40 speed from 4/5 Sith empire, + 20 speed from Darth talon = +60 speed outside of GAC. Getting DR up to 350 speed isn't the hardest thing to do, meaning 410 speed DR.

Inside of GAC that's an additional +30, meaning +90 speed for DR, (and BSF and Malak) and +150 speed for Malgus himself, using a team of Malgus/DR/BSF/Malak/Darth Talon.

For 3v3, you can do Malgus/Darth Talon/Marauder, DR/BSF/Malak, Traya/Nihilus/Sion for 3 really strong sith teams.(Could probably optimize the Malgus team a bit more, but this is just a quick example.)

This is an absolutely INSANE buff to Sith Empire, as you can very realistically be looking at putting a 440 speed DR on defense, with a double tank team where one of the tanks fully heals after each battle and potentially has to die twice, and the other one has all his % procs reset.

While yeah, you can run this under SEE, I really don't think that's going to be anywhere near optimal for multi-team modes. And because it's all "if all allies were sith" instead of "sith empire", you don't even really lose anything, it's just that Talon doesn't gain as many boosts as everyone else.

He also fits on the Palp/Shock team, albeit a bit weirdly (You'd still probably want Palp as lead...) since he has the same crazy shock synergy that BSF has, making that team significantly more durable. Something like Palp/Malgus/Mara/BSF/DR. ...you're almost certainly better off running a more proper sith empire team, but hey, some conquest and galactic challenge feats want you to run weird teams like this. And maybe it'll work as some kind of specific GL counter or something.
  • Another non-canon fake star wars character.

So sick of this. Where is Bail Organa, Saw Gerrerra, people who actually happen in *real* star wars ffs.

Honestly, leave toons from video games and cheesy legends books to that. Not a single toon from the sw resistance show.

Keep it canon and stop making fake characters OP in the game.

First person I've seen that actually likes Resistance lol wow....do you want this game to lose money..? Cause that would be a surefire way to do it. But swotor is definitely better than Resistance...I honestly dont know if you are serious when you say that. I personally feel like getting into Swotor characters would be like opening a never ending can of worms and while I would prefer if they stick with Kotor...there are a few stand-out Swotor characters that would make great additions: Malgus, Lana Beniko, Arcann, Vaylin, Thexan, & Senya but that's about it imo. We still need Atris & Brianna from Kotor!!

• CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    As someone who played/plays SWTOR this was really awesome to see happen!
    Artumas wrote: »
    Quick FYI for anyone that's too lazy to do the math/didn't notice the specific wording of the leader text.

Malgus' leader skill does NOT require full Sith empire. This means you can easily run Darth Talon on the team.
    Assuming this works as it seems to read, +40 speed from 4/5 Sith empire, + 20 speed from Darth talon = +60 speed outside of GAC. Getting DR up to 350 speed isn't the hardest thing to do, meaning 410 speed DR.

Inside of GAC that's an additional +30, meaning +90 speed for DR, (and BSF and Malak) and +150 speed for Malgus himself, using a team of Malgus/DR/BSF/Malak/Darth Talon.

For 3v3, you can do Malgus/Darth Talon/Marauder, DR/BSF/Malak, Traya/Nihilus/Sion for 3 really strong sith teams.(Could probably optimize the Malgus team a bit more, but this is just a quick example.)

This is an absolutely INSANE buff to Sith Empire, as you can very realistically be looking at putting a 440 speed DR on defense, with a double tank team where one of the tanks fully heals after each battle and potentially has to die twice, and the other one has all his % procs reset.

While yeah, you can run this under SEE, I really don't think that's going to be anywhere near optimal for multi-team modes. And because it's all "if all allies were sith" instead of "sith empire", you don't even really lose anything, it's just that Talon doesn't gain as many boosts as everyone else.

He also fits on the Palp/Shock team, albeit a bit weirdly (You'd still probably want Palp as lead...) since he has the same crazy shock synergy that BSF has, making that team significantly more durable. Something like Palp/Malgus/Mara/BSF/DR. ...you're almost certainly better off running a more proper sith empire team, but hey, some conquest and galactic challenge feats want you to run weird teams like this. And maybe it'll work as some kind of specific GL counter or something.

This is a great breakdown
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be any more things coming to celebrate the 10th anniversary of SWTOR, since that apparently seems to be why the developer insights says Malgus was added?

20th anniversary

SWTOR came out in 2011. So while this is technically a few months late, it’s for the 10th anniversary celebration. KoTOR does have its 20th anniversary coming in a bit over a year now on July 15th 2023 though.

So sick of this. Where is Bail Organa, Saw Gerrerra, people who actually happen in *real* star wars ffs.

Honestly, leave toons from video games and cheesy legends books to that. Not a single toon from the sw resistance show.

Ummm Wat?
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    Not going to lie, Malgus has piqued my interest 10x more than the Inquisitorius. Now throw Darth Marr in, and I'll do a little happy dance for you all
  • TVF wrote: »
    Durandal wrote: »

So far at least, GLs have all been from a movie.

I didnt notice that...Damm...
  • I am sooooo happy Darth Malgus is being added! I hope we get more characters from SWTOR or minimally the trailers. I still play SWTOR a ton and will definitely make sure I get him. Maybe Jedi Master Ven Zallow Next to buff old republic? He fought Malgus in deceived trailer and was a powerful fighter I'd love to see him added and would totally spend for him.

ill take non connon characters any day over garbage characters in any of the movies yes i dont like luke or vader at all and all Disney stuff so far has been terrible i like the old sith and old republic era more than almost every other era combined ill take kotor stuff every single time with out thought
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Another non-canon fake star wars character.

Imagine limiting your enjoyment of a game or a universe based on what is considered "canon" or not
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    I thought the character's name was Kanan?
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    So if he's taunting wont JMK with cat just mean Cat deletes Malgus on her first turn ? So guess it's not meant to counter JMK (?).
  • I thought the character's name was Kanan?

Lmao nice also please consider adding Ven Zallow as the old republic counterweight it would be amazing to have him and many others from SWTOR.
  • If I were to guess, I'd say that we'll be getting a Sith Empire Galactic Legend to negate CAT's insta-kill on its team. Vulnerability to CAT at the start seems like a glaring Danger Sign, so I'd wager that a GL will take care of this problem when we come to them later in the year.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    And now, Finally, they have returned
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Another non-canon fake star wars character.

This person gets it! Give me the real life star wars people!

Where is George Lucas, Rian Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy? It is long overdue that these real life Star Wars get their names in the game!

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

20th anniversary

SWTOR came out in 2011. So while this is technically a few months late, it’s for the 10th anniversary celebration. KoTOR does have its 20th anniversary coming in a bit over a year now on July 15th 2023 though.

I was going off the original. :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?