Kit Reveal: Darth Malgus

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Am I reading this right that he can give himself +150 speed if it's four SE and Talon? And +90 to everyone else?
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Am I reading this right that he can give himself +150 speed if it's four SE and Talon? And +90 to everyone else?

This definitely just reinforces my thoughts that I think this game needs more characters that forego speed in favor of other stats, like Droideka, instead of being encouraged to just make them all as fast as possible.
  • I think that having Talon on the team will be important. Her unique should be able to save an auto-taunting Malgus from CAT's auto-kill with JMK, right?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited April 2022
    I think that having Talon on the team will be important. Her unique should be able to save an auto-taunting Malgus from CAT's auto-kill with JMK, right?

Not to mention if he's a taunting leader, she'll be making this speed buffed team constantly gain tm.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I also want conan characters.

Would you accept Colbert characters?

Only Arnold conan accepted.
  • It smells Like a Tank to fix SEE "Team", Couse withot Malak DR is nothing.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I also want conan characters.

Would you accept Colbert characters?

Only Arnold conan accepted.

imqwyjxzdb12.jpg
  • Stat increases on both lead and unique? This guy is gonna be beefy.

Let's look at health with 3 sith empire allies and Talon.

Lead: +40% for 4 sith empire
    GA lead:+50% for all sith
    Unique: +35% for 3 other sith empire and 1 sith
    Talon: +30%
    So +155% from his starting max.

Then over the battle double tap basics up this by 20%. I think this 20% is based on the modified max, not that original max that the others built from?

So 100k health would become 255k at the start. Then basic can eventually double this to 510k? And the protection up from the special will be crazy.

Add in that all of his increases apply to protection too (not Talon's), plus 50% mastery increase boosts protection for tanks. Finally, don't forget the 15% damage decrease and extra crit avoid to top this off too.

Not just a tank, but a TANK!
  • TVF wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    OOOOOOOO LORD, OUR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED!

And my god, Malgus looks strong as hell.

Our?

So many people have no idea who this is.

Like me. (before today)

Why, he's Vader without the mask of course. At least that's what the designer was clearly shooting for. A bit uninspired but I'm always happy for new Sith content no matter how derivative.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Another non-canon fake star wars character.

So sick of this. Where is Bail Organa, Saw Gerrerra, people who actually happen in *real* star wars ffs.

Honestly, leave toons from video games and cheesy legends books to that. Not a single toon from the sw resistance show.

Keep it canon and stop making fake characters OP in the game.

He is canon

Is he though? I can only find a Legends entry for him on Wookieepedia. And those hardcore nerds add every smidgen of information 8.5 seconds after a Lucasfilm executive hits the Post button on Twitter.
  • Artumas wrote: »
    Quick FYI for anyone that's too lazy to do the math/didn't notice the specific wording of the leader text.

Malgus' leader skill does NOT require full Sith empire. This means you can easily run Darth Talon on the team.
    Assuming this works as it seems to read, +40 speed from 4/5 Sith empire, + 20 speed from Darth talon = +60 speed outside of GAC. Getting DR up to 350 speed isn't the hardest thing to do, meaning 410 speed DR.

Inside of GAC that's an additional +30, meaning +90 speed for DR, (and BSF and Malak) and +150 speed for Malgus himself, using a team of Malgus/DR/BSF/Malak/Darth Talon.

For 3v3, you can do Malgus/Darth Talon/Marauder, DR/BSF/Malak, Traya/Nihilus/Sion for 3 really strong sith teams.(Could probably optimize the Malgus team a bit more, but this is just a quick example.)

This is an absolutely INSANE buff to Sith Empire, as you can very realistically be looking at putting a 440 speed DR on defense, with a double tank team where one of the tanks fully heals after each battle and potentially has to die twice, and the other one has all his % procs reset.

While yeah, you can run this under SEE, I really don't think that's going to be anywhere near optimal for multi-team modes. And because it's all "if all allies were sith" instead of "sith empire", you don't even really lose anything, it's just that Talon doesn't gain as many boosts as everyone else.

He also fits on the Palp/Shock team, albeit a bit weirdly (You'd still probably want Palp as lead...) since he has the same crazy shock synergy that BSF has, making that team significantly more durable. Something like Palp/Malgus/Mara/BSF/DR. ...you're almost certainly better off running a more proper sith empire team, but hey, some conquest and galactic challenge feats want you to run weird teams like this. And maybe it'll work as some kind of specific GL counter or something.

Thanks for this breakdown. I was waiting for someone to explain why we should want him so I don't have to try and wrap my undercaffeinated head around the wall-of-text kit. I wish the developer insight posts would look like this.
  • I think that having Talon on the team will be important. Her unique should be able to save an auto-taunting Malgus from CAT's auto-kill with JMK, right?

Maaaaybe. But I wouldn’t count on it. Seems like a oneshot should still go through Talon, but it also seems inconsistet between JKR/Fives or Mando/CAT/Nihilus/Raid Bosses.
  • Devian wrote: »
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    Meh.

I know he’s popular with the OR crowd but there’s so much OT era content we still don’t have. I hope this isn’t the start of a few months of OR content.
    Commander Han Solo, Rebel Pilot Luke Skywalker, General Leia Organa, Old Ben spirit, GMYoda spirit, Han Solo in his shirt, Gamorean Guard #2, Rebel Pilot, Rebel Officer, Hoth Luke Skywalker, Bespin Leia Organa
    yeah, so many of new popular characters :D

Or maybe just Hondo, Beckett, Saw Gerrera (seeing as the OT era includes SW Rebels, Solo and R1), Jabba, Bib Fortuna, Val, Rio, Dryden Vos, Ursa Wren, Fenn Rau, Old Rex / Gregor / Wolffe, General Merrick, Nien Nunb, Bail Organa, General Dodonna, Admiral Raddus, Barada, Pote Snitkin, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, and all the imperial troopers we're still missing such as scout, flame and mortar troopers, assault tank pilot and commander, AT-AT and -ST pilots, or Death Star trooper and gunner. Just off the top of my head.

Plus a bunch of ships that allow us to utilize all 3 Imperial capital ships. Krennic's Delta-class shuttle, TIE Shuttle / Defender / Striker / Oppressor / Hunter / Phantom / Recon / Raptor / Avenger / Heavy Bomber etc. Not sure how many of them are canon but there should be enough to fill up Executrix or Chimaera, whichever one currently goes unused. If we add the missing rebel ships – Red Five, A-Wing, B-Wing, Tantive IV – we could even have a second alliance fleet under Raddus's Profundity.

I'd also really like to see a GL Alliance General Organa. Leia deserves at least one character who does her central role in the rebellion justice, which would also help solve the problem of our current crop of GLs being such a sad sausage party.

Alternatively CG could circle back to the prequels and add Agen Kolar, Quinlan Vos, Adi Gallia, Deepa Billaba, Saesee Tiin, Even Piell, Oppo Rancisis, Hevy, Dogma, Tup, Wolffe, Waxer, Boil, Gregar Typho, younger Hondo and his merry Weequay gang, Satine, Pre Viszla and Death Watch, commando and tactical droids, and ships to fill up the remaining Malevolence slots as well as the Endurance fleet (droid gunship and tri-fighter, Republic Gunship, Z-95, V19 torrent, Nu-class attack shuttle, and maybe Yoda's modified ETA-2 for good measure.

Ideally all of the above since it would also help with our chronic ship shortage. OR content does nothing for fleet, except maybe add another capital ship that lacks regular ships and makes things worse by taking away from existing fleets.
  • Another non-canon fake star wars character.

So sick of this. Where is Bail Organa, Saw Gerrerra, people who actually happen in *real* star wars ffs.

Honestly, leave toons from video games and cheesy legends books to that. Not a single toon from the sw resistance show.

Mate they make characters who are popular for a reason and they’re not “fake” they won’t add resistance bcuz it was so unpopular they had to cancel the next season. Just because you don’t look at legends doesn’t mean thousands don’t, I mean Swtor became the most played steam game for a few weeks in Nov 2020 it’s not unpopular in the slightest
  • Devian wrote: »
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    Meh.

I know he’s popular with the OR crowd but there’s so much OT era content we still don’t have. I hope this isn’t the start of a few months of OR content.
    Commander Han Solo, Rebel Pilot Luke Skywalker, General Leia Organa, Old Ben spirit, GMYoda spirit, Han Solo in his shirt, Gamorean Guard #2, Rebel Pilot, Rebel Officer, Hoth Luke Skywalker, Bespin Leia Organa
    yeah, so many of new popular characters :D

Or maybe just Hondo, Beckett, Saw Gerrera (seeing as the OT era includes SW Rebels, Solo and R1), Jabba, Bib Fortuna, Val, Rio, Dryden Vos, Ursa Wren, Fenn Rau, Old Rex / Gregor / Wolffe, General Merrick, Nien Nunb, Bail Organa, General Dodonna, Admiral Raddus, Barada, Pote Snitkin, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, and all the imperial troopers we're still missing such as scout, flame and mortar troopers, assault tank pilot and commander, AT-AT and -ST pilots, or Death Star trooper and gunner. Just off the top of my head.
    PORKINS
  • Another non-canon fake star wars character.

Mate they make characters who are popular for a reason and they’re not “fake” they won’t add resistance bcuz it was so unpopular they had to cancel the next season. Just because you don’t look at legends doesn’t mean thousands don’t, I mean Swtor became the most played steam game for a few weeks in Nov 2020 it’s not unpopular in the slightest
    I'd like to see Star Wars Resistance in the game, Particularly the ships. Colossus CS fielding Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, and Black Aces along with the Fireball and Yeager's Racer. Yes Please.

• Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if they're going to keep with the trend of having the Conquest characters tie into Galactic Legends, like with CAT and Maul. If so, I can only imagine that Vitiate/Valkorion/Tenebrae will be the next Dark Side GL, and if they decide to continue with honoring SWTOR this year, then I'm guessing the LS Conquest will be Satele Shan, and the LS GL will be Revan Reborn, with the LS characters focusing on Old Republic more than Jedi, since we already have JML for Jedi.

Anyone else think this might be likely? Any other guesses for Conquest/Galactic Legends?

Who would be a GL type from Kotor/swtor that would be able to fix the old republic team? Would love it be someone who makes use of carth, canderous,, zalbaar, and mission again.
    Obvious choices? Satele Shan for OR Jedi, Jace Malcolm for OR non-Jedi (both can be conquest characters), Revan(Reborn) for every OR character + Sith + Jedi, dark & light. The only OR GL material from that time.
    Alliance Commander for both Sith Empire and OR characters. More like Starkiller character requiring team of different characters(Sith/DS-UFU, Jedi/LS-UFU, OR, SE)
  • Hello,
    I am only eligible for conquest medium due to GP but I'm curious if its still possible to obtain Malgus. Lets assume I dont have any issue spending money and given the event is coming very soon I wouldn't be able to prepare any conquest currency before the event (I've been using it on gear). Is it possible to effectively buy him and unlock during this conquest cycle?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Hello,
    I am only eligible for conquest medium due to GP but I'm curious if its still possible to obtain Malgus. Lets assume I dont have any issue spending money and given the event is coming very soon I wouldn't be able to prepare any conquest currency before the event (I've been using it on gear). Is it possible to effectively buy him and unlock during this conquest cycle?

You can't buy enough to unlock him early, no. The best you can do is get the Conquest passes (even the $10 ones will do if you can achieve max crate normal on your own). Getting those for six months will grab you extra shards. That would be 150 extra (not sure if the pass scales to Normal or not). Then after the initial 3 months you should be able to buy extra for crystals during Conquest in addition to what you can get for Conquest currency (which I would recommend spending ONLY on Malgus if it's that important to you). I don't know what's in the crates for Normal, and I think he doesn't get all four scavengers either, so I can't give you the exact timeline. Someone else probably can, but it won't be three months. You might be able to get him in 6 with Conquest passes and crystal purchases, but I can't say for certain because I don't know the frequency of the crystal options in Normal either.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Another non-canon fake star wars character.

He is canon

Is he though? I can only find a Legends entry for him on Wookieepedia. And those hardcore nerds add every smidgen of information 8.5 seconds after a Lucasfilm executive hits the Post button on Twitter.

NVM, thought he was one of the names of the Sith Trooper legions in RoS:

THE 3RD: REVAN LEGION
    THE 5TH: ANDEDDU LEGION
    THE 17TH: TANIS LEGION
    THE 17TH: TENEBROUS LEGION
    THE 39TH: PHOBOS LEGION
    THE 44TH: DESOLOUS LEGION
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Hello,

If money is no object (Kudos !), you can buy a lot (A LOT) of crystals and improve your roster like crazy to reach at least 2nd crate on hard difficulty. You will probably need at least one GL if you don't have one, so considering ticket farming, you should probably unlock every prerequisite today and start refreshing energy to the max to get enough tickets to unlock GL+ultimate by Wednesday. Easy-peasy.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Yes! I never thought they would add him, but he’s finally arrived. I’m getting that Mara Jade feeling again… it’s just amazing to have another favorite in this game. I sense Satele might be next, but I don’t think they’ll push Old Republic beyond that
  • This must mean more content from the era is coming.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    This must mean more content from the era is coming.

CG isn’t tied to an era anymore

they are pick and choosing whatever characters they prefer (which i like)
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    I'm both excited and happy for this toon
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Excited to play him yes?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Revanfan
    36 posts Member
    I wonder what's the idea here.

It looks clear that CG wants 2 SE teams.

DR is obvious leader. With Badstilla and HK. Probably Malak goes here too. And Marauder I guess?

That leaves Malgus with SaSs and SET.
    Still need 2 more here!
    Are we getting 2 more SE toons soon maybe?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Special 1 gives 2 turns Taunt. If you get the omicron, in GA you’ll also get 50% tm (and other cool stuff), so only 1.5 turns Taunt. I wonder if we will have a ‘skill improvement that does improve my skill but with a trade-off’ situation. Those are not great.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Excited to play him yes?

i wish i could play him
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Excited to play him yes?

i wish i could play him

You can in three months.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH