Shipload of fleets, crystal income in GAC

Mephisto_style
5724 posts Member
edited May 2022
Now that we've had 5 ships unveiled since the ominous "shipload of content" was forecasted about a year ago and fleet GAC has been prioritized higher:

Can we be done with crystals in fleet arena also?

I was alright with it for a while because you guys turned squad arena into a sandbox mode in that time frame still close enough to need to give Executor-whales their rewards. That time has past though, especially with 6 fleets needed for GAC.

Up the crystals for GAC and kill fleet crystals like you did for squads.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Drim
    359 posts Member
    Agree
  • Why are people so itching to remove crystals from fleet? Around half your zetas come from it. So unless they add fleet currency to gac too (they won’t), you should be spending time and resources in fleet arena regardless of the crystals.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Why are people so itching to remove crystals from fleet? Around half your zetas come from it. So unless they add fleet currency to gac too (they won’t), you should be spending time and resources in fleet arena regardless of the crystals.
    It’s mostly just people that suck at fleets that want this, to be fair.
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    There’s enough crystals in GAC and I like my fleet payouts as a separate income. If I have a bad tournament in GAC I can still get crystals from fleet climbing.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Why are people so itching to remove crystals from fleet? Around half your zetas come from it. So unless they add fleet currency to gac too (they won’t), you should be spending time and resources in fleet arena regardless of the crystals.

they left the SA Tokens in SA, so i imagine they'll leave the FA Tokens in FA if they remove crystals.

my 2 cents: leave crystals in FA....cause i do NOT suck at fleet!
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member

Or people that don’t like fleets that much, or have very competitive shards/shard mafias that makes climbing for top positions every day a chore that they would prefer to be without maybe? Being good at is hardly the only factor here.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »

Or people that don’t like fleets that much, or have very competitive shards/shard mafias that makes climbing for top positions every day a chore that they would prefer to be without maybe? Being good at is hardly the only factor here.

This is why I dislike ships. Also I'm bad at it.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Stokat wrote: »

This is why I dislike ships. Also I'm bad at it.

The chicken and the egg!
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Disagree.
    They should stay where they are. Good reasons for this have already been mentioned.

One more point I would like to add: Ships already don't get used a lot. In GAC you sometimes don't even get to the fleet zone. Removing crystals from fleet squad would lower even more the usage of ships.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Disagree.
    They should stay where they are. Good reasons for this have already been mentioned.

One more point I would like to add: Ships already don't get used a lot. In GAC you sometimes don't even get to the fleet zone. Removing crystals from fleet squad would lower even more the usage of ships.

Sounds good to me

I disagree. I think a lot of players view it as monotonous unnecessary gameplay just like the grind feats in Conquest. We now have a more mandatory and arguably improved mode to test your fleet prowess. I play fleet arena the exact same as I play squad arena = 1 per day to complete my daily quests. In GAC however, I always try to win my 3 fleet battles to take home the win.

Fleet and squad arena need to do something interesting for me to care about them.

I disagree. I think a lot of players view it as monotonous unnecessary gameplay just like the grind feats in Conquest. We now have a more mandatory and arguably improved mode to test your fleet prowess. I play fleet arena the exact same as I play squad arena = 1 per day to complete my daily quests. In GAC however, I always try to win my 3 fleet battles to take home the win.

Fleet and squad arena need to do something interesting for me to care about them.

Seeing that you are at 292 in the fleet arena, I can see why you want the change
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member

Fleet arena offers me 350-400 crystals a day.

Odd that you are asking for the crystals to be moved to GAC, meaning you clearly want them, but you don’t want them enough to play fleet arena?

Odd that you are asking for the crystals to be moved to GAC, meaning you clearly want them, but you don’t want them enough to play fleet arena?

That's not odd at all. I think that is implicitly a clear motivation of my original and subsequent posts. Both squad and fleet arenas so much almost one-sidedly it is near objectively suck. That was why they killed squad arena and it will only be a matter of time before they do it to fleet.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2022

Seeing that you are at 292 in the fleet arena, I can see why you want the change

I don't play it.... I enter a battle everyday and retreat immediately

Edit - add: I think that is by far the norm than the exception
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

based on what
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

That's not odd at all. I think that is implicitly a clear motivation of my original and subsequent posts. Both squad and fleet arenas so much almost one-sidedly it is near objectively suck. That was why they killed squad arena and it will only be a matter of time before they do it to fleet.
    I don’t follow what you’re saying here. “Implicitly clear”? “So much almost one-sidedly it is near objectively suck”? Did you mean to type these things?

I do follow the supposition on your part as to why they killed squad arena. I think it’s more likely that they killed it because they didn’t want people developing one team and raking in 4-500 crystals daily without continuing to push their roster.

Killing squad arena allowed the devs to develop new B/C tier teams (Iden V troopers, Dash scoundrels, SK, Inquisitors to name but a few) that top-end players simply have to chase if they want to remain competitive and maintain their crystal income. Whilst crystals remained in squad arena, many players could ignore these teams without harming their crystal income.

Fleet arena, of course, is currently a one-fleet meta. Sure, people can beat Exec with Malevolence, Finalizer and even Home One if they master the strategy and set up the fleet perfectly, but all time served players are only hitting the top of they’ve chased and unlocked the big one.

That’s more supposition. Most in my guild are still hitting fleet to earn the best rewards they can every day, and judging by average fleet arena rankings of recent TW opponents your hit/quit approach seems to be the exception.

I don’t follow what you’re saying here. “Implicitly clear”? “So much almost one-sidedly it is near objectively suck”? Did you mean to type these things?

I do follow the supposition on your part as to why they killed squad arena. I think it’s more likely that they killed it because they didn’t want people developing one team and raking in 4-500 crystals daily without continuing to push their roster.

Killing squad arena allowed the devs to develop new B/C tier teams (Iden V troopers, Dash scoundrels, SK, Inquisitors to name but a few) that top-end players simply have to chase if they want to remain competitive and maintain their crystal income. Whilst crystals remained in squad arena, many players could ignore these teams without harming their crystal income.

Fleet arena, of course, is currently a one-fleet meta. Sure, people can beat Exec with Malevolence, Finalizer and even Home One if they master the strategy and set up the fleet perfectly, but all time served players are only hitting the top of they’ve chased and unlocked the big one.

That’s more supposition. Most in my guild are still hitting fleet to earn the best rewards they can every day, and judging by average fleet arena rankings of recent TW opponents your hit/quit approach seems to be the exception.

Ya, your guild is not the norm. I am sure you would agree to that.

I could continue, but I really don't see much point. I'll happily wager $50 USD that within 6 months fleet arena will meet a similar fate as squad did.