May the 4th (Non SWGOH)

Xtreme_777
24 posts Member
edited May 2022
Seeking thoughts and prayers as I go to watch The Last Jedi today. I'm hoping that it's not as painful as I remember. If so, I'll "have" to watch Twilight of the Apprentice.

Is anyone else actually planning to celebrate tomorrow?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Oh 100% going to a May the 4th costume party and everything. I’m dressing as padawan kenobi, making my wife dress as QGJ lol
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Last Jedi is the second or third best Star Wars, but sure, go off, king. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

Lol. You sound like the sorta person that has #1 as Phantom Menace.

I like them all, its just what they missed that hurts, not what they did.
    Oh 100% going to a May the 4th costume party and everything. I’m dressing as padawan kenobi, making my wife dress as QGJ lol

Who hosts a costume party? That's awesome

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Lol. You sound like the sorta person that has #1 as Phantom Menace.

What
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anyone else love the Black Series line of figures? If so, and you happen to see any exclusives or deals out there this week please share :)
    Best Buy has a 24 flash sale today on several action figures, video games, lego and other random SW items.

I tried, like you, to defend it, initially. It’s simply a horrible horrible movie. Every rewatch I get more depressed. Like…the only thing it has going for it is it is shot beautifully. Everything else, is just really poor and worst of all…dreadfully boring.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    TLJ is great
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Oh 100% going to a May the 4th costume party and everything. I’m dressing as padawan kenobi, making my wife dress as QGJ lol

That's very kind of you to be body positive by incorporating your wife's facial hair into a costume.
  • Oh 100% going to a May the 4th costume party and everything. I’m dressing as padawan kenobi, making my wife dress as QGJ lol
    Thejewx3 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

I tried, like you, to defend it, initially. It’s simply a horrible horrible movie. Every rewatch I get more depressed. Like…the only thing it has going for it is it is shot beautifully. Everything else, is just really poor and worst of all…dreadfully boring.

There were definitely plot disappointments, but I just viewed it in the lens of bringing closure to the story.

Lame parts - Knights of Ren SLKR battle. Why were they there and not in the stands with all the other Sith?

Sith audience in the stands doing nothing. Then they just all die conveniently, knowing that as soon as head-honcho Sith falls there is always the next power-thirsty Sith looking to step up.

The telekinesis abilities of EP and Rey were not used at all in their final battle. Graphics during the battle was decent, but the Sidious GMY battle was far more fun. You'd think Rey versus SEE would've been more badass.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I save my celebrations for Star Wars Day - May 25th.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?