Grand Inquisitor

strafeSS
201 posts Member
So at the end of the month we have an event that requires 3 toons that aren’t even farmable yet. That’s a new low.

Replies

• strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    Leaving aside the team is needed in conquest starting tomorrow.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    This 👆
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    At the end of next month.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    strafeSS wrote: »
    So at the end of the month we have an event that requires 3 toons that aren’t even farmable yet. That’s a new low.

4/5 should be able to be 7* by the event start, f2p
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    At the end of next month.

This 👆
    June is next month.
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    Great, now CG just expects us to know what order months go in? Was this posted anywhere? Unbelievable.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    DMG_SW wrote: »
    Great, now CG just expects us to know what order months go in? Was this posted anywhere? Unbelievable.

Literally unplayable
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Bored waiting for a no-show at work, i tried some quick maths:

280 shards / 5 shards per day = 56 days of farming (15 tries per day, 2 refreshes, 5 shards a day)
    I buy all my energy 50 crystals per 120 energy. I don’t count free energy.
    I use 12 energy hard nodes for the 2 inquisitors that are not available yet.

2nd sister
    Start 23/3, end 19/5
    180 energy, 75 crystals
    2 refreshes, 75 crystals
    150 crystals x 56 days = 8400 crystals

9th sister
    Start 6/4, end 1/7
    8400 crystals

2 other sisters:
    Start 11/5, end 7/7 (one week missing, so 7x5= 35 shards missing)
    150x 49= 7350
    Buy shards: 35x80= 2800
    Total 10150 crystals

Start 18/5, end 14/7 (2 weeks missing, so 14x5= 70 shards missing)
    150x 42= 6300
    Buy shards: 70x80 = 5600
    Total 11900 crystals

Grand total
    7000+7000+10150+11900= 36050 crystals
    From 6/4 to 30/6= 86 days, so 419 crystals per day needed to get them 7* ftp by end of June. Considering gac and fleet arena, seems attainable for a decent number of players, especially those that don’t have other journey characters to chase.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

Bored waiting for a no-show at work, i tried some quick maths:

280 shards / 5 shards per day = 56 days of farming (15 tries per day, 2 refreshes, 5 shards a day)
    I buy all my energy 50 crystals per 120 energy. I don’t count free energy.
    I use 12 energy hard nodes for the 2 inquisitors that are not available yet.

2nd sister
    Start 23/3, end 19/5
    180 energy, 75 crystals
    2 refreshes, 75 crystals
    150 crystals x 56 days = 8400 crystals

9th sister
    Start 6/4, end 1/7
    8400 crystals

2 other sisters:
    Start 11/5, end 7/7 (one week missing, so 7x5= 35 shards missing)
    150x 49= 7350
    Buy shards: 35x80= 2800
    Total 10150 crystals

Start 18/5, end 14/7 (2 weeks missing, so 14x5= 70 shards missing)
    150x 42= 6300
    Buy shards: 70x80 = 5600
    Total 11900 crystals

Grand total
    From 6/4 to 30/6= 86 days, so 419 crystals per day needed to get them 7* ftp by end of June. Considering gac and fleet arena, seems attainable for a decent number of players, especially those that don’t have other journey characters to chase.

Ok, so this can be wrapped via shop shards if they release such shard bundles last 2 weeks like they did for revans. Though your assumptions for first farm dates are a bit bold. The estimated farm dates on swgohevents:

8u3218apxgnh.png

45kie397k7gy.png
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    You’re totally right, i didn’t check swgoh events tbh. It shouldn’t change the numbers so much though.

My maths was for 4 inquisitors only to check Ultra’s claim; if you want the last inquisitor to qualify for the event, as we’ll have about no time to farm him via nodes, you need an extra 22 400 crystals (280x80), so 58 450 crystals total.
    Over the course of 86 days, that’s 680 crystals per day. Doable ftp for a kyber guy with a decent fleet, but you can’t farm much more stuff on top of that (if any depending on your fleet arena rank).
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I'm all that, but I don't have a stash besides 15k. So this is not doable for me, good to know. I'll keep farming them at a single refill pace.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Nah, it was lower when you got locked out of top arena crystals for months.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Grand total

Assuming you've got a stockpile of over 1000 of each kyro (plus carbantis etc).
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    I'm all that, but I don't have a stash besides 15k. So this is not doable for me, good to know. I'll keep farming them at a single refill pace.

I have 1k crystals in reserve as of today may 4th. Let me try to attempt to get all ready. Didn’t expect they put it at end of June which gives pure f2p a small chance to make it without a crystal stash.

• Ultra wrote: »

And what good does that do you for the event? You need all 5 and they just scheduled the event for right about the time Fifth Brother hits a node to farm.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    You’re totally right, i didn’t check swgoh events tbh. It shouldn’t change the numbers so much though.

My maths was for 4 inquisitors only to check Ultra’s claim; if you want the last inquisitor to qualify for the event, as we’ll have about no time to farm him via nodes, you need an extra 22 400 crystals (280x80), so 58 450 crystals total.
    Over the course of 86 days, that’s 680 crystals per day. Doable ftp for a kyber guy with a decent fleet, but you can’t farm much more stuff on top of that (if any depending on your fleet arena rank).

For the 2 new ones not in shipment yet, you can do 3x node refresh sometime to time completion just before event. This way is slightly cheaper to get remaining from shipment.

• zatchy
    123 posts Member

By f2p do you mean if you hoarded 44,800 crystals for the two who aren’t farmable and did multiple refreshes daily on 2nd and 9th?

Not to mention 5th Brother is ~$300

I’m going to say that’s not exactly f2p.

CG only cares about one thing, and it’s gotten worse and worse - taking money from players. Game enjoyment, competitive levels, fair game (aka no cheating) are not important. Only cash.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    zatchy wrote: »

By f2p do you mean if you hoarded 44,800 crystals for the two who aren’t farmable and did multiple refreshes daily on 2nd and 9th?

CG only cares about one thing, and it’s gotten worse and worse - taking money from players. Game enjoyment, competitive levels, fair game (aka no cheating) are not important. Only cash.

I have 82k in crystals saved that I didn’t buy.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited May 2022

I'm gonna paraphrase myself: you need 58 450 crystals total if you start farming inquisitors the moment they were available on hard nodes. Considering you started farming inquisitors the day 2nd sister was farmable, that's about 86 days until Grand inquisitor event. So you need to earn 680 crystals per day to 7* all 5 inquisitors ftp, which is doable for a player in kyber (and probably aurodium too) with a decent spot in fleet arena (Edit: 1st spot in fleet arena+gac in kyberb will net you around 950 crystals per day)

However, it doesn't take into account gear...
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member

I'm gonna paraphrase myself: you need 58 450 crystals total if you start farming inquisitors the moment they were available on hard nodes. Considering you started farming inquisitors the day 2nd sister was farmable, that's about 86 days until Grand inquisitor event. So you need to earn 680 crystals per day to 7* all 5 inquisitors ftp, which is doable for a player in kyber (and probably aurodium too) with a decent spot in fleet arena (Edit: 1st spot in fleet arena+gac in kyberb will net you around 950 crystals per day)

I think your analysis is good, and is the main reason that motivates me to give it a try as pure f2p with no crystals hoarded. I didn’t think it was possible so didn’t do any planning before today. With 1k crystals only today, I think it might still be possible. I have first inquisitor at 50/100 and second at 55/85. Will test this out for a pure 0 spending f2p.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    sloweagle wrote: »

I think your analysis is good, and is the main reason that motivates me to give it a try as pure f2p with no crystals hoarded. I didn’t think it was possible so didn’t do any planning before today. With 1k crystals only today, I think it might still be possible. I have first inquisitor at 50/100 and second at 55/85. Will test this out for a pure 0 spending f2p.

If they don't pull it earlier, the earliest date of fifth bro on maps is 6/23. That will be the clutch for you. And there's 2 weeks of shipments period before that?
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited May 2022

If they don't pull it earlier, the earliest date of fifth bro on maps is 6/23. That will be the clutch for you. And there's 2 weeks of shipments period before that?

The 5th one can be done through shipment, it costs 22800 crystals. The other 2 can be done with likely 11k crystals each through farming. So that amount to somewhere 45k crystals. If I drop everything else and start hoarding crystals for the 5th brother, it might be possible.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited May 2022

The 5th one can be done through shipment, it costs 22800 crystals. The other 2 can be done with likely 11k crystals each through farming. So that amount to somewhere 45k crystals. If I drop everything else and start hoarding crystals for the 5th brother, it might be possible.

Good luck ! Don’t forget gear though. https://gear.swgohevents.com/ could help planning for it.

I’ll aim for the second coming, old school style. Don’t want to have my stash depleted by the end of june if they announce something for august ;)
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Just go for the second pass and be conservative since the 5th inquisitor won't be available at all by the time the event ends
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Just go for the second pass and be conservative since the 5th inquisitor won't be available at all by the time the event ends

Yeah, this doesn't look doable for me at all...even though I have the gear already. Though the last inq. should drop on table around that time.
  • Grand Inquisitor done, totally f2p way. I have 75 crystals balance left as of now. And can only get him to G7. Time to farm shock materials. Lol

Yeah, this doesn't look doable for me at all...even though I have the gear already. Though the last inq. should drop on table around that time.

Good luck ! Don’t forget gear though. https://gear.swgohevents.com/ could help planning for it.

I’ll aim for the second coming, old school style. Don’t want to have my stash depleted by the end of june if they announce something for august ;)

• Congrats, @sloweagle .

I'll settle for the 2nd coming of the GI event, but I completely respect your continuously excellent work repping us FtP folks.