Next Galactic Legend(s)

Prev134
Moorebid
488 posts Member
edited May 2022
Hey guys,
Currently I have all GL, except LV, but I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with him...
On the one hand I hear everyone shouting he's not that good (ok, I beat him all the time) but on the other hand, he's a GL.
My problem lies with the fact that the next set of GL is kinda due, and I'd rather wait en spend my resources there. Or is it still another 3 months? We don't know.
What would you do?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I would suggest you get the good requirements for LV (like Bad Batch, Padme, GAS...) while you wait. He's not that bad, and this way you don't really waste any resources for a while. We might know more by the time you are done with that.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    writing on the wall points to them not releasing any new GLs anytime soon
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

How so?
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

How so?
    It’s been a really long time since one has been announced. We have gotten 2 legendaries announced recently. Conquest characters are released in conjunction with a GL, the most recent being a SE character. SE doesn’t need a boost so a GL won’t be coming for them. We have kenobi and then Mando, both of which will likely not see a GL. Also coincides with the fact that we’ve basically heard nothing from the devs in a long time.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

How so?
    It’s been a really long time since one has been announced. We have gotten 2 legendaries announced recently. Conquest characters are released in conjunction with a GL, the most recent being a SE character. SE doesn’t need a boost so a GL won’t be coming for them. We have kenobi and then Mando, both of which will likely not see a GL. Also coincides with the fact that we’ve basically heard nothing from the devs in a long time.

Conquest toons may not come along with GLs, it's just that one time (twice) it happened. We have one legendary announced, which is the 2nd one? I agree that both Kenobi and Mando are not ready to pop out a gl. I still expect new gls during this summer. Will see.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    I have zero Galactic Legends, still trying to figure out who would be the best to go for with my current collection.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I have zero Galactic Legends, still trying to figure out who would be the best to go for with my current collection.

SLKR is a great first GL to get
  • I have zero Galactic Legends, still trying to figure out who would be the best to go for with my current collection.

To quote the late Darth Maul, “KENOBI!!!”
  • Go for LV. He has the best reqs.
  • If no more GLs come out, CG probably gives themselves a significant amount of creative freedom regarding teams. If a GL does come out, it plus it's conquest unit(s) would have to powercreep JMK CAT. Given the ridiculous height that team holds in pvp, bringing out something a lot better (i.e. can run circles round it on auto) is far more detrimental than just keeping it as the pinnacle and turning to other ways to bring other teams to new levels via omicrons.

I just can't see them bringing out a new pair of GLs when they know they would need to easily beat the current 6. The shift to GAC plays along with this as well, as squad arena meta no longer matters. They've created a situation in which you need GL and a good amount of non-GL teams - and this also means they can bring units like Old Boba, Grand Inq, and make them actually usable in different game modes instead of having a hard requirement of them having to beat a GL.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Figured SA losing crystals made it easy for CG to move away from GLs. Plus conquest makes it easy as well.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Figured SA losing crystals made it easy for CG to move away from GLs. Plus conquest makes it easy as well.

It also makes possible to offer a new GL without making it stronger than the previous ones and tone down the power creep.
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member

Definitely agree with ultra on SLKR; enjoying playing the game again though?
  • TheGungan
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    This was meant for CG_meat_head and anyone else contemplating which GL to go for first.

Offensively SLKR is great but he needs armorer and thrawn to make him viable vs jmk and daka and zombie vs LV. If you have those four then it makes SLKR decent but bad for banners. Defensively he doesnt have much viability.

SEE is in the same boat as SLKR but doesn't provide you a fleet.

JMK needs CAT, which is rough if you dont have her. If you have CAT go for JMK.

JML is alright but kind of like SLKR, not great on defense and needs a stronger supporting cast than SLKR.

Rey is ... Rey.

LV is as good as JMK/CAT and doesn't need CAT to be good. Offensively he doesnt need a strong supporting cast and defensively only has a few counters that can get through him. SLKR countering him is the biggest draw back but his reqs will make up for that as it'll give you better options in your roster than the opponent that farmed SLKR.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    My stone cold solid lock of the century is that the next Galactic Legends will be Ahsoka and Thrawn and they’ll be released in conjunction with the Ahsoka series. Book it.

Or don’t, because I’m probably wrong, but that’s what my gut tells me!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

What I tell people is to go for their favorite faction. If their favorite doesn’t have a Galactic Legend, go for the one that needs them as requirements.

I was lucky because I love Resistance and was working on them anyway before Galactic Legends were added. So I had an easy road. But my advice to everyone is that you should go for the characters and teams you like instead of letting the game tell you what to do.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    TheGungan wrote: »
    This was meant for CG_meat_head and anyone else contemplating which GL to go for first.

Offensively SLKR is great but he needs armorer and thrawn to make him viable vs jmk and daka and zombie vs LV. If you have those four then it makes SLKR decent but bad for banners. Defensively he doesnt have much viability.

SEE is in the same boat as SLKR but doesn't provide you a fleet.

JMK needs CAT, which is rough if you dont have her. If you have CAT go for JMK.

JML is alright but kind of like SLKR, not great on defense and needs a stronger supporting cast than SLKR.

Rey is ... Rey.

LV is as good as JMK/CAT and doesn't need CAT to be good. Offensively he doesnt need a strong supporting cast and defensively only has a few counters that can get through him. SLKR countering him is the biggest draw back but his reqs will make up for that as it'll give you better options in your roster than the opponent that farmed SLKR.

Fortunately for me, my TROVE pack gave me Armourer haha not sure if that changes any of your suggestions.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    SLKR is great since he can take out SLKR, Rey, SEE, LV

JML too IIRC

JMK is the only GL he doesn't beat on offense

he can solo most teams, and take out almost any team in the game that isn't JMK + CAT

He is also very strong defensively, and you can easily solo the Sith Raid with him, giving you premium gear to gear up other toons

Given your position in the game where you recently restarted, I think going for SLKR is the best since CAT is out of the question, and JMK is okay without CAT
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Rey seems to be a good-for-nothing.
    With CAT/Mace She holds better, but JMK > Rey.
    So...Rey is trash?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    TheGungan wrote: »

Defensively he doesnt have much viability.

SLKR was the 2nd best GL in terms of defense holds in GAC (LVs meta squad is first)
    587oebn6r98d.jpeg

Lord Vader still needs DV & Maul (with Thrawn & RG) if u want his best squad defensively, and he requires 4 R8s (probably not something a guy with 0 GLs has readily available)

So I’d say they go with SLKR, plus the fleet is a huge bonus
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Durandal wrote: »
    So...Rey is trash?

Not really, anyone who thinks Rey is trash (in game), is probably trash themselves.
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    So...Rey is trash?

Not really, anyone who thinks Rey is trash (in game), is probably trash themselves.

Here =/= ingame

Ill pass then.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    SemiGod wrote: »
    So...Rey is trash?

Here =/= ingame

Ill pass then.

I was referring to in game instead of the movies, but fair enough lol.
  • Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    Slkr is the only galactic legend that can solo hsith, solo means alone..
    Nothing to add...
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Nothing to add...

What does it matter if he can solo it alone? JMK with toons you will have on the way to getting JMK can solo HSith, and also do upto 1/3 of Cpit phase 1.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Nothing to add...

What does it matter if he can solo it alone? JMK with toons you will have on the way to getting JMK can solo HSith, and also do upto 1/3 of Cpit phase 1.

don’t u need CAT?
  • I would expect more Gals at some point this year. Other legendary characters don't necessarily mean that there won't be GLs.

CG does like money so there will be more GLs.

My prediction is Endor Leia and Jabba as the next set.

Here's the logic.

1. We don't have any OT GLs so they probably will do so.
    2. Many have asked for a better version of Leia.
    3. Most other OT heros and villains are already in game.
    4. Jabba is as close to a nemosis to Leia as you can get. (Only major villain she personally kills or fights.
    5. People have also been asking for Jabba for a long time too. So there's money to be made.

Now let's look at some recent character releases.

1. Mara Jade. Her backstory had her at Jabba's palace. So she could easily be required for Jabba.
    2. Dash Rendar - could be a Leia req.
    3. Star killer - he rescues Leia in the force unleashed and starts the Rebellion in legends. Could be req for Leia.
    4. Inquisitors - this could be a stretch but if Leia shows up in Kenobi, they could use that as an excuse to make them req for Leia. Similar to bb being req for lv. Or could be unrelated.
    5. Old undergeared rebels - farm boy Luke and rogue one characters come to mind but there are plenty that haven't been needed for anything else.
    6. Old undergeared scoundrels and bh. We still have enough of those for several possible Jabba requirements.
    7. New marques. We could get some new marques for additional requirements as well. Endor han, Carbonite han (required for both), bib fortuna, the rancor keeper, some random rebel that shows up on screen with a young Leia in Kenobi or Andor, ect...

So there's plenty of characters to fill the requirements.

• Revanfan
    36 posts Member
    My guess is Revan. Requiring Malak, DR, Malgus and Inquisitors and a few other OR.
    Perhaps a few more marquees too.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I agree that a version of Leia will be the Rebel GL eventually, and Endor Leia makes the most sense unless they opt for something from the EU novels.

But I just don’t think Jabba will be the pair. The key thing is that a Galactic Legend represents the final evolution of a character (Kylo to Unmasked to Supreme Leader; Sidious to Palpatine to SEE, etc) and there’s nothing for Jabba to evolve from in the game.

I’m sure they have something in preparation for this, but I don’t think it’ll be Jabba.
  • Revanfan
    36 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

The key thing is that a Galactic Legend represents the final evolution of a character (Kylo to Unmasked to Supreme Leader; Sidious to Palpatine to SEE, etc).

So Lord Vader, the confused and blinded, unskilled, children killer, is the final evolution? Ever heard of Darth Vader?

Also, are you sure Endor Leia is the last evolution for someone who became a freking jedi a few decades later?