Darth Revan losing to Darth Revan

Milla2244
6 posts Member
edited May 2022
I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong!!!!! I'm going against DR teams exactly like mine except there weaker, my relics are between 5 and 7 while I'm fighting teams with 2 or no relic at all. And yet I'm get blown away every time! I tried switching to all speed mods for certain characters, iv tried ranking up those mods. I'm the exact same team but supior so how am I getting rocked?!?!

Replies

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited May 2022
    Speed, particular of Darth Revan and Bastila, determines a lot in these mirror matches. Relic levels don't account for nearly as much as you think. Strategy will also play a role.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    The best help people can give you is if they know exactly what you’re working with. Could you share your ally code / swgoh.gg profile if you have one?

The way you described your mods has me suspicious that you need to further develop your understanding of the way mods work. Not all speed mods are equal, and I’m quite sure people could still have a faster Darth Revan than you without using any speed mods.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    If the enemy Bastila Fallen goes before yours, it's often the death sentense in DR mirror. Reason is the passive debuff "Corrupted Battle Meditation". The character with the debuff can no longer debuff anyone anymore. Meaning if your own Bastila Fallen is slower and got the CBM, she is then basically useless.
  • My code is 199-198-842
  • Speed is definitely your issue. I just looked over your account and I think it would be really helpful for you to do a little more research to understand how mods work. Darth Revan wants to be really fast and your DR is like 253 speed. A good way to help in the short term is to find a replacement for your Darth Revan's Arrow mod to have a primary stat of Speed. That will instantly had 30-32 speed to your DR which will help. DR in most cases wants to be 300+ speed.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    @Milla2244 I’m going to be blunt here, but your mods are pretty terrible. Some don’t even have speed on them, which is going to hamper your teams’ ability to get a turn off before they’re defeated. Gear is one investment, but if you don’t invest in your mods properly you won’t win.
  • Shmoopyz
    123 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Speed is everything. In 99% of cases if a mod doesn't have speed, sell it.

In mirror matches the higher speed team usually wins.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Milla2244 wrote: »
    My code is 199-198-842

Sorry to join in on the bad news, but the biggest improvement you need to make for your whole-game experience is some serious homework on how mods work…

ucbxnlxkp6ek.jpeg
    27jb3utgplug.jpeg

For starters, speed mods award a bonus for using a set of 4. There is pretty much no benefit to using 6 speed mods. Using 4 speed and 2 health is pretty common on a character like Darth Revan.

Some mod sets award a bonus for a set of 2, some for a set of 4. If your character is benefitting from complete sets the small square in the centre of the mod panel will glow orange. The first 5 characters of yours I looked at did not have this orange glow.

Secondly - you need to understand what a good speed mod is. I attached a picture of your Darth Revan arrow mod, which has a secondary speed of 6, rather than a primary speed of 32. That’s 26 speed thrown away immediately. You have a couple of other mods on Darth Revan with very low speed secondary as well, with +15 being your highest. (For reference, my Darth Revan speeds are +20, +21, +22, +22, +24 and then +32 for the arrow)

I won’t attach screenshots of your Darth Malak mods as they would carry an X-certificate rating! You have 6 speed mods on him but only 2 of them (arrow and triangle) have any speed stats at all. The square, diamond, circle and cross mods have no speed whatsoever and you’ve sliced them up to 6 dot. Those mods are pretty much useless, I’m afraid.

Mods are a necessary evil in this game. Players that don’t immerse themselves in the way they work are doomed to fight with one hand tied behind their back and a plastic sword. For some battles this isn’t a big deal, as the enemy is controlled by an AI that can be outsmarted. For teams like Darth Revan, speed is king and you will lose if you are slower.

https://youtu.be/DPKsVWqlG6E

This is as good a starting point as any.
    Post edited by DarjeloSalas on
  • Wed_Santa
    931 posts Member
    All the above is sound but if you want a simple strategy - focus on getting secondary speed for DR (total of >140 additional speed would be a reasonable target) - and a couple of good primary sets (like offence and potency). Don’t worry too much about the rest of the team at first - you can work on them. Then make sure you use your speed to hit the enemy DR (or Padme etc - whoever is the leader) with insanity first thing. The fear debuff will give you space to carve out an advantage from there.
  • Wed_Santa
    931 posts Member
    And don’t forget to use load outs to save different mod combos so you can try out changes without having to laboriously re-equip
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Milla2244 wrote: »
    My code is 199-198-842

I won’t attach screenshots of your Darth Malak mods as they would carry an X-certificate rating! You have 6 speed mods on him but only 2 of them (arrow and triangle) have any speed stats at all.

Then don't look at BSF ... 6 speed mods, zero speed primaries or secondaries.

@OP I seriously hope you didn't put any money into the game yet. You need to sit down and study mods really good and hard for a while. But you also need to think about how the mods interact with the way certain toons work. Let me throw a few examples at you:

- You have a lot of toons with 6 speed mods on, or similar unmatched sets. Occationally an unmatched set will be okay if you have a very high secondary stat that the toon needs (e.g. 25+ speed, 6%+ offense, or similar).
    - Several of your toons have good sets, but primaries doesn't match what goes with the toon - e.g. Jolee, who has protection primaries, when it should be health.
    - One of your fastest mod sets are on Yoda, but Yoda doesn't really need speed because of his TM gain mechanics. He does however need a lot of offense, so the offense set is not off.
    - GK is one of the best tanks in the game. Therefore he needs lots of health and protection. You have 6 speed mods on him and several offense primaries.

When you mod, think about what type of toon you're dealing with. As a rule of thumb attackers want speed and offense. Supports want speed and survivability. Tanks wants health, protection and tenacity to take as many hits as possible while not losing taunt. And maybe hold off slicing more mods until you get the hang of what a good mod is. The guide DarjeloSalas posted is super helpful.
  • Yea it seems the mod system is way more complex than I thought, I really thought was you get 6 speed mods and rank them up as hi as possible but clearly there's more to it than that. Thanks everyone I really appr
  • Sorry cut off I really appreciate it
  • Shmoopyz wrote: »

And people said JKR meta was bad. This one was horrible
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    Shmoopyz wrote: »

And people said JKR meta was bad. This one was horrible

Speed has always been king - maybe with the exception of during GAS meta.