Territory Wars Timer

Ultra
11449 posts Moderator
edited May 2022
Should the TW Attack Phase increase from 24 hours to 36 hours, and Review Period reduced from 24 hours to 12 hours?

Territory Wars Timer 106 votes

Yes
73%
MclohanSnake2DarkAngel17YbelerJritaiiimiguelfoodexxterlab97hunchewRitBelmont30FraegarBinBetterLovimgsaskia1Rckhndaustral_esQhorin_HalfhandJakdnelsKyloKen35sigsigMonRaaElBuyBitcoin 78 votes
No
26%
StarSonGoosyCCyrilSchpMINIsolo_77wantowan2wharpVerschlingerSalatious_Scrumpetersont79NSC_SunhaJaruleNurthDKotaAdamoiuGabiMaricSkywalkerGunner420iLarryBrockThudsteelKard_1986Setlian_197866highlander66 28 votes
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• No
    This wouldn’t solve the core issue that is affecting TW: its matchmaking “algorithm”.

There’s another guild-wide game mode, however, that could use a 12 hour review period
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    This wouldn’t solve the core issue that is affecting TW: its matchmaking “algorithm”.

There’s another guild-wide game mode, however, that could use a 12 hour review period
    I'm not asking to solve TW or matchmaking or talk about other game modes
  • No
    I’m just questioning the “why” behind this poll… have there been guilds complaining about the length of time TW takes?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited May 2022
    I’m just questioning the “why” behind this poll… have there been guilds complaining about the length of time TW takes?

Yeah, ever since they doubled from 25 defenses to 50 defenses
  • No
    Both guilds have the same problem. I'd prefer to keep the times as they currently are. Allows less time for guild movement if needed
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    No
    Adjusting the time windows around TW (attack phase, defense phase, signup phase, review period) doesn’t address the teething issues on the game mode’s matchmaking. Kind of what @chpMINIsolo_77 said, both guilds are in the same boat regarding the amount of squads in each zone. Can adding 12 hours allow more time to attack? Sure.

At the end of the day, the matchmaking in TW tends to result in it being heavily skewed in favor of one of the guilds matched up together. I can recall my guild being full cleared in under a day, and the other way around in a different matchup. I just don’t see a reason for a time adjustment when a brief look at the posts in the TW forum section don’t mention that as a primary issue.
  • Yes
    Both guilds have the same problem. I'd prefer to keep the times as they currently are. Allows less time for guild movement if needed

Is your guild local or international? It's hell for people living in multiple different time zones with so many squads need clearing now
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Adjusting the time windows around TW (attack phase, defense phase, signup phase, review period) doesn’t address the teething issues on the game mode’s matchmaking.

Again, matchmaking is not the topic of this thread, and I'm not trying to address Matchmaking.

I have received numerous complaints from different guild officers about feeling burnt out managing TW after the defense increase:

1. Need all 50 to be online and active before they can move on to the next zone (that requires time), previously it was only 25 out of 50 before they can progress forward
    2. When a new zone opens up, you need all 50 to be online again

Player 1 might attack at noon, and Player 50 might attack at 4 PM, then new zone opens and you need to make sure Player 1 is around to attack again 4 hours later, and so on

And then you include sleep schedule, international time zones etc

Some guilds are unable to win because they ran out of time

Its fine if you think the timer at 24 is okay, but again, the timer / review phase discussion is not to fix or solve or address matchmaking. That is a completely separate issue that you are mixing with the attack phase timer
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    No
    Is your guild local or international? It's hell for people living in multiple different time zones with so many squads need clearing now

Having an international guild sounds like a nightmare to handle in terms of planning regardless of guild-wide activity
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Having an international guild sounds like a nightmare to handle in terms of planning regardless of guild-wide activity

It does, but recruitment is too hard for many guilds to be able to ignore going international.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • hunchew
    70 posts Member
    Yes
    Yes.

This might only be an issue for guilds required to set 50 squads per zone, but it definitely is a problem.
    Yes, both guilds would have the issue, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a huge issue for top international guilds. Trying to get 50 people on-line to be able to attack in a timely manner is extremely difficult. Adding 12 hrs would help. Not sure how much, it would definitely reduce the time pressure
  • Yes
    Maybe the TW officer can get 8 hours of sleep those days f it is set at 36 hours
  • wantowan2
    38 posts Member
    No
    I think that there will always be people that leave tw till the last minute no matter when the end is. They wait for the low hanging fruit in the back zones. You can see them online and active in the game but not hitting in the war. Chroníc issue. They will even hit raids and not war.
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    I feel like half of my guild would just wait until the last hours anyway.
  • miguelfoo
    65 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Yes
    :|
  • miguelfoo
    65 posts Member
    Yes
    Yes

• Muren76
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Yes
    Yes please!!! It's a nightmare for officers, on TW days I sleep an average of 4 hours
  • Yes
    Absolutely yes. As a TW officer I've been hoping for this since TW got scaled up to 50 per zone. I believe Doja or Crumb said at the time they were monitoring this, but we never heard anything about it again as far as I'm aware.

In many cases for serious guilds, TW officers make or break the guild. If they burn out or leave, few are willing to replace them or able to do a good job. If CG wants to see many high end guilds in the game last so that the players in them spend money, then making the life of TW officers easier should be a focus point.
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    No
    part of winning TW is also managing the 500 attacks within 24 hours. Sure some top guilds like caw probably prefer an additional 12 hours but it’s all part of the challenge managing all attacks in the short time.

Also TW takes already an entire day no thanks to taking 1,5 days lol
  • Yes
    I feel for an officer it's much easier to spread things out than have us have a day where we need to be in-game much more for the attack phase, and then a day doing much less. Putting a 36hr attack phase means people won't be attacking so quickly, and officers will have time to put out orders etc.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • No
    No.
    Gitgud.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited May 2022
    Thanks everyone for your input!

Closing thread now
This discussion has been closed.