Malak in the current Conquest

Gale_Toral
127 posts Member
edited May 2022
Is there a reason that Malak does not deal 100% of health damage to units in Conquest? As there is a feat for 40 wins with Sith Empire, it's given me a lot of opportunity to use them. Time and time again I am seeing a unit with no protection, and approximately 90-95% of their health remaining, not be outright defeated by his Drain Life.

This is incredibly frustrating given that another feat is kills with Revan and Malak.

Is it a programming error regarding how Overprepared handles health increases? Is it a hidden modifier to Malak in Conquest? I can try to capture some footage to show this if needs be. I'm in sector 4 right now and have used Sith Empire as much as I can to progress their feats.

Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• crzydroid
    7257 posts Moderator
    edited May 2022
    It absolutely works in Conquest. More than likely you are trying it against a unit who takes reduced damage from percent health effects. You need to provide more details on the team you are facing.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    It absolutely works in Conquest. More than likely you are trying it against a unit wgo takes reduced damage from percent health effects. You need to provide more details on the team you are facing.

Certainly. The last team I faced was Ewoks. Paploo had no protection and Malak had just reached a damage threshold to trigger his bonus turn. I used Drain Life on Paploo and his health bar dropped down the red.

I more than likely had Volatile Accelerator, 1-2 Amplify Agony and Perseverence equipped for disks.

Now if we think that it's the disks causing this, then ok, I can look in to changing them up. Paploo would be receiving damage and simultaneously triggering Volatile and Amplify. Could it be that the DOTs trigger the uniques on certain units that gives them health before the game counts them as defeated?
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Gale_Toral wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    It absolutely works in Conquest. More than likely you are trying it against a unit wgo takes reduced damage from percent health effects. You need to provide more details on the team you are facing.

Certainly. The last team I faced was Ewoks. Paploo had no protection and Malak had just reached a damage threshold to trigger his bonus turn. I used Drain Life on Paploo and his health bar dropped down the red.

I more than likely had Volatile Accelerator, 1-2 Amplify Agony and Perseverence equipped for disks.

Now if we think that it's the disks causing this, then ok, I can look in to changing them up. Paploo would be receiving damage and simultaneously triggering Volatile and Amplify. Could it be that the DOTs trigger the uniques on certain units that gives them health before the game counts them as defeated?

That’s what it sounds like. Paploo gains 5% health and protection when he gains a status effect. Sounds like an order of operations thing. DOTs are being applied, triggers unique, then Malak actually does the damage.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Perseverance reduces damage in general by 30%, doesn't it?
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Gale_Toral
    127 posts Member

Only damage that my team receives, I believed, but it shouldn't affect damage based on health regardless.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Gale_Toral wrote: »

Only damage that my team receives, I believed, but it shouldn't affect damage based on health regardless.

It does say “All damage allied units deal Is reduced by 30%”
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    Perseverance decreases your damage output, not the damage you receive.

Even with the consistent assist attack teams, it is an overall decrease in damage. For a team like sith empire, with no assists, it's just a flat nerf to your own team.