Conquest Feedback?

Prev1
Gurken
59 posts Member
edited May 2022
Does CG just not see our feedback or just don't care? (My guess is the latter)

Every conquest I see people complaining and asking for ridiculous modifiers to be removed like overprepared and steadfast retribution.
For multiple of the same data disc not be available in the same node.
Simple QOL improvements like having feats work as described or properly described.
To not have extremely tedious feats like get 50 of x or 100 of y.
To not monetize feats with factions that are only available for money.
Some level of QOL improvements for stamina, either reduce the stat reduction or at least remove speed.
Add bonus energy for conquest.
Increase stamina regen.
Don't have removing disks cost energy.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited May 2022
    Some feedback doesn't make sense

Like removing Overprepared, without that modifier, there is no challenge in conquest and people can auto everything and that would make the game mode boring

steadfast retribution is fine, we've had that for over a year and people are able to get through it every month
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Yeah, a bunch of OP’s requests will see Conquest become what it was initially - an event where smart players could earn max rewards without using any crystals.

Wishful thinking, hoping the devs will return it to that state.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    And as much as I dislike what seems to me to be over-monetization, you can't really expect them to not monetize the new factions. Or, if you do expect it, you've certainly learned loooong ago that that expectation is unrealistic.
  • 1. The bugs make you want to rage quit.
    2. To get a high rewards chest be prepared to spend an hour+ each day.
    3. If you have a demanding job good luck managing SWGOH and work/family/sleep.
    4. Its 5:42am here, instead of trying to get back to sleep I made the mistake of trying to advance in conquest. Hit a bug and now want to delete a 6 yr account.
    5. I know if I delete my life will be better off.
    6. If I delete what was the point.
    7. Hang on maybe I can get Nihilus and Scion to survive somehow, and these stupid inquisitors to gain foreskins.
    8. Soooo tempted, once deleted i know its gone forever.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Like removing Overprepared, without that modifier, there is no challenge in conquest and people can auto everything and that would make the game mode boring

steadfast retribution is fine, we've had that for over a year and people are able to get through it every month

While I agree with your point, if they can get creative with these new 'Datacrons', why can't they come up with a few more interesting modifiers? It does get stale facing the same modifiers over and over again.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    CG is allergic to feedback, and it doesn’t look like that’s gonna change any time soon. QOL is a dirty word. They also seem to be allergic to keep their word as well….CG gonna CG.

PS: you forgot feat trackers….apparently those are too hard for CG.
  • SerWulfgar
    471 posts Member
    I dont get it why people hate the galrep modifier so much.

Yes it is annoying, but it works in a predictable and constant manner.

The rebel modifier on the other hand is also annoying, but replaces strategy with rng.
    That is the actual modifier that should have been reworked a year ago.

What kind of strategy is it when you bring in Han and you hope to instakill someone, otherwise restart? (I know it is not the only solution for many, but it is the only solution for some)

The amount of bugs we have in every single conquest is pathetic. I have stopped reporting them as I could not keep up the pace. Simply unreal.

We had the debuff/hard debuff thingie (self inflicted deathmark lol), we had ewok bug, the mando/bando fiasco, and now dread doesnt work as intended also they better survive (list is far from complete).

I am not even disappointed at this point, but this performance is just... poor.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    They care about the Money spended on the app but not about the feedback.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

While I agree with your point, if they can get creative with these new 'Datacrons', why can't they come up with a few more interesting modifiers? It does get stale facing the same modifiers over and over again.

Modifiers are fine, they are faction based

They make new modifiers for factions that don't have any

Some of the mechanics for bosses seemed pretty cool enough, to me
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Yes I like the new conquest also, next time please go for more grind and bugs. It's more fun if you can grind bugged out battles!
  • Ultra wrote: »

Does Talia, NS Initiate and Zaalbar surviving count as a mechanic? To me it sounds like throwing a bunch of random toons together with zero synergy. If there's some connection between Zaalbar and the NS faction, I'd love for someone to enlighten me.

Faction modifiers is fine, but if they can change things for a limited time with Datacrons, why can't they change the behaviour of the modifiers for 3 conquests? For example, steadfast retribution might only reflect 50% damage but reduce max health by x amount. I would take that over the same thing over and over.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    So far, I like the new mini-boss and boss battles a lot. That’s what i expect, unique fights and full of fluff nevertheless. More mini-boss/boss feats so i would engage more in these unique fights instead of general/sector feats that make me farm boring fights over and over would lower the grind and improve my experience.
  • MAGMA
    27 posts Member
    after having played more and more rotten conquests, I decided not to play them anymore. at least I get more **** off about bugs or tough fights that CG just sucks to **** us off. in addition I no longer have to pay attention to the comments of CG who defend the errors of the conquests by telling us that it is good and that it would not be good to put back certain things because it would be too easy. it's not a game anymore, it's just a mess this game
  • Engage
    267 posts Member

There is an easy team I cannot beat right now with overprepared. Anyone asking it to be removed entirely is wrong. But having it on every single battle instead of different modifiers is lazy. There is no strategy to any of it.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    They won’t listen to feedback even if it’s warranted and great.

They can’t even put out a conquest free of bugs after pouring the same grindy and boring feats over and over again. They’re a joke of a company and i can’t wait until another development company brings out a game that can rival SWGOH and watch them squirm under the pressure like when MSF came out. Maybe then they’ll finally push out a quality product.
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member

Does Talia, NS Initiate and Zaalbar surviving count as a mechanic? To me it sounds like throwing a bunch of random toons together with zero synergy. If there's some connection between Zaalbar and the NS faction, I'd love for someone to enlighten me.

Faction modifiers is fine, but if they can change things for a limited time with Datacrons, why can't they change the behaviour of the modifiers for 3 conquests? For example, steadfast retribution might only reflect 50% damage but reduce max health by x amount. I would take that over the same thing over and over.

It's supposed to be funny, it's because those 3 characters all have swords
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Feedback: It sucks. We're back to Grindquest with 40-win global feats for single-squad factions.

Screw Grindquest!
  • Would have liked if we saw different teams. Getting tired of facing Padme, bad batch, DR, Carth, GG, and imp. Troopers. Maybe throw in rebels? Jedi? Bounty hunters more?
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    I have no idea what is up with s4 but it's definitely way harder this time.

GAS with Steadfast Retribution at full power (100% reflected damage + more over time) is insane. On Padmé it's bad enough, but I can use rey and the droids and cheese my way through the first bit until damage immunity, then let the droids go.

But GAS does too much damage to sit around waiting for DI.

And I'm still before the mini-boss and used a full-meta JMK squad against a Maul squad. Maul went first against a speed-modded GL, and nuked GK. There was no possibility of keeping everyone alive in the first half of s4 with a full-meta GL squad.

Seriously? What's up with this? How are they going to make the s5 fights harder than this? This is substantially harder than previous s4s. Substantially.

People can talk all they want about how CG can't make things too easy, but I disagree: LS Geo is getting easier all the time. Why? Because they're not making it harder and our rosters improve. That's the way it is supposed to be in PvE.

I don't mind a challenge. I like a challenge. But I like a challenge I can build toward completing. Maul with Overprepared IV made it impossible to get 3 stars with a meta team, and while I fully understand that there might be another disk combo that might perform better, I will have none of it: that's not the solution until we can freely access any disk we want. So long as RNG can prevent me from completing a synergistic set of disks, then what CG is doing is telling us that luck, not roster building, is the way to defeat the harder enemies in a sector.

This deal is getting worse all the time.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    My 2 cents about conquest:

As long as you can 7-stars conquest characters after 6 runs by getting gold crate and buying 10 shards each time, I am fine with not being able to reach red crate f2p. However I don't like how long players with weaker rosters have to wait to access them.
    Feats of this conquest are mostly ok, but the grind is still a pain. At least I like that the most grindy feats are global. What I don't like is that feats are buggy and descriptions wrong. We are assumed to pay for this game mode (battle pass), not to be beta-testers.
    I don't like that buying that pass does not get you all the rewards, if you can't progress till the end. They should move all shards and omicrons in front of the gold crate and put consumables at the end.
    What I like is that you face characters, that have not be seen elsewhere in the game. This makes conquest interesting because you can dive deeper into the SW universe and get introduced to characters you have never heard of before.
    I would love if they also added nodes where you have to fight with ships. However the star-rating has to be adapted that you may lose some units without losing a star.
    A list of available Datadisks has to be announced before the start of a conquest. Knowing what you could find does influence on what you pick at the beginning. They should also announce what Datadisks where removed.
  • 12thParsec
    195 posts Member
    Is victor feat bugged as well? I’ve used countless non leader teams and I can’t gain the 5 victor feat
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Feedback: It sucks. We're back to Grindquest with 40-win global feats for single-squad factions.

Screw Grindquest!
    Oh look, I have beaten the same squad 28 times now. Only another 52 times to go. Wheeee, isnt this fun!!!

Screw Grindquest!
    hpvtozedncqd.png
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    But it's ENGAGEMENT!

We increased ENGAGEMENT! If you fight 50 battles against the same opponent that's objectively better than fighting 8 battles against the same opponent!
    And don't mention fun. Games aren't supposed to be fun, we're not designing for fun.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member

I think that's a question of 'who' gets through it month after month. I'm approaching 6M and I get through it, though at times not easily and not without making me curse CG for it. Maybe don't make feats impossible outside of whale scope. What is it? 14 wins with inquistor squad? The last toon just dropped last week IIRC. Not enough time for even a moderate spender to get it to 7*.

Overprepared is overused as it's very unimaginative. "What do we do hear? I don't know, lets just pummel the @$% out of them!". That seems how it's used. It's more of a difficulty crutch for them as opposed to useful, strategic, challenging the player, etc. If I have a 550+ speed GL, i shouldn't get the 15th turn after the other side goes 14x first due to 'overprepared' and/or 'massively unrealistic turn meter boost'. I thought the 5 different 1 on 1's was creative. Overprepared seems to be a response to nothing more than slowing people down to make them spend more. Nothing more. And don't give me 'it's a business' line either. If it was good business, quality play would get people across the board to spend and that's not happening right now, is it? And i see more and more posts about those claiming to spend saying they're not til things improve - but that's another matter.

Kinda like GA - they claim skill is what they care about. It doesn't take skill to get through most of this, it takes relics and mods - neither of which have squat to do with skill. No one is saying let a G8 Phoenix squad take down JMK squads. We are saying don't overload the opposition to 20x their normal power but only let us power up to the tune of 3 or 4 times. That's not a challenge, it's not creative, and it's not fun. You're right, too easy makes it no fun. At the same time, overdoing it makes it much less fun than too easy.
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Maybe don't make feats impossible outside of whale scope. What is it? 14 wins with inquistor squad? The last toon just dropped last week IIRC. Not enough time for even a moderate spender to get it to 7*.

This is a perfect illustration of everything that is wrong with the average poster on this forum. Newsflash: people are completing this feat with full 3* squads. Easily. You do not need to whale to complete this feat. Full stop. But rather than reading strategy, or waiting to see, everyone rushes to whine and complain as much and as fast as possible. Take 1/10th of the effort you spend on complaining and instead use it in conquest, and you'll easily get red crate. For free.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Screw Grindquest!
    Oh look, I have beaten the same squad 28 times now. Only another 52 times to go. Wheeee, isnt this fun!!!

Screw Grindquest!
    hpvtozedncqd.png

TB, Raids, all are repetitive gameplay

Every mobile game has repetition in it

If you are bored of fighting the same squad, maybe choose another squad to spice things up? I'm sure the second squad is not as easy to cheese at 20% stamina, but if you are looking for something fresh, battle another team or use a different lineup