Do you R9?

Prev1
MaruMaru
3338 posts Member
I just wanted to see the interest around R9.

Personally I don't r9 out of principle (including piett). I'll do so when the game makes it a requirement somewhere.

Do you R9? 73 votes

Yes
26%
IronCrossWookieWookiechpMINIsolo_77BhaalorHawthornestarplatinumDMG_SWHKFactoryVendi1983SparkyBurnsronniowildnzSaadaHolyDarkbladeBladegunnerEnigmatic_PotatoRagnarok_COTFDonPutoDaveX19 19 votes
No
73%
dogwelder79StarSonKrokovichMasterSeedyMetaslyflux_ronoPhilan81Fergjeezy357Jerubaal001MaruMarupanetoneCarSickShoeTekkarEdorfNova44AusugnPadriachDravhenLordDirtTurasleonBadWolfWill 54 votes

Replies

• Yes
    I have JML & LV and so do my GAC/TW opponents
  • No
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'll do so when the game makes it a requirement somewhere.

So........... you're saying you're disgusted by CG making it optional. However, when it comes less optional....you'll do it.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    No
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'll do so when the game makes it a requirement somewhere.

So........... you're saying you're disgusted by CG making it optional. However, when it comes less optional....you'll do it.

Don't remember saying that. I just don't see the roi when I still have many important things to take to relics. So no, it's not to spite cg (which they won't care for).

When something is a requirement though, it becomes a means to an end. I have no r8 besides requirements either and I have all the gls. Since there is currently no such requirement for r9, I wanted to see how many sees worth it on it's own.
  • Yes
    I dont see that you're going to be able to gather enough information based upon the results of your poll, but good luck with it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    No
    I dont see that you're going to be able to gather enough information based upon the results of your poll, but good luck with it.

The totality of the information exists here:
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/data/relics/

However it won't segment it per player as most whales have numerous r9s, while many players doesn't even have 1.
  • Yes
    Context: F2P, K1, 8.7M GP, 4GLs + SK, year 1 player

So far only Piett, as it's a huge QoL improvement, and has likely won me a significant number of GAC matches. I'm saving two R9s worth of brains currently, as I'm sure the next GLs will require one or more R9s (and they'll likely be B tier units at that).

IMHO F2P can't afford to outside Piett if they ever want to have new GLs, and P2P don't gain enough of an advantage (since they're already likely close to 50/50 vs other whales in the top of K1, so the modicom of difference R9 makes vs R8 is not worth the $99 pack unless you're really just trying to flex or have a compulsive issue where you need to remove red dots.
  • Yes
    Context: F2P, K1, 8.7M GP, 4GLs + SK, year 1 player

IMHO F2P can't afford to outside Piett if they ever want to have new GLs.

I'm also a Nov 2015 ftp player. I havent done Piett yet since my Executor is 5*. I hope to have it 7* after the event runs again this month
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    Yes
    I’d like to, but I simply can’t because I can’t even get materials for relic level 8 yet, let alone level 9.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Yes
    I keep one in the bank just in case, but I've R9'ed (In order), JML, Piett, GK, LV, Bossk, SEE
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    No
    Hoarding R9 materials for future requirements
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    No
    I can't get R9 mats, so no hahaha

But if I could, R9 mats would only go to JML and Malgus rn
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    No
    I've got no choice but to not r9. But I also do not r8, except for requirements so far.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    No
    im saving for later requirments. i only had 1 so far and I used it for JML. now no other GL gets as much help from it so I might as well wait for the next GL that needs it to unlock
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Yes
    I have JML & Piett. Malgus will be my next for sure.
  • No
    It's impossible for me to get the droid brains, even R8 is annoying. I've only taken my 2 GLs to R8
  • LastNeuron
    104 posts Member
    I don't care about R9: they have relegated it only to an elite of guilds, it means that they will play this game among themselves. And just to be exact, it also means a lot of people won't spend a single euro on it...
    Regards
  • Yes
    Yes, but only because JML is transformative at r9. Perhaps I'd have to do Piett if my shard went in on it, but we've all stayed at r8 for the time being.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    No
    Yes, but only because JML is transformative at r9. Perhaps I'd have to do Piett if my shard went in on it, but we've all stayed at r8 for the time being.

Wowzers, my shard got the r9 piett infection foh sure.
  • Yes

No need Piett r9, I am talking from my experience in fleet arena and GAC K1.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    I have enough droid brains. But not enough keypads. And I have other priority spending for 500 furnaces.

The only R9 I'd go for at the moment is JML. I'm currently missing a consistent counter to R9 Rey in GAC. As far as I can see, a R9 JML would offer me more flexibility there. But on the other hand, the chance encountering a R9 Rey is also not that high to make me doing the investment ...
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    No
    Antario wrote: »
    I have enough droid brains. But not enough keypads. And I have other priority spending for 500 furnaces.

THIS ^^^

The cost in G12 mats is just stupid.

I'll probably quit before I pay that cost.

Maybe if they had a crystal cost that wasn't over the top similar to Zinbindles & the R8 Injector thingy over in the shipments store I'd consider it.

But there is no chance in hell that I cash in 500 Furnaces for 1 relic level.
  • Yes
    Antario wrote: »

THIS ^^^

The cost in G12 mats is just stupid.

I'll probably quit before I pay that cost.

Maybe if they had a crystal cost that wasn't over the top similar to Zinbindles & the R8 Injector thingy over in the shipments store I'd consider it.

But there is no chance in hell that I cash in 500 Furnaces for 1 relic level.

Lucky it only costs 260 Furnaces then
  • No

I fight dozens of r9 Executor, and my r8 wins 90% of the time. I prefer going 2nd to be honest
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    R9 for the most part is whale territory (getting plenty of R9 chars) due to the immense cost of g12 stuff to scavenge, the droid brains are not even the problem.

Those relic 9s do indeed make a difference in top end play which is why top end guilds are asking their ppl to get their R9 Piett (not so much for a mirror but rather to be safe from R9 Negos), R9 GK, R9 Fives, KRU+FOST (anti JKR, JKL), etc. besides tve GLs ofc.

For the 'normal' player the only R9 that's really really worth it is JML - inherited teachings goes crazy. All the other R9s would be luxury and I'd rather hold off on them untill the next set(?) of GLs drops because we all know that there'll be one or more chars to R9.
    --> the only exception that I will still need to take a look at is Malgus, his R9 might be a game changer like JML
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • No
    I can't R9. My guild is barely able to qualify for them. Can't ever get enough people to join to qualify for wins.
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    No
    I'm saving 1 gor the next GL requirements. When I save enough for another one, I'll spend it.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    No
    I'm saving 1 gor the next GL requirements. When I save enough for another one, I'll spend it.

I would have 2-4 for the next GL considering how many r8 LV needed
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    No
    flux_rono wrote: »

But LV wasn't the first GL to require r8. We should look at how many r8 were required the first time.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

But LV wasn't the first GL to require r8. We should look at how many r8 were required the first time.

I doubt either is relevant, really.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    No

while I only mentioned LV, kenobi was still a thought as he needed 2, LV needed 4.. so my recommendation od 2-4 accounted for both