Overprepared is Overdone!

Prev1345
Engage
267 posts Member
I remember when every team you would come up against would have a different or unique bonus. Some teams were hard to beat or used strategy to get through.
Now it's like every single team has Overprepared. I go through every single node and all except boss fights have it. What a pointless and lazy way to add rng to every battle without the difficulty of having to figure out a strategy. This forces your team to have to tank entire rounds of stuns and ability blocks all for nothing.
I am stuck in Conquest Normal Sector 2 on one of the regular "easy" nodes. I have no choice to go the other way because it is a single starting node battle. I have burned through 2 full energy refills trying to beat this one team. It's a basic weak and easy to beat Rey team. So not having a chance to take a turn because of overprepared giving them "multiple" free rounds is rather insane.
This isn't fun and there is no strategy involved with conquest any more. Every battle feels like the same thing. Tank a round of damage and then clear tank a round of damage and clear tank a round of damage and clear. Over and over and over again for 95% of battles that are not boss nodes.
It feels like Capital Games doesn't want players to enjoy the event so they have 2 guys hold both your arms as the opposing teams get a free shot on you for every match.

Replies

• Revanfan
    36 posts Member
    Ye it was a waste of time to write this in over an hour.
  • This is the Waterworld of threads.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    I was venting. What would you do if you couldn't get past a really easy team with your strongest team because of bad mechanics?
  • Engage wrote: »
    I was venting. What would you do if you couldn't get past a really easy team with your strongest team because of bad mechanics?

Keep trying or look on YouTube/forum for solutions, not make a rant thread
  • Regardless of whether he is crying or not, he's right. Overprepared is way overused.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »

Keep trying or look on YouTube/forum for solutions, not make a rant thread

Solutions for what exactly? You should know what overprepared does by now. A team that I can beat 100% of every battle and the only difference is overprepared.The entire battle is absolute rng. Either my team is allowed to take their turns in order and easily crush them without any effort or the rng kicks in and I can't even get a single turn. There is no strategy involved. Either you tank the attacks and status effects or your team dies without getting to take a turn. It takes them multiple rounds to kill my team because of how weak they are. It's all status effects and turn meter drain holding my team in place until they are completely wiped. Tenacity is useless in this scenario because it's not 100% effective.
    I'm still in phase 2 where it's early and I don't have all the right mods to deal with what I need to. I did manage to beat them because the rng finally had them hit my tanks instead. But this was after 2 full refreshes of wasted time. When I was finally allowed to take my turns in order I destroyed every one of them in a single round because of how weak their team was against mine. It was so easy I could have put my team on auto. This is exactly the reason why I have written this post.
    Why does every battle need to have the exact same blanket modifier? I used to like it when different teams had different modifiers. Now it's the same thing for every battle and it's super lazy because no thought was put into it.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Maybe post your .GG roster link and a screenshot of the team you're having trouble beating - if this forum is good at anything (other than complaining and arguing), it's theory crafting solutions to challenges based on arbitrary constraints.

Edit: of course you're right about overpreppared being lazy design that is overused to create a 'stat check' instead of an actual puzzle, but CG has shown complete indifference to the hundreds of comments about how terrible it is and how is the enemies can have 300% buffed (and hidden) stats we should at least get entrenched back.... I digress. Complaining will get you nothing,b in the here and now but inviting others to help you can get you though this bottleneck and on to better rewards and actually being able to engage with the game mode again.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »
    If you cannot outspeed them then you use a countering squad - GAS or CLS - to send damage back at them and use disks which amplify that damage.
  • Overprepared is CG being overly lazy. We know it and CG knows it. CG just doesn't care anymore. But if you send CLS in w/Raid Han and stun JTR that should help you alot in getting through that node. also take out poe or finn right after her.
  • Whatelse73
    2149 posts Member
    Because CG only knows how to turn it up to 45, or down to -5. They don't want to hire someone who knows how to balance anything because that would make it less aggravating for players.

Look at LS Geo TB, it was "tuned" almost three years ago, before we had Relic 8 or 9. Even now this TB Relic 8 and 9 characters are getting ONE SHOT by the stupid OP garbage on defense, even in wave 1 that happens. It's excessive garbage, but they aren't going to change that or anything else they make too difficult.

Granted, if it's too easy for players, or if players find a way to beat JMK, they'll tweak the AI and even work overtime to get it working "correctly". "Oh no! Players are beating this event too easily, OT for the weekend is approved. Tweak or fix it ASAP!"
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Overprepared is CG being overly lazy. We know it and CG knows it. CG just doesn't care anymore. But if you send CLS in w/Raid Han and stun JTR that should help you alot in getting through that node. also take out poe or finn right after her.

I tried exactly that except the stun only works for 1 round and they get multiple rounds to wreck my team after they stun and ability block everyone I have.
    I eventually beat them using the basic JKR team with Kenobi tanking most of the blows. This is entirely rng based and no skill.
    Speed is not an issue here. It's being forced to wait an entire round even if every character on my team is faster. Which I know they would be faster against the same lineup in any other situation.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Regardless of whether he is crying or not, he's right. Overprepared is way overused.

Overprepared is good
  • Zaph0dd
    181 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Regardless of whether he is crying or not, he's right. Overprepared is way overused.

Overprepared is good

Im struggling to find anyone else defend this terrible conquest feature, why do you think its so good when the huge majority disagree ?
  • Engage
    267 posts Member

Overprepared is good

Good for what exactly? It's the only modifier I see on every single battle. Do you even play the game? If you knew how it works you would know that it doesn't add any difficulty to the battle whatsoever. There is no added challenge in the form of strategy. It forces the outcome to be rng and tanking a full round before you're allowed to play.
    How is that supposed to be inclusive to thousands of players who play this game? I see people with GLs complaining about it because even a GL team has to deal with the same exact problem of being wiped out before ever getting to take their first turn. There is nothing fair or fun about it.
    I am still playing the event on Normal and I have never ever had this much trouble trying to beat the easiest of battles. Battles that are supposed to be basic runthroughs or minor challenges until you reach the boss. The entire point of Conquest was to test your roster and it's abilities. I remember having to actually work towards winning battles by swapping mods and changing my teams around for different battles. Now all of that has been pushed into the backburner for the whole event. All I have left to get me through is my best team and waiting until their stats have almost fully regenerated for each battle.
    I used to like the variety of mods when the event first came out. Now all of them have been removed and replaced with overprepared. I could screenshot the modifiers for every battle and it's the same exact single mod for nearly all of them.
    Did I forget to mention exactly how much fun this isn't? It's like a slap in the face from CG because they lied to us about the reason why this event exists in the first place. I've seen it mentioned in multiple announcements and replied from mods on these forums. Players don't forget about these things. Stop punishing us because the development team is too lazy to actually make a balanced challenge that the majority of people could be happy with. What is the point of playing a game if all it does is give the players stress and anger?
    You never listen to the playerbase or to our feedback about anything. Every single event has been oops we broke something or oops we left that part out or oops we forgot to mention that specific thing that everyone is struggling with. What's even worse is that we rarely ever see it get officially acknowledged. It's always radio silence from the people who announce updates or changes to the game.
  • Miketo28
    204 posts Member
    I agree. It used to be my GL's would be out sped in sector five. It is already happening in sector 3. Beyond ridiculous.
    JTR resistance just wiped out my JML squad before I got a turn. How is that freaking possible? Overprepared somehow takes a too with 350 speed at most and gets it faster then a 582 speed GL? Is it 100% boost?
    Conquest is a grind as it is, it doesn't need to be a falsely advertised stat boost too.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2022

Overprepared is good

Overprepared is good for CG to make money. It's not a coincidence that most overprepared teams can only be outsped by (well-modded) GLs :wink:
  • If they removed Overprepared, they would just increase their stats in a way we can't see or plan for.

At least overprepared gives you an idea of how much faster they are.
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    Zaph0dd wrote: »

Overprepared is good

Im struggling to find anyone else defend this terrible conquest feature, why do you think its so good when the huge majority disagree ?

If he complains, he loses his mod status

Can't afford it!
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    If they removed Overprepared, they would just increase their stats in a way we can't see or plan for.

They alredy increase the stats in a way we can't plan lol

See that little statement at the start of each sector?

Bonus stats from X% to X%? Yeah, add that up to the "Overprepared" and that's why they're so freaking OP

By the end of sector 5, a NS team will have 90% stat bonus + Overprepared IV (170% extra stats, yaaaay fun!)
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    I agree. It used to be my GL's would be out sped in sector five. It is already happening in sector 3. Beyond ridiculous.
    JTR resistance just wiped out my JML squad before I got a turn. How is that freaking possible? Overprepared somehow takes a too with 350 speed at most and gets it faster then a 582 speed GL? Is it 100% boost?
    Conquest is a grind as it is, it doesn't need to be a falsely advertised stat boost too.

Don't forget the sector boost. Each sector has a range of stat boosts that increase as you go along the sector. That is added to teams with overprepared as well.

Also, to the OP, overprepared is not on every node. I don't even look for it most of the time, but looking back at my sector 1, all hard path, there were 12 overprepared, 8 not. Some of the same team had it on one node, but not another.

If it makes a difference to your teams, you need to look off the hard path and select teams you can beat, either due to overprepared not being there, or being a different team comp.

Conquest is not about trying to outspeed the enemy. You can't. Use teams with an interrupt like bando or JKA getting a turn when someone drops below a health threshold, Han or Wat going first, a pre-taunt that can handle it, teams with revive, disks that make the enemies kill themselves, a team member that gets tm from enemy actions. There are many options.

Don't just use your "strongest team" because the strongest team is different depending on the enemy team, modifiers, and what disks you have.
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    I don't love overprepared. But it does make scrubs cry. Which makes me laugh. So I guess that means I like it?
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    If they removed Overprepared, they would just increase their stats in a way we can't see or plan for.

They alredy increase the stats in a way we can't plan lol

See that little statement at the start of each sector?

Bonus stats from X% to X%? Yeah, add that up to the "Overprepared" and that's why they're so freaking OP

By the end of sector 5, a NS team will have 90% stat bonus + Overprepared IV (170% extra stats, yaaaay fun!)

You can plan for it though.

The sector bonus stat boost increases as you progress. It is not random.

It's why it's usually best to farm feats as early in the sector as possible.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited May 2022

Overprepared is good

Good for what? Good for upsetting players? Good for ruining fun in conquest? Good for making people spend more crystals, because you don't know speed values and have fail attempts?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    zatho wrote: »

Overprepared is good

Good for what? Good for upsetting players? Good for ruining fun in conquest? Good for making people spend more crystals, because you don't know speed values and have fail attempts?

Good for the challenge

If you are being upset, or unable to win, it means your characters are at low gear or you aren't using the right data disks
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited May 2022

Overprepared is good

Good for the challenge

If you are being upset, or unable to win, it means your characters are at low gear or you aren't using the right data disks

Having Characters at high gear is no challenge. It is a matter of time or money. I agree that with the right roster it is manageable. I also got many red crates in past conquests.
    However I don't like that you have to avoid certain teams to get the feats done. If I have to defeat these teams with a meta-Team and repeat another battle to progress in a feat, that is no challenge but additional grind. IMHO the challenge should be tied to the boss nodes.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Overprepared is good

Good for the challenge

Lol good for the challenge. interesting wording then is no challenge coz you don't have a chance to make move in 90% of fights.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

Overprepared is good

Good for the challenge

Having Characters at high gear is no challenge. It is a matter of time or money.
    So what are you suggesting,

Gear 8 toons should be able to beat teams in Conquest?

Fortunately there is Conquest Easy and Conquest Normal if you don't like high gear
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

Overprepared is good

Good for the challenge

Lol good for the challenge. interesting wording then is no challenge coz you don't have a chance to make move in 90% of fights.

I've seen videos of people winning with under 20% stamina
  • zatho
    747 posts Member

Overprepared is good

Good for the challenge

Having Characters at high gear is no challenge. It is a matter of time or money.
    So what are you suggesting,

Gear 8 toons should be able to beat teams in Conquest?

Fortunately there is Conquest Easy and Conquest Normal if you don't like high gear

I quote myself from another thread:
    I wonder how it would be with no overprepared, but stamina only to regenerate 1% per 60 Minutes. Then you could use more teams to fight but also need more teams because you run out of stamina more dramatically