Next Galactic Legend(s)

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    The only time I thought Leia's character was cool was when she was disguised as Boushh. Once we found out it was her and not the real bounty hunter I lost interest in her again.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    Durandal wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Revanfan wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    GL Revan > GL Leia

Yeah right. What % of Star Wars fans know him or half his requirements? Most fans just know the movies and shows like Mandalorian. It would be great for KOTOR fans but it a big let down if we miss out on OT GLs for a vast majority of fans.

I don't know a single person who likes Leia.

Revan? Well, like 25% of my friends know him, and who knows, likes.

A % people who likes Leia > People who likes SLKR/Rey, and....they are there.

Is thaf your personal experience?

For me, Leia is a boring, useless, whiny filler.

Pretty much exactly like Rey.

SLKR however, is one of the most complex, best written characters in the entire SW franchise.
    His redemption arc is close to Vader's.

th703iahe94x.jpg
    mbt2arz5ttms.jpg
    969ma3ibxstd.jpg

Yes, a random gaming article that (I don’t even know how they’re ranking them) is definitely concrete proof that Rey & Kylo bad.

Y’all sequel haters are sum else ngl

I can pop some Pool about It.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Kylo Ren is one of the best SW characters, IMO.

That list just proves that a lot of people will always hold the OT characters above all others no matter what.

Ever.

Oh dear god I hope this is all sarcasm.. the sequel trilogy are the worst SW movies of all time! Kylo is a horribly written character.. what is worse is the actor to play the role..
    the reason why people hold OT characters over others IS because they are better written. Story telling back then was so much better than what you see today.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Kripty wrote: »
    GL Revan > GL Leia

Yeah right. What % of Star Wars fans know him or half his requirements? Most fans just know the movies and shows like Mandalorian. It would be great for KOTOR fans but it a big let down if we miss out on OT GLs for a vast majority of fans.

SLKR however, is one of the most complex, best written characters in the entire SW franchise.

th703iahe94x.jpg
    mbt2arz5ttms.jpg
    969ma3ibxstd.jpg

Yes, a random gaming article that (I don’t even know how they’re ranking them) is definitely concrete proof that Rey & Kylo bad.

I can pop some Pool about It.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Kylo Ren is one of the best SW characters, IMO.

That list just proves that a lot of people will always hold the OT characters above all others no matter what.

Ever.

Oh dear god I hope this is all sarcasm.. the sequel trilogy are the worst SW movies of all time! Kylo is a horribly written character.. what is worse is the actor to play the role..
    the reason why people hold OT characters over others IS because they are better written. Story telling back then was so much better than what you see today.

You are seeing it with your younger eyes. OT would not hold up today at all if they were new. Acting is bad and so is the dialogue.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    Oh please, the sequels had so much cringeworthy acting I had to leave the cinemas during the film. With OT actors you felt that almost every character had a back story, and you wanted to know that story.. what’s even better is they the directing didn’t follow those story’s but it let your mind wonder to imagine it.

Star Wars movies and TV shows these days of one main purpose, merchandising. More thought goes into that, than things like costume design.. I mean why else would Rey be in the same clothes throughout all three movies.

• IronCross
    934 posts Member
    Kripty wrote: »
    Oh please, the sequels had so much cringeworthy acting I had to leave the cinemas during the film. With OT actors you felt that almost every character had a back story, and you wanted to know that story.. what’s even better is they the directing didn’t follow those story’s but it let your mind wonder to imagine it.

Star Wars movies and TV shows these days of one main purpose, merchandising. More thought goes into that, than things like costume design.. I mean why else would Rey be in the same clothes throughout all three movies.

I thought the merchandising was for when Spaceballs was created.
  • This thread I think merged with another one. Not quite sure but ignoring the constant fighting about which era is better.

I think the next GL will be OG, Swtor, or OR related. So far the 6 we have are all from movies.

SLKR and Rey (sequels)
    JML and SEE (sequels)
    JMK and LV Rots (prequels)

The OG would be a candidate and their some that could work, Leia could be a GL but I only scenes she really fights with be with Jaba or on Endor. Imo CG don't have much to work with when it comes to her abilities. The next from OG could be Jaba as well but... I just don't think so. I'm starting to think Swotor or OR now with the release of Malgus. They have alot of toons to work and if you dont know the story, go YouTube or Wookiepedia. Geetsly, star wars theory, many channels that have done content.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    GL Revan > GL Leia

th703iahe94x.jpg
    mbt2arz5ttms.jpg
    969ma3ibxstd.jpg

Nothing like burying your head in the sand and living in denial when something is contrary to your opinion.
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    GL Revan > GL Leia

th703iahe94x.jpg
    mbt2arz5ttms.jpg
    969ma3ibxstd.jpg

Nothing like burying your head in the sand and living in denial when something is contrary to your opinion.

Thanx. You help me to save some words away.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    GL Revan > GL Leia

th703iahe94x.jpg
    mbt2arz5ttms.jpg
    969ma3ibxstd.jpg

Yes, as if any adamant Star Wars fan has ever genuinely considered that someone else’s opinion might be valid. I hope we get there someday, but for now, why waste time trashing each other’s favorite characters? They all exist, so enjoy what you enjoy.

(Hypocrite time) As for more GLs, no more sequel trilogy characters please. We’ve had enough. I think Leia would be a great option aside from the fact that she didn’t really achieve Legendary status until the sequel trilogy. I can’t see any other version of Leia warranting a GL unfortunately.

Personally, I suggest that CG continues to pull from the massive well of content from SWTOR and KOTOR. It’d be nice to have an OR/OR Jedi GL and a Sith Empire GL.
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    imvj39hebj66.jpeg
    Next GL.
    Do It or Fail dear CG.
  • What a lively thread!

I think a Leia GL would be interesting, but you would need a good DS counter to her, and I don't see a good candidate that meets that mark yet.

Personal preference here, if they did Revan GL's or anything else OR related, I am far more likely to spend/push to go that route than the Leia option. Again, just personal preference.
  • What a lively thread!

I think a Leia GL would be interesting, but you would need a good DS counter to her, and I don't see a good candidate that meets that mark yet.

Personal preference here, if they did Revan GL's or anything else OR related, I am far more likely to spend/push to go that route than the Leia option. Again, just personal preference.

That’s what it’s all about here is personal preference. The KOTOR fans definitely will spend but that definitely hurts with those that don’t care about that era or have any interest in it. They are just not as well know to the general Star Wars audience. Not sure how many people played the game or got into that era but it’s a small percentage compared to the overall SW population. Whoever said Revan is a top 5 Jedi needs there head examined. If you take a poll of most famous Jedi, they would all come from the prequels, Rebels series or Original Trilogy plus Rey as top 10.

KOTOR or SE era - Conquest characters fine, legendary is good too but a far cry from being a GL. If they have to explain who they are then they aren’t a Galactic Legend.
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    Even i prefer Leia as a New GL, the next one must be Revan/Vitiate.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Pretty much bet on Leia not being the next GL.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    writing on the wall points to them not releasing any new GLs anytime soon
    it's been awhile since the last statement of "not anytime soon". I'd say releasing Ravager at August and Revan or Vitiate at ... October/November feels quite like what devs could do.
    Well, we could have a hutt like Jabba as well, though.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Do It or Fail dear CG.
    you do know fandom is divided by that trilogy, right? So it'll make 2/3 of regular profits at best. Plus this version is less GL then Endor Leia(who is actually a Rebel).
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    KOTOR or SE era - Conquest characters fine, legendary is good too but a far cry from being a GL. If they have to explain who they are then they aren’t a Galactic Legend.
    What?
    Vitiate is the second Strongest Sith in all Expanded Universe history(after Marka Ragnos). And Revan is the first force user of DS and LS since ancient era of Rakata. And the only one currently known. If you don't know Old Republic era, so what, it makes the characters there non-GL material? Whole 7-9 episodes are trash that should not exist but we have kylo rey as gls and some old geezers one step from death instead of Mandalorian's Luke and Iamthesenate Palpatine
  • GL Leia, her ultimate "Diplomatic mission" and GL Tarkin with an inquisitor droid, his ultimate "Name the system".
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    Devian wrote: »
    What?
    Vitiate is the second Strongest Sith in all Expanded Universe history(after Marka Ragnos). And Revan is the first force user of DS and LS since ancient era of Rakata. And the only one currently known. If you don't know Old Republic era, so what, it makes the characters there non-GL material? Whole 7-9 episodes are trash that should not exist but we have kylo rey as gls and some old geezers one step from death instead of Mandalorian's Luke and Iamthesenate Palpatine

And yet they do and are canon. But I do agree we should have had a different version of Palp and Luke as GLs, Vader as well.
  • IMO Leia isn’t GL worthy, Saw Gerrera on the other hand 🤷‍♂️
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    We should have Mary Poppins Leia or Gold Bikini Leia along with Jabba The Hutt as a GL pair and then Revan along with Vitiate as the other pair in the near future. I have spoken.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    What?

And yet they do and are canon. But I do agree we should have had a different version of Palp and Luke as GLs, Vader as well.
    And this is a collection game where canon doesn't really matter, but only the characters that represents whole SW universe. Even if devs decide to add Legends GL Thrawn it would be justified as to who he was originally, and how he influenced Galaxy
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    What?

And this is a collection game where canon doesn't really matter, but only the characters that represents whole SW universe. Even if devs decide to add Legends GL Thrawn it would be justified as to who he was originally, and how he influenced Galaxy

Thrawn is canon. Or are you meaning a legends version (whatever that would mean)?
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Or are you meaning a legends version (whatever that would mean)?
    yes, Thrawn from Legends(original character that gathered remnants of the Empire under his rule)

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    yes, Thrawn from Legends(original character that gathered remnants of the Empire under his rule)

Well, now they're making characters up so anything is possible. Guess SW universe is too small for them to find anything there.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member

Well, now they're making characters up so anything is possible. Guess SW universe is too small for them to find anything there.

Guess they can’t think of any characters that they haven’t used. General Kalani would have been nice instead of the trash they came up with.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited May 2022

Similar character in SW called Scorpio, dont know why they didnt name it that.
    1d8uoq8egd6a.png
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    This character is not impossible. There were hundreds of Gemini droids and when they break free "thanks" to Scorpio, some droid like Sortie could end up at Nar Shaddaa, gambling.
    Pity it's not Scorpio or actual model of Gemini Prime (though they can be both conquest characters), but there is nothing bad with this particular one. Despite me wanting actual Scorpio
  • Just want to take a shot and say this guy might be our next GL based off the content we're getting but I could be totally wrong

tshj795k62eh.jpg
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Just want to take a shot and say this guy might be our next GL based off the content we're getting but I could be totally wrong

tshj795k62eh.jpg

What makes you think next GL will be a star wars character?