CAT shards

DaveX19
17 posts Member
edited May 2022
Why is CAT still 475 conquest currency for 5 shards when Razor Crest is 400? Razor was 400 last conquest so shouldn’t CAT be 400 too in this one? She’s suppose to be cheaper and easier to get now that she’s out of the boxes, just like Razor crest was last 3 conquests…
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• I can suspect CG answer: The 400 CC was a bug. It should be 475 then 400.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    papaofmom wrote: »
    I can suspect CG answer: The 400 CC was a bug. It should be 475 then 400.

Nope not a bug.
    izf3zw3g1r4b.jpg

Step 1 has the price reduction, step 2(where she is right now) no more reduction.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Nope not a bug.
    izf3zw3g1r4b.jpg

Step 1 has the price reduction, step 2(where she is right now) no more reduction.

Why is Razor Crest cheaper than CAT then? They should be at the same price since they’re both after step 1 now considering what you mentioned.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DaveX19 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Nope not a bug.
    izf3zw3g1r4b.jpg

Why is Razor Crest cheaper than CAT then? They should be at the same price since they’re both after step 1 now considering what you mentioned.

RC was not part of the full release process, it has always had some differences from.this cadence which was set with CAT and has been followed since.
  • DaveX19
    17 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Is it mentioned somewhere on the forums? I was under the impression that the Razor Crest was the 1st conquest unit and that every other conquest units were suppose to follow the same path, which is clearly not the case. 400 vs 475 is a huge difference for 5 shards, makes it way harder for players who didn’t already unlocked CAT. Since we didn’t have a conquest pass in the past, it seems like CAT will be the hardest conquest unit to unlock! Weird because she’s an important part of what’s probably the best team in the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is it mentioned somewhere on the forums? I was under the impression that the Razor Crest was the 1st conquest unit and that every other conquest units were suppose to follow the same path, which is clearly not the case. 400 vs 475 is a huge difference for 5 shards, makes it way harder for players who didn’t already unlocked CAT. Since we didn’t have a conquest pass in the past, it seems like CAT will be the hardest conquest unit to unlock! Weird because she’s an important part of what’s probably the best team in the game.

Correct RC was the first Conquest character. This cadence was started after the ship was already in the game mode. The ship was never set up to follow this, as all its numbers were different.

CAT was the easiest unit to unlock, as the game mode was much easier and could be done for free when she was in the rewards for the event.

Correct RC was the first Conquest character. This cadence was started after the ship was already in the game mode. The ship was never set up to follow this, as all its numbers were different.

CAT was the easiest unit to unlock, as the game mode was much easier and could be done for free when she was in the rewards for the event.

Ahh I just made a post asking where she was available. Step 2 just seems so detrimental if you didn’t acquire in step 1. And expensive.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dkfusion wrote: »

Ahh I just made a post asking where she was available. Step 2 just seems so detrimental if you didn’t acquire in step 1. And expensive.

Yes rewarding early adopters and veteran players can feel like that from the other side of the coin. This is an incentive to keep people wanting to stay ahead of the curve, and a benefit for those who make the moves necessary to get things "early".

I have to disagree with you here. Maybe the conquests to get CAT were easier than the new ones, but for someone who was under 4M GP during those conquests, we now have way less ways to get her than other conquest units. It’s more expensive than Razor Crest and there was no conquest pass to get extra shards either, which makes Maul and Boba and every other conquest units easier to unlock.

I know you like to focus on old players or whales, but there is a good chunk of players that don’t fit in either categories and still want to be able to unlock what’s probably the best toon to go with JMK who’s arguably the best GL in the game. It’s things like this that makes it impossible for newer players to ever catch-up. I’m not asking for freebies, but I honestly don’t see why she has to cost 475 again when Razor crest cost 400. I’m 45 shards away so I guess I’ll be fine, but I know plenty or great players who are under 4M and are 100-200 shards away from getting her and they won’t be able to.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I have to disagree with you here. Maybe the conquests to get CAT were easier than the new ones, but for someone who was under 4M GP during those conquests, we now have way less ways to get her than other conquest units. It’s more expensive than Razor Crest and there was no conquest pass to get extra shards either, which makes Maul and Boba and every other conquest units easier to unlock.

I know you like to focus on old players or whales, but there is a good chunk of players that don’t fit in either categories and still want to be able to unlock what’s probably the best toon to go with JMK who’s arguably the best GL in the game. It’s things like this that makes it impossible for newer players to ever catch-up. I’m not asking for freebies, but I honestly don’t see why she has to cost 475 again when Razor crest cost 400. I’m 45 shards away so I guess I’ll be fine, but I know plenty or great players who are under 4M and are 100-200 shards away from getting her and they won’t be able to.

I dont like to focus on anything, I am a player and volunteer here, not a dev.

They have made a bunch of changes to shard drops, the gear economy, add events to reward investment in factions, and other changes. These changes all benefit a wide range of players and allow new players to grow faster and earn more than many older players had in the same GP/development range.

I understand where you are coming from, and yes players in the early/mid range will always have a harder time unlocking end game stuff. Planning and focus will help you get yo a point where things like that will get easier to obtain.

New players dont need to "catch up", you are playing in your own "local groups" that out you against players in similar areas of development. Unless you are putting your self into a situation where your guild is a little further along than you are.

They will be able to over time, when she hits the last stage of release.
  • Can I get some clarification, I'm still new and a little confused.

I'm still working on RC and have been looking for it in Conquest store, but since C10 started, it hasn't appeared in Conquest store. Additionally, according to Stage 2, shouldn't RC and CAT both appear in Conquest store for currency? I've only seen CAT appearing for 600 crystals. Is there a bug preventing RC and CAT from being available for currency, or am I just incredibly unlucky and not getting the currency option?
    1c1280x6vusk.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Can I get some clarification, I'm still new and a little confused.

I'm still working on RC and have been looking for it in Conquest store, but since C10 started, it hasn't appeared in Conquest store. Additionally, according to Stage 2, shouldn't RC and CAT both appear in Conquest store for currency? I've only seen CAT appearing for 600 crystals. Is there a bug preventing RC and CAT from being available for currency, or am I just incredibly unlucky and not getting the currency option?
    1c1280x6vusk.jpg

It should be on a rotation in that spot.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Can I get some clarification, I'm still new and a little confused.

1c1280x6vusk.jpg

I have seen CAT for both crystals and conquest currency, though crystals show up much more frequently so far. As far as RC, I've only seen it for crystals iirc. Can't be absolutely certain as I'm not farming RC atm, but pretty sure it has been crystals only.
  • Hm, ok. I'll keep an eye on it. Thank you guys!

I have not seen a single CAT or RC for conquest currency in that shop yet. But I’ve seen both for crystals. 600 crystals for 5 shards! I’ll let you know if I see any, I know it won’t affect your account, but we’ll know they actually exist 😂
  • Ok, update: So RC and CAT showed up for currency. I guess the occurrence rate is just really low.

0s9uviweyx5j.jpg

I’ve been getting loads of RC shard options, though I’m not going for him
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Will she be more accessible any time soon? Right now there’s only a chance for her to show up in shop and 5 shards cost 600 crystals
  • Awesome87 wrote: »
    Will she be more accessible any time soon? Right now there’s only a chance for her to show up in shop and 5 shards cost 600 crystals

I assume we might get a SOTG post this week that's gonna address a few things including the next conquest char, the gear update and the way how the very old conquest exclusives are gonna be farmable.
    They initially said that conquest exclusives will be more accessible approximately 1 year after their release. Razor Crest is soon gonna hit that mark (released Feb 2021) and we'll see how it becomes more accessible. The same thing is gonna happen to CAT then a few months later (released May 2021).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • DaveX19 wrote: »

CAT alone makes the Padme team you already have able to counter 3 GLs with relatively good consistency. Now you know why CG doesn't want to make her easy for people to get.
  • I'm surprised to see no one has yet brought up and questioned the CAT shards vanquishing from the current Conquest's stores and Merchants. Did I miss any news? I don't see any other way to get now CAT shards.
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    I'm surprised to see no one has yet brought up and questioned the CAT shards vanquishing from the current Conquest's stores and Merchants. Did I miss any news? I don't see any other way to get now CAT shards.

Just about 4 or 5 tiny threads but no official news from CG.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I'm surprised to see no one has yet brought up and questioned the CAT shards vanquishing from the current Conquest's stores and Merchants. Did I miss any news? I don't see any other way to get now CAT shards.

It's been noticed. We are waiting for "proving grounds" which will be the next source.... anytime now...
  • The Proving Grounds event post was pretty clear she was removed from Conquest so I'm not sure why there's so much confusion.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    The Proving Grounds event post was pretty clear she was removed from Conquest so I'm not sure why there's so much confusion.

It didn't reference conquest STORE, hence the reasonable confusion.
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    The Proving Grounds event post was pretty clear she was removed from Conquest so I'm not sure why there's so much confusion.

People get confused with a lack of information and when things are treated differently.

They were very concerned to keep access to RC but apparently have not extended the same concern for CAT. RC has been out longer and there are still 3 ways to collect shards at the moment. If they did not want to move CAT to other locations, PG could have been ready or they could of left her in conquest store until it was.

I am saving up my crystal rewards I was using in conquest store, just hoping it works out same or better value.

I still think it looks clumsy. I felt silly having spent a week checking back when it was not in the rotation and clearly people are still only figuring it out. It was not mentioned in the update notes so of course people have checked in guilds, forum and reddit. Possibly thinking they had bad RNG - I went 2 weeks in the past without CAT showing up whilst she was still in rotation.

And if there was better communication to say shards are disappearing for 2-4 weeks but give details of refreshes I doubt people would be too worried as they could just plan ahead and save up crystals for refreshes instead.
  • Reights
    13 posts Member
    edited May 2022

Thank goodness this applies to everyone!
  • CirdanTS
    39 posts Member

What Rius said. They said that both CAT and RC would be in the proving grounds. They removed CAT from the conquest store and not RC...
  • Cat is in the weekly shipments this week. Might be enough to get some people across the line
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    Cat is in the weekly shipments this week. Might be enough to get some people across the line

Thanks, very helpful I don’t always check there.

This discussion has been closed.