Kit Reveal: 50R-T

Replies

• Devian wrote: »
    WHY not Scorpio? Scorpio had bigger influence on OR then unknown character :o

Yeah. It would have made more sense to add Scorpio. Or heck. HK-51 even lol. But I would have preferred Scorpio. One of the few characters that I did like from SWToR.
  • I would've liked to have HK-50 instead.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I'm confused. Are there no existing droids in the entire Star Wars universe that could fit the slot? The only logical explanation I can see is that it's a sneak preview of some new SWTOR content and they want to have her farmable before the next batch of conquests.
    Also, prepare for a lot of instakills. As if conquest wasn't annoying enough already...
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Nauros wrote: »
    I'm confused. Are there no existing droids in the entire Star Wars universe that could fit the slot?
    Droid that utilizes exactly droids? Only Gemini droids(same as Scorpio or Sortie). And Tactical Separatist droid.

• Personnally I find that character quite cool. The idea of making their own character, well, that can be cool from a game mechanic aspect. I mean, it would be weird to take a already existent droid with these abilities if that doesn't make sense
  • Very creative - love this!! The design looks amazing!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Unexpected. Wonder if they’re saving Satele Shan for a future Conquest reward.

yh im guessing satele conquest

Vitiate DS GL
    Hero of Tython LS GL
  • Vendraen
    90 posts Member
    My Droids exclusive project is much excite

Ha, you're still around? Awesome!
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    I like it. I want this character.
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    i’m glad CG finally have an OG character - cool they went with a droid

I thought they already did that once before with Geonosian Brood Alpha?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    gain Spare Parts until the end of battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. At the start of battle, if all allies are Droids, 50R-T gains 30% Max Health and 40 Speed.

Spare Parts: ... if this character is defeated, they are revived with 100% Health, ... and dispel this buff from all allies; this revive can't be prevented

It says Spare Parts cannot be dispelled and then later on it dispels Spare Parts

I think the proper wording here is to "remove this buff"

@CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • I really like the idea behind this character and the new team it potentially creates, but the ability animations on so many new characters over the past year just feel so meh and vanilla and land with a thud. Part of being excited to farm a character is you enjoy using their abilities (because they're cool to watch!), and I feel like CG has lost a step on consistently creating fresh new animations that are fun and enjoyable to see.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Hope she save this guy with T3M4

h6gc2ydp8pxh.jpg
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Unexpected. Wonder if they’re saving Satele Shan for a future Conquest reward.

yh im guessing satele conquest

Vitiate DS GL
    Hero of Tython LS GL

Warren Sedoru inst too pop as Revan or Mestra Surik, or even powerful as they are.
  • vegoman
    48 posts Member
    So glad we have this new character that requires a PHD to understand the kit, but I still am missing around 700 crystals from GAC and haven't been earning prestige for all my wins, and also the Sion Nihulus feat doesn't count properly. Yay.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    When you get the opportunity to create a Star Wars character, you just do it. If you really want to blame someone, blame the guy who gave them the green light.

One thing puzzles me though: why on earth is it called "Exit" (sortie) ?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Starslayer wrote: »
    When you get the opportunity to create a Star Wars character, you just do it. If you really want to blame someone, blame the guy who gave them the green light.

Sortie can mean an attack (from a base or hiding spot, such as a bomber mission launched from a carrier).

Still not sure how it's relevant, but that was my first thought.

Edit: I looked it up, and the 2 meaning are related. From the same french/Latin words meaning "exit" (the base or stronghold) or "rise up" to attack.

The more we know...
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Your name is puzzling, too. Is it a layer of stars, or a slayer of a star?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    zatho wrote: »

I assume the avi is Starslayer from the comics. Slayer of stars I guess would make more sense.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    First they make up the Echelon, and now this droid?
    Are they sure that every 'real' fan favorite hero is already in the game?!

(I like the conquest omi btw, it just could have been put on someone that I actually care about.)

First they made up Geo Brood Alpha
    Tie Echelon was created for Galaxy's Edge, CG did not create it
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ngladden wrote: »
    I am not even going to take my free shards for this character. The decision to make a new character instead of using any of the MANY characters we do not have yet seems tone deaf. I personally do not even feel like this type of droid fits in the SW universe (I know it is in kotor) and I am so happy that it is not canon.

Give it time.

"An ancient Sith Lord named Revan was reestablished in the current Star Wars canon with a mention in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, a 2019 reference book written by Lucasfilm Story Group member Pablo Hidalgo."

Its coming, and then disney plus will likely show you a form of this droid when it does
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I assume the avi is Starslayer from the comics. Slayer of stars I guess would make more sense.

[sharing time]
    My name is from a character I played in a pen n paper Star Wars campaign. I was looking for an over-the-top name that my 14 years old me would carry proudly and my 18 years old me would be ashamed of. I found that "Starkiller" from the video game would deliver, but it was taken and I wanted to push it even further: Starslayer it was then. Also, I love Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Best show on TV ever (that was the game I was waiting for CG, not another LOTR game. Shame on you !). I had no idea Starslayer was also the name of a comic book hero. The avatar, Cobra (from the manga/anime Cobra), was also an inspiration for the character. [/sharing time]

I didn't know about the military use in english of this french word. What do you know. Still when I learn about a droid named "Sortie", I picture it in a lobby showing people the way out. Or maybe a party planner ("sortie" could mean going out to a bar or something).
  • zatho
    747 posts Member

[sharing time]
    My name is from a character I played in a pen n paper Star Wars campaign. I was looking for an over-the-top name that my 14 years old me would carry proudly and my 18 years old me would be ashamed of. I found that "Starkiller" from the video game would deliver, but it was taken and I wanted to push it even further: Starslayer it was then. Also, I love Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Best show on TV ever (that was the game I was waiting for CG, not another LOTR game. Shame on you !). I had no idea Starslayer was also the name of a comic book hero. The avatar, Cobra (from the manga/anime Cobra), was also an inspiration for the character. [/sharing time]

I didn't know about the military use in english of this french word. What do you know. Still when I learn about a droid named "Sortie", I picture it in a lobby showing people the way out. Or maybe a party planner ("sortie" could mean going out to a bar or something).

Nice story^^
    To me the name reminds me of sorting things. I picture a droid that is tidying stuff up
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I dont mind that created their own character, however it is pretty underwhelming. Needed to copy MSF's Kestrel model.

Well actually in the name it's a singular star. The plural form of Star is stars. So the poster only lslayed 1 star.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    sorry if this was already asked, but it says the revive cant be prevented so what happens if dark trooper dies,, does he still come back but at like 1 stack? does he not?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    I dont mind that created their own character, however it is pretty underwhelming. Needed to copy MSF's Kestrel model.

Well actually in the name it's a singular star. The plural form of Star is stars. So the poster only lslayed 1 star.

So star wars is 1 star fighting itself?