Vulture droid

Prev1
Thufir
18 posts Member
So what’s going on with that. Assists on enemies with buzz droids is random nowadays. Did something change?

Replies

• zatho
    747 posts Member
    Thufir wrote: »
    So what’s going on with that. Assists on enemies with buzz droids is random nowadays. Did something change?

Summoned droids always had only a chance (I think it was 70%) to assist. Unfortunately you can read that text only if you check the Unique of a summoned unit in battle.
    However there are bugs and they almost never assisted recently. There are also issues where Plo koon enters, but the Buzz droids are still visible (but seem to be gone as these ships don't lose health or are attacked by assisting vultures).
  • Thufir
    18 posts Member
    3 weeks ago lol. Wow, just crippling an in-game counter for weeks without mentioning it. Classic.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    3 weeks ago lol. Wow, just crippling an in-game counter for weeks without mentioning it. Classic.

there are issues for years. Every time they "fixed" it, something else went broken
  • Thufir wrote: »

I rarely do the Mal counter on the Executor, before or after the bug was introduced. I'm just curious - are there stats showing a significant drop in the win rate before and after?
  • zatho
    747 posts Member

I rarely do the Mal counter on the Executor, before or after the bug was introduced. I'm just curious - are there stats showing a significant drop in the win rate before and after?

Yesterday I saw some assists. Maybe they have fixed some issues (by accident).
  • zatho wrote: »

Assists from the vulture replacing the OG? That would be the fix. Other spawned vultures do assist fine.

"By accident" sounds rather scary. :D
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    zatho wrote: »

Assists from the vulture replacing the OG? That would be the fix. Other spawned vultures do assist fine.

summoned ones. But these also were not assisting the past weeks
  • zatho wrote: »
    zatho wrote: »

summoned ones. But these also were not assisting the past weeks

the only vulture droid not working 100% of the time has been the one replacing player vulture droid. the other summoned droids work fine; the visual buzz droids but there not being buzz droids is a whole other issue.
  • Thufir wrote: »

I would think the Executor heal targeting AI change is probably more relevant than the one broken Vulture droid. Besides, on good runs, that droid dies early anyway.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Yes there are stats, but no you can't see them. Only CG has them.

As far as VD's, they have never worked right and every time they get "fixed" something new is broken. Don't expect them to ever work right and you'll be happier.
  • Dianora
    116 posts Member

There's three "Vulture Droids" in the game code. The farmable unit, the one that spawns when the farmable unit dies if you have rank 8 Unique, and the ones spawned by Malevolence. The farmable one can have between 70-100% chance to assist depending on what level its Unique is at. The other two have a 70% assist chance.

A few months ago, CG fixed something where some of the Summoned Vulture Droids were assisting too often or weren't assisting each other. When they did that, it broke something in the Vulture Droid that gets spawned when the farmable one dies. Now that one never assists. So: farmable with Rank 8: always assists; summoned from farmable: never assists; summoned from Malevolence: assists 70% of the time. We're just waiting for a fix to the second one at this point.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Yes there are stats, but no you can't see them. Only CG has them.

As far as VD's, they have never worked right and every time they get "fixed" something new is broken. Don't expect them to ever work right and you'll be happier.

You can see them through gac swgoh.gg stats. This change happened in between some gac weeks. I forgot the exact date. Though I checked those weeks when it happened first and sep vs. exec counter has fallen from around %50 to %35. This made finaliser a better counter option even if not a stable option at all either.
  • I enjoy how the fixes made it worse.

Just make all vulture droids assist on buzz droids regardless of summoned or not.

Mucking around with %s clearly is too much work.
  • I'd be fine with the summoned vultures just dealing 70% damage on assists rather than an all or nothing 70% of the time. But CG is absolutely in love with RNG because it frustrates people, which opens wallets. So... whatevs
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

i’ll check up
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    And the trend of “if it helps we fix, if it hurts it stays” when it comes to fixing bugs. Lost my GAC cause the summoned vulture droid from the original never assisting. That’s cool, who needs an extra 700 crystals anyway lmao
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    And the trend of “if it helps we fix, if it hurts it stays” when it comes to fixing bugs. Lost my GAC cause the summoned vulture droid from the original never assisting. That’s cool, who needs an extra 700 crystals anyway lmao

The bug did help a player. It helped your opponent. In GAC it does not benefit CG by giving out less rewards
  • Whatelse73
    2149 posts Member
    They'll fix it when the AI is bored with destroying our fleets with the 80,000 assists it gets every **** match.

Your AI is a cheating piece of garbage that doesn't seem to have the same issues players do. Almost as if you program it with bonuses and advantages we the players don't get. Nah, I'm sure it's just totes coincidence...
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    No I’ll agree.👆
    Today in gac my mal fleet got zero assist vs executor and then my FO got assisted to death vs enemy mal. I mean insane assist! I don’t think I’ve ever seen my fleet assist like that ever!?!
    It was comical as much as it was sad.
    It’s so so obvious it’s criminal
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    This type of bogus accusations without any data dilutes the focus from the actual issue which has nothing to do with ai getting more assists.
  • VonThirstenburg
    56 posts Member
    edited May 2022

Yep, been costing me crystals here and there when I biff the Mal counter. Prior to this current issue I'd say I was at 80-90% success, and the ones I lost I still poked some holes in the opposing Executor and had pretty easy cleanups. Have only had one match recently where I was able to 2-tap an Exec, but otherwise haven't won that counter fight in weeks.

At least, for me, my opponents have generally had the same issue taking my Exec out, so it's been a wash for the most part. Twice they succeeded though, and both ended up as round losses for me, where I'd have won had they not succeeded. 💩
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    This type of bogus accusations without any data dilutes the focus from the actual issue which has nothing to do with ai getting more assists.

you sound like EA Answers, who even when presented with video evidence still dismissed it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

you sound like EA Answers, who even when presented with video evidence still dismissed it.

I think you misuderstood what I'm responding to. The issue is the change to the vulture assists making malo counter to exec worse, not ai controlled player fleet getting more assists than player controlled ones. I've yet to see a video of this "cheating ai" that is claimed on the post above mine.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

I think you misuderstood what I'm responding to. The issue is the change to the vulture assists making malo counter to exec worse, not ai controlled player fleet getting more assists than player controlled ones. I've yet to see a video of this "cheating ai" that is claimed on the post above mine.

Vulture droid has 3 bugs on it atm at least; even EA answers conceded that. I have seen the behavior described by Sewpot just in doing battle against Malevolences. Maybe you should fight more of them, then you can enjoy the fact that the AI controlled "player" vulture's replacement does the behavior described. You don't work for CG so whether you believe the bug exists or not is of no impact to any other forum user.

These aren't hard bugs to encounter. To hear support talk, they are. But I've not met anyone who hasn't suffered from the bugs.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Vulture droid has 3 bugs on it atm at least; even EA answers conceded that. I have seen the behavior described by Sewpot just in doing battle against Malevolences. Maybe you should fight more of them, then you can enjoy the fact that the AI controlled "player" vulture's replacement does the behavior described. You don't work for CG so whether you believe the bug exists or not is of no impact to any other forum user.

These aren't hard bugs to encounter. To hear support talk, they are. But I've not met anyone who hasn't suffered from the bugs.

Do I get it correctly; same fleet's vultures behave differently when controlled by the player vs. attacked by another player?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Do I get it correctly; same fleet's vultures behave differently when controlled by the player vs. attacked by another player?

I haven’t faced Mal so I can’t attest to the AI, but the replacement vulture droid that is summoned when your vulture droid is destroyed never assists on buzz droids. Ever. So that’s a big problem. EA answers admitted it’s a bug but there’s been zero movement to fix it. It took them years to fix the Teebo bug, fives bug and the undying loyalty bug. This one will probably fit into that category as well because it doesn’t make them any money to fix it and that’s dirty on their part. It devalues our investment not due to natural game progression but an error in coding on their part that they’re too lazy to fix. CG has been in a PR black hole lately and are just sinking further and further in. I want to buy the conquest pass for Malgus shards but I’m not on pure principle of how they’ve been handling things. It’s disgusting how they find new ways to dig further into the bedrock of bad PR and community relations
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I haven’t faced Mal so I can’t attest to the AI, but the replacement vulture droid that is summoned when your vulture droid is destroyed never assists on buzz droids. Ever. So that’s a big problem. EA answers admitted it’s a bug but there’s been zero movement to fix it. It took them years to fix the Teebo bug, fives bug and the undying loyalty bug. This one will probably fit into that category as well because it doesn’t make them any money to fix it and that’s dirty on their part. It devalues our investment not due to natural game progression but an error in coding on their part that they’re too lazy to fix. CG has been in a PR black hole lately and are just sinking further and further in. I want to buy the conquest pass for Malgus shards but I’m not on pure principle of how they’ve been handling things. It’s disgusting how they find new ways to dig further into the bedrock of bad PR and community relations

I know that bug exists and it should be resolved ofc. That wasn't what I was objecting to. On the contrary mixing in claims like "cheating ai" detracts from this serious bug.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

I know that bug exists and it should be resolved ofc. That wasn't what I was objecting to. On the contrary mixing in claims like "cheating ai" detracts from this serious bug.

Well I can’t confirm or deny that one. Like I said I haven’t seen Mal on D in my fleet arena or in GAC. But the AI is proven to have favored RNG with assist chances. I see it all the time. Like yesterday I had an enemy ackbar get assists constantly. Like unending and YEETED my resistance fleet before i even had a chance. On the flip side mine barely got any.
  • Whatelse73
    2149 posts Member
    Just look at what happens when you face malevolence in TB. Does the malevolence fleet there ever miss an opportunity to assist? That's the extreme example of assisting, but you don't see that malevolence not assisting on every single turn there's a "chance" to.