PSA: War Made Manifest wording

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    PumaK wrote: »
    I am not asking for much: I am asking for some sort of communication or statement. Not leave the poor mods to sweep the dirt under the rug while the company running the game pretends not to listen to us because they have headphones on

I believe this conquest is hard enough for most of us without having yet another feat made harder by this discrepancy but hey, it’s not my place to decide.

It is theirs. Decide, communicate, act.

Yeah, they gonna reply you for sure, exactly on the same way they replied about the 3 consecutive Galactic challenges broken and bugged on a row....

Which ones were those?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    PumaK wrote: »
    I am not asking for much: I am asking for some sort of communication or statement. Not leave the poor mods to sweep the dirt under the rug while the company running the game pretends not to listen to us because they have headphones on

I believe this conquest is hard enough for most of us without having yet another feat made harder by this discrepancy but hey, it’s not my place to decide.

It is theirs. Decide, communicate, act.

Yeah, they gonna reply you for sure, exactly on the same way they replied about the 3 consecutive Galactic challenges broken and bugged on a row....

Which ones were those?

Starting on march 28th with BH and the 2 consecutive ones.
  • One of those was definitely not bugged, the one with GG, iirc.
  • Well, they fixed everything EXCEPT THIS. Where is a community manager when you need one?
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Well, they fixed everything EXCEPT THIS. Where is a community manager when you need one?

Asked Meathead and he said:

"Both are meant to survive, the description will be correct in the next conquest"
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    I cannot believe that a text change is more difficult then sorting out the bugs that benefit us
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    I cannot believe that a text change is more difficult then sorting out the bugs that benefit us

Maybe they need a client update to change text or assets, whereas mechanics are server-related?
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator

in the past conquest feats, that needed a text change, i believe the text changed required a new instance of conquest too
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    j5d4vjp7p4r9.jpg

U say what ultra? Neh text changes don't generate money. This does. This they fix fast
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    i said fixing the text would probably require them to restart the conquest which is why the text fix will be there in the next run

fixing a marquee unit doesn’t require restarting conquest

so i don’t see what your point or correlation is
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Ultra wrote: »
    i said fixing the text would probably require them to restart the conquest which is why the text fix will be there in the next run

U sure, then how was the other bugs fixed?

Maybe I should explain further...
    A text change won't cause conquest to fail. As all the logic are still in place.

However fixing a bug WILL cause the whole conquest to fail as the code / program logic is changed .

So if they can change/fix a bug, why not a text update?
  • Ridiculous. I was able to complete this feat and sion died plenty of times while doing it. CG clearly changing things retroactively to keep people for getting Malgus. Need proof? Look no further than their refusal to fix the Dread feat immediately. CG is pathetic.
  • Looooki wrote: »

A text change won't cause conquest to fail. As all the logic are still in place.

However fixing a bug WILL cause the whole conquest to fail as the code / program logic is changed .

How do you know what would and wouldn’t cause conquest to fail? Did you programme it?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member

How do you know what would and wouldn’t cause conquest to fail? Did you programme it?

It's program logic...

It is as simple as typing a text vs rewriting a program...

U can check it out on C programming or which ever program language u understand..
  • Looooki wrote: »

It's program logic...

U can check it out on C programming or which ever program language u understand..
    Ok. I’m glad you understand exactly how it works.

Though I think you are guessing.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    as a programmer, you should know that some programs are designed in such a way that some of the updates to a program, even text ones, might require you to restart the application
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member

It's program logic...

Ok. I’m glad you understand exactly how it works.

Though I think you are guessing.

Haha really, u really think I was guessing?? Good guess. Keep it up.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    as a programmer, you should know that some programs are designed in such a way that some of the updates to a program, even text ones, might require you to restart the application

It is the same as what was stated as well..
    If a text change need to restart conquest... a bug fix would have a higher chance of restart as well right?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Arrrr ultra.. U took away my master piece

Lets just summarise these things

The argument was that i didnt write the program, what do i know ?

I know i cannot prove 1+1=2. That realm of maths is beyond me. I only know that from my education this was so. And from the calculator i used it tells me so.

I didnt write the program, but from my experience and education, there is a difference between a text variable and a program viable.

And if changing a text variable requires a conquest restart, how much more a program viable ?

Let's keep it till here then
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    And if changing a text variable requires a conquest restart, how much more a program viable ?
    Yeah I know it sounds silly to design a game mode where changing a text would require restarting the entire game mode

But given how interlinked the Global feats that I'm sure CG had tried to make it more loosely coupled and they weren't able to

Fortunately, text description being locked to requiring restarts to fix is a very low list of problems from an architecture view imo

Again, CG would know best, and requiring a restart to update texts is just my assumption and speculation based on past text fixes of conquest they have done

Maybe they do have the ability to change descriptions midway and they opted for waiting for the next conquest launch
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    It's probably correct in the French text.