The modern day gear crunch (50R-T)

harvestmouse
890 posts Member
edited May 2022
So one of the biggest complaints towards CG is the unnecessary 'gear crunch'.

Mark 5 stun guns and Mark 3 Carbantis were (I guess still can be to a degree) a real pain to obtain in the amounts needed. So....(to a degree) CG acknowledged it was a problem and fixed it.

However, if feels to me that Mk5 SG and Mk3 Carbs gear crunch was nothing compared to the new gear crunch that CG have created.

Anybody farming characters that have come out in the last 18 months (which I guess is everybody who isn't new) is feeling the Mk9 Kyrotech battle computers and especially the Mk7 Kyrotech shock prods.

So.......CG are aware of the problem (they're selling packs for them after all) yet..........another new character (50R-T) and yet another new character that needs both from Gear 8 onwards ............

What are you playing at CG? I've literally got 36 characters totally stalled on Mk7 Kyrotech shock prods right now (from gear 8 (so will need hundreds) to gear 12)...........I never had the problem to this degree with stun guns and carbantis. You've unnecessarily created this issue. Or purposely for income, even though it was a massive complaint?

STOP RELEASING CHARACTERS THAT NEED Mk7 Kyrotech shock prods PLEASE........... or at the least until G12......
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    The only reason there was easing of me5 stun guns was because there was another gear crunch piece in place.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    The only reason there was easing of me5 stun guns was because there was another gear crunch piece in place.

I see.....................then can I request a total easing of Mk7 Prods and Mk9 battle computers, to be replaced with a new piece of gear that'll become an even worse gear crunch.

Then I'll complain about that in 18 months when the new made up droid F4R-CE is released?
  • This wouldn't be a game if there wasn't any challenge in it right? The choices you make, influence the outcome of your roster and performance.

If you want an unlimited resources environment, many ppl can give you tips on what other mobile apps to spend your time with.

No, this is not an hostile reply, but you should seriously ask yourself if a mobile game is worth this much frustration.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Of course there has to be a gear crunch, that forms a bottleneck for f2p player and gives p2w players an advantage. Kyrotechs are totally understandable as you have to decide to either bring new characters to G12 or old Characters to Relic (or spend money to do both in the same time).
    What is a desaster is that new characters require also large amounts of carbanti and other older gear, that is still a bottleneck for old characters. And even without the new characters, it takes years to get all characters needed for legends geared.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Fixed it where??? Specifically the carbs??? Nothing it's fixed and old bottleneck are still bottleneck, now take the old bottleneck and the New ones for new and not so new players...
    Each new toon not only ask for 500 kyros on total, also a lot of carbantis and more. Gear economy it's non existent
  • PumaK wrote: »
    Fixed it where??? Specifically the carbs??? Nothing it's fixed and old bottleneck are still bottleneck, now take the old bottleneck and the New ones for new and not so new players...
    Each new toon not only ask for 500 kyros on total, also a lot of carbantis and more. Gear economy it's non existent

I can say with certainty that my influx of carbantis and stunguns has significantly increased since the alleviated the gear crunch for those. So something got fixed.
  • @PumaK My point is that CG acknowledged that there was a gear crunch problem. However, after doing that they've created (in my opinion) a far worse one.

They have eased the Carbanti problem (so as I said fixed it to a degree). I'm finding as a player that isn't gearing many older characters, but I am gearing up a lot of the newer characters. That I don't have to wait long for the carbantis I need (unlike before). Maybe a day at worst. However the shockprods........... It'll take months to clear my backlog and by then I'll have an even bigger backlog!
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    PoederAmon wrote: »
    PumaK wrote: »

I can say with certainty that my influx of carbantis and stunguns has significantly increased since the alleviated the gear crunch for those. So something got fixed.

How was the Carbanti influx increased?
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    If you increase as example on 10 the ammount of ítems received (let's say carbantis) and you launch a toon that ask for 300, are you increasing the influx or just the bottleneck?? If your giving daily 3-5 kyrotech but you launch a toon that need 400-500, are you not increasing the bottleneck???
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

They are e.g. added to the prize box you get when you've done all your dailies.
  • PumaK wrote: »
    If you increase as example on 10 the ammount of ítems received (let's say carbantis) and you launch a toon that ask for 300, are you increasing the influx or just the bottleneck?? If your giving daily 3-5 kyrotech but you launch a toon that need 400-500, are you not increasing the bottleneck???

No, it's increasing the complexity of choices/decisions you have to make. The influx is a fact, it's not up for debate, it can be counted.
    As for the bottleneck of kyros, it's practically the same, the bottleneck is getting increased if you choose to apply all kyros to all new toons. Or if you choose to spend crystals (which the influx also got increased) on other stuff than kyros.
    So again, it makes the game a more difficult game, but if it only gives frustration, it's good to ask yourselves if this game is for you.

Blood clots can become a more serious bottleneck, you know 😉

• Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Wouldn't that include all gear? Why call out Carbanti in particular?
  • If you intend on relicing every character in the game, you’ll find yourself in a gear bottleneck. You have to live with the fact that you must choose which characters you can feasibly gear up without completely running out of certain pieces.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Resource management. (TVF was unavailable)
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Wouldn't that include all gear? Why call out Carbanti in particular?

Because we're talking about the increased carbanti influx