JMK kit v. Darth Vader kit conflicting.

SapphireHazel
4 posts Member
edited May 2022
Ok, so I have an issue/question regarding interaction between JMK and DV. Vader's kit says that the ability block on his basic can't be resisted by Jedi and Rebels, BUT JMK's ultimate says all light side allies resist ALL debuffs. This is while JMK has the high ground, which is a specific reference to the fight between the two. JMK is also a GL, and his kit should take precedence over Vader's. Vader's kit also does not say that the ability block can't be prevented by Jedi and Rebels. There is a major conflict of interest here, and I would appreciate a valid explaination to this. Since I doubt any of the devs will address this, I appreciate anyone who provides a suitable answer.
Saving the galaxy, one Twi'lek at a time.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Ok, so I have an issue/question regarding interaction between JMK and DV. Vader's kit says that the ability block on his basic can't be resisted by Jedi and Rebels, BUT JMK's ultimate says all light side allies resist ALL debuffs. This is while JMK has the high ground, which is a specific reference to the fight between the two. JMK is also a GL, and his kit should take precedence over Vader's. Vader's kit also does not say that the ability block can't be prevented by Jedi and Rebels. There is a major conflict of interest here, and I would appreciate a valid explaination to this. Since I doubt any of the devs will address this, I appreciate anyone who provides a suitable answer.

So it’s a niche in how things work. If it says it can’t be resisted then it will take precedence over resisting said debuff.
    Look to how it works with tenacity up. Wampa could have tons and tons of tenacity but if something is irresistible then it’ll still go through. Unless it’s a specific call out to “can’t be stunned, etc” then it’ll still go through, if that makes any sense.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

So it’s a niche in how things work. If it says it can’t be resisted then it will take precedence over resisting said debuff.
    Look to how it works with tenacity up. Wampa could have tons and tons of tenacity but if something is irresistible then it’ll still go through. Unless it’s a specific call out to “can’t be stunned, etc” then it’ll still go through, if that makes any sense.

I get what you're saying but tenacity/potency shouldn't be a factor with these two kits in the instance I'm talking about. I guess it's just another in a long line of "Fix your game CG!" troupes xD
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Well that was just an example. This interaction more so is that an irresistible effect takes preference over resisting said effect, especially with a specific faction call out like in vaders skill
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    As a general rule, Can’t trumps Can. Enemies can resist debuffs, and JMK lead says they can resist all debuffs, but DV says (basically) that enemies can’t resist his Ability Block.

If JMK said allies can’t gain debuffs, then that would go over DV. (That’s not a common thing - I think Rey’s Ultimate says she can’t be debuffed while in her Ultimate stance.)
  • @crzydroid what did you edit in my post and why?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    @crzydroid what did you edit in my post and why?

Probably moved it
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    @crzydroid what did you edit in my post and why?

Probably moved it

Oh, alright. I didn't know what happened.