Proving Grounds Release?

Prev1
It’s been a month since news of the Proving Grounds came out. Is there any further information on what it will be like and when it comes out?

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Nope!
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Im sure they will get right on it after they fix the gear crunch and let us sim the Sith raid.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    They're making sure there are no bugs that help the player.
  • Eldorian
    128 posts Member
    Nobody said it outright, but CAT is due to be farmable around 25 may; she is supposed to be the first proving grounds char… so it will probably drop around that date…
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    They are being sure we can be milked to get those shards
  • You want cat shards.. buy them from weekly shipments.

Hopefully they are there for a few more weeks.. for my alt
  • They want you to pay for shards with crystals for a few weeks before they let you get any free shards.
  • They are purposely adding bugs to frustrate you even more
  • They are purposely adding bugs to frustrate you even more

76ik40jrxf17.jpg
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    They are purposely adding bugs to frustrate you even more

76ik40jrxf17.jpg

I heard of another place to wear that hat that really helps improve wifi signal.
  • You want cat shards.. buy them from weekly shipments.

Hopefully they are there for a few more weeks.. for my alt

They haven't been there for weeks now
  • CAT shards are available in my weekly shipments
    82t5s9oybp5o.jpeg
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CAT shards are available in my weekly shipments
    82t5s9oybp5o.jpeg

And conveniently at the top!
  • PolYeims
    11 posts Member
    I'm quite excited for Proving Grounds, I hope they'll launch it soon
  • Announced on April 13th and then radio silence some 35 days later. If CG excels at anything it's making claims/promises then taking forever to follow through.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Announced on April 13th and then radio silence some 35 days later. If CG excels at anything it's making claims/promises then taking forever to follow through.

So you are saying CG should never post another State of The Galaxy or Road Ahead ever again?

Just announce things a week or few days before release?
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Announced on April 13th and then radio silence some 35 days later. If CG excels at anything it's making claims/promises then taking forever to follow through.

So you are saying CG should never post another State of The Galaxy or Road Ahead ever again?

I mean, that is their usual mantra is it not?
    They love to have radio silence and say nothing for months while everything gets really really stale, and then release a load of info 2-3 days before the content is released so if it is particularly juicy, people will whale in order to get whatever is released, or to take full advantage of the new unit/mode/release.

It would be beneficial if they gave timeframes or updates on their public projects. I get that things like Malgus or a GL need to be kept quite for a surprise but things like gear crunch changes etc should be mentioned on their development tracker to give an idea of how long it is going to be, to have an update if something is delayed.
    This way people will be informed and at least know if it is still being focused on.

It would really help bolster their image and i feel would help give CG a more positive image when it came to communicating with their player base. instead of 11 months of being infuriated at the lack of communcation (something which got better with Doja, who was by far the best community manager as long as i've played the game (can't yet comment on Tusken as he's not been here for long enough, plus its only a temporary role for him)).

Anyway rant over, i'm sure Ultra will have something to moan about my post.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Binary wrote: »

I mean, that is their usual mantra is it not?
    They love to have radio silence and say nothing for months while everything gets really really stale, and then release a load of info 2-3 days before the content is released so if it is particularly juicy, people will whale in order to get whatever is released, or to take full advantage of the new unit/mode/release.

It would be beneficial if they gave timeframes or updates on their public projects. I get that things like Malgus or a GL need to be kept quite for a surprise but things like gear crunch changes etc should be mentioned on their development tracker to give an idea of how long it is going to be, to have an update if something is delayed.
    This way people will be informed and at least know if it is still being focused on.

It would really help bolster their image and i feel would help give CG a more positive image when it came to communicating with their player base. instead of 11 months of being infuriated at the lack of communcation (something which got better with Doja, who was by far the best community manager as long as i've played the game (can't yet comment on Tusken as he's not been here for long enough, plus its only a temporary role for him)).

Anyway rant over, i'm sure Ultra will have something to moan about my post.

the information they gave on proving grounds literally contradicts your first paragraph

rant over? more like moaning lol
  • Ultra wrote: »

If Proving Grounds was mentioned in either the SotG or RA I would understand the future release as those what those updates are intended to provide. But when it's just a random post I would expect something a little sooner, but that's my problem for expecting something reasonable.

And in all fairness when they release new characters they drop a kit post then we get that character in the next few days so that's likely how most people were thinking Proving Grounds would be.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited May 2022
    They had to address why CAT shards were going to be unavailable or would you prefer radio silence on why they pulled CAT shards from the game for weeks / months until the Proving Grounds event was ready?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited May 2022
    I will let CG know that the players prefer radio silence when CG pulls shards away in the future until 2 days before they are ready to release the shards!
  • I had a response typed, but there's no reason to keep arguing the point since everything is always taken to the extreme.
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited May 2022

Proving Grounds wasn't in a State of the Galaxy or Road Ahead. It had its own post, and referenced the 1 year anni since CAT's arrival, which is this month. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/255344/new-proving-grounds-event#latest

Maybe you could be like "well there's no specific date in the post...." sure. But curiously everything else they've announced since is in the game or has a date or time attached to it. Like Grand Inquisitor at the end of June. And most importantly, the anniversary of CAT was specifically mentioned. Well the anniversary is upon us and all we've had is a vanished CAT from conquest's shop and now she's conveniently available again for crystals only. But she'd vanished for a LONG time with radio silence on CG's part. It doesn't build the confidence of their customer base when they just stop talking and don't acknowledge that they removed her from the shop.

And still no word on when Proving Grounds is going to release makes everything look worse for them and builds more ire from their customers.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I will let CG know that the players prefer radio silence when CG pulls shards away in the future until 2 days before they are ready to release the shards!

You have such a clear disdain for the player base, why do you mod for this site?
    And you also have a great ability to ignore the actual point of the conversation and create a straw man argument every single time.

Please just step down from being a mod if this is the sort of response a very valid criticism and question from the community brings.

Thanks!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

You have such a clear disdain for the player base, why do you mod for this site?
    And you also have a great ability to ignore the actual point of the conversation and create a straw man argument every single time.

Please just step down from being a mod if this is the sort of response a very valid criticism and question from the community brings.

Thanks!

It's not a disdain for the entire player base. It's disdain for frivolous complaints. In this example, someone complains about late communication, then complains the communication was too early.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I had a response typed, but there's no reason to keep arguing the point since everything is always taken to the extreme.

vqovg4tck9p5.png
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Thanks!

It's not a disdain for the entire player base. It's disdain for frivolous complaints. In this example, someone complains about late communication, then complains the communication was too early.

That is clearly not the main point of the argument, are we serious right now?

The complaint of the player base is that CG tells us about proving grounds, which is supposed to coincide with the 1 year anniversary of CAT. We were told over a year ago that all conquest characters would be more easily farmable after that one year mark. We are now at that point with radio silence, while at the same time CAT has mysteriously been removed from the conquest store even though RC is still there.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Thanks!

The complaint of the player base is that CG tells us about proving grounds, which is supposed to coincide with the 1 year anniversary of CAT. We were told over a year ago that all conquest characters would be more easily farmable after that one year mark. We are now at that point with radio silence, while at the same time CAT has mysteriously been removed from the conquest store even though RC is still there.

Well, if we had hit the 1 yr mark already, you might almost have a point.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Thanks!

Well, if we had hit the 1 yr mark already, you might almost have a point.

Okay, so why has she been removed from the conquest store then? Why are we not following the same cadence as RC? And if CG is planning on suddenly changing that cadence, why were we not informed at all about it?