R9 Droid brain availability in other areas of the game

Prev1
Droid brains has been out for a couple of months and it’s exclusively tied to TW rewards and is exclusive to guilds with a high guild GP. Are there plans to introduce them as rewards elsewhere in the game like conquests for example?

Replies

• mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    Probably yes, when R10 arrives...
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Maybe they’ll sell more of em for Benjamin’s
  • Who cares they're like Aeromagnfiers.

You have way more than you can possibly need due to the cost of the Inpulse Detectors and Gyrda Pads.

You have way more than you can possibly need due to the cost of the Inpulse Detectors and Gyrda Pads.

Maybe the 10% of players in guilds over 300M do. No one else has any. For them the cost of gyrda pads does not matter at all.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Who cares they're like Aeromagnfiers.

You'll start caring when the next GL reqs require 3 or more r9s
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Ultra wrote: »

That's way overboard. My guess is 1 r9 per gl if any. i.e. I've got 46 brainz in a top 10 guild as f2p since the release of r9. Any more than this would make the new gls strictly pay only.
  • Ultra wrote: »

I would not because that would be so outrageous that I would finally have the motivation to quit.
  • Drathuk916
    624 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Assuming 2 gls this year. I’d assume 3 r9s between them. I’d also assume 2-3 brains get added to conquest red crate but less convinced they’ll do that.
  • thedrjojo
    949 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

That's way overboard. My guess is 1 r9 per gl if any. i.e. I've got 46 brainz in a top 10 guild as f2p since the release of r9. Any more than this would make the new gls strictly pay only.

Im guessing you aren't in a top 10 guild if you only have 46. Snide comments aside

There have been 30 territory wars since the introduction of r9. The best anyone could have thus far 'free to play' is 150 brains. There are 6 guilds on the hot utils leaderboard that are 30-0, only one of them currently >380mil gp but they don't compete at that level. I have earned 107 brains (current guild is 22-8, which would be 118 brains, but I wasn't with them the whole time and it wasn't always competing above 380mil gp). The next gl won't likely be announced for a few months which gives even more time. 3 r9 is definitely feasible and realistic and possible even for ftp (I am not ftp, but we have some ftp in my guild).
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    thedrjojo wrote: »

Im guessing you aren't in a top 10 guild if you only have 46. Snide comments aside

There have been 30 territory wars since the introduction of r9. The best anyone could have thus far 'free to play' is 150 brains. There are 6 guilds on the hot utils leaderboard that are 30-0, only one of them currently >380mil gp but they don't compete at that level. I have earned 107 brains (current guild is 22-8, which would be 118 brains, but I wasn't with them the whole time and it wasn't always competing above 380mil gp). The next gl won't likely be announced for a few months which gives even more time. 3 r9 is definitely feasible and realistic and possible even for ftp (I am not ftp, but we have some ftp in my guild).

I'm in alpha, I dunno our score in this duration. I don't have any r9. This is all I got, I might have missed a few tws in that duration. Though what Ultra thinks will happen is 3 r9 per gl.
  • thedrjojo
    949 posts Member

I'm in alpha, I dunno our score in this duration. I don't have any r9. This is all I got, I might have missed a few tws in that duration. Though what Ultra thinks will happen is 3 r9 per gl.

I thought your name was familiar, I used to be in ti bravo.

Weird, alpha is 21-9, which I know you guys aren't always competing with a full guild joining, I'd have expected you to have more than 46.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Then they’re costing themselves money.

You also forget many in those top guilds have R9 piett for PVP. So unless you bought packs you’re already one R9 down.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Weird, alpha is 21-9, which I know you guys aren't always competing with a full guild joining, I'd have expected you to have more than 46.

This is not my ingame name. If you are curious I can share with pm though. Yea, that's the thing, to my knowledge alpha is the only tw optional very high gp guild. We enter the matches 35-40, so prolly competing for 1-2-3 brainz each match, I haven't paid in depth attention.

Anyways, my sentiment was if the next 2 gls need 3x r9s, they won't be f2p accessible besides very few, probably in 2 digits. This is a hard wall compared to previous soft gear/shard walls that are hard to meet but at least accesible by all. I don't think they will require this many r9s, we are just scrutinising Ultra's claim.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member

Better not. I know it's inevitable, but they better make the mats accessible to all at that point. One the the G9 mats is cash only at this point isn't it?
  • DarthGrff
    178 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Assuming 2 gls this year. I’d assume 3 r9s between them. I’d also assume 2-3 brains get added to conquest red crate but less convinced they’ll do that.

Until they release r9 to be more available I doubt it will be gl required. Barely any of the players would be able to get there so they wouldn’t make as much money
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    cboath7 wrote: »

Better not. I know it's inevitable, but they better make the mats accessible to all at that point. One the the G9 mats is cash only at this point isn't it?

I think the materials would be available in weekly shipments similar to r8 materials were, but still exclusive to TW without using crystals
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    honestly not losing sleep over a relic that boosts only tanks lol, I'm saving, close to the second one. wouldn't hurt to wait for june road head....
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member

The most this someone could have is 7 R9s FTP, the most you could have is 5. Getting 3 R9 characters - who, keep in mind, will likely be very low on the list of characters you want to R9 - may be possible, but it’ll be a massive drain on resources for even the best possible player - who I think you pointed out doesn’t exist.

It also assumes you’ve been hoarding Droid Brains this whole time and not, you know, using them.
  • Only way we get more GLs, is if CG starts making characters that are outside the Jedi/Sith realm. Only ones of that power i can think of off the top of my head are Sith.
  • DarthGrff wrote: »

Until they release r9 to be more available I doubt it will be gl required. Barely any of the players would be able to get there so they wouldn’t make as much money

I disagree with this. I think the push to release r9 so quickly was because they planned on using r9 (even admitted it on release) and ran the calculations for the various gp ranges. Assuming the next gl is announced end of July then 320+ guild have had 8-9 months of farming brains. Assuming 50/50 w/l cg is going to argue that 2 r9s is completely reasonable as 32 tws min since release by that point. That’s 48 brains for a 320 guild. If, and it’s a big if, they’re generous they’ll only require 1 r9 for the first gl this year and two for the second assuming an October release date.

I think it’s possible they’ll add a second way to obtain brains but probably very few and only if the amount of r9s coming into the game aren’t enough to come anywhere close to what they want us to need for the gls.

I would not because that would be so outrageous that I would finally have the motivation to quit.

This & This
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

This is not my ingame name. If you are curious I can share with pm though. Yea, that's the thing, to my knowledge alpha is the only tw optional very high gp guild. We enter the matches 35-40, so prolly competing for 1-2-3 brainz each match, I haven't paid in depth attention.

Anyways, my sentiment was if the next 2 gls need 3x r9s, they won't be f2p accessible besides very few, probably in 2 digits. This is a hard wall compared to previous soft gear/shard walls that are hard to meet but at least accesible by all. I don't think they will require this many r9s, we are just scrutinising Ultra's claim.

You aren't the only one (hoth ski patrol I believe is also optional for example, and order 66 ghost squad is also notorious for joining in the low 40s...), but yeah, alpha has that nice appeal in that way. Avi is great too. No shade at all (and this is my same in game name so she knows who I am).

They want the gl to be something that is very hard for ftp to get (especially right away) and encourage spending in the dolphins and whales and even if they can squeeze some money from the krackens.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

I just threw in a random number of 3 to make a point

but LV required 4 r8s when those materials were still hard to obtain outside of raid + conquest, and if they do one GL release at a time, I don't see the second one being as easy as the first one
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I hear they release packs for this occasionally. ;)
  • DarthGrff
    178 posts Member
    DarthGrff wrote: »

I disagree with this. I think the push to release r9 so quickly was because they planned on using r9 (even admitted it on release) and ran the calculations for the various gp ranges. Assuming the next gl is announced end of July then 320+ guild have had 8-9 months of farming brains. Assuming 50/50 w/l cg is going to argue that 2 r9s is completely reasonable as 32 tws min since release by that point. That’s 48 brains for a 320 guild. If, and it’s a big if, they’re generous they’ll only require 1 r9 for the first gl this year and two for the second assuming an October release date.

I think it’s possible they’ll add a second way to obtain brains but probably very few and only if the amount of r9s coming into the game aren’t enough to come anywhere close to what they want us to need for the gls.

It’s possible but I doubt it, it’s still only super high end guilds. Lower gp guilds can best crancor with the right teams/members but since r9 is based solely on gp, they couldn’t do that. Too few people would have the r9s
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

It’s possible but I doubt it, it’s still only super high end guilds. Lower gp guilds can best crancor with the right teams/members but since r9 is based solely on gp, they couldn’t do that. Too few people would have the r9s

But at the same time, those who do have the ability to r9 are the essentially also the same people who have all 6 current GLs. This would be exactly how they would limit the newest GLs to those folks, at least at first.

Not the same IMO. Aeros stockpile fast, droid brains are 12 a month for a 380+m gp guild with .500 record. Compared to 30+ aeros a month from cpit and conquest.

In 7 months of r9 my guild has earned just over 90 droid brains, 4 r9s MAX without spending. We have less than 100 total r9s, partly because gyrda keypads stink but partly because people are making sure to save droid brains for the inevitable r9 requirements.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »

R9 was released and is still throttled heavily to make money. They have sold tons and tons of r9 bundles. Some folks have 10+ r9 toons.

But the time to releas the throttle on droid brains is here, imo.
  • If they are selling tons of R9 bundles still, then wouldn't you say their strategy is working?

How long were Aero's out before they "released the throttle" on them?

Seems like it was longer than 7 months.