• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Post your swgoh.gg

I wanna see your roster

https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/

Ugh….the omicron choices….it burns!!!!

But aside from being right about OP modifiers, you may need to consider easy mode until you get a wider roster.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Post your swgoh.gg

I wanna see your roster

You only have like... two, maybe three usable teams from what I see

up3avigppgto.png

I'm not sure what your point is. You currently have a slim roster and no GLs. Hard mode Conquest is going to be very tough. I'm finding it quite hard going with 3 GLs.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Post your swgoh.gg

I wanna see your roster

Ugh….the omicron choices….it burns!!!!

But aside from being right about OP modifiers, you may need to consider easy mode until you get a wider roster.

Read my response from earlier to the last guy that suggested that.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    I'm close to getting Smuggler Chewie to 7* and then I'll have Rey which is a prereq for JML. It sucks I need to upgrade her to r7 because I didn't plan on using her. Here's what I'm currently working on / trying to get to relic. The final GAS phase characters are under those. I'll work on clones more after getting GAS.
    2znbuwzedz3d.jpg

I also have Mando stuff on the side but it's not priority. I only need Cara at 7* and I'll have him unlocked.

• Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    The only real teams that should require Overprepared are teams that would naturally be prepared in canon, like Rebels (Phoenix) or First Order (they built an entire army in how many years?). There's also teams that need the speed to be viable, like Jawas and Tuskens (it's an ambush but there's nothing really ambush-y about the fight?).
    Every other team should have their own unique modifier that challenges the player in its own unique way and encourage team switches and mod challenges; after all, the more you make the player change stuff around, the more energy they'll waste and the more money they'll spend on refreshes. It's just good business, and good game design
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    The only real teams that should require Overprepared are teams that would naturally be prepared in canon, like Rebels (Phoenix) or First Order (they built an entire army in how many years?). There's also teams that need the speed to be viable, like Jawas and Tuskens (it's an ambush but there's nothing really ambush-y about the fight?).
    Every other team should have their own unique modifier that challenges the player in its own unique way and encourage team switches and mod challenges; after all, the more you make the player change stuff around, the more energy they'll waste and the more money they'll spend on refreshes. It's just good business, and good game design

With that argumentation you should not be allowed to run Threepio&Chewie in any squad were C-3PO or Chewbacca are used.
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Overprepared is a horrible mechanic.

At least cg removed the rebel one that makes sabine keep taking turns until your gl is dead (or dead twice if it’s jml with jkr).

Maybe there’s hope.

They could do with cutting back on steadfast reprisal with 501st and padme. At least spread it out to other teams and occasionally have something else on padme/gas.

I want more variety, it’s just nothing special when you don’t even have to look at the modifiers anymore.
  • Antario wrote: »
    Similar to GAC MM, simply gating conquest difficulty levels based on GP is not enough. To reduce frustration, maybe the checks shall include roster depth. E.g. Hard node conquest only accessible for people, who have at least unlocked two GLs.

I'm sure there will be other complaints about that approach. But at least people won't be surprised to find out their 5m GP roster cant make a dent in hard conquest.

The gp gate is pants. My low level account was stuck on normal for far too long and i missed out on a lot of rewards.

Gl’s aren’t needed for better rewards- i started by using gas with prot recovery disks. Auto’d everything due to a lack of time and got the third crate first time in hard. A lot of battles were on low stamina too.

Granted gas and those disks aren’t gonna be everyone’s game plan but the point is gl’s aren’t required for the first few crates, and the gp gate fails to serve any purpose. If you can complete normal, you can get improved rewards on hard.

It can be frustrating i know to end ip stuck behind an insane carth/nest, se, gas or padme team, but you still should be able to progress so far.

Perhaps to ease frustration cg could allow players to step back a few nodes to choose a different path if cg felt really generous.
  • FofoBett
    135 posts Member
    I hate overprepared - lets have a level playing field.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    lon7uprb2s6n.png

Overprepared IV vs steadfast retribution, which one you choose?
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    JackedJedi wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    This conquest is just garbage. You started improving with the last three, but now you're regressing back to garbage.

What's the point of taking Galactic Legends to R8 or R9, let alone unlocking them, if they're just going to get slaughtered in conquest? Seriously? Over 600 speed and at the start of battle can sit and eat a sandwich waiting for your AI teams to take 27 turns because apparently some of those teams are at 1200-3000 speed?

Turn off that stupid mirror rubbish while you're at it, especially since my "Galactic Republic" characters aren't getting the same mirror damage in missions. Either way though, it's stupid and the 30 GAS 501st teams, or Padme, I have to face on the way to Sector 5 don't make it any more enjoyable. I shouldn't have to use a GL on every **** node to 3 star it, especially if I avoid the utterly useless "hard path" that does nothing extra really.

I've been able to 3 star almost all battles without using a GL. I'm finding this conquest easier than the last for some reason, I'm close to the gold crate and will try pushing for red.

I've been playing around with the data discs. I can one shot kill the entire padme team with just Dash using his special, I loaded up on ZA data disks + AA data disks since he's support and his aoe applies debuffs. I also grabbed all the Frenzy tech in the scavenger.

The battles themselves when you get to play them are the easiest they have ever been this time around. The issue is the overprepared and other factors to prevent you from ever getting an attack in on most battle. You must be super lucky to not have as many teams on your path that do this. It's different for everyone. My phase 2 was start to finish overprepared on every node including the easy ones.
  • JackedJedi
    110 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    This conquest is just garbage. You started improving with the last three, but now you're regressing back to garbage.

What's the point of taking Galactic Legends to R8 or R9, let alone unlocking them, if they're just going to get slaughtered in conquest? Seriously? Over 600 speed and at the start of battle can sit and eat a sandwich waiting for your AI teams to take 27 turns because apparently some of those teams are at 1200-3000 speed?

Turn off that stupid mirror rubbish while you're at it, especially since my "Galactic Republic" characters aren't getting the same mirror damage in missions. Either way though, it's stupid and the 30 GAS 501st teams, or Padme, I have to face on the way to Sector 5 don't make it any more enjoyable. I shouldn't have to use a GL on every **** node to 3 star it, especially if I avoid the utterly useless "hard path" that does nothing extra really.

I've been able to 3 star almost all battles without using a GL. I'm finding this conquest easier than the last for some reason, I'm close to the gold crate and will try pushing for red.

I've been playing around with the data discs. I can one shot kill the entire padme team with just Dash using his special, I loaded up on ZA data disks + AA data disks since he's support and his aoe applies debuffs. I also grabbed all the Frenzy tech in the scavenger.

The battles themselves when you get to play them are the easiest they have ever been this time around. The issue is the overprepared and other factors to prevent you from ever getting an attack in on most battle. You must be super lucky to not have as many teams on your path that do this. It's different for everyone. My phase 2 was start to finish overprepared on every node including the easy ones.

Most of the teams I've faced have overpreped, I think all except 2 have had it. I made myself a list of data disks to use. Against some of these, I load them up on Amplify agony, caustic emissions + add thermal exhaust & vol accelerator while using CLS with example since Han goes first. Even ability exhaust so they can never use specials from all the debuffs.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member

Most of the teams I've faced have overpreped, I think all except 2 have had it. I made myself a list of data disks to use. Against some of these, I load them up on Amplify agony, caustic emissions + add thermal exhaust & vol accelerator while using CLS with example since Han goes first. Even ability exhaust so they can never use specials from all the debuffs.

The main issue with recommending mods to anyone is that you have a small number of mods at the start and the rng from the selection is rarely ever any good. The issues didn't start in phase 5 it started in phase 2 when we have very little to work with.
  • Engage wrote: »

The main issue with recommending mods to anyone is that you have a small number of mods at the start and the rng from the selection is rarely ever any good. The issues didn't start in phase 5 it started in phase 2 when we have very little to work with.

I'm having a hard time believing the variety of discs is so great (I wish) that by Sector 2 you haven't found at least a couple of Caustic Emissions, if nothing else. And it's not like the strategy based on CEs is anything new that we just figured out this season.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member

I'm having a hard time believing the variety of discs is so great (I wish) that by Sector 2 you haven't found at least a couple of Caustic Emissions, if nothing else. And it's not like the strategy based on CEs is anything new that we just figured out this season.

I didn't see my first Caustic Emission until phase 3.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member

Realize too that not every player gets the exact same node maps, along with all different discs. You might find it "easier" on certain nodes, but other players have different teams on those same nodes. Last conquest I got a purple disc in sector 2! I guarantee that's a low percentage pull.

If players were at least given the choice of which discs to get after every sector boss fight, it would be different. But we're all given what RNG choices are given to us.

And frankly it's irritating that my "meta" and hard counter teams are getting slaughtered by the very teams they are supposed to beat anywhere else in the game. "Oh well we want this to be a challenge, so we made them relic 12 and put overprepared 45 on them, along with 7000 speed. Good luck!"
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited May 2022

You might be confusing high speed teams and tm train teams. Even with overprepared, every opponent should play before you only once. If they do more than that, it’s probably a tm train thing.
    And if you can’t beat a particular node even using different disks and consumables.. well, you’ve reached your glass ceiling. Maybe it’s harder for you this conquest, i feel your pain, but this is the way. Disks play a major role especially when you don’t have a wide roster than could find a use for different disk layouts. Sorry if you find it frustrating, but randomness is a way to keep things fresh. It’s already a chore because of some boring repetitive feats, it will be much worse without some randomness.

The variety of disks might not be great but the duplicates on every node make the variety even smaller and that's just good ol' RNG.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    I'm still trying to figure out how speed works in Conquest.
    I'm not sure how ewoks can get to 530 speed and go first before my SLKR. (he's at 100% too)
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Ryche wrote: »
    I'm not sure how ewoks can get to 530 speed and go first before my SLKR. (he's at 100% too)

Probably check the modifier.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

One of the dataminers from swgoh events discord server was able to datamine and calculate the speed of PvE units
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

Ask George Lucas. He’s the one that told us they were capable of destroying tanks with pebbles.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member

Because like in many events and content in SWGOH, CG does TM loading so the AI can take 1-15 turns before you get to move. It wouldn't be "challenging" if you didn't have to retry something 5 to 450 times after all.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    I watched an opponent go from 0 turn meter to completely filling it and taking turns outside of its turn. I don't think speed was ever a factor. They have cheating scripted right into the AI mechanics.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

Because like in many events and content in SWGOH, CG does TM loading so the AI can take 1-15 turns before you get to move. It wouldn't be "challenging" if you didn't have to retry something 5 to 450 times after all.

They actually stopped events having preloaded turn meter.
    From memory the last ones were Chewbacca/3PO?
    I watched an opponent go from 0 turn meter to completely filling it and taking turns outside of its turn. I don't think speed was ever a factor. They have cheating scripted right into the AI mechanics.

What was the enemy team? GG? JTR? Imp Troopers? Geos? Bad Batch? Old republic? All of these teams (and more) are common in conquest and have TM gain mechanics. If you let them get away from you, they will just keep on going.

The enemy does not have pre-loaded TM. Go into any battle with Han. He gets a bonus turn. If they had pre-loaded TM it would show right there. An example is the smuggler event. Those enemies start with pre-loaded TM. Take in Han and you'll see they have full TM bars to start (at least in the last wave for sure). Conquest enemies do not. They are just fast, or have TM gain mechanics, or get some bonus TM at the start (BB8 on a JTR team with R2 or KK on a Mon Mothma team).

None of this is the ai cheating. You can have the exact same bonuses using the same teams. The only extra bonuses are explained in the modifiers for each team.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

One of the dataminers from swgoh events discord server was able to datamine and calculate the speed of PvE units

Wouldn’t it be superb if CG actually did that? Instead of players needing to datamine what should already be provided?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Wouldn’t it be superb if CG actually did that? Instead of players needing to datamine what should already be provided?

I'm curious why you think they're obligated to give us that info.

I've played plenty of games where enemy stats are unknown. In fact the vast majority.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member

What was the enemy team? GG? JTR? Imp Troopers? Geos? Bad Batch? Old republic? All of these teams (and more) are common in conquest and have TM gain mechanics. If you let them get away from you, they will just keep on going.

The enemy does not have pre-loaded TM. Go into any battle with Han. He gets a bonus turn. If they had pre-loaded TM it would show right there. An example is the smuggler event. Those enemies start with pre-loaded TM. Take in Han and you'll see they have full TM bars to start (at least in the last wave for sure). Conquest enemies do not. They are just fast, or have TM gain mechanics, or get some bonus TM at the start (BB8 on a JTR team with R2 or KK on a Mon Mothma team).

None of this is the ai cheating. You can have the exact same bonuses using the same teams. The only extra bonuses are explained in the modifiers for each team.

When most characters lose their team and have no bonuses or abilities left to work with, then there is no way they should be capable of receiving unknown boosts of speed to take extra turns. I don't remember which character it was but I had them down to the last and they received full turn meter when they normally wouldn't have. I still managed to beat them anyway but I was pointing it out because of how noticeably wrong it was.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member

They actually stopped events having preloaded turn meter.
    From memory the last ones were Chewbacca/3PO?

I don't think so, there is one of the Event quests for scoundrels where Han didn't get the first shot in and the entire Empire side went first with about 6 turns.