Executor mirror match mystery

Heshtron
20 posts Member
edited May 2022
Good day, if someone can explain to me the madness (or ****?) behind the following mirror match outcome, it would be much appreciated:

I got my first hit out-speeded by my opponent, which makes no sense to me. Here are the stats:

My fleet speed:
-Exec 192 (84092 power)
-RC 186 (81016 power)
-Xan 179
-Hound 152

Opponents fleet:
-Exec 192 (83759 power)
-RC 179 (71928 power)
-Xan 180
-Hound 148

Of course, I lost that Mirror match and cost me a win. Can anyone explain to me HOW his Fleet hit first, when my speed/power was definitely higher, and relics as well.

Thanks in advance..
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Your Executor speed is the same as theirs so it is a coin flip to who goes first.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Heshtron
    20 posts Member
    @LordDirt thanks mate, didn’t know there was coin flipping algorithms lol guess their GA tactics and strategies have just reached a whole new level..

Cheers
  • Well if two characters or ships have the same exact speed, it has to be a coin flip that decides who goes first. How else could this be determined?…
  • Heshtron
    20 posts Member
    @Salatious_Scrum well IMO I could think of quite a bit so I’m sure they could come up with a factor, other than a coin flip.

-Fleet power;
    -Commander power;
    -starting Fleet overall power;
    -Commander speed; and
    -probably more, anything else but, Not a coin flip lol

At the very least, something we can plan and strategize around.

Cheers mate.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    You shouldn't lose by going second with those speeds. I run a 4* Exec and as long as my RC doesn't get killed before I can heal it, things go usually well (unless they get their DS before I do, but killing XB fast that usually don't happens).

It goes like this:

- Enemy Exe goes first, mass swarm your RC.
    - Your HT goes and taunts (enemy aoe will give him enough tm).
    - Your Exe takes turn, heals RC.
    - Your RC takes turn, hit HT.
    - Enemy XB takes turn, wastes his assist on your HT.
    - Your XB takes turn, assist his XB with your RC and get mark.

From there is just a matter of finishing off XB, without it you should get more breaches an a faster death star. Slave I as first reinf btw. As a 4* owner sometimes I get my RC wrecked before getting Exe's first turn (stupid speed scaling with starts), but with a faster Exe that shouldn't be an issue.

PS: I agree that coin toss on speed draws is a lazy solution, we shouldn't have to deal with that RNG, but my point is that in this case it can be overcomed.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    If you can't win by going second then you need to change your strategy. There will always be a bit of RNG to it though.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lowen
    10 posts Member
    I feel your pain. One day I win all my mirror matches. The next day I lose them all. Boggles the mind it does.
  • I found bringing Bando to R7 and Cad to R6 helped some in the RNG, enough that I haven't brought Cad to R7 like I thought I might have to.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.