I've been playing swgoh for a while now and need some advice / help with what teams to upgrade

Darth_Cozza
12 posts Member
edited June 2022
Need some advice on what teams work well together what I should be using out of what I have and what I should be going after please I'm level 85 and have allot of good stuff just IV coppied teams I have seen that beat me I don't understand the synergies or anything yet

https://swgoh.gg/p/611842757/characters/

Thanks in advance

Replies

• https://swgoh.gg/p/611842757/characters/
    There pretty sure that's the link to everything I have
  • I'm trying to create a Darth traya team and I use that Revan team usually just want a Darth Revan team and a Darth traya team
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    So my main question to you is: what is your end goal? What do you want to work towards?

You have a disjointed roster, with some teams partially completed, but then you have teams that are not really used in the later parts of the game.
    but i'm a year 6 player so i had more time to develop along certain paths.

I'll give you some advise on my thoughts next post. it's just gonna be a long one :D
  • Sorry I didn't realise U reply down the bottom I thought I had to click on your message
  • I just got my sith trooper maxed out level 2 don't know what it's called but how it glows red .only one I need now is the Sith marudere
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    Teams you have so far, but need work:

Padme, JKA, Ahsoka, GK, + ??? - you should look at heavily gearing Padme, at an early stage she is very important for GAS and is a pretty good team earlier in the game. In the end game she does lose viability but that’s because in GAC JKA gets put with Qui Gon, GK + Ahsoka go to JMK, which kinda leaves her short, but none the less is a good team early doors.

Emperor Palp, Vader, Mara Jade, + Empire x2 - This is a fantastic team, even with Mara Jade at low gear she really helps the turn meter train going even without her Omicron. She makes this team very strong on offence, and you don't need to gear her that high until she becomes accelerated. My advice would be to relic Palpatine, thrawn and Royal Guard as these are requirements for GL Sith Eternal Emperor so kinda gives you a couple teams as well.

501st Team - Shaak/GAS, Rex, Fives, Echo, Arc/other clone - This one may take some time but is well worth the slog. You will need to Farm Shaak Ti for GAS anyway so she is a good temporary leader with the other clones. Because of this it would be good for you to gear these guys up and putting the Zeta's on Fives is a must for this team once you have then at G12 minimum.
    - To get GAS you will need to focus on getting Asajj and the other droids up. This creates a very strong Grevious team, so worth looking at that too. You can gear the droids that are required for this event pretty high as they will be useful later in the game as well.

These are just some quick thoughts but if you have any questions about how you go about these or if you want our thoughts on your current farming let me know
  • I'm so sorry gk gas and jmk what do they stand for and I assume jka is Jedi Knight Anakin ? Thanks for the help I'm working on Padme now I didn't even realise the geonosians were strong enough to level her up yet
  • I played it stupid at first I leveled up and tried to get all the characters I love not thinking about teams or synergies I was using mix of dark and light for ages
  • The main person I have been gunning for is Malak
  • And what exact droids do I use in grevious I been working on B1 B2 and droideka
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    I'm so sorry gk gas and jmk what do they stand for and I assume jka is Jedi Knight Anakin ? Thanks for the help I'm working on Padme now I didn't even realise the geonosians were strong enough to level her up yet

GK - General Kenobi
    GAS - General Anakin Skywalker
    GG - General Grevious
    JKA - Jedi Knight Anakin
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    And what exact droids do I use in grevious I been working on B1 B2 and droideka

B1
    B2
    Droideka
    IG-100 Magnaguard
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    The main person I have been gunning for is Malak

Malak is a good character, but is incredibly time consuming to complete the event, and then farm his shards with Guild Event Tokens 1 (GET1) currency.
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    I played it stupid at first I leveled up and tried to get all the characters I love not thinking about teams or synergies I was using mix of dark and light for ages

Right now you have a decent Jedi Team with JKR (Jedi Knight Revan), Bastilla, Jolee, GK & Yoda. But as i said once you put Padme up there you will probably pull GK away and potentially Yoda too.
    Your Sith Empire team is pretty decent - DR(Darth Revan) Badstilla (Bastilla Fallen), HK, Sith Maruader, Sith Empire Trooper
    You should have a an Empire team - EP (emperor Palpatine), Vader, Mara Jade (Take her to Gear 8/9 minimum), then get whatever leftover empire or throw Dooku/other sith in there
    You then have Geo's
    Sith Triumphant is a 3 man team as it is.

With what you have as well you should look to build up your bounty hunters to get Chewbacca, who need strong Bounty hunters. I'd advise going for Boskk, Dengar, Boba, IG-88, & Cad Bane/Jango as they help you along the way to get Executor way down the road (except Jango) and also Cad Bane/jango are needed for Jedi Master Kenobi (JMK)

The game takes a long time. but i would suggest taking a note of what you currently have and what you are aiming to achieve. It can be frustrating the more you get into it. but it will keep you on track. I have a google excel sheet where i have requirements for each team/GL and i mark what i currently have, and then check back every week. this helps me keep focused.

bqnw3nezaldr.png

one final tip would be to not get distracted or side tracked as it can lead to difficulties in the short term, i.e. having 2 incomplete teams instead of 1 complete team and another work in progress. it is one of the hardest things sometimes as you passively unlock a character and get distracted and it can actually take longer to get where you planned to.
  • Ok this has been allot of help thankyou so much that's the team I mainly used jkr Jolee bastilla Gk and Yoda been working on empire thrawn palp and to get a empire team I didn't know I should be using.mara so I have her favriouted now to work on to and I just get wrecked from Revan and Malak teams so that's why I been chasing after him plus I love him as I said I went for all the characters I love first
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    Ok this has been allot of help thankyou so much that's the team I mainly used jkr Jolee bastilla Gk and Yoda been working on empire thrawn palp and to get a empire team I didn't know I should be using.mara so I have her favriouted now to work on to and I just get wrecked from Revan and Malak teams so that's why I been chasing after him plus I love him as I said I went for all the characters I love first

Yea mate no bother, I'd apply the zeta's on Mara Jade pretty quick as it really helps get them moving. The Omicron is good for Territory wars, but not vital. I'd also recommend making her very quick, the quickest character in that team as Speed will really help her get her first turn out the way (middle ability) then you can grenade everyone (right ability) and get even more debuffs, and then she stealth's as well.

Yea DR and Malak are tough, but GAS + 501st can easily counter him (but Gas is like Malek in that you need GET1 currency to unlock fully. Padme can also be used to counter Malak. If you get JKA up to relic and put a ton of offence and potency on him he can inflict healing immunity on Malak preventing that heal, and then you can slowly chip away at him. plus with padme her buff "Courage" gives you added offence against DR, Badstilla and other toons. but the Courage damage buff does not work on Malak, so just be careful with that once you have her up. Mod your Padme team with a load of Health, the more heath the better as she gives bonus protection based on each characters Max Health