Getting old with the GP disparity - every level is having this problem besides Kyber 1

12346Next

Replies

• You do understand I first said based on spending. Second those that are F2P would be encouraged to spend because most will either want to move up based on fair play and the balance. Most f2p are more discouraged by whales and those who spend. You want to encourage them to spend by showing they are matched by skill. Not the ability to spend. But then again I don't think you understand what makes people buy. Just what advantages you think your buying holds you over those who are easily discouraged.

But you're suggesting matching by GP again, right? This is about as far removed to 'skill' matching that you can get.

I agree that something should be done about sandbagging. However, all it needs is a tweak in my opinion. I don't think the system is broken.

I really really don't want to go back to GP match making (although I'd win a lot more). Watching your GP, but having to gear up trash characters for requirements, really isn't fun.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Each to their own. I'm 'pretty' happy with GAC. Personally, I don't think sandbaggers would put too many players off of spending. If you think about it, the more you spend, the less sandbaggers you'll see.

Except climbing as high as k1-k2 I don't think it's possible to not encounter sandbaggers by spending more. But then the term sandbagger in this case doesn't necessarily apply. People allow themselves to fall further than where they are competetive not to gain profit, but out of convenience and possibly dislike of the gac mode.
  • Ok let me rephrase:

If you think about it; the more you spend, the less sandbaggers you'll see, once you reach where your spending takes you.

Honestly though I think the only area that's a concern about sandbaggers/non-offence doers/occasional players is the lowest divisions.

Poo always ends up at the bottom.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Being is a lower tier for easier matchs and better rewards is a mistake. You'll lose on rewards (except very specific circunstances which involve not going to a lower division, so it's not the problem you're talking about).
    So even if players do this "for the rewards", CG can't adjust rewards to prevent that, because those players are wrong.

However, some players with big rosters are perfectly fine with a 50/50 win ratio at a lower tier, because it's less time consuming: it's an easy and swift victory when they decide to play 6 rounds out of 12 and they just don't engage the 6 other rounds. I agree that's it's a "fun" issue (not a reward issue though) because the opponent doesn't have a say in this situation. Whatever they do, the big guy decides who's gonna win.

Unfortunately, MM seems to work pretty well in the higher divisions, so it will be difficult to solve this problem without creating another one.
  • You do understand I first said based on spending. Second those that are F2P would be encouraged to spend because most will either want to move up based on fair play and the balance. Most f2p are more discouraged by whales and those who spend. You want to encourage them to spend by showing they are matched by skill. Not the ability to spend. But then again I don't think you understand what makes people buy. Just what advantages you think your buying holds you over those who are easily discouraged.

But you're suggesting matching by GP again, right? This is about as far removed to 'skill' matching that you can get.

I agree that something should be done about sandbagging. However, all it needs is a tweak in my opinion. I don't think the system is broken.

I really really don't want to go back to GP match making (although I'd win a lot more). Watching your GP, but having to gear up trash characters for requirements, really isn't fun.

Not just GP but as one of the factors. At low ends HP is a huge factor though. No way 2 gp isn't a deciding factor in championship. High end Not so much. I mentioned GP in this point because GLs are huge as well. It's just sad that those with less GP then me are dealing with people who have more GP than me and there won't be any relief for literally years. Unless they decide to whale, and even then, it would be months before they would see relief. That's not encouraging for anyone.
    I get it there will always be spenders and cheapskate. But the best influencer to spend for anyone , is knowing it gives you some advantage, be it short term or long term. And matching someone up like they did me. No one is going to plunk down big money that it would take, knowing it most likely will do nothing.
    As I said GP isn't the only thing, buy at low ends up to about 4.5 GP it is a huge difference. I run into many with a gl with less gp. But that was my fault on strategy. That or they spent money on the way to being a whale.
    Either way sandbagging is an issue. No one likes a cheater, except the cheater. To me sandbagging is cheating. Those that say it's okay, well it's okay now, until it effects them. Then it will be an issue.
    This was why I mentioned servers. Because sandbagging would be even less beneficial, as well as encouraging to f2p. You invest time building a roster, and you're just close enough to start making a huge difference or completing a quest. They spend. Because no one sees it still keeps it fair. Not everyone is going to spend 1,000s but you will see 1 000s spend a few bucks. And some once they spend. Will spend even more because the results will be encouraging to move up.

I will say I think gp is closer to skill though. Because who you build out is important. Not the overall GP. Two people with the same GP and one could destroy the other based on the toons each chose. I'm a prime example of that. I would actually lose more. Why? I'm balancing between two. Most go dark or light with only a few of the other. Early on it's a huge skill thing. At kyber? Not so much. Most have all the toons. Even then. When they bring out the inquisitors, which one each starts with can be a factor and gp doesn't matter.
    Hell at that point its about mods, alignment. That's skill, imo
  • GP is closer to skill than win Percentage? Personally, it seems to me you don't have the experience with the game yet to know all the variables. I've said all I want to say on the matters.

I think at this point we'll have to agree to disagree.
  • I didn't say just gp, but yes it is closer, when compared to win percentage, based on the fact that a lot of people win only because someone who should have easily won didn't win because they simply didn't try. I have won numerous times off that alone. Does it skew my actual win percentage? Absolutely. And I get matched up against someone who sand bagged and has 2 gp on me. Now I have no chance, and they shouldn't be that low. But like I said this isn't just gp, but should be one of the factors. That or say monitor the number of no effort losses so that they can't drop too low.
  • Cappie
    34 posts Member
    I'm in Bronzium 3. My current opponent has 7 mil GP. I have 4.4. They have 3 GL and 76 relic toons. I have 15 relic toons. How in the world can our skill level be comparable???
  • Cappie wrote: »
    I'm in Bronzium 3. My current opponent has 7 mil GP. I have 4.4. They have 3 GL and 76 relic toons. I have 15 relic toons. How in the world can our skill level be comparable???
    They haven’t won a match since mid April.

Your skill rating is comparable. Skill level isn’t a thing.
  • Cappie wrote: »

You complained last match up when faced by a guy with exactly the same GP as you...