CG_Tusken_Meathead
332 posts EA Community Manager
edited June 2022
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
ig89gl7jqx1y.jpg

UNIT NAME: Admiral Raddus
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Support, Leader, Rebel, Rogue One
A brilliant Rebel tactician who supports his allies by buying time for them to carry out their mission

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Protective Shot
1oc0p8rgnrru.gif

Final Text: Deal Special damage to target enemy and grant the weakest ally gains Protection Up (20%) for 2 turns.

SPECIAL 1: Inspiring Maneuver (CD:6) (Zeta)
k3hibhwpmodt.gif

Final Text: All Rebel allies gain Protection Up (50%) for 2 turns and recover 35% Max Protection. All ally Tanks gain Taunt for 2 turns. All Rogue One allies gain Spark of Rebellion for 3 turns, which can't be copied and call all Rogue One allies to assist. If target enemy is Dark Side and debuffed, increase their cooldowns by 1 (excluding Galactic Legends).

If all allies are Rogue One, reduce the Cooldown of Inspiring Maneuver by 2.

Spark of Rebellion: Gain 40% Offense and 30 Speed. When this character attacks, recover 20% Max Health and Protection. Empire enemies defeated by this character while this buff is active can't be revived. if Spark of Rebellion is dispelled, gain 40% Turn Meter, 5% Upload progress, and Protection Up (50%) for 2 turn

SPECIAL 2: Blue Squadron Air Support (CD: 3)
8fjbph3swlp6.gif

Final Text: Dispel all debuffs from all Light Side allies. Then deal Special damage to all enemies. If Admiral Raddus is in the Leader slot and not the ally slot, gain 5% Upload progress and if this ability defeats an enemy, gain an additional 8% Upload progress.

Leader - Rebel Assault (Omicron)

Final Text: For each Rogue One ally at the start of battle, Rogue One allies gain +10% Health, +12% Potency, +8 Speed, and +12% Tenacity. When an Empire enemy gains bonus Turn Meter, they are inflicted with Daze for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. If a Rogue One ally is critically hit by an enemy, that enemy gains Expose for 2 turns, which can't be resisted.

While in Grand Arenas: Rogue One allies gain 40% MAx Protection. At the start of battle, all Rogue One allies gain Spark of Rebellion for 3 turns. When Spark of Rebellion is dispelled on an ally, they gain Critical Chance Up, Critical Damage Up, Defense Up, Health Up, Offense Up, Potency Up, and Protection Up (20%), for 2 turns.

UNIQUE: Transmission from Scarif (ZETA)

Final Text: Admiral Raddus gains 30% Defense and 40% Tenacity.

If Jyn Erso is an ally, she gains Spark of Rebellion at the start of encounter and when Jyn Erso loses Spark of Rebellion, she gains Spark of Rebellion for 3 turns. While Admiral Raddus is alive, Jyn Erso can't be defeated.

If Admiral Raddus is in the Leader slot and not the Ally slot, he gains the granted ability, Hope.

Admiral Raddus gains 1% Upload Progress for each detrimental effect resisted by a Rogue One ally. Whenever a Rogue One ally deals damage to an enemy with Expose, Admiral Raddus gains 1% Upload Progress for each stack of Expose on that enemy. Whenever a Rogue One ally uses a Special ability, Admiral Raddus gains 2% Upload Progress. When Jyn Erso uses a Basic or Special ability, Admiral Raddus gains 5% Upload Progress. At 100% Upload Progress, Admiral Raddus gains a bonus turn.

Hope: Limit one use per battle. Requires 100% Upload Progress to activate. Revive all allies, and all allies recover 100% Health and Protection. Then, deal true damage to all enemies and inflict Protection Disruption and Healing Immunity for 4 turns, which can't be dispelled, evaded, or resisted.

GRANTED ABILITY: Hope
1020pow2n5i4.gif

Final Text: Limit one use per battle. Requires 100% Upload progress to activate. Revive all allies, and all allies recover 100% Health and Protection. Then, deal true damage to all enemies and inflict Protection Disruption and Healing Immunity for 4 turns, which can't be dispelled, evaded, or resisted.

Replies

• First, and new capital ship when?
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Hopefully after we get a ton of regular ships first.
  • Five are coming according to the data mine.
  • "grant the weakest ally gains" - excellent grammar
  • krennic buff when
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Rip Ackbar
  • Need like 20
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    I grant you the rank of over-granter
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Looks interesting, but hard to tell if it’s revolutionary for Rogue One like Mothma or Iden was.
  • Weird that they add a second rouge one lead, but make you want the only other leader in this squad too.

Loving this though!
  • Ah, the Winston Churchill of Star Wars
  • DonPuto
    371 posts Member
    I feel bad for Raddus. All his hard work led to a ship being named after him that some psycho Betty flew into another ship. What a legacy.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    zsvxkiaej4dj.jpg

My time has come!
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Weird that they add a second rouge one lead, but make you want the only other leader in this squad too.

Loving this though!

Same squad, jyn lead for TW and admiral raddus for GA?
  • Bummed that his in-game outfit isn't the cool teal color from the film and from his character portrait. And that one of his abilities isn't called "I Say We Fight" (Big miss there :) But thrilled he's in the game and seems like a potential good counter to Troopers?
  • The_Dandalorian
    50 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Looks like a great character. My only problem is that, I may be wrong, he uses the same animation as akrabar on his first 2 ability's. I may also be wrong on this, but I believe this is the first character since Sith marauder added to not have unique animations. it isn't a huge deal, I just like seeing unique animations.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Blue Wing / Squadron?
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    Nice animation on Hope buff Screen.
    For more buff like that.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    I don't think this is necessarily going to beat Palp lead, but it's clearly designed to swat Iden & Veers squads.

It also allows me to actually gear up my old RogueOne toons without regretting it. I never did the Ackbar/rebels fleet with Bistan, so I've got Bistan, SRPf, and Phoenix all below g12. If I'm taking more of Rogue1 to relic, I might as well include those two and beef up my Rebels fleet.

Of course, those come after Inquisitors and Malgus, so... not necessarily instantly. The only real good thing here is that they don't require any Kyros outside of the g12-finisher piece.
  • Why is Hope just as good if not better than starkillers star destroyer drop? Protection disruption and heal immunity? Starkiller deserved that, not a Marquee character. 🙄
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    Just noticed that Hope also allows you to nuke Nest. It will be interesting to see how often (and in what circumstances) that changes how Nest is used in GAC/TW.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Getting ready for the Andor show?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Blue Wing / Squadron?

We're going to get Antoc Merrick's X-Wing before Red Five.
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    "The Rebellion’s most prominent fleet commander, Admiral Raddus..." Raddus looks great, now when is Profundity coming! :) I'm so excited! I predicted this back in early April - https://youtu.be/Yx7BZmiCock
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    More fish!

Now do the Mon Calmari with the dope cable-knit sweater in season 2 of Mandalorian!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Players: We don't have enough ships for all the capitals.
    CG: Don't worry! We're going to take one of the fleets that can actually be filled and split it into two half-fleets!
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Looks like a great character. My only problem is that, I may be wrong, he uses the same animation as akrabar on his first 2 ability's. I may also be wrong on this, but I believe this is the first character since Sith marauder added to not have unique animations. it isn't a huge deal, I just like seeing unique animations.

Most characters with blasters share a Basic with other characters. Not sure about since Marauder. (Also why Marauder? His basic might be the same as Sid but his special’s definitely unique.)
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Most characters with blasters share a Basic with other characters. Not sure about since Marauder. (Also why Marauder? His basic might be the same as Sid but his special’s definitely unique.)

They're also technically incorrect, as Piett has minor retools of pre-existing animations, and Omega shares 2/3 animations with Nightsister Acolyte. Additionally, while not a character animation, the particle animation for "hope" and Blue Squadron Air Support is unique to Raddus.

However, they do bring up an interesting point: between animation reuses and the number of spelling errors in this kit reveal, Raddus feels somewhat.... Sloppy. It's like they didn't really care about him and just put him in to fill out a quota, even though his kit is unique among rebels, it just seems to be missing that something that previous releases have. He doesn't even have unique character art! They just reuse a promotional image of him, and the character model is the completely wrong colour (for his jacket)
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • TargetEadu wrote: »

They're also technically incorrect, as Piett has minor retools of pre-existing animations, and Omega shares 2/3 animations with Nightsister Acolyte. Additionally, while not a character animation, the particle animation for "hope" and Blue Squadron Air Support is unique to Raddus.

However, they do bring up an interesting point: between animation reuses and the number of spelling errors in this kit reveal, Raddus feels somewhat.... Sloppy. It's like they didn't really care about him and just put him in to fill out a quota, even though his kit is unique among rebels, it just seems to be missing that something that previous releases have. He doesn't even have unique character art! They just reuse a promotional image of him, and the character model is the completely wrong colour (for his jacket)

I didn't realize about omega. She looked unique to me, but now that you mention it, I see it. And yes, he does look kind of sloppy. I am thinking this is more of a piett situation. He is a good a good character, but he is intended for the capital ship. there is no way they aren't adding the profundity at some point.