Finn's new Omicron ...

Stenun
851 posts Member
edited June 2022
Finn's new Omicron ability reads as:
"While in Territory Battles and if there are no Galactic Legend allies: Resistance allies gain 60% Max Health and Max Protection. Enemies attacking out of turn deal 50% less damage. At the start of the encounter, revive all Resistance allies with 100% Health, recover 100% Protection, and gain Protection Up (100%) for 2 turns, which can't be dispelled or prevented, and Finn gains Determination for 2 turns. While Finn has Determination, Resistance allies are immune to critical hits, and have 100% counter chance. Whenever a Resistance ally uses a Special ability, dispel all buffs on target enemy, and inflict Expose for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted. Whenever another Resistance ally is damaged by an enemy attack, Finn has a 20% chance to gain 100% Turn Meter once per turn. If an enemy is damaged by a Resistance ally, for each Expose on them, deal additional true damage to all other enemies, then Resistance allies recover 10% Health and gain 2 Speed (max 60) for the rest of the battle."
Um ...
"At the start of the encounter, revive all Resistance allies ..."
Surely 'at the start of the encounter', nobody's been defeated yet so there's notbody to revive? Should it read 'at the start of each phase'?
Or is it the typo "Territory Battles" and in fact it's supposed to be for "Territory Wars" and this is a defensive Omicron?
Because reviving allies at the start of the encounter in a Territory Battle is meaningless ...
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• I believe in TB, each “battle” consists of several “encounters.” So each wave of each combat mission is an encounter. I assume that’s what the mean, even if it isn’t written that way. I have to assume that otherwise it’s completely useless lol
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    I believe in TB, each “battle” consists of several “encounters.” So each wave of each combat mission is an encounter. I assume that’s what the mean, even if it isn’t written that way. I have to assume that otherwise it’s completely useless lol

This is correct.

"encounter" refers to a raid phase/battle wave.

"battle" is from start to end, and is made up of encounters.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I liked it much, much more when I misread it as "Territory War." Figured it'd be a really interesting defensive team.

Still worth considering for TB, but I think I'll put it in the backburner for now.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I liked it much, much more when I misread it as "Territory War." Figured it'd be a really interesting defensive team.

Still worth considering for TB, but I think I'll put it in the backburner for now.

Same here. A Resistance TB squad is not what I am missing, tbh. Too many other better Omicrons needed first. But as you say, if it had been for TW then I would have loved it ...