Omnicron Advice

Xtreme_777
24 posts Member
edited June 2022
I’m trying to decide wether to put an Omnicron on Iden, Zam, or Qui-Gon. I don’t want to have to gear up an entire squad though.
Are there any characters that can benefit from the Omni without needing to be super high geared?

Here’s my swgoh.gg profile https://swgoh.gg/p/135724788/characters/
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Advice: there's only one 'n' in Omicron

Also, Iden can do work as she is but you will want to put some gear on your troopers. Zam would be my next recommendation.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Qui-Gon makes JKA super-deadly, so long as all the jedi in the Qui-Gon squad are Galactic Republic. That means you only have to gear up a single toon to get the smashing benefits, though you're much better off gearing up a strong tank as well.

Zam needs relics to get the most out of her Omi, but it's single-character focussed, so you TECHNICALLY only have to gear Zam...but of course it will work best if you have a minimally geared Dengar (for extra Thermal Detonators) and a relic Bossk to keep the enemy attackers away from Zam.

Truly the best bang for your buck is Wampa, since he's designed to work solo. You have no responsibility to gear up a separate tank or anyone else. That being said, you probably already have JKA at relics if you're a regular player who is earning Omicrons, and you probably also have at least one GR Jedi tank at relics (General Kenobi or Mace Windu or both). So although they require more characters to work their best, if you already have the couple of relic toons you need, then you have to consider your Wampa: If your Wampa isn't relic'd while those other toons are, then that turns into the bigger investment.

Overall, if you're looking for biggest reward with smallest investment, I'd say go Zam if you need an Omi on defense, Wampa if you need an Omi for offense, and Qui-Gon instead of Wampa if you need an Omi for offense and already have a lot of Galactic Republic jedi geared up to relics.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    +1 for wampa as a solid investment overall. Given that you or your opponents don't have BB in a workable state you can only gear up your Anakin to relics and put the omi on qgj. That single nuke will get the job done, all other jedi can be lower level.
  • Wampa all the way! I have him at R5 with his Omi and he totally wrecks other teams all by his lonesome. Do it!!
  • Whatelse73
    2149 posts Member
    Xtreme_777 wrote: »
    I’m trying to decide wether to put an Omnicron on Iden, Zam, or Qui-Gon. I don’t want to have to gear up an entire squad though.
    Are there any characters that can benefit from the Omni without needing to be super high geared?

Here’s my swgoh.gg profile https://swgoh.gg/p/135724788/characters/

Honestly at this point, I'd recommend just save it and keep working on the rest of your roster. What's the next team or faction you're working on? You have both GAC and TW omicrons already, so you're doing good with something at least. As difficult as it is, sometimes you should just hold onto a zeta or omicron or relic materials for a little bit longer to see what happens next.

Your QGJ is gear 5 or 6, your JKA is 5 Star and you don't have KAM yet, which provides a huge amount of oomph to JKA when he attacks before and after QGJ falls down.

Zam: A solid omicron, your BH are doing decently, but her omicron gives her stats to other BH. if she's still just G7 that won't be much to give.

Iden: the omicron gives her a boost, but her team is good even without it. Build her up a bit, I'd recommend Storm, Snow, Magma, and Starck with her. (Just bump starck up to 85) and that team will work great even without the omicron. Even with the omicron, Wampa with an omicron will wipe the team out, so it would be a waste for her team in a couple ways.

If the omicron is burning a hole in your pocket and you just want to spend it, put it on zam and pump some gear levels on her so she gives more benefit to the team.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    For no other toons to gear or Relic, it’s Wampa. He’s a beast on offense and can even clear out some SEE squads you may come across.

Otherwise for the ones you asked id go QGJ, Zam, Iden in that order
  • Whatelse73
    2149 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    For no other toons to gear or Relic, it’s Wampa. He’s a beast on offense and can even clear out some SEE squads you may come across.

He already has the omicron on Wampa.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Of those three I would say Qui-Gon Jinn. But the fact of the matter is that none of them are going to be particularly effective without a team.

Also worth mentioning to anyone who doesn't already have Wampa with its omicron that Wampa is THE MOST FUN character in the game. Slap all the zetas and omicrons and omegas and alphas and betas on that thing and have fun screaming at the sky and slapping anyone that hits you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

He already has the omicron on Wampa.

Didn’t check his GG account. But good! Second part of my post stands haha. That yeet blast from JKA is so fun to see
  • [quote="Whatelse73;c-

Honestly at this point, I'd recommend just save it and keep working on the rest of your roster. What's the next team or faction you're working on? You have both GAC and TW omicrons already, so you're doing good with something at least. As difficult as it is, sometimes you should just hold onto a zeta or omicron or relic materials for a little bit longer to see what happens next.

If the omicron is burning a hole in your pocket and you just want to spend it, put it on zam and pump some gear levels on her so she gives more benefit to the team.[/quote]

Thanks for all the advice, As painful as it is I’ll just sit on it. I’m hoarding gear for SLKR and then going for Jedi Knight Luke so neither path really leads to an Omni
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Xtreme_777 wrote: »
    [quote="Whatelse73;c-

If the omicron is burning a hole in your pocket and you just want to spend it, put it on zam and pump some gear levels on her so she gives more benefit to the team.

Thanks for all the advice, As painful as it is I’ll just sit on it. I’m hoarding gear for SLKR and then going for Jedi Knight Luke so neither path really leads to an Omni[/quote]

Funny you should say that. If you’re going for SLKR, then you could go for phasma’s for TW or FOTP for GAC
  • I’ve already got both of those