[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• I don’t even know why any of us even try in these forums..
    It’s not like CG ever listen!
  • Btw, my game’s crashing all the time again..
    How about you fix that!!
  • BobaFettish86
    588 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    So the road ahead was basically everything we already knew about, plus a ton of information about Datacrons. Goodbye to state of the gear-laxy then. What a joke that was. Maybe we can expect Datacrons to not be fully implemented next? Or perhaps a Revan Reborn event where we collect one half of his body, then the other and combine them in some freaky Frankenstein-style encounter.

Maybe next year they'll announce that omicron and datacron will be combined into their ultimate form...Unicron.
    Post edited by BobaFettish86 on
  • This would be a bit less bad if they hadn't cancelled the gear economy improvements.
  • They need to address gearing issues like they promised. Datacrons seem to be a step backwards in regards to that because of the relic requirements. Not to mention the 4M requirement for Hard Conquest and now the Proving Ground!! This will create a further division between early/mid and late-game accounts. They seem to really hate the idea of teams punching up with minimal resources. Now they are gating punch-ups behind datacron. Swgoh used to be about not bloating your account, now it seems like you should make a mad dash to 4M while going super-tall.

My prediction is that datacron vs datacron matchups will not make much difference, however datacron vs no datacron is just another huge headache in PVP. I regret spending money on the game.
  • Its crazy to think that there are many people who have been playing this game daily for nearly a decade. The sad part is the game has become overly complex with the kits, more monotonous, and overall LESS fun. How we are still unable to play any game mode with guildmates or friends is beyond me. (Raids is a minor exception, however I am taking away from their rewards the better I do (???).

The theorycrafting we all love so much, and what they are anchoring their latest feature on, has never been met with an opportunity to actually test out our theory. Unfortunately datacrons is no different and only makes the issue worse. Eventually we will all revert back to the means, which is apply something that is op to our gls, and they will continue to be the bottle neck in this game.

In the end, nothing has fundamentally changed. We only received another ecosystem (that no one asked for), that brings no further enjoyment to the game and only applies to pvp content (I wonder why that is....pit our money against each other which induces spending at ittle to no cost to them...pretty smart...eh).

Overall, the lack of ingenuity and innovation to find some other way to monetize, reduction in the grindiness, increase in bugs (which will only get worse over time), has killed this game.

I am not angry anymore, I used to be when I cared. But I find myself indifferent, which is quite possibly the worst outcome for CG. And I have a feeling I am not alone.
  • Mod economy improvements, mod qol improvements, gear 12 and under (phase 1 and 2 that were promised) economy changes, relic improvements (with the renewed focus and obvious admission that relic 5 is the bare minimum of interacting with your roster), major bug fixes, major matchmaking improvements in tw, major matchmaking improvements in gac, general qol improvements such as fleet load outs (the most egregious) and numerous others, an overview of where we're going in the near future ie next 3 months before the next road ahead, and real honest to goodness actual CONTENT. Guild content, ship content, personal content. For the love of all that is holy cg give us stuff to actually DO. That is fun.

Read this cg. Then read it again.

THIS. IS. A. GAME.

IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN.

All these things are things that ought to have been in the road ahead. Things we actually need and want in this game. Creating a new way for you to make money that is self sustaining because you take away the thing which is bought is not what we want. Take the money you are making and actually give us what we want. Stop making a this into a chore and a job that actually we lose money on. And make a game.

That is your job isn't it?
  • Datacrons I guess are cool. But here’s a fun idea. What if there was a panel of players (top players, content creators, basic polls for the community as a whole, live open Q&A on twitch or YouTube) where you listen to everyday players who spend time playing this game outside of your testing team and staff to discuss better ways to improve this game. I feel like I have heard so many things from the community on what they would like to also see added or fixed to this game. Maybe with your good ideas and some other good ideas from the community, we might actually make an amazing game that feels like it cares for the community. Because right now, it doesn’t feel like it, and I wish CG cared as much as this community.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kän_Ra wrote: »
    Datacrons I guess are cool. But here’s a fun idea. What if there was a panel of players (top players, content creators, basic polls for the community as a whole, live open Q&A on twitch or YouTube) where you listen to everyday players who spend time playing this game outside of your testing team and staff to discuss better ways to improve this game. I feel like I have heard so many things from the community on what they would like to also see added or fixed to this game. Maybe with your good ideas and some other good ideas from the community, we might actually make an amazing game that feels like it cares for the community. Because right now, it doesn’t feel like it, and I wish CG cared as much as this community.

There is at least a suggestion channel at the semi-official discord, but I'm not sure if they even read it, let alone seriously consider anything there.
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    this could be interesting, close the gap with david v goliath match ups and keep the game not be a fn bore/burnout. I actually had the same idea in my head a few years back: providing abilities/stats of your choosing to teams. can I have imp troopers turn train to my cls?
  • Whatelse73
    2159 posts Member
    GL's should've been the last characters to get datacrons. As if they aren't powerful enough as it is? Yes, there are non-GL teams that can beat them, but this just makes them excessively dumb. (JMK gets a datacron? really? The meta team in the game needs a datacron to make it even more stupidly OP why?)

CG needs to give us an update on the many other problems players are bringing up. (Malevolence bug, gear-laxy phases that seem to be stalled, lack of ships, new content that's actually new content.)

Telling us what you're working on next is fine, but there are lots of issues that we haven't gotten an update on yet, which I feel like should be communicated sooner rather than later.

I think the best explanation of datacrons someone's said is they are temporary omicrons.
  • Coran_Horn
    58 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    All major updates get worse and worse, nothing exiting but more and more complexity not answering any player wishes, just a new income mechanism for the stakeholders.I definitely think of not spending a dime anymore.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead how do you justify those moves when they are clearly against community wishes ? How do you answer us on the lack of complying with previous announcement like the second part of the gear crunch that never came ? Or the quality of life items that get more scarce each time ? Ships pre-sets would be a minimum by now…

I really wish we could be heard from time to time. You guys have made so many wrong moves in the past that you have all you need from past responses to make SWGOH great again. We are not asking you to destroy the game economy but to adjust the game so we notice that you guys hear the reasonable propositions that are being made from time to time.

Instead you make greedy and un-tasteful moves, that kind of sucks…
    Post edited by Coran_Horn on
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Datacrons I guess are cool. But here’s a fun idea. What if there was a panel of players (top players, content creators, basic polls for the community as a whole, live open Q&A on twitch or YouTube) where you listen to everyday players who spend time playing this game outside of your testing team and staff to discuss better ways to improve this game. I feel like I have heard so many things from the community on what they would like to also see added or fixed to this game. Maybe with your good ideas and some other good ideas from the community, we might actually make an amazing game that feels like it cares for the community. Because right now, it doesn’t feel like it, and I wish CG cared as much as this community.

There is at least a suggestion channel at the semi-official discord, but I'm not sure if they even read it, let alone seriously consider anything there.

Can you link this Discord?
  • I don’t even know why any of us even try in these forums..
    It’s not like CG ever listen!

Give them a suggestion that will make them more money. Then they will listen.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    You're not going to believe this, but the people on the forums are being overwhelming negative about something

Maybe because CG constantly do negative things? Maybe because they are so insanely lucky they have the Star Wars IP attached and if this game didn’t have Star Wars attached it would have failed 5 years ago?

Every addition CG creates is purely to either continuously move progression goalposts or rinse money from people. It says a lot that most of the time on this app isn’t even playing the game, but doing mundane farming/progression crap. And they don’t change cause people like you defend their ****

Here's the thing, no matter what that company does, all of you guys are going to be nasty and hateful about it

If I hated this game as much as the people on the forums do I'd uninstall in a heartbeat

Really, so what is the positive about this?
    Nauros wrote: »

Can you link this Discord?

https://discord.gg/swgoh
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »

Shaking up the meta every month to make every GAC unique and avoid boredom.

• Starslayer wrote: »

Boosting jmk, padme, bb, rey, secondary resistance, qgj, shaak clones and inquisitors isn’t really going to change tw/gac in a fun way imo. I think it’ll just limit counters and force players to play even more carbon copy matches/tws. Certainly there are broken datacron combinations besides the ones already pointed out.

So it’ll come down to who has more datacrons and the forums will be filled with complaints about the broken combinations. Some will be so bad that cg is forced to change them mid cycle and then the real fun will start.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

Well, I hope ur excited when meta team that u invested heavily gets beaten by a lesser team due to trashacon
  • Starslayer wrote: »

First half, yes. Second half, lulz. It's to keep spenders spending.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Its crazy to think that there are many people who have been playing this game daily for nearly a decade. The sad part is the game has become overly complex with the kits, more monotonous, and overall LESS fun. How we are still unable to play any game mode with guildmates or friends is beyond me. (Raids is a minor exception, however I am taking away from their rewards the better I do (???).

The theorycrafting we all love so much, and what they are anchoring their latest feature on, has never been met with an opportunity to actually test out our theory. Unfortunately datacrons is no different and only makes the issue worse. Eventually we will all revert back to the means, which is apply something that is op to our gls, and they will continue to be the bottle neck in this game.

In the end, nothing has fundamentally changed. We only received another ecosystem (that no one asked for), that brings no further enjoyment to the game and only applies to pvp content (I wonder why that is....pit our money against each other which induces spending at ittle to no cost to them...pretty smart...eh).

Overall, the lack of ingenuity and innovation to find some other way to monetize, reduction in the grindiness, increase in bugs (which will only get worse over time), has killed this game.

I am not angry anymore, I used to be when I cared. But I find myself indifferent, which is quite possibly the worst outcome for CG. And I have a feeling I am not alone.

Only if your indifference means you used to spend money and now don’t. CG is more indifferent but profitable because it’s Star Wars. Bit like, Disney…destroying the franchise movie after movie, series after series but the original stuff was so strong it carries it.
  • Piewalker wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Its crazy to think that there are many people who have been playing this game daily for nearly a decade. The sad part is the game has become overly complex with the kits, more monotonous, and overall LESS fun. How we are still unable to play any game mode with guildmates or friends is beyond me. (Raids is a minor exception, however I am taking away from their rewards the better I do (???).

Only if your indifference means you used to spend money and now don’t. CG is more indifferent but profitable because it’s Star Wars. Bit like, Disney…destroying the franchise movie after movie, series after series but the original stuff was so strong it carries it.

So true...am a f2p. So anything I do or say doesn't matter. I forgot about rule number 1.
  • Any body else noticed the pre programed stall on shard farming to 6*. Or my favorite reduced shard rewards when they are offering p2p shard pack for the character your farming.

I'll spend $ every now and then. I just do not spend when I'm scammed into it.
  • Any body else noticed the pre programed stall on shard farming to 6*. Or my favorite reduced shard rewards when they are offering p2p shard pack for the character your farming.

I'll spend $ every now and then. I just do not spend when I'm scammed into it.
    No, I don’t notice things that tinfoil hat-wearers invent.
  • I couldn't care less about datacrons, like omicrons I'm not going to be at the point in the game where they matter for quite some time. I care less now that they seemingly run on a separate currency - which I am particularly happy about. Ironically the leak seems to have been beneficial as it previously used other resources. Although I'm sure CG would claim this was always going to be the case - we will never know!

The fact that it's a seperate currency means that we should be getting excited about this new feature. Unfortunately CG has sold itself short by prioritising this money maker over the promised changes. Crumb recognised the detacrom controversy in the Hynsey stream. If they delivered on the gear changes or at least have the courtesy to update us on them, then we would be viewing this is a very different light.
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator
    edited June 2022
    I couldn't care less about datacrons, like omicrons I'm not going to be at the point in the game where they matter for quite some time. I care less now that they seemingly run on a separate currency - which I am particularly happy about. Ironically the leak seems to have been beneficial as it previously used other resources. Although I'm sure CG would claim this was always going to be the case - we will never know!

If anything it was beneficial for CG--maybe this was what we were already going to get. But because of the leak, now CG has room to say they listened to the community. We will never know.
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator

Well, I hope ur excited when meta team that u invested heavily gets beaten by a lesser team due to trashacon

If you use a lesser team with datacrons on a meta team what would you do on a lesser team with datacrons or the second meta team with datacrons on defense?
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead what About the relevant stuff like the promissed Gear economy changes half phase 1 still unapplied? And what about the phase 2???
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    October 21th 2021 (Aaaand) June 12th 2022, 0 info about.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited June 2022

First half, yes. Second half, lulz. It's to keep spenders spending.

The question was : ‘what is the positive about this ?’ I’m probably not special enough to be the only player that started to get a little bored with gac because once you get some practice, gac is an elaborate rps. If the datacron updates is well executed (and if it’s not a chore like mods), it will avoid boredom, at least for a while, at least for me.
    Only thing i find disappointing (so far) is the ‘abstractness’ of datacrons. Could have been vehicules, cannons, shield generators… anything that would come with a nice animation at the beginning of the fight when at level 9 with the associated character in it.