Prev13456718
wharp
212 posts Member
edited August 2022
I don't know from where you get your feedback, but I can't agree with this post.
Datacrons are a fun

If you look purely at game mechanics, yeah datacron are fun, but I feel like playing a poker game when trying to upgrade them and since it is RNG, it breaks GAC matchmaking, you need luck to get what you want (or money), and this is way too much RNG is this game ... IMO it would be more fun to make datacron like a talent tree from a RPG and less RNG (yeah, I hate this gambling mechanism). Having a peticular level mechanic much better than the others make the level entirely useless, they need to be fun and suits your play style or datacron are juste ++mods (all speed nothing else).
“Datacrons need to have a longer life span, I feel like I don’t get a chance to use them after upgrading them.”

I feel datacron should be synchronized with GAC, TW and Conquest, no longer than a season and as a F2P (but nearly end level), I got the level 9 datacron (the most funny part, sure) after the begining of the 1st GAC / TW, so we are already a week without the funny part of the datacron, but I am sure most of other players get their first level 9 datacron way later...
Maybe starting the GAC season and TW a bit later would be better ?
“I have so many Datacrons that I don’t or can’t invest in due to sheer volume.”

Yeah, we got too many useless datacrons, sure, RNG is (was?) pretty bad so why should we upgrade / reroll them? I can't believe that datacron mechanics have equal chance, they must be weigthed .... Or maybe people shoud just dismantle useless datacron and retrieve a part of the materials invested to upgrade them and upgrading other since the reroll cost goes up pretty fast...
After looking at the data we noticed

Raw data are just raw data, people tends to interpret them as it suits them, please share your sources or am I the only having trust issues? Because I feel like CG is missing the why there is so much datacrons collecting dust in their inventory, it might be true for some people but not for everyone.
I got a lots of datacron (level 0) at the end of the Conquest, and don't invest in them because I just can't use them without a full team at least R3, or I upgrade them until level 3 and I didn't get what I want so I keep upgrading other to level 3.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• CG_Tusken_Meathead
    333 posts EA Community Manager
    edited July 2022
    Hello everyone!

Thank you for reaching out to me via PM, Discord, Twitter, Forums, Pigeon, Fox, etc with your questions on Datacrons!

If specific Datacron A is in a GAC lineup, can it be used in a TW as well or is it no longer available to be used?
    • Much the same as units in your roster, you can use the same Datacron in GAC and TW. The squad locks differ between both modes and can be used in each independently.

During an average set, how many datacrons will I have and be able to apply?
    • That greatly depends on how many Datacrons you collect, the difficulty of Conquest you choose, the amount of energy you focus into Conquest Bonus Battles, and your Guild bracket in Territory Wars.

Can I use a datacron on a team that has some members at relic 5, some at relic 3 and will only the members at the different relic levels get the corresponding benefits? (I.e. Relic 3 gets the level 1-3 bonuses and Relic 5 gets the level 1-6 bonuses). Or must I have my entire team at the relic level higher in order to receive any form of bonus?
    • For Stat, Alignment and Factional Bonuses, the entire squad must be at that Relic level (or higher) to activate that Datacron level. For Character-specific Bonuses, that specific Character must meet the Relic requirements in addition to all previous Bonus Mechanics being active. In the above example all members will get the bonuses from levels 1-3 because the entire squad is Relic 3 or higher.

Will rewards scale for TW? Will Guilds be able to bring less people and fight lower level Guilds to earn the same amount of rewards they should be getting at a higher level?
    • Datacron rewards change based on Guild GP and TW reward bracket, similar to other Relic materials. The higher the guild GP, the better the rewards and emphasis on winning.

How much community feedback will you (CG) take into account during the Exhibition period? What things will you be looking for from us as the users?
    • In addition to looking at all the metrics for Datacron acquisition, use, and upgrading, we will be looking at the community feedback for what is fun and what pain points are outside what we had intended.

How are the factions and characters determined for each set?
    • When figuring out which factions to focus on in each set, we want to make sure that the same factions/characters aren’t repeated within either co-existing sets or adjacent sets.

During 6/14 through 7/10 - Can you use datacrons anywhere or are you just assembling them? This indicates you cannot use them in battle until 7/11 - 9/4. Is that correct?
    • At launch they will be available for use in Territory Wars and Grand Arena allowing them to be used when those modes are active. In the near future you will be able to use them in Squad Arena as well, allowing you to use them immediately.

Will they be randomly generated or will each sector have a specific datacron? If random, will a system be in place to prevent a player from getting the same datacron in every sector?
    • At launch Datacrons drop completely blank and only roll a bonus for a particular level when that level is unlocked.

Do Datacrons have an inventory limit? If so, how many?
    30 per set

Can you clarify the terminology used in Datacrons? What are Stat Levels? What is a Bonus Stat / Bonus Mechanic?
    • Stat and Mechanic Levels simply refer to the Datacron levels that grant the corresponding type of bonus.
    • Bonus Stats are stats that apply to all members of the squad when activated. They can have a range (e.g. 10-20% Max Health).
    • Bonus Mechanics modify existing abilities or grant new abilities to the targeted members of the squad when activated.

Do Mechanics all have the same % chance to get re-rolled in a tier?
    • At launch, each Bonus Stat shares the same chance of rolling, though this may change for future sets. However, the range for the stat (e.g. 10-20%) will have an equal chance to roll within that range.
    • At launch, Bonus Mechanics have varied/weighted chances of rolling.

Are the Conquest Bonus Battles guaranteed to drop a Datacron?
    • With every success of a Bonus Battle you will earn Datacron, Datacron Currency, and/or Datacron Materials.

Are Conquest Bonus Battles repeatable with rewards?
    You betcha!

What kind of time investment is expected for datacrons?
    • We are always concerned with the amount of time required in different game modes for both Players and Guild Leaders. We will be monitoring how this affects Players and will look into ways to alleviate issues.

Why invest in something temporary?
    • Datacrons were specifically designed to not interfere with your current goals and aspirations, but rather to refresh the meta at the high end of play. We still fully expect you to be chasing that GAS or SLKR uninterrupted by this new dynamic system. In addition to that, Datacrons will allow for Players to flex their strategy and theorycrafting muscles inside of Grand Arena and Territory Wars.

What is Data-cache?
    • It’s the currency you use to upgrade your Datacrons and will persist from set to set. The current cap for this is 30,000,000.

ADDED QUESTIONS:

Is there any concern about certain Datacrons causing infinite loops? Aayla and Finn's (under JTR) Bonus Turns on Stuns and Mara Jade's CD Reduction both seem like they could cause infinite TM or even Bonus Turn loops, with maybe a few others.
    • In general, we don't want infinite loops and will intervene if necessary. Some Datacron mechanics could lead to a character or squad taking many turns in a row; most have weaknesses, though. In the example of Aayla, sure, she can continue to take bonus turns back to back, but she has to Crit (no Crit Immunity), pass a resist check (base 15% will still apply), and then not face any kind of reactive TM (e.g. Rex). So there are multiple steps at which to defend against the mechanic.

If we re-roll a datacron (i.e. Tier 9 character roll), are we guaranteed a different result than the current character?
    • Yes, but note that for Bonus Stats, you could roll the same Bonus Stat again with a different magnitude.
    • However, to get technical, you could have one Mechanic, reroll off of it to something new, and then reroll again and be presented with what was originally on there again.
    • Also note, that when you reroll, you are presented with 3 options: The original value and 2 new options.

Will datacrons lock like mods when joining GA?
    Yes
    During GA setup phase will we be able to see which datacrons our enemy has available?
    Yes
    If yes to question 1 and 2: will we be seeing the live version or the locked (please, please, please) version of the datacrons?
    The locked version

Can you use a datacron on an undersized team and will it activate the bonus ? Ie if I have an R7 wampa will he be able to go solo with a datacron ? Another example is if I have 4 characters at R5 and one at g12 (like my BB) can I just take the 4 and get the datacron bonus?
    • Yes, Datacron levels can activate when there are fewer than 5 members in the squad.

Thank you again and we look forward to you getting Datacrons in your hands.

Please feel free to leave any additional questions in the comment section below and I will try to get them answered.

Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Is there any concern about certain Datacrons causing infinite loops? Aayla and Finn’s (under JTR) Bonus Turns on Stuns and Mara Jade’s CD Reduction both seem like they could cause infinite TM or even Bonus Turn loops, with maybe a few others.
  • While I like the idea broadly, the specific implication of a “power subscription” is annoying to me
  • Fatal1tyv2
    36 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    While I like the idea broadly, the specific implication of a “power subscription” is annoying to me
    I'm sure you'll still buy them
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • So.....nothing about letting us interact with datacrons more with easing the gear crunch.
  • kevin82262
    24 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    I dont like datacrons ,investing resources in something temporary, however few they may be, is an extremely pointless thing, it is only intended to get more money in the most usurious way that exists, this game has a wide range of options to make it new again, and the last that should be implemented has been these "datacrons".it's easier to make money doing the things you have to do in this game which I'm not going to say since we all know that, than it is to implement these temporary "datacrons" aggressively in the game for the sole purpose of getting a few dollars to some clueless.
  • Datacrons were specifically designed to not interfere with your current goals and aspirations, but rather to refresh the meta at the high end of play. We still fully expect you to be chasing that GAS or SLKR uninterrupted by this new dynamic system. In addition to that, Datacrons will allow for Players to flex their strategy and theorycrafting muscles inside of Grand Arena and Territory Wars.

Okay - any form of paywall on Datacrons is heavily conflicting with my goals.

Do you mind fixing it before they go live?
  • Given, in your words, Datacrons are "...to refresh the meta at the high end of play", what tools are you introducing to help manage TWs at that level?
  • 1. Will datacrons lock like mods when joining GA?
    2. During GA setup phase will we be able to see which datacrons our enemy has available?
    3. If yes to question 1 and 2: will we be seeing the live version or the locked (please, please, please) version of the datacrons?
  • MJZimmer88
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    If we re-roll a datacron (i.e. Tier 9 character roll), are we guaranteed a different result than the current character?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    • With every success of a Bonus Battle you will earn Datacron, Datacron Currency, and/or Datacron Materials.

You betcha!

So it's like mod farming but with Conquest energy and without simming ?

Yeah, I don't like that at all.

• rm1969
    15 posts Member
    Can you clarify the wording on this ability? "Whenever Dark Side allies inflict at least 4 debuffs in a turn, they have a 10% chance to reduce their cooldowns by 1 for each debuff they inflicted that turn." Does that mean there is a flat 10% chance per defuff to reduce cooldown or does it mean that if they (for example) inflicted 10 debuffs there would be a 100% chance (10 x 10%) to reduce cooldowns by 1?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »

You betcha!

Simming isn't a good idea because you also have to complete conquest feats such as winning 14 times with Inquisitor faction etc

Sounds like you are getting materials while completing your feats after clearing Sector 5 which doesn't sound too bad and makes the grind of conquest after Sector 5 completion not as bad as it currently is (since we don't get any materials right now)
  • No one in their right minds will want to farm something that is temporary. As you said, people will be chasing legendaries or GLs still. Which begs the question: why add something into the game that’s not going to be intentionally farmed and is also temporary? Why add it at all???

You’ve made it less likely that people are going to spend money.
  • Is there any reason to care about datacrons if you don't care about GAC or TW?
  • Is there any reason to care about datacrons if you don't care about GAC or TW?

No
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Sounds like you get more materials on winning TW itself
    Datacrons will allow for Players to flex their strategy and theorycrafting muscles inside of Grand Arena and Territory Wars.

But TW is a pain to manage and very unpredictable since every player will have a different faction / toon bonus, it kinda makes TW into a RNG mix and match since 24 hours isn't enough time to plan for 50 players, not really seeing how it'll help the guild flex their strategy at all

They have a ticking clock, and a large number of players with very different bonuses, and lots of zones to clear
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Ultra wrote: »

You betcha!

Simming isn't a good idea because you also have to complete conquest feats such as winning 14 times with Inquisitor faction etc

Sounds like you are getting materials while completing your feats after clearing Sector 5 which doesn't sound too bad and makes the grind of conquest after Sector 5 completion not as bad as it currently is (since we don't get any materials right now)

Fair point. If it's a node I can farm, as it depends on the team there.

Anyway, at the end of the day, it just means I'll fight the same battle even more than before because if I want to be efficient, I'll probably use my 3x50 refreshes everyday during the entire conquest to get as much datacron materiel as I can get. So Conquest will be even more of a chore than before.

Edit: if you want to make me spend my time and crystals for refreshes on Conquest, put the materials in every node and let me choose which node I want to farm, it will be less of a chore. Or even better, don't make bonus battles repeatables, or with materials associated to feats to make me fight the node several times with a different team.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Oh Yes, i have some questions:

Where it's the Gear economy changes? Since october 27th 2021 nothing new from the half phase 1, we Are on june 4th 2022, still nothing new about the missing half of phase 1, still nothing new about announce phase 2. Isn't enough time to change, maybe, a single number on hard nodes???

Why differenciating AGAIN now with ratacrons the ones you can get on normal conquest vs the ones from hard?

Why having to face on GAC such discrepancy on GP? Now with Ratacrons it's going to be a massive headache
    Why proving grounds have a requeriment of 4m GP When It wasn't announced and make people to WASTE RESSOURCES on getting More units to the requeriment?

Why omicrons are Made for specific mode? It should be just PvP or PvE.

Where it's the CATCH-UP mechanics?? I read about this but only thing i can do it's just laugh (because reading incoherent arguments and lot of lies....).
    Where is the QoL that this app it's lacking?
    Where is the sim on Sith triumvirate?
    Anyone from the Devs really play this app???
  • I’m not sold. Making thing even more complicated along with temporary isn’t a recipe for success. A lot of people just want to get in and get out play a little while and be done. They’ve managed to force them either to do more or care less.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Sounds like you get more materials on winning TW itself
    Datacrons will allow for Players to flex their strategy and theorycrafting muscles inside of Grand Arena and Territory Wars.

But TW is a pain to manage and very unpredictable since every player will have a different faction / toon bonus, it kinda makes TW into a RNG mix and match since 24 hours isn't enough time to plan for 50 players, not really seeing how it'll help the guild flex their strategy at all

They have a ticking clock, and a large number of players with very different bonuses, and lots of zones to clear

You got that right. Nightmare for officers in a TW focused guild.
  • rm1969
    15 posts Member
    PumaK wrote: »
    Oh Yes, i have some questions:

Where it's the Gear economy changes? Since october 27th 2021 nothing new from the half phase 1, we Are on june 4th 2022, still nothing new about the missing half of phase 1, still nothing new about announce phase 2. Isn't enough time to change, maybe, a single number on hard nodes???

Why differenciating AGAIN now with ratacrons the ones you can get on normal conquest vs the ones from hard?

Why having to face on GAC such discrepancy on GP? Now with Ratacrons it's going to be a massive headache
    Why proving grounds have a requeriment of 4m GP When It wasn't announced and make people to WASTE RESSOURCES on getting More units to the requeriment?

Why omicrons are Made for specific mode? It should be just PvP or PvE.

Where it's the CATCH-UP mechanics?? I read about this but only thing i can do it's just laugh.
    Where is the QoL that this app it's lacking?
    Where is the sim on Sith triumvirate?
    Anyone from the Devs really play this app???

Unfortunately I don't think we are getting any of these promised improvements/changes anytime in the near future...if at all.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

You betcha!

So datacrons will make conquest even more of a chore without any of the QoL improvements we’ve been asking to get implemented for over a year now. Sounds….fun
  • “At launch, Bonus Mechanics have varied/weighted chances of rolling”

Where can we find these weights?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    “At launch, Bonus Mechanics have varied/weighted chances of rolling”

Where can we find these weights?

I think knowing the odds of what you are rolling for (for example, GL bonuses for Level 9) is important if its weighted

Okay - any form of paywall on Datacrons is heavily conflicting with my goals.

Do you mind fixing it before they go live?

they've already stated you'll earn materials through conquest battles, so there's no paywall.
  • What QOL is CG planning on implementing for guild officers since they're planning on increasing our workloads even more in TW?
  • IronCross wrote: »
    I’m not sold. Making thing even more complicated along with temporary isn’t a recipe for success. A lot of people just want to get in and get out play a little while and be done. They’ve managed to force them either to do more or care less.

if you're already ignoring most of the game by "playing a little while" then it won't much affect your experience.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    I’m not sold. Making thing even more complicated along with temporary isn’t a recipe for success. A lot of people just want to get in and get out play a little while and be done. They’ve managed to force them either to do more or care less.

if you're already ignoring most of the game by "playing a little while" then it won't much affect your experience.

Yes it will. If you don’t have the time to build a Datacron set and your GAC / TW opponents do, you’ll go down in GAC rank quite a bit and/or end up contributing less in TW. And Datacrons need to be redone nearly entirely each month unlike mods or gear.
This discussion has been closed.