Hack is real, its like magic

Replies

• Destark
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    reizse wrote: »
    jesse has asked us not to include conversations between support and ourselves on the forums. those are meant to be private.

other than that, just have to have faith that the Team will do what's necessary. it's a lukewarm answer, but ultimately, there's not much else we can do other than to report the cheating (and just once, per player).

in my experience working as a community manager for mobile games, submitting additional tickets for cheating for the same player (or any issue, really) just slows down the rate of processing, as someone has to spend time clearing these tickets instead of actually checking for the alleged cheating.

I would never put any real conversations with a support like Jesse or JediOne on the forums, however that email is clearly an auto-reply, lets be honest, if the support actually read my report then he wouldn't use sentence like " thank you for informing us about this player or group of players ", but I do understand its Christmas, things move slowly :) Im just trying to keep people informed about the progress as objective as I can
  • If you've seen this occur in other games like this, you'll know that it's hard for companies to tackle these issues. In the case of blatant cheating as was shown, there may be a chance perhaps although I do wonder if a player who makes purchases would then have recourse to get a refund on those purchases and make it a big deal, therein lies the trouble...
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    TLDR. But. Glad ea let this one be posted. Its difficult to call out a cheater. And even more difficult for ea to agree hahahahhahaha
  • If you've seen this occur in other games like this, you'll know that it's hard for companies to tackle these issues. In the case of blatant cheating as was shown, there may be a chance perhaps although I do wonder if a player who makes purchases would then have recourse to get a refund on those purchases and make it a big deal, therein lies the trouble...

It's pretty hard to detect since they're modifying what's happening game side, but not rewards etc that would be detected server side. I'm sure there's ways to catch them like watching for battles that are over more quickly than should be possible, but it's not easy.

• These are the issues that ruin games. I've faced a couple players that dodge every attack and stunned every turn even though I was stronger. I suspected them of cheating but to this day I doubt anything has been doing anything about it.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The fastest I personally been able to clear a team is around 90 seconds. I personally had my Jedi team almost obliterated within 30 seconds by a droid heavy team... So the thirty second thing I don't think is indicative of everything... However the teams posted, I can't see them beating anyone within 3 minutes nevermind 30 seconds...

There is something that has to be said about power levels though.. they can be very misleading... As I posted elsewhere, more often than not I have better success against people with 21k power rating and I can easily struggle against someone with 17k when my own power level rating is 18k... Power rating unfortunately don't take into account certain characters have better synergy together than others... MOre often than not I found higher power level teams have horrible synergy hence why I find them easier, but lower level teams have much better synergy hence my struggles against them
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    These are all good points. Practically every game on Android and Windows even has a hack or mod, it's part of the business. EAs concern will basically be server-side hacks that would affect income whereas client-side hacks like this don't affect business so fixing them is also lower priority, keep this in mind.

Remember, the cheaters have weak teams that don't match their rank in PVP. What will occur is that team will drop hundreds of places in rank daily when the player is not playing so what benefits does the cheat provide anyway?? You could get sniped here and there but their success is fleeting and in need of constant, costly maintenance. Spending crystals to hold position doesn't seem fun to me...
    Post edited by ioniancat21 on
  • In my defence for him....He is not cheating...after seeing the team comparison between him and that guy...The strong guy "looks" strong but he got only 2 real damage players in ashoka and luminara while the other 3 not so much helpful....Say, the weaker guy got lucky (as I was experienced, someone dodged my 3 ultimate attacks in a row that makes me lost momentum and they can healed that guy and won the game).....I experienced many times defeated people with 4k++ power level (well my team comparison is kryptonite against them though) and with SO LITTLE LUCK also (I know it was 7k differences compares to mine 4k).

Please do not jump to the conclusion as POWER does not guarantee you a win and OFFENCE team has HIGHER chances to win the match against stronger Defences along with team comparison (It is AI skills hey). :)

Would love to see the result of the investigation but my statement still "not guilty" unless its proven.

About your second question "This is 5:59:46, power 11540 beats power 18524 under 30 seconds"

No bro...it was not exactly 30 seconds...ok here is the case, At 5.55.15 He started the match and attacked that strong look guy team and won the match after 4 mins and 31 seconds which will finish 5.59.46, therefore it ooks like he won the match under 30 seconds ( you might refresh the rank ladder at 5.59.43 or something while the match hasnt finished yet at that time)....We called it last second snipe :)

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Im not completly sold that the battle was a 30 sec battle. Just because he found the guy in said rank then 30 sec later he had mived up foes not mean he started the battle when he was found at said rank. That battle could have well been underway fir 3 min + by the time he was spotted in said rank.

Its good to be observant etc but witchhunting ppl because you "think" they are cheating is counterproductive to the player base. I wouod not like being called a cheat since im not so if the community were rallying behind partial info like whats happening here rather then getting all the facts first, i would be discouraged from even playing and feel unwanted.

Tread carefully, its not our job to be the police. Never assume anything based on partial info and wait for a conclusion before judging.

Im not sayin guilty or innocent because its not my business, my place, nor is enough evidence presented here to even hint at cheating imo
  • **** wrote: »
    These are the issues that ruin games. I've faced a couple players that dodge every attack and stunned every turn even though I was stronger. I suspected them of cheating but to this day I doubt anything has been doing anything about it.

It was the devs programs to "balance" the game. happened to me many times...If you lost, then rematch again that team again and you will see "SO HUGE" differences in terms of dodging, hitting and result.
    These are all good points. Practically every game on Android and Windows even has a hack or mod, it's part of the business. EAs concern will basically be server-side hacks that would affect income whereas client-side hacks like this don't affect business so fixing them is also lower priority, keep this in mind.

Remember, the cheaters have weak teams that don't match their rank in PVP. What will occur is that team will drop hundreds of places in rank daily when the player is not playing so what benefits does the cheat provide anyway?? You could get sniped here and there but their success is fleeting and in need of constant, costly maintenance. Spending crystals to hold position doesn't seem fun to me...

This guy always hates F2P or weaker power level team but has better rank than him since he always lose to those people. Do not listen to this guy. He only loves himself. Ow yes and here is a gift for you...

2 Days ago.

30ws80p.png

Today.

jhe9a1.png

haters are always gonna hate. and Yes I want to show off.

Good luck with the investigation.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Im not seeing how this could be a hack. Ive also beaten people with 4000 power over my own, with f2p characters.

For the time difference, its possible that he was ALREADY in battle during your first screen shot, and just got done wrapping it up during your second screen. Your time stamps mean nothing

I hope this gets investigated before penalizing him. It would be terrible if he worked hard and played the game good, only to be banned because someone got jealous.
  • AdamW wrote: »
    Im not seeing how this could be a hack. Ive also beaten people with 4000 power over my own, with f2p characters.

For the time difference, its possible that he was ALREADY in battle during your first screen shot, and just got done wrapping it up during your second screen. Your time stamps mean nothing

I hope this gets investigated before penalizing him. It would be terrible if he worked hard and played the game good, only to be banned because someone got jealous.

Finally someone that has experiences in this game...thank you...so many "pro" does not know about how to snipe top 3...hahaha....
  • Pathetic.... Just because some one uses strategy and skill to beat you doesn't make them a cheater.
  • Wow, my bad. Figured the information was valid. Anyway, don't be too concerned over this whole cheating thing, your real team will persevere...
  • How hard can it be or how long can it take to immediately seek out this player and looking into the situation? Seems like they really don't care if a cheater is stealing from them or ruining other paying customers gameplay.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Of course an answer to an as yet uninvestigated claim must be very formal and "lukewarm"? Rumors and faulty assumptions are legion in this game. Take for instance the infamous multiple draws "shards bug" that people still keep making up crazy theories about, despite a provided explanation.

There's also **** bullying. As developer/moderator you always gotta stay neutral so you don't inadvertently team up with a bunch of **** bullies who take the chance to mass report a victim.

It's holiday times and this game is still just new. I'm sure cheaters will be found and dealt with as soon as the GC schedule allows. Cheaters ARE, after all, bad for business. And bad for the community.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    For some reason the word syber (with a c) is censored in the post above? That's... Unexpected.
  • Pay 2 Win players always think Free 2 Play players cheat when we win fair and square lol I love the feeling of beating somebody who spent 1000$ on the game
  • The only thing that scares me is that people could falsely accuse a person and if this happened, what recourse would you have to dispute it??? This is a very slippery slope...
  • Destark
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    In my defence for him....He is not cheating...after seeing the team comparison between him and that guy...The strong guy "looks" strong but he got only 2 real damage players in ashoka and luminara while the other 3 not so much helpful....Say, the weaker guy got lucky (as I was experienced, someone dodged my 3 ultimate attacks in a row that makes me lost momentum and they can healed that guy and won the game).....I experienced many times defeated people with 4k++ power level (well my team comparison is kryptonite against them though) and with SO LITTLE LUCK also (I know it was 7k differences compares to mine 4k).

Please do not jump to the conclusion as POWER does not guarantee you a win and OFFENCE team has HIGHER chances to win the match against stronger Defences along with team comparison (It is AI skills hey). :)

Would love to see the result of the investigation but my statement still "not guilty" unless its proven.

About your second question "This is 5:59:46, power 11540 beats power 18524 under 30 seconds"

No bro...it was not exactly 30 seconds...ok here is the case, At 5.55.15 He started the match and attacked that strong look guy team and won the match after 4 mins and 31 seconds which will finish 5.59.46, therefore it ooks like he won the match under 30 seconds ( you might refresh the rank ladder at 5.59.43 or something while the match hasnt finished yet at that time)....We called it last second snipe :)
    You clearly didn't read my full post, I refreshed every second and knew exactly when he became Rank 3, and you can see from his heroes health bars, not even geared up yet, Worban Warhammer is my ally, his Asyla and Kit Fisto are 6*, damage is like a truck, especially Asyla with her high hp, counter and summon another hero during attack. 4k power difference can be overcomed, 7k with 7 level difference with the gear leap between IV to full VII cant not, there is no skill involved when most of your heroes can't survive the first round, and for those who are still in denial, I found the hack mod and tested it on my jailbreak iphone, works like wonders, I just want them to fix the one shot kill client side mod
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Funny though, what's the point in winning if you cheat? Just seems weird to me. Now if I could cheat myself 30000 crystals to be able to buy lots of chromium without spending a fortune well I might be tempted. But to autowin battles with weak characters??? Would just take all the fun out of the game for me.
  • Destark
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The only thing that scares me is that people could falsely accuse a person and if this happened, what recourse would you have to dispute it??? This is a very slippery slope...
    Pay 2 Win players always think Free 2 Play players cheat when we win fair and square lol I love the feeling of beating somebody who spent 1000$ on the game

I dont mind F2P players beating paying players, like Nikky Fox and Wallee on my server, they are F2P with all farmable teams and low level beating P2W players every day, they are dedicated players with heroes gears and stars up to date, I respect that, but not with people who are using a 3* team and too lazy to farm gears using v0.2.10 one shot kill Cheats like the guy in my post
  • Crittik
    105 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Easy way they could fix this problem of players accusing others of cheating is to simply add a replay option for all pvp arena fights you have been involved in, so you can see how you lost. Just like every game like this one out there has this option. Good idea huh EAjesse ;)
  • RonTom wrote: »
    Funny though, what's the point in winning if you cheat? Just seems weird to me. Now if I could cheat myself 30000 crystals to be able to buy lots of chromium without spending a fortune well I might be tempted. But to autowin battles with weak characters??? Would just take all the fun out of the game for me.

That's my thought as well and I expect these players will get bored and quit after the fun of stealing first place wears off....
  • This guy didnt cheat. He is just better than you at using his characters potentials. Quit being jealous and auto battle the rank 1 spot, that guy took care of the hard part for you, instead of reporting him you should be thanking him for making it easy to take the rank 1 spot. No issue since he has much lower power than yours,

Im not seeing why your so upset by this. Everyone I have beaten with 4000 more power than me probly thought the same thing, but if you can get over yourself, you will realize how easy the game is atm.
    This guy didnt cheat. He is just better than you at using his characters potentials. Quit being jealous and auto battle the rank 1 spot, that guy took care of the hard part for you, instead of reporting him you should be thanking him for making it easy to take the rank 1 spot. No issue since he has much lower power than yours,

Im not seeing why your so upset by this. Everyone I have beaten with 4000 more power than me probly thought the same thing, but if you can get over yourself, you will realize how easy the game is atm.

This is food for thought. I'm sure plenty will blame cheating on losses. What I worry about is skilled players getting trouble for doing nothing wrong. I smell a witch hunt coming....
    This guy didnt cheat. He is just better than you at using his characters potentials. Quit being jealous and auto battle the rank 1 spot, that guy took care of the hard part for you, instead of reporting him you should be thanking him for making it easy to take the rank 1 spot. No issue since he has much lower power than yours,

This is food for thought. I'm sure plenty will blame cheating on losses. What I worry about is skilled players getting trouble for doing nothing wrong. I smell a witch hunt coming....

If the 30 second win thing is true then that pretty much indicates a cheat. I haven't looked at the one for star wars, but i've seen them in other games. They'll usually change in battle calculations like making every character hit for 9999, or your turn meter always be maxed so you attack first, stuff like that. All the in battle calculations are done on our phone, so it's not really something EA can detect unless they just start watching for things that are impossible (30 second arena wins etc)
  • Justin7402 wrote: »
    AdamW wrote: »

If the 30 second win thing is true then that pretty much indicates a cheat. I haven't looked at the one for star wars, but i've seen them in other games. They'll usually change in battle calculations like making every character hit for 9999, or your turn meter always be maxed so you attack first, stuff like that. All the in battle calculations are done on our phone, so it's not really something EA can detect unless they just start watching for things that are impossible (30 second arena wins etc)

I wouldnt believe those time stamps. They mean nothing, it doesnt show the true time the guy started the fight making all time claims invalid. The screen could have been taken 30 seconds before he finished the battle.
  • Im f2p and i will like to think i have a pretty decent team and are skilled at this game, and anyone who thinks that skill alone can help you overcome a 7k power level difference please post a video of you doing it please so we can learn from you
    Justin7402 wrote: »
    AdamW wrote: »

I wouldnt believe those time stamps. They mean nothing, it doesnt show the true time the guy started the fight making all time claims invalid. The screen could have been taken 30 seconds before he finished the battle.

At least according to the original post his rank moved twice once on first time stamp and once on second. His rank wouldn't change halfway through both battles. It's possible it's not a hack, but like I said I've seen hacks like this before. They're pretty easy to do and hard to detect.
This discussion has been closed.