[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• So how does one actually get a datacron?

Who cares? One of hundreds of questions they did not answer before this rollout. They don't care to answer, so why should you care about them?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    So how does one actually get a datacron?

Who cares? One of hundreds of questions they did not answer before this rollout. They don't care to answer, so why should you care about them?

Except that they did answer it.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

w06e0b3go0ka.png

Why ask questions when you aren't going to read what they say?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

w06e0b3go0ka.png

Why read what they say if they don’t always follow through on it?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

w06e0b3go0ka.png

Then back to what Ultra said: if you aren't going to accept what they say then why are you asking anything?
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    Did they say anything about how the datacrons materials would be distributed? Specifically winning vs losing in TW and how much does guild size matter?

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Did they say anything about how the datacrons materials would be distributed? Specifically winning vs losing in TW and how much does guild size matter?

No. They didn't go into details on how to get it from TW
  • That's a fair comment, I missed a moment then...

Although try not to lose too much sleep over it, it was a tongue in cheek hashtag. Sentiment stays the same - don't use datacroms
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    That's a fair comment, I missed a moment then...

Although try not to lose too much sleep over it, it was a tongue in cheek hashtag. Sentiment stays the same - don't use datacroms

This is like cold war, once one one hits the button others will do. "don't invest in them" instead? Maybe.
  • Yachter
    10 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Sooooo... about those funny little gear changes?
  • kaz8772
    11 posts Member
    So from a 10m+ whale - no more cash.

It's not bad enough CG that you've been whittling down the investments everyone has made in this game. Fully buying into a new factions toons, to then finally get the best at the moment, only for you to now push out packs for EVERYTHING constantly and push the gap between FTP and Whales. Not only that, but you push them out faster than ever, so our initial investment is close to worthless faster. So why bother even buying into your latest and greatest. Especially when, in case of the Inquisies, you get a team which while it might be able to complete your assine GCs, they are pretty close to useless anywhere PVP. And hopefully GI will make them usable, but he'll probably end up much like Fat Boba... Lackluster at best.

But hey.... We can always pony up for Datacrons to fix the toons which YOU should have made usable in the first place.
  • I've been laughing to the point of tears for the last 5 minutes after seeing spoiler tags in the datacron portion of the Road Ahead. Completely out of touch as usual.
  • BobaFettish86
    584 posts Member
    edited June 2022

w06e0b3go0ka.png

Does that mean folks doing Easy mode can't get any datacrons at all?

For something temporary, they've managed to spend months making something that is unnecessarily complicated and completely ignored the things that people actually asked for. I honestly think a lot of people will stop playing because of CGs ignorance.

Oh btw CG, Steadfast Retribution on GR teams is neither new nor an interesting mechanic.
  • In all my years I've never come across a worse company in the gaming industry.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Ausugn wrote: »
    In all my years I've never come across a worse company in the gaming industry.

‘Who’s the more foolish ? The fool or the fool who follows him ?’
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

w06e0b3go0ka.png

Then back to what Ultra said: if you aren't going to accept what they say then why are you asking anything?

Because I care about the game and my progress. It’s not a matter of accepting it; it’s not believing that they care about following through on it or taking feedback for it. Stop trying to reroute the anger. People are justifiably mad about this road ahead.
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    I never get the point of phrases like this...they make no sense at all...if i meet a bad company i wont use their products...thats what makes them a "the worst" company...
    As to Datacrons...like many i am wary and not convinced...but i will wait to take a look and epxeriment before going on a rampant complaint spree...players keep asking for content...and then complain for pages every time new content is added...BEFORE EVEN EXPERIMENTING...very puzzling to me...
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    I never get the point of phrases like this...they make no sense at all...if i meet a bad company i wont use their products...thats what makes them a "the worst" company...
    As to Datacrons...like many i am wary and not convinced...but i will wait to take a look and epxeriment before going on a rampant complaint spree...players keep asking for content...and then complain for pages every time new content is added...BEFORE EVEN EXPERIMENTING...very puzzling to me...

Because Datacrons are not new content. They don't have a new event or anything, they are gathered in already existing content and they are again gated behind GP, which makes them for at least half the playerbase not usable or just half usable... and by that giving them even more of a disadvantage.

Edit to add a few words
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • hey are gathered in already existing content and they are again gated behind GP, which makes them for at least half the playerbase not usable or just half usable

There was someone above talking about how Datacrons are not available in Easy mode Conquest, and I thought... how many players stuck on Easy mode are fielding squads of all r3+ toons?

And don't you have to spend at least some time learning how counters work without Datacrons before you layer on the additional complexity?

In this case "gated behind GP" is a favor to the players who can't even qualify for normal mode. Everyone else can access the Datacrons just fine.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    hey are gathered in already existing content and they are again gated behind GP, which makes them for at least half the playerbase not usable or just half usable

There was someone above talking about how Datacrons are not available in Easy mode Conquest, and I thought... how many players stuck on Easy mode are fielding squads of all r3+ toons?

And don't you have to spend at least some time learning how counters work without Datacrons before you layer on the additional complexity?

In this case "gated behind GP" is a favor to the players who can't even qualify for normal mode. Everyone else can access the Datacrons just fine.

I already had relic teams with under 2M GP.
    Also no, they are not gathered fine. The better Datacrons are only available in hard mode aswell as the higher materials. So normal mode players can't even roll the higher levels.

That is not in favour of the players! If we can get matched with bigger players in GAC we at least should have theoretically the same possibilities as them, as to not put us on a disadvantage by gating the higher materials and better Datacrons.

Edit for spelling
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

w06e0b3go0ka.png

Because I care about the game and my progress. It’s not a matter of accepting it; it’s not believing that they care about following through on it or taking feedback for it. Stop trying to reroute the anger. People are justifiably mad about this road ahead.

Again, if you don't believe what they say or you believe what they say but that they won't follow through, then what's the point in asking? Not like they're going to scrap datacrons because a couple dozen people on here are mad about it.

And "justifiably" mad? Not sure about all that.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member

w06e0b3go0ka.png

Again, if you don't believe what they say or you believe what they say but that they won't follow through, then what's the point in asking? Not like they're going to scrap datacrons because a couple dozen people on here are mad about it.

You really think those who dislike Datacrons are just a couple of dozen? There are many places you can visit to see, that they are a lot more.
  • Likos
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Fix the gear economy, fix the Carbonite Circuit Board economy, fix mods management, add event participation data for guild leaders. Communicate better with your community.
    Post edited by Likos on
  • StarSon wrote: »

If someone has invested years and money into this game only to have it alter course dramatically in a way you see as horrible, I think that justifies some anger. It's not productive nor will it cause any change. But it's certainly a justified emotional response.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »

w06e0b3go0ka.png

You really think those who dislike Datacrons are just a couple of dozen? There are many places you can visit to see, that they are a lot more.

I'm sure there are lots that dislike it. Is everyone that dislikes the idea of datacrons mad about them? Highly unlikely.

If someone has invested years and money into this game only to have it alter course dramatically in a way you see as horrible, I think that justifies some anger. It's not productive nor will it cause any change. But it's certainly a justified emotional response.

And if it makes you angry you probably should stop playing, or learn to not get so upset over a game and just enjoy your time here. Because, news flash: this game dramatically alters course at least every couple of years.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »

w06e0b3go0ka.png

I'm sure there are lots that dislike it. Is everyone that dislikes the idea of datacrons mad about them? Highly unlikely.

And if it makes you angry you probably should stop playing, or learn to not get so upset over a game and just enjoy your time here. Because, news flash: this game dramatically alters course at least every couple of years.

Since you didn't address whether the emotional response is justified, I'll assume you changed your mind and now agree that it's a perfectly justified response for one to have.

Your advice to quit may be appropriate for some; that's for them to decide. For me, I make snide comments on the forums for a week or 2 until the edge has worn off and I settle back in. Hardly seems appropriate to ditch something I altogether enjoy just because the clowns in charge ruffle my feathers every few months.
  • hey are gathered in already existing content and they are again gated behind GP, which makes them for at least half the playerbase not usable or just half usable

There are plenty of people who create alt accounts and go straight for the likes of SLKR, so yes, there will be some people who have relic squads by that point. There's no reason they can't allow people to collect them even if they can't use them yet.
  • As far as I’m concerned, there may as well not have been a June Road Ahead. It’s added 0 value to what the future of this game holds.
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Well, this is the most braindamaged, low effort thing I've seen in this game :smiley:
    8m gp kyber 1, 6 legends + starkiller and I don't think I will even bother.
    Every GAC will be a random kakashow, with counters not working... Why? To squeeze more cash with the lowest effort possible, while working on ways to squeeze lotr fans.