Prev13
Ultra
11452 posts Moderator
Thread for the episode dropping at midnight

Replies

• I hear Obi Wan makes a cameo
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Im 100% certain that this episode starts with a story recap.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    I hope they show more about Inquisitors, how they got formed and taught by Vader
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Glen dies and Maggie cries.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    This entire episode is going to be an add telling us to farm inquisitors in SWGOH.
  • I don't know why I even bother trying to get excited for anything new within the Disney Star Wars ideology factory anymore. Kinda feels like SWGOH at this point.

"Oooooobiiii Waaaaaan"
  • This series could have had a veritable treasure trove of flashbacks. It's e5... I swear if that opening scene is all we get.
  • Reva turned a bit early. Glad to see GI back though. And ... the boy ...
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    Yeah a few plot holes filled that were clearly deliberate to create a bit of fan uproar. I kind of joked about Reva being a youngling that was really after revenge after episode one but didn't expect it to be so sudden either. We now have a character that knows all of the biggest secrets left for dead , but not. Kind of feeling a little let down by the depth of story , but the Vader action was worth watching it for alone.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    Can't help but wonder if Reva is our next GL in swgoh... Inquisitors to unlock etc. However her story ends , it's not over yet.
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    A few cybernetics, a fancy Vespa, and she'll be ready to go!

I liked this episode.. can't wait for the finale.
  • Really good episode, way above the 4th (be with you... huh) one
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    So this was a good episode but overall.... the direction is movie breaking.

3rd sister now knows of a boy on tatooine, the name owen and that obiwan is going there.

That means if she survives, which she will because they didnt kill her, she goes to tatooine.

If she confronts luke and in any way shows off the force or a saber, theyve created a plot hole.

Now on the flip side if she goes and interacts with owen and kenobi, never getting to luke... its fine.

Then we are just left with leia having a personal connection with kenobi that she doesnt acknowledge in New Hope.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Then we are just left with leia having a personal connection with kenobi that she doesnt acknowledge in New Hope.

She was kid ? Do you remember everything that happened in your childhood?

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Solarite wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Shes 10, not 2. Kids arent so dumb that they dont remember traumatic things.

I still remember the time i got lost in the mall and the security guard helped me find my mom.

His name was officer Pete. I recall him being tall, but i was smaller back then. He had black hair.

And that was just me getting seperated in a mall and knowing enough to find a mall cop to help me find my mom.

Can you even imagine the traumatic experience leia is going through and what kind of a mark it would make on her.

This is a kid thats demonstrated thr ability to ghink outside the box and problem solve. Shes critical in this episode for undoing the droid's breaking of the doors.... and she is even smart ebough to remove the override chip.

Perhaps you shouldnt be looking her like shes just a dumb kid and accept the show has setup that shes remarkable and pretty smart.

Unless they wipe her memory, there is no way shes forgetting the time she got kidnapped and a fabled jedi named Ben "Obi Wan" Kenobi, who was sent by her dad, came to rescue her twice.

I still remember the time i got lost in the mall and the security guard helped me find my mom.

His name was officer Pete. I recall him being tall, but i was smaller back then. He had black hair.

And that was just me getting seperated in a mall and knowing enough to find a mall cop to help me find my mom.

Can you even imagine the traumatic experience leia is going through and what kind of a mark it would make on her.

This is a kid thats demonstrated thr ability to ghink outside the box and problem solve. Shes critical in this episode for undoing the droid's breaking of the doors.... and she is even smart ebough to remove the override chip.

Perhaps you shouldnt be looking her like shes just a dumb kid and accept the show has setup that shes remarkable and pretty smart.

Unless they wipe her memory, there is no way shes forgetting the time she got kidnapped and a fabled jedi named Ben "Obi Wan" Kenobi, who was sent by her dad, came to rescue her twice.

I don't remember my dad dying when I was 13 (i'm 39). But it shouldn't be very traumatic?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

I don't remember my dad dying when I was 13 (i'm 39). But it shouldn't be very traumatic?

1st. sorry to hear that.

2nd. The mind is funny in the way it works. Some memories of pain are pushed out, others are seered in.

You cant honestly tell me that the show hasnt established how impotant she is to ben and how important ben is to her.

Its been 5 episodes and thats the core thing theyve done. Ben will move moubtains to save her and she cares about what is happening to him.

Do you really believe that she will forget it ever happened in 9 years?

Its probably going to be shown as the catalyst for why she becones a senator (she says she doesnt want to be one to bale).

She will then work to expose this misstreatment of citizens from the inside.... and clearly she will be joining the rebels because she knows change wont be comibg completely from the inside. She learned this from talya and the others shes met along the way.

You do see the potential plot point coming a mile away right?

1st. sorry to hear that.

2nd. The mind is funny in the way it works. Some memories of pain are pushed out, others are seered in.

You cant honestly tell me that the show hasnt established how impotant she is to ben and how important ben is to her.

Its been 5 episodes and thats the core thing theyve done. Ben will move moubtains to save her and she cares about what is happening to him.

Do you really believe that she will forget it ever happened in 9 years?

Its probably going to be shown as the catalyst for why she becones a senator (she says she doesnt want to be one to bale).

She will then work to expose this misstreatment of citizens from the inside.... and clearly she will be joining the rebels because she knows change wont be comibg completely from the inside. She learned this from talya and the others shes met along the way.

You do see the potential plot point coming a mile away right?

It is common that we do not know why certain things disturb/shock or motivate us or things that we are sensitive to. We talk about it one day to our parents (or to a psychologist) and they explain to us that when we were little, we experienced something that marked us or we did things that we completely forgot. So, it's common.
  • There is a potential out from Rebels. In the episode where Ezra goes to find Kenobi, the comment is made that “Kenobi is dead. Senator organa confirmed it.”

It would be a weak “fix” and it would require the name Obi wan Kenobi to be the Star Wars equivalent of John Smith, but if at the end of the series Leia believes this Obiwan dies and her adoptive father confirms it, then by the original trilogy she wouldn’t realize it is the same person.

I doubt that is the direction the show will go, but I just watched that episode of rebels, and that comment about Obi wan got me to wondering…
  • Great episode but they should of had Vader and GI finish off Reva.
  • LastJedi13 wrote: »
    Great episode but they should of had Vader and GI finish off Reva.

Yeah that is the only major issue I had with this episode. In the same vein, also why does Vader keep letting Obi Wan run off?

• LastJedi13 wrote: »
    Great episode but they should of had Vader and GI finish off Reva.

Yeah that is the only major issue I had with this episode. In the same vein, also why does Vader keep letting Obi Wan run off?

His rage got the best of him this time
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    wildnz wrote: »
    Yeah a few plot holes filled that were clearly deliberate to create a bit of fan uproar. I kind of joked about Reva being a youngling that was really after revenge after episode one but didn't expect it to be so sudden either. We now have a character that knows all of the biggest secrets left for dead , but not. Kind of feeling a little let down by the depth of story , but the Vader action was worth watching it for alone.

I called it that she was the youngling after episode 1. Last episode solidified it for me. This one made it clear to all.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member

I barely remember last week.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »

I called it that she was the youngling after episode 1. Last episode solidified it for me. This one made it clear to all.

I thought this was pretty obvious
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    i like this episode overall, the flashbacks and seeing Hayden fully being Anakin again was nice
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

So you might have been kidnapped and saved by a jedi, whom you thought werent real, befriended him... he saved you by making you float and then you got kidnapped again and he came to get you while deflecting laser blast and holding back the ocean.... onky to have to save him and a bunch of others escape the empire which you thought was helpibg people but were about to be tortured by....

Do you recall your own name, because forgetting all of that seems highly unlikely. Youd need to have lost your memory to write all that off
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    LastJedi13 wrote: »

I thought this was pretty obvious

I mean, I thought so too. But others I said it to weren't so sure right away.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member

So you might have been kidnapped and saved by a jedi, whom you thought werent real, befriended him... he saved you by making you float and then you got kidnapped again and he came to get you while deflecting laser blast and holding back the ocean.... onky to have to save him and a bunch of others escape the empire which you thought was helpibg people but were about to be tortured by....

Do you recall your own name, because forgetting all of that seems highly unlikely. Youd need to have lost your memory to write all that off

I think it's Mark.
  • Regarding leia remembering him or not; maybe she gets a partial memory wipe/force mind wipe? Total spitball theory, and I have no clue what the force is able to do or not in the extended universe