[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Edit: this can be deleted plz mods
  • Someone needs to be fired. This is beyond lame. What's that? I will lose all PVP? Who cares.
  • I won’t care if I lose in PVP if it’s because of datacrons either. CG needs to understand that ignoring the reactions to the leak from months earlier and the reactions to its actual release will result in more and more people losing interest. Also, I hope the LoTR game flops if they continue to ignore community sentiment.
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    So let’s get this straight…Datacrons are said to be operating with a unique currency and not intended to interfere with other progression goals. Then we get a new shop selling is the unique currency for other currencies, crystals and shard shop tokens. The dishonesty is astounding.
  • Do CG even want us engage with this new mechanic?
    Here test this out but you can only upgrade it once as anything else will break our precious economy. Pathetic, give us some materials to do things if you want us to play around with the new toy no one asked for that you’ve forced on us.
  • Do CG even want us engage with this new mechanic?
    Here test this out but you can only upgrade it once as anything else will break our precious economy. Pathetic, give us some materials to do things if you want us to play around with the new toy no one asked for that you’ve forced on us.
    The costs are excessive….crystal costs, shard currency, etc. with not much return or value. Big fail
  • They last for only 3 months there isn’t anywhere to use them right now and they still couldn’t give us enough materials to actually engage and level them to a significant level and no chance to reroll.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    So let’s get this straight…Datacrons are said to be operating with a unique currency and not intended to interfere with other progression goals. Then we get a new shop selling is the unique currency for other currencies, crystals and shard shop tokens. The dishonesty is astounding.

I’ll give you that Shard Shop currency is odd. But them being available for crystals should not be a surprise to say the least, and ally points aren’t exactly a progression goal.
  • They cost crystals and they interfere with crystal income in GAC. And as a small bonus on top the shard shop currency. I would say they are heavily involved in the ingame economy in a detrimental way. They could have added this to be used in a new game mode with added gear rewards thus helping the ingame economy but now they just went all-in CG on this and blatantly introduce new player hostile money grabbing mechanics without delivering on their previous promises to help the player base. Stay classy
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    CaesarAM wrote: »

I’ll give you that Shard Shop currency is odd. But them being available for crystals should not be a surprise to say the least, and ally points aren’t exactly a progression goal.

Regardless of specifics, it’s just very disingenuous to say this will be a completely independent currency system and not interfere with other economies and then sell the currencies for other currencies.
  • I’m not sure how you can say this is a parallel system when it requires us to relic whole teams. I can either chase Executor/JMK or relic whole teams to use datacrons. I can’t do both. Especially with 0 help on getting toons to relics. Uggggggghhhhhhhh. This is very frustrating. The road ahead had absolutely nothing that wasn’t solely centered on revenue. Just things to whale on. Inquisitors and datacrons. You need to mix it up. Whales will not want to play this game by themselves. Need to give us minor spenders and peasants something. QoL, gear, content. Something.
  • They need to rescind this update…or at least pare it back….too much. My guild is on very shaky ground as one of our main officers quit the guild in the middle of TB. We are a decent size 360m guild
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    They need to rescind this update…or at least pare it back….too much. My guild is on very shaky ground as one of our main officers quit the guild in the middle of TB. We are a decent size 360m guild

CG doesn't care that your guild is breaking up. They actually think it's good to break up guilds.
  • If datacrons are meant to mix up the meta, why do they work on GLs? Surely that just keeps GLs top of the meta as nothing else will be able to beat them? Seems a really poor design choice.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    They need to rescind this update…or at least pare it back….too much. My guild is on very shaky ground as one of our main officers quit the guild in the middle of TB. We are a decent size 360m guild

CG doesn't care that your guild is breaking up. They actually think it's good to break up guilds.
    Sure if those people are moving to other guilds…however most sound like they will quit
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Did anyone manage to understand which last node is best to farm? I can say out of first 3 zones the rewards go up each zone. So no point to farm first 2.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to understand which last node is best to farm? I can say out of first 3 zones the rewards go up each zone. So no point to farm first 2.

It is still okay to farm them if you have unfinished business in that sector anyway.
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

It is still okay to farm them if you have unfinished business in that sector anyway.

Which is exactly my plan: farm those nodes to do my conquest chores (how fun), stop farming the nodes when feats are completed, don’t use any ‘non datacrons’ resources like shard shop and stuff. So basically, not doing any special effort to up my datacron resources.
    Let’s see at the end of the ‘acquire and upgrade’ phase what i will have. Hopefully it will be enough to have some fun with that; I guess we’ll see.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Yeah, well we still have to figure out which is optimal at some point.
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Do you have to unlock ‘all’ levels to re-roll a specific level? This may be even more difficult if you are levelling up for a R3 or R5 team and do not want to fully level up the datacron. I like the re-roll option it will help with the RNG aspect of levelling up but not sure I will get to use it much as I think the higher level materials are locked behind later stages of hard conquest.
  • Right now this feels like a pointless progression system. All other sources of progression help you complete content easier in the game. Is there a reason why this wasn't applied to all game modes? Since this only affects TW and GAC, your PVE-focused players have nearly no incentive to engage with these.

7.4M account with 4 GLs and I have a total of 6 teams that could in theory benefit from a level 9 datacron, and an additional 4 teams that could in theory benefit from level 3+. I can only imagine how little need there are for datacrons in the 4M range and lower. I'm not a huge fan of these affecting GLs, but I think most smaller rosters would have next to no benefit from level 9 datacrons if GLs were excluded. These datacrons don't help me get better raid rewards, nor do they help complete galactic challenges or assault battles, nor do they help my guild get more stars in TBs. Unless there were 50 people whaling, I'm going to pretty much win the same amount in TW and get the same rewards. And if I were to whale and get some strong datacrons, i now might go 7-5 instead of 6-6 in GAC...so yes, spend 5K crystals to win maybe 1K crystals more. That sounds like a horrible return on investment.
  • if it's okay can we please increase our characters too 100. max has been 85 for way too long
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Da_Dark16 wrote: »
    if it's okay can we please increase our characters too 100. max has been 85 for way too long

Why? We have relics now, same principle. I also don't think that will happen, because they changed the way Relics are now displayed in the middle instead of levels. On top of that I think it would be a terrible idea. New/ mid game and even late game players already struggle enough with credits when it comes to leveling toons/squads. 15 levels more would mean at least 10M for 1 toon in total.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • I don't usually comment here, but Datacrons are going some steps too far:

+ more complexity for theorycrafters
    + boost for weaker teams
    + bonus battle in conquest can be used for completing feats

- too much complexity for the majority of players
    - temporary investment, buying stuff with shard currency will hurt gear progression
    - stat boosts are too strong, especially when at LvL9 for GLs
    - mechanics can lead to various unbeatable teams/characters

The complexity is what bothers me the most. I am very competitive in GAC (7.8m GP, 1m lifetime banners), i even have a powerpoint slide with my characters to move around and plan what to use against what and to see exactly what i have left. But now we have to check mods, speed, etc. AND datacron boosts and mechanics. Either a hard counter still works anyways, or we have to use the "counter-datacron" or a stronger team. As many people mentioned, having boosts specifically for GLs is not good (i have 4). I would position myself towards "theorycrafters", at least i understand all mechanics and have them in mind for all characters, but i have to say: maybe a nice idea, but no thanks. That's just for me and i will get used to all this over time, with effort.

But the majority of my guild members will just get overwhelmed in TW when they will face sectors full of Datacron-Teams, in their GAC as well, of course. They will loose to teams they usually beat, they don't know every mechanic and it starts all over again every month with a new set. I am responsible for our TW strategy, my next order will be: i don't know, just put something on defense and try to throw things at datacron-teams - its not worth the effort.

I'm usually patient and wait things out, if everybody gets used to a new update it mostly improved things. But...

...i got a bad feeling about this...
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    And who asked you guys to change editing squads on the squad tab? No one. Why can't we edit them without deleting them? But yay, I can move them to a new section I made. Great improvement fellas.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    And who asked you guys to change editing squads on the squad tab? No one. Why can't we edit them without deleting them? But yay, I can move them to a new section I made. Great improvement fellas.

You *can* edit without deleting. Just hit the little button in the top left of the squad.
  • We want Conquest fixed. I have the options between, Potency Calibration, Potency Calibration or Potency Calibration. Instead of Datacrons - FIX THE GD GAME!
  • BobaFettish86
    584 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    The only thing that sucks more than Datacrons is the developers for creating this ****.

CG: "We're doing progressive gear changes to help players engage with relics more."
    Players: "Sounds great, thanks for listening to us CG."
    A few months later...
    Players: "What happened to 3/4 of the gear changes you announced?"
    CG: "Yeah we decided against that. We'd rather everyone pays for relics. But now there's a new incentive to relic your entire roster...temporary Datacons. We believe this will shake up the meta by making Padme and JMK God tier."
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    I want lightside, 3 rerolls... 3x all darkside. What is this bugged crap? It states I can reroll lightside. Yet I get 1 to 64 odds event. What a joke of a feature, brought by a joke company.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Since majority already hates crons, this may not seem like much of an issue. Either way, the drop rate variance in conquest nodes is abominable! And the rate itself is too. So much so that the bundles you sell at the shop has better crystal value compared to farming the nodes (which takes much more effort and time)

sf80bzou7ws4.png

This is what you get most of the time (zone 4) and then very rarely you'll get 5 of that and 4 of the first mat. Way too much variance. You announced conquest as the main source of datacron/farming cg!