HT and Breach

Engage
267 posts Member
edited March 6
I know how Hound's Tooth works and its abilities. But I'm trying to figure out how and why taunt would get reapplied out of turn immediately after it gets dispelled. I get that it's supposed to reapply when enemies are breached. But there doesn't seem to be a way to dispel it. I can use an infinite amount of dispel attacks/abilities and nothing works against it. I would assume that the 1 turn limit for taunt would eventually dispel it. But it never does.
Why is there no tangible limit that will eventually dispel taunt?
When Hound's Tooth loses Taunt, it gains Taunt for 1 turn if an enemy is Breached.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Sounds like you don't know how it works. As long as there is a Breached enemy, the Taunt will continually reapply. If you want to dispell while you have a Breached ally, you need to apply Buff Immunity first.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Sounds like you don't know how it works. As long as there is a Breached enemy, the Taunt will continually reapply. If you want to dispell while you have a Breached ally, you need to apply Buff Immunity first.
    I literally explain how it works and so you tell me that I don't know how it works?
    Then tell me how many ships within any given faction have the ability to apply buff immunity? The buff immunity effect is so limited that it doesn't normally work outside of a basic turn.
    I run a Rebel fleet. Take Wedge for example. He ONLY has the ability to apply buff immunity when I deploy him. After that has worn off there are no more buff immunity abilities in the entire fleet.
    I almost forgot that I had specifically asked for a TANGIBLE way to dispel his taunt.
  • If you want to stop HT from taunting, you gotta have a dispel for the taunt and a dispel for breach on your own team. Otherwise, taunt will continually be reapplied to HT.

There is no limit on any taunt abilities for any character/ship; meaning if an ability says “if __, then taunt” as long as the __ part is fulfilled taunt will be applied.
  • You said you know how it works - but you didn't - crzydroid was giving you the answer.

There aren't many ships that can apply buff immunity but its just about the only way to deal with HT if you can't get rid of breach.

https://swgoh.gg/ships/f/buff-immunity/

Also, boba's ship has a nuke that ignores protection so that can also work to get rid of HT.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    You said you know how it works - but you didn't - crzydroid was giving you the answer.

There aren't many ships that can apply buff immunity but its just about the only way to deal with HT if you can't get rid of breach.

Also, boba's ship has a nuke that ignores protection so that can also work to get rid of HT.

How do you or him get that I didn't? I read and reread the effect. There has to be some way to dispel it for a turn. I tried everything including buff immunity.
    There really isn't anything you can do after Executor puts a permanent breach status on your fleet.
  • Thoeb
    22 posts Member
    If buff immunity is applied, then you follow it up with a dispel (like basic from Falcon) taunt won't stay on. However, if you just dispel it normally it will continually reapply while there's a breach active. There's no other way to prevent it aside from buff immunity or no active breach debuffs.
  • Engage wrote: »
    You said you know how it works - but you didn't - crzydroid was giving you the answer.

How do you or him get that I didn't? I read and reread the effect. There has to be some way to dispel it for a turn. I tried everything including buff immunity.
    There really isn't anything you can do after Executor puts a permanent breach status on your fleet.

Because it's immediately reapplied if anyone on your team is breached - which means you can dispell it all day but comes back as soon as it's dispelled - you're ignoring that and wondering why you can't dispell it.

Buff immunity is the only way to keep it from coming back after you dispell it.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »

Because it's immediately reapplied if anyone on your team is breached - which means you can dispell it all day but comes back as soon as it's dispelled - you're ignoring that and wondering why you can't dispell it.

Yet even buff immunity doesn't work. It does not work for me and it does not stay applied long enough for me to do anything on my own turn. I'm about ready to send in a bug report about this because it's just too much.
  • Thoeb
    22 posts Member

Yet even buff immunity doesn't work. It does not work for me and it does not stay applied long enough for me to do anything on my own turn. I'm about ready to send in a bug report about this because it's just too much.

It does work if buff immunity lands and you dispel while it's on HT. If it drops (through a HT basic or other dispel) before you dispel the taunt, then that's a different story.
  • HT is hands down one of the best ships (if not THE best) in the game. It has been since it was released. You can submit a bug report but they'll just tell you it's WAI.

Honestly, if you can't beat them, join them. Farm HT and enjoy using it. Might consider going after executor too. It's truly awesome to use on offense and great on defense.
  • I get that you believe you know how the taunt effect for HT works. However your OP and following replies indicate you don’t.

Taunt will continually be reapplied to HT if Breach is present on your team. Yes, after 1 turn taunt will go away but it’s instantly reapplied if Breach is present on your team. Even if you manage to dispel HT’s taunt, it’ll get reapplied if you have Breach. This isn’t a bug, even if you believe it’s too much. If you reread the ability description, everything you’ve described is WAI.

There is no limit to its taunt, which is one of the reasons why HT is the best tank ship out there.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    HT is hands down one of the best ships (if not THE best) in the game. It has been since it was released. You can submit a bug report but they'll just tell you it's WAI.

Honestly, if you can't beat them, join them. Farm HT and enjoy using it. Might consider going after executor too. It's truly awesome to use on offense and great on defense.

I already have HT and I cannot find any use for it because I run a rebel fleet. I know I need Executor but I have no way to farm for it right now as it is counterproductive to my current progress.
    HT is hands down one of the best ships (if not THE best) in the game. It has been since it was released. You can submit a bug report but they'll just tell you it's WAI.

I already have HT and I cannot find any use for it because I run a rebel fleet. I know I need Executor but I have no way to farm for it right now as it is counterproductive to my current progress.

Gear up bossk and slot HT into your current team in place of your primary tank. Really bossk works in any lineup. I used to use him with GR before exec.
  • Rebel fleets require a LOT on high relic characters and difficult to obtain ships for it to be good.

I don’t get how farming Executor requirements is counterproductive, considering how having Executor pretty much guarantees top 10 in fleet arena

For your big report, I’d recommend being a lot more specific about what you think isn’t working correctly. What you’ve described so far doesn’t sound like a bug to me.

There are 2 ways around HT’s taunt reapply…

1) buff immunity followed by dispel. Ebon Hawk, Razor Crest, Wedge’s Xwing are a few of the ships that can apply this, you just need to follow up with a dispel before the HT can use its basic to cleanse.

2) cleanse your breach followed by dispel / cleanse. Plo Koon’s ship and Cassian’s Uwing both cleanse your team, which can set you up to dispel the HT’s taunt and make hay.

• Xtreme_777
    24 posts Member
    edited June 2022

1) buff immunity followed by dispel. Ebon Hawk, Razor Crest, Wedge’s Xwing are a few of the ships that can apply this, you just need to follow up with a dispel before the HT can use its basic to cleanse.

2) cleanse your breach followed by dispel / cleanse. Plo Koon’s ship and Cassian’s Uwing both cleanse your team, which can set you up to dispel the HT’s taunt and make hay.

I’ve been using PLO’s shop with my FO fleet to clear Negotiators and its working great. But HT is still the biggest pain.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    HT will always be a pain without the right comp and right gear/level on your ships and pilots.

Buff immunity is awesome against him not only because it allows yo to dispel his taunt, but because it also prevents him from gaining protection up, which makes him easier to kill.

But remember, as other already said, that HT's basic cleanses all his debuff. If you apply Buff immunity just before he gets a turn (or just before he gets called to assist), he will cleanse himself and the Buff immunity would be wasted. The timing can be hard some times if you don't have the right set up, and for Rebels, cleansing the Breach out of your ships will most likely be easier, specially that if there's no other Breach applying ship, so once HT uses his special you will have some time before he can apply breach again. Keep in mind tho that while he's not taunting, HT gets TM when you hit other enemies, and he has higher tenacity. For Rebels, what I used to do was using the Y-Wing's special while HT was taunting (less tenacity), get the Prot disruption on it then burst him to take him out before he can dispel the Protection Disruption with his basic, as he gets extremely squishy without protection and protection up.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    By Breach I was specifically meaning Executor's breach. You can't dispel it and HT can't be destroyed because it becomes immortal with the Executor in lead.
    By Breach I was specifically meaning Executor's breach. You can't dispel it and HT can't be destroyed because it becomes immortal with the Executor in lead.
    This isn’t true. It can still be beaten with buff immunity and/or some heavy damage dealing ships like Slave 1
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    This isn’t true. It can still be beaten with buff immunity and/or some heavy damage dealing ships like Slave 1

Slave 1 in particular works well, because in addition to dispelling, the seismic charge will ignore protection completely.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member

Oh yeah with Executor's undispellable Breach, your only hope is to apply Buff immunity and hope it lasts (not easy as Exe has a cleanse, and a mass assist that calls HT and he cleanses). Usually Rebels struggle a lot against a Executor with HT on starting lineup. Executor is THE meta right now, don't expect every fleet to be able to defeat it. Finalizer and Malevolence are the best off meta counters for Executor. It sucks but that's how the ship meta is right now.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I destroy Hounds Tooth several times a day in fleet arena.
This discussion has been closed.