Jmk as first gl

Robinskywalket
35 posts Member
edited June 2022
As the title read, is jmk a good first gl for me? I have all the toons at 7* exepts bo-katrash Who is easy to farm and watt. It is really wat That is holding me back. I got him at 50/330 and make 4 shards for each time we do the raid.

Would it make sence to finish my gas, then go for jmk? Or should I go for another gl? I am not interested in slkr, dr, malek. I am way to far for like without wampa and hoda. I am Kinda far from rey och see aswell. Vader is to much.

Or should I simple go for a full time cls team arter gas? Seams like a glow-down from gas?

https://swgoh.gg/p/567283222/
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    You get 4 shards of Wat per month? That will put JMK waaaaay out of reach.
  • Yea, and I am far from the other gl's so I kind of shot myself in the knee here
  • McNabb
    23 posts Member
    I would suggest putting jmk on a shelf, until you get into a guild, that can reliably farm at least 20 shards of Watt per event.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    2 options and a few side projects...

1. Go for SLK (not the best option)

2. Go for SEE

Based on the photos below, I would suggest u get General Skywalker (Separatist is almost there). Working on seperatist also bring you closer to SEE (same requirements)

Work on the clones (501st) as u have 2 strong leads (Shaakti and GAS)

o3hasmdofyg5.jpg

445lls96kbhz.jpg

U can transit to another better guild after SEE for mode Wat shards. At your lvl most guilds can clear DSTB. But you need to build your tram now so you can contribute

3. After SEE and gotten enough Wat shards, transit to JMK
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Side projects (Ship)
    Work on your GR ships. If your working on 501st team, might as well get their ship up as they are still a very strong team

Work on the separatist droids ships

• You make som very good points Looooki!
    Going to take my sep droids up meanwhile getting gk to 7* to unlock gas.

And after gearing them up, I should go for see? Mostly to easy progress into a better guild?
    My only problem is I only have jka, dooku at decent gearlvl for the req. The rest needs alot of and farming.

Will he do me and good other then getting in a good guild? Whoulf you consider rey to be a much longer farm?
  • KarateApina
    126 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    I would suggest SLKR for first. You can make 2 teams + fleet with his reqs.

Or go for starkiller. Hes not a GL, but the next best thing. And a lot cheaper to get.

If you cant get wat there is no point wasting resources to JMKs reqs.

And if you dont have Cat, jmk is not even that great.
    Post edited by KarateApina on
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    You make som very good points Looooki!

And after gearing them up, I should go for see? Mostly to easy progress into a better guild?
    My only problem is I only have jka, dooku at decent gearlvl for the req. The rest needs alot of and farming.

Will he do me and good other then getting in a good guild? Whoulf you consider rey to be a much longer farm?

Gearing them is faster then 4 shards a month
  • bo-katrash

So clever.
  • 4 shards of Wat is far too slow for a JMK farm to be realistic. It sounds like if you do want JMK within this decade, you need to find a better guild that gets more.
  • JoryG87
    258 posts Member
    JMK also requires some relic 8 characters to unlock. Your guild doesn't clear heroic pit yet I guess, so you would need to buy those mats.
  • My advice to you would be this:

Start looking for another guild. If you can find one getting 20+ Wat shards, then you may not need to give up on JMK. Most guild officers would rather have an active 1.8Mil than a lazy 2.5Mil. And you have things to offer them as well.

Get your GBA to relic 3 (you're close).
    Unlock C3PO (you're very close), to finish your Padme team.
    Put an Omicron on Mace.
    From there, unlock GAS.

If you can find a guild earning more WAT shards, I'd say you could keep aiming for JMK. Good luck!
  • Well, I suppose I can get the relic 8 mats with crystal. That would be 10 000 crystals för 40 of those (for relic 8 gk and yoda). If I have a Daily crystal income of 400 crystals, it would take 25 dags of saving? Not that bad tho.
    I would consider more use of rey than see, but the farm is way more awful.
  • JMK is a horrible GL for someone at 2mil gp. Without cat you get half a GL.

Divert, round out your roster, and get SLKR probably
  • BobaFettish86
    584 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    You make som very good points Looooki!

Rey is a tedious farm if you dont have resistance up. Same with JML who needs JTR AND JKLS.

SEE is a good idea as you likely already have Vader and Palps geared close to G12, Imp Troopers are an amazing team, and you can use some of the sith requirements in SEEs team, since they're really only there long enough to allow SEE to get to his ultimate.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    If you want a GL, you should probably go for SLKR or Rey. You could do Starkiller for much less investment.

Otherwise just keep going after your other core teams like SE and such.
  • You need to find a new guild imo, it doesn't have to even be a "high level" one, just one that takes Wat/Kam shards seriously.

Swgoh.gg shows that your guild has atleast 24 Geo's at gear 12, with more than 11 at gear 13 so 4 Wat shards when there's 50 of you is unacceptable.

If you do stay, then you should go for SLKR first as he's easiest and doesn't depend on your guild mates unlike JMK who requires Wat and R8 pieces.
  • My advice to you would be this:

Start looking for another guild. If you can find one getting 20+ Wat shards, then you may not need to give up on JMK. Most
    If you can find a guild earning more WAT shards, I'd say you could keep aiming for JMK. Good luck!

Well, if you know a guild that would have me I would be pleased to know.
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2022

Post an ad in this section of the forum & wait for the offers:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/251135/players-looking-for-guilds-november-2021-read-rules-in-first-post-before-posting#latest

Or you could post on ad on the Guild Recruitment Discord Server:
    https://discord.gg/pYJXXww

EDIT: Clarified the discord link
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    My advice to you would be this:

Start looking for another guild. If you can find one getting 20+ Wat shards, then you may not need to give up on JMK. Most

My advice to you would be this:

You can message me in-game (my ID is 376-821-693). My guild has space for 3 more members and we get 20 per
  • Amazing! I've already sent a massage to you! :)

You can message me in-game (my ID is 376-821-693). My guild has space for 3 more members and we get 20 per[/quote]

• Granolo
    213 posts Member
    If you're nowhere near getting CAT i wouldn't advice you to go for JMK.

SLKR or SEE are usually the best first GLs, both gives you decent side teams. With SLKR you get very good TW and GAC teams if with Omicrons and a decent fleet (best off meta counter), with SEE you get Imperial Troopers and Palpa/Vader, both solid teams.

Otherwise if you're thinking on gearing CLS you could try to go for JML which is very good, but keep in mind that if you don't already have her, ROLO can be extremely slow to get to 7* (without using GET 2 which is never a good option unless you already have Male and Nego).
  • Amazing! I've already sent a massage to you! :)

Welcome aboard!
  • Badfish
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Go for SLKR, he’s very useful, gives a decent second team, and not so hard to get. JMK without CAT isn’t worth the effort and CAT shards are hard to get now.
  • Nrm53
    89 posts Member
    Agreed. I would go slkr or jml... jml gives lots of options for gac and is a great gl... slkr allows for solos and still beats most gls... biggest downside to jmk where ur at is going to be no cat (as mentioned half a gl and u will be very beatable without her) and even with her u r still a ways from negotiator... and I believe u actually left our guild and thanks for the rundown on what we have ;) lol we got 4 last time and I'll let u no how many this time but I no my goes have gone from g11 gba to 12 so close if not able to get it but we shall see and a lot were in the same boat... if I can't beat it I'm r5 gba to be sure I can
  • Nrm53 wrote: »
    Agreed. I would go slkr or jml... jml gives lots of options for gac and is a great gl... slkr allows for solos and still beats most gls... biggest downside to jmk where ur at is going to be no cat (as mentioned half a gl and u will be very beatable without her) and even with her u r still a ways from negotiator... and I believe u actually left our guild and thanks for the rundown on what we have ;) lol we got 4 last time and I'll let u no how many this time but I no my goes have gone from g11 gba to 12 so close if not able to get it but we shall see and a lot were in the same boat... if I can't beat it I'm r5 gba to be sure I can

You can beat Wat mission with G12 Geos without issues, it's all about mods so you can definitely do it. You can't blame him for leaving, as I mentioned before, your guild has atleast 24 people with G12 Geos and above so 4 Wat shards is unacceptable and frankly isn't fair to the people who don't yet have Wat at 7 stars & are trying their best.
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    I've had someone do it with less, G9 Alpha and G11 rest of the Geos. Modding does matter alot when it you do it low gear. I have the video for the run but it's 20 mins long. Your guild should've been putting them in the right direction for beating the mission. G12 is around is perfectly fine