Replies

• Yes, you can unequip.

So you can't use the same team with the same datacron in gac and tw. You have to farm at least 2 for each team.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I have a question:

Why was this released in such a chaotic manner? Every aspect of this release from when/where they will be available to basic UI/QoL has unanswered issues. Are you guys that inept with quality control at CG that you push out such a game changing progression system without ironing out crucial issues?

I’m being dead serious. CG needs to address this especially since they switched crystal income to GAC. Whales now have a massive potential to monopolize and control the crystal economy income with how these datacrons can change the meta.
  • Yes, you can unequip.

So you can't use the same team with the same datacron in gac and tw. You have to farm at least 2 for each team.

No, you can use one in both.
    Think of it like a 6th character.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I have a question:

IWhales now have a massive potential to monopolize and control the crystal economy income with how these datacrons can change the meta.

WAI?

I'm sure many players had a boost in their crystal income when it was switched from squad arena. There was always going to be a sting in the tail.

I guess it's this.
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but we can't even use these at the moment right? The modes these are for aren't even active...or are they? Sorry, still just so very lost on these things, the interface is horrid, too many screens and sub tabs to click through, and no way to equip them from what I can see...I just don't really get it yet.
  • Guzzernaut wrote: »
    If you roll your first bonus mechanic and it is for darkside, is it possible to reroll that into a lightside option or will it just give variations on the first alignment you got? I tried to reroll mine and I just got more for the dark side, but that isn’t proper confirmation that it CAN’T become light side.

It's possible, yes. But the Q&A said the bonus mechanics (which applies to LS/DS options) are weighted. There are 5 DS options, and 5 LS options - we don't know if LS has less weighting than DS even though they have equal options. But even if they do, you still have 4 other DS options that can appear on your re-roll so the two other options presented always have a chance of being two of the same alignment of what you already have, LS or DS.
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but we can't even use these at the moment right? The modes these are for aren't even active...or are they? Sorry, still just so very lost on these things, the interface is horrid, too many screens and sub tabs to click through, and no way to equip them from what I can see...I just don't really get it yet.

They will be active in the upcoming TWs (19th being next) and GAC (20th being next). You can equip them in the Edit defenses interface of GAC now.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Your Q&A is confusing

Are the Conquest Bonus Battles guaranteed to drop a Datacron?

With every success of a Bonus Battle you will earn Datacron, Datacron Currency, and/or Datacron Materials.

Should be
    With every success of a Bonus Battle you may earn Datacron, and/or Datacron Currency, and/or Datacron Materials.

The way you posted makes it sound as if you will always get datacron, datacron currency and maybe datacron materials
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    They will be active in the upcoming TWs (19th being next) and GAC (20th being next). You can equip them in the Edit defenses interface of GAC now.

Thank you! I've been reading everything I could and never saw that mentioned anywhere of how or where to actually equip them.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    PumaK wrote: »
    Oh Yes, i have some questions:

Where it's the Gear economy changes? Since october 27th 2021 nothing new from the half phase 1, we Are on june 4th 2022, still nothing new about the missing half of phase 1, still nothing new about announce phase 2. Isn't enough time to change, maybe, a single number on hard nodes???

Why differenciating AGAIN now with ratacrons the ones you can get on normal conquest vs the ones from hard?

Why having to face on GAC such discrepancy on GP? Now with Ratacrons it's going to be a massive headache
    Why proving grounds have a requeriment of 4m GP When It wasn't announced and make people to WASTE RESSOURCES on getting More units to the requeriment?

Why omicrons are Made for specific mode? It should be just PvP or PvE.

Where it's the CATCH-UP mechanics?? I read about this but only thing i can do it's just laugh (because reading incoherent arguments and lot of lies....).
    Where is the QoL that this app it's lacking?
    Where is the sim on Sith triumvirate?
    Anyone from the Devs really play this app???

@CG_Tusken_Meathead 5 days later not even one of those single questions it's answered, so isn't only a post mention but also a remember of what Are My doubts and the doubts of the forum members, doubts with high priority and doubts that keep ignored for months or years, and also that usual ignoring say enough about that company...
  • wharp
    212 posts Member
    nk2v78yg4w3m.png

Is this for their new LOTR game or SWGOH ?
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    wharp wrote: »
    nk2v78yg4w3m.png

Is this for their new LOTR game or SWGOH ?

Probably it's for swgoh. Someone isn't fulfilling the responsabilities.

9f7da5pyh0j4.jpg
  • Is there a plan in place for clicking on a gear piece to find it in game?
  • Will datacron durations or costs be changed now that GACs are shorter by a week? Immediately they have become less valuable now because of extra weeks of just sitting around not being used. If rewards for GAC are to be changed, the costs should too. Additionally, right now datacrons have no value as well, the timer is ticking away with no content that is using them.
  • GAC was shortened because of DCs. They're the gift that keeps on giving /s
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Will datacron durations or costs be changed now that GACs are shorter by a week? Immediately they have become less valuable now because of extra weeks of just sitting around not being used. If rewards for GAC are to be changed, the costs should too. Additionally, right now datacrons have no value as well, the timer is ticking away with no content that is using them.
    GAC was shortened because of DCs. They're the gift that keeps on giving /s

GAC isn't actually less. Over the course of a year you still get the same number of rounds as you did before (ok, fine, you get 1 less round every year).
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Would it be better if you just removed the excessive complexities of datacrons and just did something similar to mods or relics? Datacron 1 = level 1 - increase CD 2%, level 2 - increase CD 4%; Datacron 2 = level 1 - increase potency 4%, level 2 - increase potency 8%, and so on?

Since this is the "exhibition" phase, can you please consider reducing the excessive cost of materials for these temporary omicrons? It is ridiculous the amount of temporary materials there are that we LOSE at the end of 3 months. that is kind of despicable.
  • I’m betting CG is in damage control based on how negative virtually everyone has reacted to datacrons. They never seem to learn their lesson… you’d think the negative reaction to the leak would’ve shelved this mess
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I’m betting CG is in damage control based on how negative virtually everyone has reacted to datacrons. They never seem to learn their lesson… you’d think the negative reaction to the leak would’ve shelved this mess

Maybe, maybe not. Mods were also initially received very poorly. Same with tank and cpit raids. And Geo TB. And DS Hoth TB. And here we all are.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I’m betting CG is in damage control based on how negative virtually everyone has reacted to datacrons. They never seem to learn their lesson… you’d think the negative reaction to the leak would’ve shelved this mess

??????????

What makes you think they are in damage control?
  • StarSon wrote: »

Maybe, maybe not. Mods were also initially received very poorly. Same with tank and cpit raids. And Geo TB. And DS Hoth TB. And here we all are.

none of those things you mentioned are temporary. or require extreme farming/grinding or investment of resources to only lose it in a few months and get a piddly amount back. And Cpit, it's worth pointing out, CG scaled back due to community outrage so I'm not sure what point you think you're making by mentioning it.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

none of those things you mentioned are temporary. or require extreme farming/grinding or investment of resources to only lose it in a few months and get a piddly amount back. And Cpit, it's worth pointing out, CG scaled back due to community outrage so I'm not sure what point you think you're making by mentioning it.

Inyak didn't mention temporary nature of datacrons, so why would I?

No one has ever said they won't make changes to datacrons based on how well they're received, have they? Mods were also changed very quickly, so I fail to see your point on mentioning cpit but not mods.

The only point I was making was that most things that get added are received negatively. Some of them change, and some of them don't. And regardless, we are all still here playing the game that we very clearly hate based on how poorly every new feature ever has been received.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Now that we can see the rewards from tb, the cost is so clearly out of balance it’s amazing. It costs 7.5 million currency to level one datacron to level 9, and takes 390 acumen mk 1. I won’t bother with the rest of the mats. Tw rewards for 380+ guild that goes 4-0 during the month is 8 million currency plus 120 acumen mk 1.

This is completely unsurprising since they told us the primary source for those materials was to be Conquest.TW is the primary source for the mk3 materials, Conquest is primary for everything else.
  • Drathuk916
    624 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Now that we can see the rewards from tb, the cost is so clearly out of balance it’s amazing. It costs 7.5 million currency to level one datacron to level 9, and takes 390 acumen mk 1. I won’t bother with the rest of the mats. Tw rewards for 380+ guild that goes 4-0 during the month is 8 million currency plus 120 acumen mk 1.

This is completely unsurprising since they told us the primary source for those materials was to be Conquest.TW is the primary source for the mk3 materials, Conquest is primary for everything else.

Think you missed my point. The acumen mk 1 reward for going 4-0 at the highest bracket doesn’t even reward one third of the mk1s needed for a single level 9 datacron. Oops hit post too soon. This leaves 270 mk1s to farm from conquest with what 40-60 coming from keycard points plus 10 from red crate. So let’s say 200 from nodes to get one level 9. It quite frankly is unlikely you’ll get one single level 9 datacron a set without spending 1000s of crystals
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Think you missed my point. The acumen mk 1 reward for going 4-0 at the highest bracket doesn’t even reward one third of the mk1s needed for a single level 9 datacron.

Think you missed my point. CG straight up told us the primary source for that material would be Conquest, and TW is only secondary. It's not surprising that a secondary source doesn't provide enough to fully level anything.
  • Drathuk916
    624 posts Member
    edited June 2022

Think you missed my point. The acumen mk 1 reward for going 4-0 at the highest bracket doesn’t even reward one third of the mk1s needed for a single level 9 datacron.

Think you missed my point. CG straight up told us the primary source for that material would be Conquest, and TW is only secondary. It's not surprising that a secondary source doesn't provide enough to fully level anything.

Nope I got your point I’ve made some mistakes, on the acumen mk 1 needed and now I’ve nuked my original post on accident. So level 9 datacron needs 215 mk 1, 305 mk2, 190 mk 3. A 4-0 top bracket guild will get 120 mk 1, 180 mk2, 240 mk3. Expecting any player to farm 95 mk 1 and 125 mk 2 from conquest or to buy that many from the store is too much at current node reward levels/store cost even if you ignore their statement that datacrons were to not interfere with the gearing economy.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Think you missed my point. The acumen mk 1 reward for going 4-0 at the highest bracket doesn’t even reward one third of the mk1s needed for a single level 9 datacron. Oops hit post too soon. This leaves 270 mk1s to farm from conquest with what 40-60 coming from keycard points plus 10 from red crate. So let’s say 200 from nodes to get one level 9. It quite frankly is unlikely you’ll get one single level 9 datacron a set without spending 1000s of crystals

I think you mean zone 5 node. Try zone 4, it has all the acumens.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Nope I got your point I’ve made some mistakes, on the acumen mk 1 needed and now I’ve nuked my original post on accident. So level 9 datacron needs 215 mk 1, 305 mk2, 190 mk 3. A 4-0 top bracket guild will get 120 mk 1, 180 mk2, 240 mk3. Expecting any player to farm 95 mk 1 and 125 mk 2 from conquest or to buy that many from the store is too much at current node reward levels/store cost even if you ignore their statement that datacrons were to not interfere with the gearing economy.

You're still missing the point. They DO expect a player to earn all of that from Conquest nodes. That's why they made Conquest the primary source for those materials.

You're still missing the point. They DO expect a player to earn all of that from Conquest nodes. That's why they made Conquest the primary source for those materials.

Lol I know man. I’m saying it’s too much
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Will datacron durations or costs be changed now that GACs are shorter by a week? Immediately they have become less valuable now because of extra weeks of just sitting around not being used. If rewards for GAC are to be changed, the costs should too. Additionally, right now datacrons have no value as well, the timer is ticking away with no content that is using them.
    GAC was shortened because of DCs. They're the gift that keeps on giving /s

GAC isn't actually less. Over the course of a year you still get the same number of rounds as you did before (ok, fine, you get 1 less round every year).

It's 2.5 fewer per year. Given that for some, raises hand, GAC is the only mode keeping them interested in this game; that matters. Now, if it were being offset with something cool and exciting, e.g. new PvE content; that'd be alright. But it's not. It's being offset with a new progression system. So to me, this is a loss on multiple fronts.
This discussion has been closed.