I think Datacrons should influence either ALL GLs per "season" or none.

The fact that a GL Kenobi gets unresistable stun, an up to 60% damage reflect or 6% Ult charge once per turn, and the two first ones being Faction-specific, makes him a lot more difficult to beat than he already is. It screws up the current counters to the point even they aren't a guaranteed win anymore. I don't think it is anyhow fair that the undisputably strongest PVP Galactic Legend gets these kind of extra boosts while the others are just... eh.

Yeah Rey gets these bonuses too, but from a PVP perspective she is much easier to handle.

I don't think Datacrons should impact GLs themselves, and exclude the bonuses if one is an ally, but if they already want to, at least there should be a bonus for all 6 GLs.

Replies

• harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    MemeMaster wrote: »

I don't think Datacrons should impact GLs themselves, and exclude the bonuses if one is an ally, .

+1

What percentage of players are/will be taking their 'datacrons' to level 9 though? I would think mostly only players that already have all 6 anyway.

Edit:
    'datacrons'
    Post edited by harvestmouse on
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    Since set 1 impacts 2x GL I think it’s likely most GLs will have a buff when 3 sets are active in one go as intended. This is just the launch.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Rius wrote: »
    Since set 1 impacts 2x GL I think it’s likely most GLs will have a buff when 3 sets are active in one go as intended. This is just the launch.

Seems about right to me. I wonder if they’ll recycle Legends so that the fourth set has Kenobi and Rey and keeps them in the mix if this is the case.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

Seems about right to me. I wonder if they’ll recycle Legends so that the fourth set has Kenobi and Rey and keeps them in the mix if this is the case.

The datacron sets are on a cycle. I think it is a cycle of 3, right? If so, it looks to be the case that 2 GLs get a level 9 bonus per cycle.

• In my opinion they should have made Datacrons affect non-GL teams only. That would have been interesting at least, and would likely lead to a lot of theorycrafting. Right now it definitely doesn't "shake up" the meta, as everyone just slaps them on their GLs and basically makes teams, that are already above everything else, even stronger.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Yeah Rey gets these bonuses too, but from a PVP perspective she is much easier to handle..

Eh, I'd say her Ult bonus is arguably way stronger than JMK's if you don't have the correct Rey counter.

If you can't kill off either Rey or multiple characters before she gets her ult off (remember, Thrawn no longer fully stops GLs), you basically just insta-lose, regardless of team, unless you specifically managed to have Rey or SLKR's ult active during it, or some form of damage immunity on your important characters.

~1.2M split across 5 (or less if someone died prior) characters is pretty much going to insta-kill anything that's not a mirror outside of "maybe" CAT-boosted teams.

And considering you can have her team gain bonus TM and like 60-70% extra max health, on a team that's massively boosted by max health....

Like, yeah, JMK's datacron potential is stupid good (more-so because of the faction boost really though), but I wouldn't just dismiss rey's.

JML's next set is also going to be stupidly good, though I actually am personally more concerned about the Wedge buff because it basically just turns rebel fighters into a full counter to literally anything that's not immune to turn meter manipulation or is enfys nest.

For those unaware.
    "Wedge removes 100% turn meter whenever he damages something" is basically how it reads.
    Mon Mothma makes every rebel fighter on the team assist.
    Wedge is a rebel fighter.

The targeted enemy on every single character's turn loses 100% of turn meter.
    Add in someone with a dispel or buff immunity and... suddenly rebel fighters are even taking out half the GLs, since KK fixed their damage output.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    None is better. Leave GL's out of this datacron business. Leave it for teams that need boosts to be worthwhile.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Datacrons are meant to keep the JMK meta ongoing
  • Link64
    49 posts Member
    My assumption is that there will be one in every season and normally there would always be three active ones overlapping. We’re in an odd spot at the moment because only one set is active but that’s just because we’re starting out and it will never be this way again.

If I were to pick, I would say Lord Vader and the Empire should get a datacron in the next set. But we will see.
  • Link64 wrote: »
    My assumption is that there will be one in every season and normally there would always be three active ones overlapping. We’re in an odd spot at the moment because only one set is active but that’s just because we’re starting out and it will never be this way again.

If I were to pick, I would say Lord Vader and the Empire should get a datacron in the next set. But we will see.

they already showed which sets we're getting for exhibition. only 2 sets, and first is JMK & Rey boosts, 2nd set is JML boosts.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    I’m more irritated that the 3-4 best LS factions get boosts and all DS factions get is Inquisitors.