Kit Reveal: Grand Inquisitor

Replies

• Lmao glad I waited to see if I wanted to invest in this faction
  • Seems Like a cool leader. Would have preferred not to need to relic 5 all the inquisitors to get this one though. I won't be getting Grand Inquisitor anytime soon as there are a lot of other teams I would prefer to build first.
    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
    Darth Malak to Revan
  • What a let down... Inquisitors and the so-called road ahead… more like school crossing guards and a roadblock
  • That’s it? Wow. What a waste
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Missed opportunity. This inquisitors hunt force sensitive and not just Jedi. If only this purge nonsense can apply to sith and non aligned force user, they would have made a better team.

Now it is so focused on jedi teams, u need to do is use imps or MM teams to destroy it. What is worse is that it is a TW toon and not usable in other game modes!!! WHY CG WHY!!!
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Well....seems like CG is done putting in effort into this game......wait wait...Im wrong....they were done a year ago, silly me.
  • Alright, I’ll be honest, I’m not really seeing how this warrants a full relic level 5 inquisitor team to unlock, nor the wait for the release.

If I’m understanding correctly, he can’t inflict purge at all unless the entire team is inquisitorius. Furthermore, his abilities are extremely constrained to having a full team of inquisitors, so it seems like he may as well not even have the Empire faction tag since outside of his leader ability, he makes no use of it, and doesn’t appear like he would perform well on a non-inquisitor Empire team.

On top of that, he needs to be facing Jedi enemies, especially teams with a Jedi leader, while also having a full inquisitor team for the full effects of his abilities before even factoring in omicron upgrades, and even with the omicron ability upgrades, he’s apparently specifically made to not be able to beat Jedi Master Kenobi with Commander Ahsoka in territory wars, given from what I’ve seen and heard, there are plenty of other teams that can accomplish the same goal of beating Grand Master Luke and Jedi Master Kenobi without Ahsoka.

I’m willing to wait and see if it’s all just an “on paper” kind of situation, but really looking at it, it seems extremely underwhelming, because again, this whole inquisitor faction has been pushed again, and again, with faction specific assault battles, galactic challenges, the grand inquisitor being advertised as this new big thing that can rival galactic legend jedi in territory wars, and whatnot, and especially because there seems to still be this strange desire to have Jedi Master Kenobi, and Commander Ahsoka be unbeatable by anything that isn’t the exact same team.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Buff GI!!this is an outrage!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • This character actually would have been kind of interesting for non-end game players as an actual journey character. Sadly, anyone that has this toon in the next year is going to regret the investment.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Wow.... so totally not needed. Glad i didnt whale on any of them.

So is this really what we should expect going forward from you CG?

Your entire road ahead was terrible datacrons and this character that was not even worth the wait.

Please get me excited again.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I wasn't getting him the first time anyway. But now I'm considering if I should get him at all due to 5 r5 requirements and him added into the mix is not much use to me anywhere at all.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Underwhelming Inquisitor
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Enas007
    63 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Very bad kit for the investment. No JMK in any GAC or in any TW without a CAT. And no one puts JML on def. So this is a full waste of resources. Basically a kind of Miniquisitor. Nothing Grand here to see. Additional learning: never ever invest in a toon if you do not know the kit of the main leader. Because CG DID NOT DELIVER a faction which is able in TW to take out a Jedi GL lead team. Saying first would have been appropriate: only Jedi GL without a lifter. Saying it AFTER kit reaveal is very very non-customer oriented advertisement. Actually i feel like being cheated. Like a lot of players, i think.
    Post edited by Enas007 on
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Resource sinquisitor before releasing new gls.
  • Congratulations CG.
    You managed to release a toon that, for the overwhelming majority of people who will unlock him, fixes a problem that doesn't exist.
  • Grand Inquisitor was designed to challenge Jedi Galactic Legends who are on teams without their “lifter” units (i.e. Commander Ahsoka Tano) in the Territory Wars game mode

ok, refund. Useless character, useless Faction.

Edit: You do realise that 3 years old GAS accomplishes the same? And not just in TW for 3 Omicrons?

Sorry dude, you buying because you thought it'd beat JMK CAT doesnt actually entitle you to a refund ;)
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Mmm. A one time instant kill and that's pretty much it. It doesn't even address the problems that Inquisitors have. Overall, just what I expected
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    For a marquee+legendary leader team, so near the bottom of the power barrel, that looks promising. Except if test shows that they can't beat any of the usual suspects in GAC, the AB will probably give me the push I need to gear them.
  • I don't think I have ever seen any character be this universally disliked on their kit reveal post, and that's saying a lot considering we have LV in this game.
  • I have yet to unlock 1 x 7-star inquisitor, and now I dont have to. Thanks, CG. This is just another BAD BATCH, just farm at some point. But we will need them all for the next GL.
  • Lame. This is definitely a skip for me too. What a boring faction.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    This is just another BAD BATCH, just farm at some point.

Bad Batch is actually an A-/B+ team in GAC, TW, and TB and handles some really annoying, banner-stealing teams like zQGJ and GG.

Inquis.... well I'm not quite sure what they counter in TW, as no one sets JKL or JML on D and they can't beat JMK+CAT per the dev's own post.

The only similarity was that they were both factions pushed by the creation of PVE content custom made for them (GCs, Conquest feats). BB were/are actually worth the investment. IMHO Inquis aren't even worth a slow F2P farm to the relic levels needed for GI, much less rushing them buying shards and extra node refreshes. (I will still farm their shards in case any are needed for future GLs, but they'll likely sit at the minimum gear levels required to red crate conquests and finish C1 of their AB until then, with the exception of 2nd sister, whose ship is excellent.)
  • “Grand” Inquisitor… more like a “grand” flop.

Don’t hype up a character if you’re going to disappoint CG. Aside from making their omicrons TW focused, which means their omicrons are used only about 4 times a month, they’re immediately just a C grade team.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    This is just another BAD BATCH, just farm at some point.

Bad Batch is actually an A-/B+ team in GAC, TW, and TB and handles some really annoying, banner-stealing teams like zQGJ and GG.

Inquis.... well I'm not quite sure what they counter in TW, as no one sets JKL or JML on D and they can't beat JMK+CAT per the dev's own post.

The only similarity was that they were both factions pushed by the creation of PVE content custom made for them (GCs, Conquest feats). BB were/are actually worth the investment. IMHO Inquis aren't even worth a slow F2P farm to the relic levels needed for GI, much less rushing them buying shards and extra node refreshes. (I will still farm their shards in case any are needed for future GLs, but they'll likely sit at the minimum gear levels required to red crate conquests and finish C1 of their AB until then, with the exception of 2nd sister, whose ship is excellent.)

Yes, I also think BB is a notch above this team and good to have for most if you don't have other priorities (unless actual gameplay reveals something else). I'll happily skip inq all together even in the long run.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Mmm. A one time instant kill and that's pretty much it. It doesn't even address the problems that Inquisitors have. Overall, just what I expected

It's not a one time instant kill. The one time is only for the CD reset. If you can survive long enough you can instakill all 5 Jedi on a team.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Reading that kit and the "its good againt TW GL Jedi, but literally not Kenobi 99% of the time, because it makes the whales sad", GI better buckles up with that 400 speed and 15k damage.

Reading the kit, i dont want to go inqs anymore. But maybe he will do the trcik so lets see
  • Link64
    49 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Sorry dude, you buying because you thought it'd beat JMK CAT doesnt actually entitle you to a refund ;)

It does when that’s exactly what CG said it would do. Can’t have post after post hyping up the team as challenging Jedi GLs and then say at the last moment before the final character releases that it’s not intended to beat one of them.

Oh but it can beat Kenobi if CAT isn’t there. Sorry, that’s just an incomplete Kenobi team. There are far more Kenobis with CAT than without.

It’s like saying here’s a team that can beat Darth Revan teams. Oh by the way, now that you invested in these characters, they won’t beat Revan teams that have Darth Malak.

It’s deceptive. It’s a bait and switch. And it’s grounds for anyone that spent money on the team to demand a refund. I’m sure CG has legal speak that says they don’t have to but morally they should refund players or fix the GI kit.
  • Artimus
    175 posts Member
    Unimpressive, most unimpressive.
  • XiXiS
    48 posts Member
    The comments in here are much more interesting than the kit 😃