11449 posts Moderator
edited June 2022
last ep discussions

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    What can i say....

Recap of previous episode is spot on.

Credits sure do give credit to those people that were on the project.

What more could you want?
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    It was a click-bait. You expected the great Obi-Wan Kenobi but in the end he was just average
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Rick is NOT the father. The Punisher is!!!! Duh Duh Duhhhhhhh!
  • We finally got homage to the line Kenobi is most known for. At last.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    i overall like the episode, the Reva part was dumb beyond belief but the rest was good IMO.
    I want a good explanation of how Reva got to Tatooine so fast though, it's like she teleported there.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    zatho wrote: »
    It was a click-bait. You expected the great Obi-Wan Kenobi but in the end he was just average

At least he was in 5 of 6 episodes.
    I don't really understand what Obi Wan and Vader want to achieve. Both had the chance to kill each other. Vader has to find Kenobi again and Kenobi has to go back into hiding.

I know they can't kill each other without destroying kanon, as they could not kill GI
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Didn't finish Vader off once again... costs X amount of lives in the future.. but at least he'll sleep well now!

My biggest gripe is teasing Duel of the Fates in the trailers and never using it 😭

Enjoyed the episode though
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Overall the episode was solid, except 3rd sister part.
    A. how did she get to tatooine so quickly
    B. how and where did she get a ship from, empire left her to die (which was dumb)
    C. how is she even moving with a hole in her gut

Luke and 3rd sister.... going to need to rewatch this and see if he ever sees 3rd sister and her saber. If he did, he knows what light sabers are and shouldnt be as mistified to see one in A New Hope. (Nor would he have pointed it at his own face while off). More on that after a rewatch.

Vader vs kenobi was great. Enjoyed that.

On to the bad choices done for feel good reasons:

Kenobi reconnects with Leia at the end??? Wow. So he knows the empire used leia to draw him out, he knows he beat vader and vader will be angry and looking for him still, so he goes to the one place the empire should be looking for him to be?

Then they try to give a reason Leia must not mention kenobi to anyone, but in the same breath tell her if she ever needs ben she need only ask... which further breaks "help me obi wan kenobi" recording from A New Hope.

Now we have Ben telling Leia to call him if she needs him, so why mention her father's interactions with kenobi at all in that message?

Moving on to the next.
    Ben and Luke, ok this was done well enough to get a pass. Luke would still know him as the old hermit ben who lives out past the dune sea. Its plausible, however.......

Ben getting to meet Luke because Owen softens... this doesnt work well with the Owen of A New Hope. He says:
    Owen wrote:
    That wizard's just a crazy old man. You stay away from him, you hear me? He's dangerous. Now, tomorrow I want you to take that R2 unit to Anchorhead and have its memory erased. That'll be the end of it. It belongs to us now.
    Doesnt sound like a guy hes friendly with.... perhaps more to come?
    Kelarn wrote: »
    Didn't finish Vader off once again... costs X amount of lives in the future.. but at least he'll sleep well now!

My biggest gripe is teasing Duel of the Fates in the trailers and never using it 😭

Enjoyed the episode though

Yeah really
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    B. how and where did she get a ship from, empire left her to die (which was dumb

I just assume that they left the ship she initially arrived on behind. Imperial tax write-off.
  • What is odd vader did not kill Anakin it was due to the emperors during and what made anikin to vadee

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Kelarn wrote: »
    B. how and where did she get a ship from, empire left her to die (which was dumb

I just assume that they left the ship she initially arrived on behind. Imperial tax write-off.

Hahaha.

Leave the keys in the ignition... if she survives and steals it... we can get the insurance.

But Lord Vader....

Do not presume to question me Grand Inquisitor
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Cmacleod3 wrote: »
    What is odd vader did not kill Anakin it was due to the emperors during and what made anikin to vadee

Rewatch the duel in revenge of the sith. Vader calls it his empire. You can tell hes going to attempt to take down the emperor one day.

Palp started his fall, vader pushed it further
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ok rewatched the luke scenes.

He sees 3rd sister.... and he sees a red glow chasing him from across the sand...

But he may not actually see the lightsaber itself.

So ill give it a pass on direct interaction.

How does Owen explain it to the boy after?
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    1 line clears it all up for ANH. I like it.
  • Think of it this way each ep # was linked to all movies aka 1thru6

Now reva turn back form to the light is a play on rotj aka when vader returns to being Anakin
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    it's just a hole. Maul surived far worse
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Yet Qui Gon didnt
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

What line woukd that be?
  • Hated it bar the Vader vs Kenobi bit.

The line "anakin is gone, I am what remains" was quite haunting.

The use of the word remains suggests a shell of his former self.

The whole dialogue was excellent in that scene.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Yet Qui Gon didnt

RIP Qui Gon. First the Jedi forget that force healing is a thing and now it turns out light saber stabs through the abdomen are just a minor inconvenience. 1 more and Reva gets a free sunday!
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

What line woukd that be?

The needing to keep it a secret part.
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    3rd Sister "teleported" to Tatooine the same way Kenobi did, apparently.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Great episode now I can retire
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Besides the decent Vader/Kenobi fight, the rest was a convoluted mess.

3rd sister gets a ship and gets to Tattoine before the other two ships even leave the original system. All with a hole in her gut. To kill Luke. Why? I don’t get her motivation. And what was so dire that she couldn’t take time to heal?

Vader - increase fire power!
    Wait, what does that do exactly? Is that like turning the amp up to 11? Do the blasts get stronger? Or do they just shoot more of them? It seems like a confusing order. Maybe he should tell them to aim better instead.

The return of the slow speed space chase. Who thought that was a good idea? Want to avoid getting shot out of the sky by 100 turbo lasers? Just wiggle a little bit. That’s exciting to watch and very believable. If only Star Destroyers carried battalions of really fast attack ships. What a shame. Now we have to choose between chasing Obi Wan or the rebels because we only have one ship. Oh, wait Vader has a ship too. Not his normal one with weapons though. But we should still let the rebels go because reasons.

Here’s Tala’s holster as a gift. It survived a thermal detonator going off within a foot of it without a scratch, burn, or blood splatter.

Vader - And that is why you will always lose…..
    Bit of revisionist history there. I would think having your limbs cut off and being turned into a s’more would be kinda memorable to him.

How many times are they going to leave someone almost dead? Just in this series we have GI, Reva, Vader, and Kenobi all left for dead, when making sure they were really dead would have been very easy. You would think they’d eventually learn from their mistakes.

Space travel in Ep4 took days to travel between planets. Now getting to your ship, leaving orbit, escaping the gravity well, traveling through hyperspace, entering orbit, decelerating through the atmosphere and landing takes roughly 10-15 minutes. It takes me longer to get to the grocery store than it takes them to change planets. It’s gotten ridiculous.

And we get another revisited mistake from the sequels. Leia runs past Chewbacca to hug Rey. The forums get up in arms about it. So let’s do it again and have her run past Kenobi to her droid. What a weird thing to do. I know her droid is important to her, but it could have been filmed better so that it didn’t take away from her reunion with Kenobi. Just hide the droid until after she greets him.

Ben’s “cave” with the giant hole in the side doesn’t look very useful. Especially on a planet with sand storms. I know that’s a small thing, but it’s bugged me the whole show.

Where the heck are C-3PO and R2?? If you’re going to do fan service, do it right. 😂 All of the movies are really about them after all.

Just superbly poor writing for this entire series. It’s lazy. There were some memorable moments, but I don’t have the desire to ever watch this mess again. Star Wars is the largest IP out there, and this was supposed to be their best series. It’s a shame to see so many other shows that are vastly better written.
  • mfi0rwqetbxj.jpg

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    You know what small thing really bothered me in this on vader vs kenobi.

So kenobi wins... and leaves (lol kill him fool, nope thats not it). He gets in his ship and flies up.... WHERE IS VADER'S STAR DESTROYER?!?!?!

Did Grand inq get mad vader told him screw you we chase kenobi and leave vader?

Vader said hed go down alone, not leave the system and return to chasing the insurgents..

So why didnt they see kenobi and tractor beem him.

Honestly why didnt vader do that to start with on either ship he chased?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Wizzyard wrote: »
    mfi0rwqetbxj.jpg

x0zaqti0oo0u.jpg
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Besides the decent Vader/Kenobi fight, the rest was a convoluted mess.

3rd sister gets a ship and gets to Tattoine before the other two ships even leave the original system. All with a hole in her gut. To kill Luke. Why? I don’t get her motivation. And what was so dire that she couldn’t take time to heal?

They should have started with the vader chase scene then cut to tatooine and show her. They just wanted a soft opening, too bad its a logic gap to show it that way without putting the words "earlier" on the screen.
    Vader - increase fire power!
    Wait, what does that do exactly? Is that like turning the amp up to 11? Do the blasts get stronger? Or do they just shoot more of them? It seems like a confusing order. Maybe he should tell them to aim better instead.

Hahaha +10. Commander, aim before you fire. Yes lord vader.

That said it does show an increase in blast when he says the order... so i think they flipped the turbo button on the controller.
    The return of the slow speed space chase. Who thought that was a good idea? Want to avoid getting shot out of the sky by 100 turbo lasers? Just wiggle a little bit. That’s exciting to watch and very believable. If only Star Destroyers carried battalions of really fast attack ships. What a shame. Now we have to choose between chasing Obi Wan or the rebels because we only have one ship. Oh, wait Vader has a ship too. Not his normal one with weapons though. But we should still let the rebels go because reasons.

Was wondering that too. Atleast they didnt say it was fuel related.
    Here’s Tala’s holster as a gift. It survived a thermal detonator going off within a foot of it without a scratch, burn, or blood splatter.

I assumed this was from inside the base... aka one she didnt use.
    Vader - And that is why you will always lose…..
    Bit of revisionist history there. I would think having your limbs cut off and being turned into a s’more would be kinda memorable to him.

I assumed he meant the jedi in general. Cool scene though
    How many times are they going to leave someone almost dead? Just in this series we have GI, Reva, Vader, and Kenobi all left for dead, when making sure they were really dead would have been very easy. You would think they’d eventually learn from their mistakes.

Vader gets a pass, hes shown to be overconfident.

Luke into the carbonite chamber... all to easy... oh dang he knows how to force jump.
    Space travel in Ep4 took days to travel between planets. Now getting to your ship, leaving orbit, escaping the gravity well, traveling through hyperspace, entering orbit, decelerating through the atmosphere and landing takes roughly 10-15 minutes. It takes me longer to get to the grocery store than it takes them to change planets. It’s gotten ridiculous.

Yep. I blame prequils for that though. Padme goes from inner rim planet to mustafar in so short a time... but hey atleast they had a cool fight seen after sooo....
    And we get another revisited mistake from the sequels. Leia runs past Chewbacca to hug Rey. The forums get up in arms about it. So let’s do it again and have her run past Kenobi to her droid. What a weird thing to do. I know her droid is important to her, but it could have been filmed better so that it didn’t take away from her reunion with Kenobi. Just hide the droid until after she greets him.

Ehhh this one i can look past, shes 10. The chewy one was dumb because chewy just lost han, leia just lost han.... hug rey who just met han. 1+1=oranges?
    Ben’s “cave” with the giant hole in the side doesn’t look very useful. Especially on a planet with sand storms. I know that’s a small thing, but it’s bugged me the whole show.

Has a hole on both sides... get that nice cross breeze.
    Where the heck are C-3PO and R2?? If you’re going to do fan service, do it right. 😂 All of the movies are really about them after all.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

• Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Especially the Auralnauts versions.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »

In ANH Han comes out of the cockpit to say that they've outran the Imperials, sits down to watch Luke train with the lightsaber, and then 5 minutes later says they're coming up on Alderaan. Doesn't really seem like it took days to me, unless Han spent days in that cockpit not interacting with Luke and Ben