Game just logged me into a totally different account

Prev1
On IPhone, opened the app to do a little conquest and got a pop up which I auto closed because it’s usually an ad, then I am on a totally different 4.8M GP account. I panicked and force closed the app and I was back into my account when it opened. This is awful!!! I could of deleted all of this other accounts mods or anything!

Replies

• They know this happens. They either don’t know how to fix it or don’t care.
  • Not fixing is one thing. Not compensating is criminal. Having no way to approach CG about this issue... I'm too worried about issues like this to spend money again. It's just too risky.

It's worrying that this wasn't via bluestacks.

The common thought has been that if you link your account to facebook and use bluestacks, it opens up this sort of thing.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    The common thought has been that if you link your account to facebook and use bluestacks, it opens up this sort of thing.

Separate things. If you link to Facebook it opens up to hacking the Facebook account which is how people get in that way. Bluestacks happens if you use a guest account because the emulator generates a random GUID which the game client uses to generate a player ID and this can rarely already exist.

Not convinced this can actually happen on iOS.
  • This is happening to me since latest update. I keep getting random notices about switching accounts & need to shut down and restart

Eg

gu8mcon9xn42.png

I’m not on Facebook- just play via IOS Gamecenter. Never had this until today but it’s happening regularly now
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    I'm getting the same exact behavior as seen above, about log into an account at lvl 1. If I force close and open back up, my game shows up as normal. Also playing on iOS.
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Just happened to someone in my guild
    xokbnrap4yew.png

This is the Way
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    the iOS examples of a level 1 account is a new player account

as in you are creating a new account since the device doesn’t know you have an existing swgoh account

it’s not you going into another player’s account
  • Ultra wrote: »

as in you are creating a new account since the device doesn’t know you have an existing swgoh account

But how do you know that? You've admitted previously that you're not a programmer/developer.

Both screenshots above posted by @Wed_Santa and @Natetiffer show different names attached to the account.

The simple fact that players could inadvertently log into someone else's account, or have someone else log into their account has players really concerned about this issue! CG needs to take responsibility for this problem, and find a fix for it immediately!
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

does it name new accounts that way? it wouldn't be a mol eliza? (sp)
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member

The thing is that there's already a lot of people having the same issue, even with **** and video proof of how some people actually logged into other people's account and were able to use it. There's even a case from someone that got their account deleted. This is a game where people spends money, CG can't keep sweeping this issue under the rug.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

But how do you know that? You've admitted previously that you're not a programmer/developer.

Both screenshots above posted by @Wed_Santa and @Natetiffer show different names attached to the account.

The simple fact that players could inadvertently log into someone else's account, or have someone else log into their account has players really concerned about this issue! CG needs to take responsibility for this problem, and find a fix for it immediately!

1. i’m a programmer / developer but that doesn’t mean anything since i never programmed or developed SWGOH
    2. I’ve had this before on my iOS device and it showed me the new player tutorial, if i’m accessing another player account i wouldn’t be going through the tutorial, but force quit and restarting the app fixed it
    3. Yes, they are default player names but notice they are all level 1 accounts
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    mr37hat wrote: »

Mol Eliza is one of many default account names CG used
  • There’s a game in this bug

1. i’m a programmer / developer but that doesn’t mean anything since i never programmed or developed SWGOH
    2. I’ve had this before on my iOS device and it showed me the new player tutorial, if i’m accessing another player account i wouldn’t be going through the tutorial, but force quit and restarting the app fixed it
    3. Yes, they are default player names but notice they are all level 1 accounts

I am not a Programmer / Developer but I do manage and trouble shoot such things. I think with any changes these things happen. Testing is key but it does not catch everything. But what I want to know is what is causing these players to be logged out and being sent down the new player path? As far as I am aware on Android and iOS this normally happens after a user choosing a guest account and not by default when they load their game. If it is happening as implied, randomly and without the user making the decisions, something else is doing it. I am yet to see evidence of a user logging into an account that isn't theirs (ok maybe I saw a certain You Know Who on YouTube) but if this is happening it sounds like a security policy / permissions issue somewhere (this is an area I trouble shoot)...

I know posts grow legs and players are concerned but don't know all the facts. What we would like to know is whether CG acknowledge there's an issue and if so what are the doing?
    Investigating - Potentially Something they have contributed to or
    Ignoring - pretty sure it's nothing to do with them and therefore Apple need to get involved.

I have not experienced this on Android except by my own instigation.

Maybe just an acknowledgement would help, before the post is closed at least.
    This is the Way
    mr37hat wrote: »

Mol Eliza is one of many default account names CG used

We need some new ones ;-)
    This is the Way
  • I've not seen many things worse than this in a system. It should be priority number one. I think this happened to Ahnald if memory serves right The person who logged into his account was gracious enough to contact him.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Again, The Ahnald issue, the new player screen issue, all these are different
  • Lucada
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Again, The Ahnald issue, the new player screen issue, all these are different

Right, but what are the devs doing about all these issues? That's all we want to know. Are you fixing these issues, or deleting posts about it so we have to move to Reddit with all the evidence?

As a guild leader, I sent out a notice to everyone to stop spending (if they do), until this is at minimum is addressed, and hopefully eventually resolved. How can we trust the safety of our accounts and real money spent on this game anymore?
  • It happened to me, the new player issue like the above screenshots, and I had a drama as I’d linked my account to a mates game centre, (due to a previous phone switching debacle). Game centre is no longer an app but part of your apple account thingy. Luckily he still had the same number and could send me the pin, but it was nearly 6 years down the drain.

Would be great if they could introduce an email and password login option for people who don’t use Facebook. Would simplify potential issues like mine. Especially when you’re not particularly tech savvy like me.
    797-722-718
  • The Ahnald thing, is a Bluestacks issue. Not on CG's end.

On top of that, CG does not officially support emulators anyway. They have no obligation to do anything for it.
  • The Ahnald thing, is a Bluestacks issue. Not on CG's end.

On top of that, CG does not officially support emulators anyway. They have no obligation to do anything for it.

People are logging into other players' accounts. The system has to prevent this. If that means they need to change their authentication mechanism and come up with a better strategy to uniquely identify a player then that's what they need to do.

Just from the little info I've seen on this issue, people are right to be scared.

• You can’t blame a faulty client for logging in people to other peoples accounts. The authentication must always be verified serverside, it can’t rely on the client.
  • The problem is there is so much misinformation regarding this already. Like the bug with fives back in the day.

It is incredibly rare to occur, and only happens if you connect you swgoh account to the guest account in the Android emulator. If you link it to an actual game centre account it can't happen.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    I think there are multiple issues being conflated as the same thing here. However....

The iOS bug that happens when you lose connection (this can be forced by using airplane mode, but it can happen from any connection issue) that asks you to switch to a level 1 account has been flagged and is being looked at. Today, tomorrow or next year, I have no idea. Though it should be priority as it gives a competitive edge to Android players who don't have to hold their sphincters tight when Rey's Ult goes off against SEE.
  • The problem is there is so much misinformation regarding this already. Like the bug with fives back in the day.

It is incredibly rare to occur, and only happens if you connect you swgoh account to the guest account in the Android emulator. If you link it to an actual game centre account it can't happen.

It doesn't matter if it's rare or not. This could be automated to be exploited.

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    The problem is there is so much misinformation regarding this already. Like the bug with fives back in the day.

Not sure i undetstamd what you mean by linking to guest account. Can you explain or dm me what that means, would like to avoid ever mistakenly doing this one.
  • Ok. This issue just happened to me. I'm not going to go into the details of what triggered it here only to say it was through normal gameplay and things that most players do at one time or another. It was repeatable. I was not using an emulator or any external program.

Can we get an answer on if this issue is being addressed at all, if it's top priority and if not then why? This is system breaking. System compromising.
  • My guildmates are reporting the same issue
  • There's more than one issue being reported so we do need to be clear on what has happened or is happening. There's reports of:
    1. Logging into SWGOH and the account is someone else's. As yet I have not seen screenshots of this and I think that would help, but, unlikely to get many of those as most players take some action first and report later.
    2. Logging into SWGOH and the account is a guest/new account and your data appears missing. This is hopefully resolved by logging out and back in, checking game centre etc etc. Someone in my guild experienced this but all resolved
    3. Logging into SWGOH and you get the message your session has expired. Either another device has logged into this account, or it has been 24hours since you last logged in. This is the one that another player in my guild experienced and is still waiting to get it resolved 2 weeks later (unfortunately as it isn't me all I can do is share the experience, I wish I could do more)

Whilst the forum is good for sharing experiences and looking for potential solutions, the correct place is the EA SWGOH help pages as that way they can see a clear record of who has which issue...

This is the Way
  • add:
    4. Players using iOS, who play match in aeroplane mode, and when they cancel airplane mode they are asked to "Confirm Game Switch to a guest account". more of an inconvenience as even if they win, they lose after reset...

This is the Way