Conquest Teams Strategy

Prev13
CG_Tusken_Meathead
331 posts EA Community Manager
edited June 2022
If you were going to tell someone to invest in 3-5 teams for Conquest, which teams would you recommend them?

Bonus points if you break it down in:

Early Game:
Mid Game:
End Game:

Replies

• Kripty
    202 posts Member
    I’d honestly say don’t invest..
  • If you were going to tell someone to invest in 3-5 teams for Conquest, which teams would you recommend them?

Sadly it's not much of a questions. There are teams and then there are GLs. We're playing rock, paper, scissors and GLs trump all.

I'd probably leave SEE or Rey out of the 5, probably Rey.

Of course we'd have to consider 'feats' too.

However If we're talking 'non-GL' teams and not considering feats:

Han is amazing in Conquest so: CLS/Han/Chewie/ChewPO/3PO

GAS/501st can do things no other team can, so they'd be in.

JKR can smooth out a lot of punishment, and with JKL can give a lot of punishment.

So a JKR/JKL/Jolee based team would be number 3.

Similarly so can Padme.

Padme/CAT/GK/JKA/Barriss as number 4

You could also get a lot done with Bad Batch, so number 5

Hunter, Wrecker, Echo, Tech, Shak Ti

• Don't tell them! They will paywall theese teams!
  • Thoeb
    22 posts Member
    #1 for every level of play in conquest is CLS Rebels.

After that it becomes more difficult based on flavor of the month teams (like Mandos previously, inqs now, etc) and the overall path you're taking for GLs and such.
  • You dont invest in squads *for Conquest*, you invest in squads for GAC -- many of which happen to be great for conquest and other game modes too.

Early Game:
    1. Geos (+ Geo fleet)
    2. First Order (building toward SLKR + fleet)
    3. Palp / Vader / Mara / Thrawn + 1

Mid Game:
    1. Padme with Ahsoka, Anakin, Galactic Republic
    2. Imperial Troopers
    3. GAS with 501st

End Game:
    1. SLKR
    2. JML (probably the best squad for many conquest feats)
    3. JMK / CAT
  • itsatrap.gif

Don't let them tune it to make those teams weaker and feats harder
  • Early Game (Easy Mode):
    1. Bastila Jedi
    2. Imperial Troopers
    3. Vader with Merciless

Mid Game (Normal Mode):
    1. Jedi / Darth Revan
    2. CLS
    3. Padme / GAS

End Game (Hard Mode):
    1. GLs
    2. "Cheese" teams for feats
    3. Featured faction
  • Nice edit..........sigh

Early Game:
    1. Geos
    2. Night Sisters
    3. JKR Jedi
    Mid Game:
    1. CLS
    2. GAS/501st
    3. JKR/JKL
    End Game:
    1. JMK/CAT
    2. JML/JKL
    3. LV/Maul
  • After datacons why in the world would we say anything? I just dont get it
  • Early Game (Easy Mode):
    1. Empire Team, w/ Zeta on Vader
    2. Imperial Troopers
    3. All Galatic Republic Jedi team or Basti Lead Jedi (support characters for Zealous Ambition, like yoda)
    Mid Game (Normal Mode):
    1. Jedi Knight Revan Jedi Team (have Padme to sub in for jedi, building off early game teams)
    2. CLS and Rebel Friends, Han Solo, Chewbacca, 3p0.
    3. GAS
    End Game (Hard Mode):
    1. JML / Wat plus g8 new squads to acquire feats as they change over time.
    2. JMK / CAT - defeats every team out there
    3. Any team that can wipe out NEST/CARTH etc
  • Investing in teams solely for conquest is useless and may hurt your roster. The hardest part of conquest is feats, which change every 3 months. There's not enough time to farm a team specifically for feats if you haven't started farming them beforehand, especially if they're an overpriced team like inquisitors.

The difficulty of conquest battles are relatively easy with any meta team, so it's better to farm teams for gac/tw and then run them in conquest.
  • If you were going to tell someone to invest in 3-5 teams for Conquest, which teams would you recommend them?

Early Game:
    Mid Game:
    End Game:

The real answer is obviously Inquisitors for everything. I mean - they can take out a GL (without their conquest helper) in certain modes with a massive amount of limited materials, and require R5 to even unlock their fearless leader! No way they aren't the OP team for every mode based on the investment required.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Early Game:
    Padme
    Geos
    GG
    Mid Game:
    CLS
    GAS
    your First GL (ideally JMK, JML or Rey, as they are best at keeping other characters alive)
    End Game:
    Faction specific Stuff, in short, just having the teams at relics that will get you thoose feats. in the current conquest, that would be a Sith Empire team, previously, BHs etc.

Overall, for me, the midgame kinda starts, when you can get into hard conquest, so you want teams that do well there, and will allow you to get through to the last node. CLS with the datadiscs we had the last 2 conquests is just amazing, and GAS is generally very reliable.
    Also as a general rule of thump, conquest favours teams that dont rely on going first, and that can take a punch or two. early on the most accessible teams of that category are padme and GG, and both of thoose can do good work even in hard conquest.
    CLS, GAS or a GL are usually needed to beat the rly hard nodes, like maul mandos.

and then, the conquest endgame isnt about getting through conquest, but to get the feats, and thats something where it changes every 3 months, so you cant build specifically for it.

Early Game:
    Mid Game:
    End Game:

I'm being serious when I say this: Galactic Legends. Because while there are "some" nodes you can beat with other teams, you need all six GL's to 3-star everything because of the excessive amount of bonuses and buffs you all put on these nodes, making too many of them more difficult than the bosses and mini-bosses. I say all six because there are nodes where my JMK team gets destroyed, some where it's JML, SLKR, Rey, etc. Why? Because CG doesn't know anything about balance. It's either stupid easy, or stupid hard. (Though not much in conquest is stupid easy)

Even some "regular" nodes are tougher than "challenge" nodes and the worst part is, we all get different teams based on CG's employee of the month, every month, RNG! You have no pattern or strategy of what's going to get stupidly excessive bonuses and what doesn't. Sure, sector 5 gets overprepared 650 and sector 4 gets overprepared 450.

Any "fun" team I'd want to try in here is going to get demolished by teams you place on these nodes because of the excessiveness of buffs. Hard counters to certain teams get destroyed in conquest. GL's get destroyed in conquest. You have teams taking 4, 5, 6 turns even before my Galactic Legends get to take a turn.

Get your GL's, with them you can get through this. (With the characters and teams you have to relic up to get GL's, they can supplement.)

• Until the Steadfast Retribution modifier is removed from the game completely, there will never be an early or midgame list of teams.

Can you define early, mid and end game though? It seems like they've all blended into one with how excruciatingly difficult it is to take any given unit to relic 5.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    Until the Steadfast Retribution modifier is removed from the game completely, there will never be an early or midgame list of teams.

Can you define early, mid and end game though? It seems like they've all blended into one with how excruciatingly difficult it is to take any given unit to relic 5.

Easy, normal and hard mode?

Early Game:
    Mid Game:
    End Game:

Don't invest in this forum question....CG clearly doesn't care about the players. You answer and they will make things worse.
  • Rius
    356 posts Member
    edited June 2022

Early Game:
    Any team with synergy and some relic.
    1.Geo’s
    2.JKR
    3.CLS / Padme
    Mid Game: Some feat specific
    1.CLS
    2.Padme
    3.GAS/501st
    End Game: feat specific and GL.
    1. JMK/CAT
    2. JML
    3. SLKR

I included feat specific but mid game it’s a roll of the dice if you can do these feats. Not sure enough time to get a new faction high enough. Or play around with what you have so I have to do Sith feat based on DV and EP out of my empire squad and add in some weak Sith not fully levelled and do this in sector 1. Same as old republic I have JKR, Bindo and **** levelled but just add in the left over old republic for feat in sector 1 and 2. The more broader your rosters the better the chance you will have the theme factions.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    If you were going to tell someone to invest in 3-5 teams for Conquest, which teams would you recommend them?

Early Game:
    Mid Game:
    End Game:

I would be More interested on receive an answer on the threads where I tagged you and you clearly are ignoring for months.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    But for conquest:
    Early game:
    1- Gear economy half phase 1
    2- Announcement of phase 2
    3- Apply phase 2

Mid game:
    1- Announcement of phase 3
    2- QoL updates announced
    3- QoL updates applied

End game:
    1- announce the remaining gear economy phases
    2- apply the remaining gear phases
    3- More QoL, hire someone to make a bridge on communication between Devs and Customers
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Rebel and Jedi are your bread and butter and form the backbones that will get you stronger teams later on.

Sith Empire has some tougher requirements, but if you aim for that for the middle of your game you'll have a lot of versatility.

Later game I would suggest focusing on Galactic Legend requirements, which, if you did Rebel and Jedi early on will mean Jedi Master Luke or Kenobi.

Part of the problem in planning is that what teams you use are going to depend on the feats required and the data discs available for the particular Conquest. The ones available right now incentivize debuffs, but if Amplify Agony isn't in the mix for the next set of Conquests that really changes things. But, over all, I think if you have a Rebel, a Jedi, a Sith Empire, and an Empire team you'll be able to adapt to any set of feats and discs.

501st also serves well if there's a "+protection on crit" disc in the mix because you can keep Anakin alive forever.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • If I was going to suggest 1 team to work on as first priority, that will still be used throughout your time in game, I'd say the standard CLS rebels team. CLS, Han, Chewy, Chewpio, C-3P0.

Not only are they a team that can get you through many enemies, but they are also adaptable to a wide variety of feats.

First off, Han doesn't care about how fast the conquest modifiers make the enemy, he gets you an opportunity to get ahead. CLS lead plus some disks gets you a TM train.

There are heaps of different debuffs handed out by the team, so in various conquests the apply x debuff y times can often be done with this team.

You've got a wide range of tags on the team, so they can count for rebel, scoundrel, droid and unaligned force user feats. Also no tank in the team for unguarded feat.

You can also break up the team, taking Han and Chewy into a Bando team to engage easy mode if you get the right disks. Bando doesn't have to do anything other than bring his lead, then you can load any other 2 characters required for a feat. 3 star Nihilus and sion? No problem.

The droids can hang out with other droids if needed. You can sub out C-3P0 for another toon to help with some feats.

They are super versatile.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Early Game:
    Mid Game:
    End Game:

Early game would be: Phoenix, wedge rebels and papa palp

Mid game is of course CLS, JKR and Geos

End game: GL’s. Otherwise BAD BATCH, Imps and GAS

The problem with conquest teams is that you guys at CG have enemy’s with unknown base stats and stat modifiers. It’s a game of who knows what the enemy will be and you have far too much RNG in teams you face and data disks discovered for use. There’s not definitive answer to give until you guys finally listen to the community and implement improvements to conquest that have been needed for over a year.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Why do I get the feeling that the only reason this question is asked, is for CG to gain data on which teams to soft nerf in future conquests?
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    Nice try CG

*(inb4 every team mentioned here that works is magically nerfed in every future conquest under the pretext that "players were bored and completing conquest too early and easily with these teams")
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    dgree wrote: »
    Nice try CG

*(inb4 every team mentioned here that works is magically nerfed in every future conquest under the pretext that "players were bored and completing conquest too early and easily with these teams")

Yeah, that's exactly what's going to happen, seems like the people here never learn.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    Until the Steadfast Retribution modifier is removed from the game completely, there will never be an early or midgame list of teams.

Gee, I wonder how people beat easy or normal these days...
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Gale_Toral wrote: »

Gee, I wonder how people beat easy or normal these days...

With data disks, and one specific OP team. Not a list of them.