Same GAC problem, different day.

Engage
267 posts Member
I'm putting this out here because it makes me so mad! I don't care if I've won.
My opponent only placed 2 teams on defense. I got a flawless victory and top points for both of them.
But what about the rest of his defenses that he didn't place? Is there a possibility of them still winning if they managed to clear my side with flawless victories, no matter how improbable that is? Because if for some reason they were capable of winning I would see it as cheating and as an exploit in the current system no matter how fair anyone thinks the system currently is. I have lost to players with GLs and this exact setup before with a single zone I could not clear.
Players should get an extra bonus towards points on top of what is given for every team the opponent has failed to place. Or better yet, GAC needs to have a feature that auto eliminates players who have failed to setup all of their defenses by the end of setup. While the player who has gets to earn rank and rewards like normal.
hsv19xl5fzpd.png

Replies

• That’s a lot of anger for someone who has won their match comfortably in less than 25 minutes.

Why would you want to eliminate players that set partial defence?
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    That’s a lot of anger for someone who has won their match comfortably in less than 25 minutes.

It should be considered no different than players who fail to attack and get nothing for it. Not meeting requirements for a valid defense setup should be the same thing.
  • Engage wrote: »
    That’s a lot of anger for someone who has won their match comfortably in less than 25 minutes.

It should be considered no different than players who fail to attack and get nothing for it. Not meeting requirements for a valid defense setup should be the same thing.
    Why?
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    vhb7i9ouv0b6.gif

MFW I win my GAC match.
  • You seem to be running into far more “issues” than most.

You’re clearly going to win this matchup, so I fail to see the problem of having a free win
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    You seem to be running into far more “issues” than most.

You’re clearly going to win this matchup, so I fail to see the problem of having a free win

You should read my post a few months ago about this exact same issue. I lost a bunch of battles in a row at the time and had no way to report people who were cheating. They cheated by not placing teams and still winning the round.
    At least my points disparity concern was addressed in another post. But I'm still not sure if I am earning maximum points from battles I do not have to fight.
  • It’s not cheating by any definition of that word…
  • Engage wrote: »
    You seem to be running into far more “issues” than most.

You should read my post a few months ago about this exact same issue. I lost a bunch of battles in a row at the time and had no way to report people who were cheating. They cheated by not placing teams and still winning the round.
    At least my points disparity concern was addressed in another post. But I'm still not sure if I am earning maximum points from battles I do not have to fight.

You are earning max points.

They didn’t cheat. They used a strategy and beat you.
  • That’s a lot of anger for someone who has won their match comfortably in less than 25 minutes.

It defeats the object of the game. 'To have a competitive and fun match up.' For those that don't set a defence at all, I think auto defence was better.

So even if they have a nefarious tactic up their sleeves; that would be down the drain. The player that wants to participate properly gets to have a crack a full defence.
  • harvestmouse
    890 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Engage wrote: »
    But I'm still not sure if I am earning maximum points from battles I do not have to fight.

You are earning max banners, yes. If they placed 2 defensive teams then yes you would get maximum you can earn minus what you dropped in your 2 battles.

If they placed zero defensive teams then you wouldn't get the first attack bonus I believe. So..... it's extremely unlikely but they could possibly beat you. It certainly isn't tactically a genius move though. It's far too likely to fail. There are a lot of defensive line ups that are very difficult to prevent banner steals.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Because they set 2 teams instead of 0, you can get max banners if you solo both teams and lose no points. The other guy can, theoretically, tie your score and win on a GP tie.

It's not a real problem though, so just take your free win and move on.
  • WELL I get the why, as the opponent can only score on the defenses you set, and by not setting them you save squads for offense. I thought I saw that there was a penalty for the lack of defense, I might have tried this strategy against an opponent. I wouldn’t consider it cheating if the rules allow it. Is it cheating that some players in my GAC have Legendary squads, so I have never done better than second place, rarely even make 4th place? Of course not. I have a huge GP number but F2P prevents me from building up any of the new power squads or Omicrons needed for Legends Journeys. I get rewards, I learn about squad capabilities, and yeah, somebody has to be the loser.
    To be honest, if it is going to make someone childishly mad who already has all the squad advantages, I plan to post two squads against an OP to see what happens.
  • MordSith wrote: »
    WELL I get the why, as the opponent can only score on the defenses you set, and by not setting them you save squads for offense. I thought I saw that there was a penalty for the lack of defense, I might have tried this strategy against an opponent. I wouldn’t consider it cheating if the rules allow it. Is it cheating that some players in my GAC have Legendary squads, so I have never done better than second place, rarely even make 4th place? Of course not. I have a huge GP number but F2P prevents me from building up any of the new power squads or Omicrons needed for Legends Journeys. I get rewards, I learn about squad capabilities, and yeah, somebody has to be the loser.
    To be honest, if it is going to make someone childishly mad who already has all the squad advantages, I plan to post two squads against an OP to see what happens.
    Second and 4th place are exactly the same thing.