Conquest Teams Strategy

Replies

• Conquest is a dynamic, constantly changing mode (thanks to CG stealth buffing enemies for the lulz to ruin strategy worked out in the first of the 3 conquests) with such fun modifiers as Overprepared & Steadfast Retribution and due to CG's terrible data disk distribution, what teams will work really comes down to what disks you can manage to get.

Want solutions? Spend money! Conquest pass+ is only $30 and while it doesn't ACTUALLY make it any easier, CG wants your money and you should give it to them! Just remember, CG doesn't think those of you in Easy or Normal deserve the same Conquest Pass+ that the ones in Hard get. so Easy and Normal don't even get shards! So generous!!!
  • If I was going to suggest 1 team to work on as first priority, that will still be used throughout your time in game, I'd say the standard CLS rebels team. CLS, Han, Chewy, Chewpio, C-3P0.

Not only are they a team that can get you through many enemies, but they are also adaptable to a wide variety of feats.

First off, Han doesn't care about how fast the conquest modifiers make the enemy, he gets you an opportunity to get ahead. CLS lead plus some disks gets you a TM train.

There are heaps of different debuffs handed out by the team, so in various conquests the apply x debuff y times can often be done with this team.

You've got a wide range of tags on the team, so they can count for rebel, scoundrel, droid and unaligned force user feats. Also no tank in the team for unguarded feat.

You can also break up the team, taking Han and Chewy into a Bando team to engage easy mode if you get the right disks. Bando doesn't have to do anything other than bring his lead, then you can load any other 2 characters required for a feat. 3 star Nihilus and sion? No problem.

The droids can hang out with other droids if needed. You can sub out C-3P0 for another toon to help with some feats.

They are super versatile.

except vs First Order where they tickle KRU the whole time adn time out.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gale_Toral wrote: »
    Until the Steadfast Retribution modifier is removed from the game completely, there will never be an early or midgame list of teams.

Gee, I wonder how people beat easy or normal these days...

With data disks, and one specific OP team. Not a list of them.

Looking at https://swgoh4.life/conquest/enemies/padme/, I can see at least these teams that are fairly straightforward to farm up: CLS, BB, Empire, Iden, Dash, and BH. So, there, you have your list of teams, in plural.
    Until the Steadfast Retribution modifier is removed from the game completely, there will never be an early or midgame list of teams.

Looking at https://swgoh4.life/conquest/enemies/padme/, I can see at least these teams that are fairly straightforward to farm up: CLS, BB, Empire, Iden, Dash, and BH. So, there, you have your list of teams, in plural.

everyone I know who's beat easy or normal Conquest has done so with 1 team especially OP. Just as Ravens said. (Bad Batch, CLS, Dash, Iden, Empire are not early game teams btw) :joy:
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    784 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

everyone I know who's beat easy or normal Conquest has done so with 1 team especially OP. Just as Ravens said. (Bad Batch, CLS, Dash, Iden, Empire are not early game teams btw) :joy:

That's because using an OP team is still the easiest and most efficient way to do it. Doesn't mean there are no other teams that can do it, which is the point the original comment was making.

On all those teams, the only toons not accelerated are Iden, Dash, and Omega. I don't know what you guys' criteria for "early teams" is.

Again, the original comment was asserting that there isn't a list of early or mid game teams as long as Steadfast Retribution is here. My comments were about that assertion. If you are going to argue for the OC, argue within that context.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    332 posts EA Community Manager
    lolol Tin foil must be out of stock after this thread was posted, wooooshhh :D

Thank you to those who took the time to have some fun and answer the question! <3
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Thank you to those who took the time to have some fun and answer the question! <3

@CG_Tusken_Meathead tin foil? Are you trying to assert that it’s a conspiracy theory regarding our concerns about the structure of Conquest? That it’s a conspiracy theory that there’s a laundry list of concerns for the game mode, including but not limited to: data disk RNG and triplicates or quadruplicates in the same slice; lack of variance of enemy teams to face; overuse of overprepared modifier; GAS having steadfast retribution rather than staunch reprisal; bugs helping players immediately being patched while bugs hurting taking exponentially longer to fix if at all; underwhelming rewards; stealth buffs to enemy teams; lack of stats of enemy teams….etc….

Perhaps I’m misreading that (I sincerely hope that I am). Otherwise that is a painfully tone deaf response that just resonates the current mindset and practice of CG as a whole.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

That's because using an OP team is still the easiest and most efficient way to do it. Doesn't mean there are no other teams that can do it, which is the point the original comment was making.

On all those teams, the only toons not accelerated are Iden, Dash, and Omega. I don't know what you guys' criteria for "early teams" is.

Again, the original comment was asserting that there isn't a list of early or mid game teams as long as Steadfast Retribution is here. My comments were about that assertion. If you are going to argue for the OC, argue within that context.

Early game teams are those teams that players have fast access to that begin some kind of pathway to legendary toons and their team comps. Building up dash and the associated scoundrel team does nothing except one piece of starkiller which doesn’t even work until you get Dash and the rest of the reqs to relic levels.

Early game players do not have that. So a team like Phoenix who unlocks Thrawn and palpatine are considered early game due to the ease of starting them up and gearing them at low levels for those legendary unlocks.
  • PumaK wrote: »
    dgree wrote: »
    Nice try CG

*(inb4 every team mentioned here that works is magically nerfed in every future conquest under the pretext that "players were bored and completing conquest too early and easily with these teams")

Yeah, that's exactly what's going to happen, seems like the people here never learn.

@Ravens1113 See above for the perfect example from another member of the tinfoil hat brigade
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    i should start a tinfoil selling business

The market is ripe

@CG_Tusken_Meathead tin foil? Are you trying to assert that it’s a conspiracy theory regarding our concerns about the structure of Conquest?

The conspiracy theory being: If you took this thread seriously and gave a serious answer, CG would nerf that team in Conquest.

I think a lot of the guys here would do very well at this game

UeeajfmymH9qKv4qVkFIHsnnRQ-Ir4A_wO1kyLHYM0UMpTKhJVmJa0ylQ31n0xAvze0=s1200

Early game teams are those teams that players have fast access to that begin some kind of pathway to legendary toons and their team comps. Building up dash and the associated scoundrel team does nothing except one piece of starkiller which doesn’t even work until you get Dash and the rest of the reqs to relic levels.

Early game players do not have that. So a team like Phoenix who unlocks Thrawn and palpatine are considered early game due to the ease of starting them up and gearing them at low levels for those legendary unlocks.

Ok, so an early player would not have the Dash team. Fine, what about the CLS team? Or the Bounty Hunter team? I'd also argue that the Bad Batch team is not a bad choice for an early player either. They are useful in quite a few places, not just conquests.

And let's not just conveniently focus on early players only. Since the OC mentioned both early and mid game, what about mid game players? The Dash team would be reachable and a great asset in GAC, actually. The Iden team as well - the idea of that team is a low star Iden leading the leftover Implerial Troopers. And surely they would have that Empire team and that Padme team by now?
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead

@CG_Tusken_Meathead tin foil? Are you trying to assert that it’s a conspiracy theory regarding our concerns about the structure of Conquest? That it’s a conspiracy theory that there’s a laundry list of concerns for the game mode, including but not limited to: data disk RNG and triplicates or quadruplicates in the same slice; lack of variance of enemy teams to face; overuse of overprepared modifier; GAS having steadfast retribution rather than staunch reprisal; bugs helping players immediately being patched while bugs hurting taking exponentially longer to fix if at all; underwhelming rewards; stealth buffs to enemy teams; lack of stats of enemy teams….etc….

Perhaps I’m misreading that (I sincerely hope that I am). Otherwise that is a painfully tone deaf response that just resonates the current mindset and practice of CG as a whole.

Yes, Tin Foil, all of the Tin Foil

Especially the Tin Foil conspiracy theory that my fun question was going to take the responses and go tell the rest of the team to go nerf those characters/teams :D

VERY MUCH TIN FOIL! :smiley:
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Ultra wrote: »
    i should start a tinfoil selling business

The market is ripe

Do it, you wont.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member

Ok, so an early player would not have the Dash team. Fine, what about the CLS team? Or the Bounty Hunter team? I'd also argue that the Bad Batch team is not a bad choice for an early player either. They are useful in quite a few places, not just conquests.

And let's not just conveniently focus on early players only. Since the OC mentioned both early and mid game, what about mid game players? The Dash team would be reachable and a great asset in GAC, actually. The Iden team as well - the idea of that team is a low star Iden leading the leftover Implerial Troopers. And surely they would have that Empire team and that Padme team by now?

As an early player CLS would be possible but it would mean to invest resources into characters which are not usable in any mode, maybe only a weak defence for GAC except for R2. You wouldn't normally do that, because it's better to invest in teams that can move you forward and are viable.

I like the Bounties, but it's similar with them. As an early player you normally have other priorities.

Those are teams more for mid game, aswell as the examples you gave for mid game, I agree there. 😉
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

CLS can be early but as it’s been said, then it’s diverting a lot of resources for one specific team that doesn’t go anywhere immediately helpful. The optimum team needs extra resources diverted on Ewoks for 3PO so I’d argue it would be more mid game.

For mid game though, oh yes, dash can be with more resources available now but still I’d argue that he wouldn’t be a priority over teams like GAS, JKR, Padme, DR, etc. Iden actually can be a stone wall for GAC at low gear at that point (early and mid) but her viability on a mode like conquest is a bit….eh…especially at such low gear levels.

The problem too is that every set of Conquests prioritizes certain factions over others so focusing on one given the farming times just for conquest isn’t too smart. Not to mention the constant changes and lack of QoL make that choice even less appealing.

Honestly the best thing to ever spend money on as a new player is the hyperdrive bundle to get you going if you never spend another dime on the game and then work for a GL. Personally I think SLKR is best because of the viable teams you get on the way, doubling up some reqs for SEE and you also develop a VERY good offensive team for fleets.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Especially the Tin Foil conspiracy theory that my fun question was going to take the responses and go tell the rest of the team to go nerf those characters/teams :D

If you think what I said was Tin foil then that explains the severe lack of anything player friendly from CG all year. *Cough* Gear Economy changes* Cough*

Although yes, I agree that you making this thread for the sole purpose to compile a list of more nerfs indeed is.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead

Although yes, I agree that you making this thread for the sole purpose to compile a list of more nerfs indeed is.

I'm glad we're in agreement

So I’m just curious, what is the benefit of a paid employee of cg talking about the player base in this way? I don’t disagree with you by any stretch, i just don’t see how this interaction is helpful to your relationship with the community.

This just likely increases the distrust between the players and cg while having zero possible ability to lighten the mood overall on the forums.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

On that one excerpt yes. Although it is telling that you didn’t comment or acknowledge any other part of what I said. Glad to see CG still muzzles their CM’s from answering prudent and important questions. Does wonders for the trust the players have for your company
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

So I’m just curious, what is the benefit of a paid employee of cg talking about the player base in this way? I don’t disagree with you by any stretch, i just don’t see how this interaction is helpful to your relationship with the community.

This just likely increases the distrust between the players and cg while having zero possible ability to lighten the mood overall on the forums.

The problem isn’t with the interaction itself. I always enjoyed when CM’s would make light hearted posts like this and interact with us beyond update notes. Made things seem more human.

The issue is the timing. The last couple RA’s and SotG’s lacked Anything of substance and also had big chunks of them that were already announced toons or updates. Datacrons being added with no mention of the promised gear economy improvements for the rest of P1 or any of P2. Zero UI or QoL for conquest or the game in general really. And the list keeps going. So when the only communicate we get are vanilla update notes with more progression pinch points and more marquee toons and a GI legendary who was sold as a TW GL killer only for the caveat he’s not meant to beat them with their Conquest counterpart; it’s not going to be well received. There’s a lot of animosity and anger in the community right now, and it’s by CG’s own doing.

I know Meathead means well but until CG stops silencing the CM’s and actually gives players what they promised….that won’t go away
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead

I think making a light hearted joke about the tin foil hat theories that this post is meant to nerf everything people suggest is exactly what some folks need in this forum.

I appreciate your opinion, its a valid one.

I have, what I believe a great interaction with folks both here and in other communities on Discord, with me being who I am.

While your caution is noted, calling out Tin Foil hat theories will not stop haha :)

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited June 2022
    Speaking of nerfs

We need to nerf Metahead’s communication

it was much better when our CMs didn’t crack a joke or showed interest in how others were playing the game
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Speaking of nerfs

We need to nerf Metahead’s communication

it was much better when our CMs didn’t crack a joke or showed interest in how others were playing the game

CG already nerfed that. Considering how there’s tons of things that need communication but….you know :)

Please stop trying to deflect on how CG needs to address tons of issues but instead send out devs like MeatHead to catch flak for trying to be a human with a hostile community.

Maybe CG can nerf their greed and nerf their incapability of listening to their players?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I get what you’re going for, and I appreciate it, but you have to understand how toxic the players on this forum are—you could make an idle post about, oh, say, for the sake of something totally random that would surely never happen, liking bagels and the players on this board would scream about how you don’t deserve bagels and then for six months any time you make a post somewhere you’ll be called Bagel Boy.

It’s like Nuclear War—the only way to win is to not play.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Some people are only happy when they’re miserable. That’s why they keep playing a game they hate.

Some, still, are only made happier by making other people miserable. That’s why they complain about a game they hate on the forum and keep on playing anyway.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    NicWester wrote: »

I get what you’re going for, and I appreciate it, but you have to understand how toxic the players on this forum are—you could make an idle post about, oh, say, for the sake of something totally random that would surely never happen, liking bagels and the players on this board would scream about how you don’t deserve bagels and then for six months any time you make a post somewhere you’ll be called Bagel Boy.

For the record, New York bagels are the best bagels, specifically Everything bagels

Toasted well, some butter, perfection.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

For the record, New York bagels are the best bagels, specifically Everything bagels

Toasted well, some butter, perfection.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, “New York water is the best water in the world” we get it 😝
  • Whatelse73
    2147 posts Member

One issue that doesn't need tin foil, the TM loading that some teams have in conquest. Please, with sugar on top, get them to stop TM loading teams? If my Relic 9 Galactic Legend can't take a turn until the AI team takes FOUR, it's an excessive level of rubbish. I can't even get a third star against a Maul Mando team because no matter what GL I use, they are taking 4 turns before I can even move. What's the point of that again, is it challenging or fun, or do you expect it to be both? (I've swapped a variety of discs too, wasting conquest energy to do so as well.)
  • Drathuk916
    625 posts Member
    edited June 2022

The problem isn’t with the interaction itself. I always enjoyed when CM’s would make light hearted posts like this and interact with us beyond update notes. Made things seem more human.

The issue is the timing. The last couple RA’s and SotG’s lacked Anything of substance and also had big chunks of them that were already announced toons or updates. Datacrons being added with no mention of the promised gear economy improvements for the rest of P1 or any of P2. Zero UI or QoL for conquest or the game in general really. And the list keeps going. So when the only communicate we get are vanilla update notes with more progression pinch points and more marquee toons and a GI legendary who was sold as a TW GL killer only for the caveat he’s not meant to beat them with their Conquest counterpart; it’s not going to be well received. There’s a lot of animosity and anger in the community right now, and it’s by CG’s own doing.

I know Meathead means well but until CG stops silencing the CM’s and actually gives players what they promised….that won’t go away

I’m fairly positive I came across more hostile, miserable, fill in negative adjective here than intended. I knew it was a light hearted comment and certainly think your position is valid as much as you think my point is.

For the record, I enjoy the game very much though I certainly have issues with it. My biggest concerns, which are obvious if you read past comments from me, are the poor communication from cg and decisions that seem to ignore the biggest issues from the community. I certainly don’t fault you, @CG_Tusken_Meathead, for this.

I generally try to give constructive feedback and not post vitriol. The tin foil hat comment just struck me oddly given how ignored and frustrated many of us feel by cg. Datacrons might turn out to be a great thing for gac and tw by keeping it fresh and interesting. However, even if that’s true, it’ll still have ramped up the grind of conquest and the cost of conquest which has been too much for the past 8.

It’ll also widen the relative power gap between low to mid game players who punch up in gac. Sure these players will continue to win matches due to lack of participation by their opponents but winning matches can not entirely make up for having to be matched up against an opponent where your only prayer of winning is they don’t participate.

Anyway apologies for derailing the thread. I concur with most answers here that cls is by far the most useful pre-gl team to develop for conquest whether or not you classify it early or mid. I wouldn’t change the order of your gl acquisition due to how they preform in conquest so whatever order you prefer go for it.