Replies

• I seriously hope other people still don’t understand how datacrons work and are still as confused as I am.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    The New interface When squads are placed on TW it's horrible and atrocious
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I seriously hope other people still don’t understand how datacrons work and are still as confused as I am.

It's really easy to understand, you waste ressources to do a temporary boost to a (X Ratacron = X team) on that ressources wasted you also need to add the reroll if you do some.

When the Time pass and the Ratacron get recicled you receive a very small fraction of what you invested (but don't include on this the rerolling mats) , so for new ones you have to invest even a lot more.

To define it more easily, it's a programmed obsolescence to make a big $ profit with 0 effort.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I seriously hope other people still don’t understand how datacrons work and are still as confused as I am.

More players don't understand datacrons than do, I'm sure of that.
  • [quote="Salatious_Scrum;
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

It's mods made easy: Less possibilities, one per team instead of one per character, not a chore to farm or manage.

Now to be helpful: go to your datacron page: each level tells you the bonus/power each member of the team will receive when you'll equip the datacron (by selecting it instead of selecting an allied unit before a fight), the conditions to receive the power (only for level 3, 6 and 9) and the minimum relic level your team needs to be to activate the bonus/power.

If you use the bonus battles at the end of sectors in conquest to complete your feats, you will receive passively datacrons materials via conquest (and TW). Use them to upgrade your datacrons. If you want to upgrade them more, go to the datacron store for extra material, but at the cost of ressources you could use for gear.

Datacrons are active until the date written on the page in your inventory. After that, they're destroyed.

Each cycle of 1 Conquest + 4 TW (about 1 month) will give you materials for one category of datacron (this month "Treatise Inquisitorius", name on the datacron info page ingame) which will last for 3 months. So after the exhibition period, we will have 3 categories of datacrons in our inventory and each month one category will be destroyed and replaced.

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    For Character-specific Bonuses, that specific Character must meet the Relic requirements in addition to all previous Bonus Mechanics being active

It's not what's written in game: "Activates on target character in squads at or above Relic 7".
  • You have significantly misinterpreted the needs in the game when adding Datacrons. The most exciting part of the game is to develop teams and roster to solve problems. To find a solution on a difficult squad in arena, TW or GA, or TB for that sake is a great challange and really exciting when beating that team. When adding Datacrons you are just removing all of that excitement. You could argue that you could farm Datacrons to counter other Datacrons but that is just taking the complexity to far.

I have never seen such outrage and so many high end players leaving the game and I will for sure leave unless this is removed.

What we need is characters and play modes. Adding more characters adds to the pool of opportunities, and play modes of course adds areas to use the characters and teams in.

You have a great game, with a lot of fun stuff to do, but adding this feature is not only "no fun" it is actually REMOVING the fun stuff. TW and GA will become a mess instead of something exciting to look forward to.

please please please remove this, so that me and many others will get to keep playing with you
  • I have just one question.

Why does Galactic Republic have a bonus on inflicting stagger when there is not a single Galactic Republic unit out there that anyhow applies it? Its quite literally a completely useless effect.
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    I have just one question.

Why does Galactic Republic have a bonus on inflicting stagger when there is not a single Galactic Republic unit out there that anyhow applies it? Its quite literally a completely useless effect.

GL jar jar confirmed.
  • Good news! The datacrons didn’t have an impact on TW. Primarily because no one seems to be using them :) hope this metric will make CG remove them altogether.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    Good news! The datacrons didn’t have an impact on TW. Primarily because no one seems to be using them :) hope this metric will make CG remove them altogether.

How nice for you. Ours did and it was a hot mess.
  • Good news! The datacrons didn’t have an impact on TW. Primarily because no one seems to be using them :) hope this metric will make CG remove them altogether.

in both guilds I'm in I saw datacrons. either you're in a very small guild or you're lucky.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    strafeSS wrote: »
    Good news! The datacrons didn’t have an impact on TW. Primarily because no one seems to be using them :) hope this metric will make CG remove them altogether.

How nice for you. Ours did and it was a hot mess.

in both guilds I'm in I saw datacrons. either you're in a very small guild or you're lucky.

Not ours. 400M guilds, no more than 3-4 datacrons per zone, and I didn't notice anything over level 3.
  • Obviously the first two tws and first week of gac will have a low amount of datacrons. I certainly expect to start seeing level 6s and above in the second week of gac and level 9s in the third week plus second set of tws.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Obviously the first two tws and first week of gac will have a low amount of datacrons. I certainly expect to start seeing level 6s and above in the second week of gac and level 9s in the third week plus second set of tws.

Followed by an exodus

• strafeSS wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Obviously the first two tws and first week of gac will have a low amount of datacrons. I certainly expect to start seeing level 6s and above in the second week of gac and level 9s in the third week plus second set of tws.

Followed by an exodus

More than likely.
  • Can we get a date on when the next set of datacrons will be released every month?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Am I right in remembering that each set of datacrons will have its own leveling materials? Acumen Mk1/2/3 will only apply to this Inquisitorious set?

If that's the case, we're going to need to up the drop rate on the bonus conquest nodes. It's far too low. If Acumen is used for every set forever and ever, then.... Eh. Might still want to boost it a little bit.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Am I right in remembering that each set of datacrons will have its own leveling materials? Acumen Mk1/2/3 will only apply to this Inquisitorious set?

If that's the case, we're going to need to up the drop rate on the bonus conquest nodes. It's far too low. If Acumen is used for every set forever and ever, then.... Eh. Might still want to boost it a little bit.

Or they could...sell packs :#
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

I also think the drop rates are bad (compared to their shop counterparts as well). I think this is the currency used for crons forever. Acumens and alteration mats. Crons get auto dismantled at the end of their period and you get some currency back.
  • Acumen Mk1 is too scarce, and the Conquest Nodes reward so little of it. I am going to end up bottle-necked by that material more than anything.

Drop rates, the amounts rewarded from events (like the Conquest Crate), or just the amount given when dismantling a lvl 0 datacron need to be increased.

The scarcity is probably by design by CG, but it kills my desire to push my datacrons further when I can't even get enough of the most basic material.
  • I agree, however, I do think once DCs have been around longer, and we have more and more dismantled each month, we'll have a better jump on the new "season" than each previous one. to see how it feels in a few months when we have several dismantled each cycle.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

I also think the drop rates are bad (compared to their shop counterparts as well). I think this is the currency used for crons forever. Acumens and alteration mats. Crons get auto dismantled at the end of their period and you get some currency back.

The mats are specific to the set.

Next conquest introduces a new set and the mats from conquest will be for that set.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Next conquest introduces a new set and the mats from conquest will be for that set.

Is there any info on this? If they are specific then what use are the mats we will get when they auto-dismantle? What about manual dismantling?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Is there any info on this? If they are specific then what use are the mats we will get when they auto-dismantle? What about manual dismantling?

It's in the RA.

When Set 1 expires, it will happen concurrent with Set 4 being released. Set 1 auto-dismantles into Set 4 mats.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I assume if you manually dismantle you get that set's mats.
  • Okay... that sounds awful. So DC mats are use it or lose it, basically.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Yeah, that’s what I thought, thanks for confirming.

We definitely need an improved drop rate if we only get one shot at farming each set.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @NicWester

I'm happy with a drop rate of zero.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    zvtfveayi06a.jpeg

So this is new with the update that just rolled out? Haven’t seen any announcement. Just noticed when looking at my next GAC opponent but seems DC are now active in arena?

My vote would have gone to having DC in less game modes, not more.
This discussion has been closed.