My god, that GI event has to be the most frustrating thing yet.

Prev1
EVERYTHING IS RNG.

Every tier. Every encounter of every tier. It doesn't matter which lead you pick. EVERYTHING. IS. RNG.

The GI has no cooldown in every Tier, meaning he can, if the AI decides to, spam his AoE every turn, stay at full health whenever and dispel all debuffs each time.

The enemies of the 2nd Encounter get TM that cannot be prevented, so the tooltips recommending dazes are just pure spit in the face.

Tier 4, where you face Fulcrum Ahsoka, is by far the worst because she can nuke all your units in 1 basic if she EVER catches you without crit immunity.

This event managed to create an inevitability between the event being poorly designed or Inquisitors being that bad. I can't formulate a single positive thing to say about it no matter how hard I try. There is NOTHING good to say about it.

Some Zetas like 7th Sister heal and 8th Brother 2nd special are borderline mandatory. Mods cannot be below a certain threshold of stats, you HAVE to have pretty good mods.

And even with all of that, you could STILL struggle for a long time. Even Skelturix allegedly spent over an entire hour just on the Ahsoka fight alone.

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited June 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfTuCGM6gPY

Doesn't look like RNG to me

Its about control (by timing your debuffs right)
  • Ultra wrote: »

Its not undoable. But it is extremely frustrating. Control with debuffs almost doesn't matter because they get unresistable TM and run circles around you. This becomes particularily noticeable with the Kenobi tier.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

It’s about them making an event for an underwhelming legendary grueling and annoying when it shouldn’t be.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

It’s about them making an event for an underwhelming legendary grueling and annoying when it shouldn’t be.

Almost makes you think that r5 requirement makes sense now, huh?
  • It wasn't that bad once I put on my best mods. Not like the gas event.

Now just wondering which inquisitor drops out of the 5 to put in GI
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    It wasn't that bad once I put on my best mods. Not like the gas event.

Now just wondering which inquisitor drops out of the 5 to put in GI

Its tough... they are each so bad
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

That assumes they couldnt tune it for gear 12 with 5 star unlock
  • The problem is the inquisitors are garbage. Second sister can’t get past 35k damage. I would have rather brought in Ewoks and probably would have made the event easy. It’s like as soon as they get to gear 7 their damage stops at that gear. They all need support tags because none of them hit like attackers.

Also for 6 months this event could have been done in a couple weeks. No cinematics, dialogue was less than 3 words, no unique design stragety wise. Literally just put no cooldown and damage. I think this really shows that CG is done with the game and they are just waiting for EA to pull the plug. They are burnt out and don’t care about it anymore. They need to put in a new fresh team because it’s not cutting it anymore.

Only because they tuned the enemy units to be at that level. Numbers are very easily tweaked, and they had absolutely no reason to make it this way other than make people spend money to 7* and R5 the inquisitors.

If anything, it only further incentivises how little this event is worth it whatsoever.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

You act as if the R5 req wasn’t because they wanted to maximize spending by forcing 7* farms and high gear costs. You also act as if they can’t tune an event to be easier for lower stars and gear lmao.
  • This event took me almost 3 hours to beat because of RNG. Extremely frustrating. I rather of done the old g12 lightside malak run than this crap of an event
  • I take solace in the fact that these dopes aren’t in charge of anything important, or else we would be North Korea.
  • Concur. It is an event people don’t enjoy. It is not 100% RNG, but it is quite RNG even you master the tactics of controls, you will still need wait for the stars to lineup so that ATF gets burned and DOT to death. No other way to directly kill it I think.

What? No. The opposite of that.

If the event is going to be a frustrating RNG fest at r5 then you don't have to have an r5 requirement. You can leave it open to anyone and you STILL won't have people with g12 squads getting GI b/c no human is going to sit there long enough to make it happen.

Events need to be hard if they're open to everyone in order to eliminate over saturation of the game with a new toon. It's a way to keep the toon exclusive.

HOWEVER if the event is closed to all but a few people, it doesn't have to be hard. Over saturation is prevented by the simple expedient that the vast majority are ineligible.

The r5 requirement makes less sense than ever.
  • what's the point to wave one against the GI. other than to use up H/P before wave 2. You learn nothing about the toon ur getting

What? No. The opposite of that.

If the event is going to be a frustrating RNG fest at r5 then you don't have to have an r5 requirement. You can leave it open to anyone and you STILL won't have people with g12 squads getting GI b/c no human is going to sit there long enough to make it happen.

Events need to be hard if they're open to everyone in order to eliminate over saturation of the game with a new toon. It's a way to keep the toon exclusive.

HOWEVER if the event is closed to all but a few people, it doesn't have to be hard. Over saturation is prevented by the simple expedient that the vast majority are ineligible.

The r5 requirement makes less sense than ever.

Chewbacca legendary event is a mighty good example for that. No restrictions aside from the star count, but its just hard enough that you gotta figure out your investments, which made the investing itself actually worth something. Not to mention both the unit you get and the ones you built are all very useful even late into the game.
  • Tcetter
    55 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    This event certainly IS highly reliant on RNG. Otherwise you wouldn’t have such variable outcomes using the same exact attack strategy. One try I get through GI with no issues and get Fulrum Down to a sliver of health before losing. Next try GI kills 2 inquisitors.
  • zatchy
    123 posts Member

I don’t think you watched that video. 2:43 mark he starts talking about backing out if you get into a mass ability block death spiral. Also his 12 attempts on GMY. Just saying.

My ultimate complaints are this team sucks to use. It’s not fun. It’s got zero interesting mechanics and I don’t think GI changed that. So making a difficult event to force us to replay this trash team over and over, is a bad idea.
  • zatchy wrote: »

I don’t think you watched that video. 2:43 mark he starts talking about backing out if you get into a mass ability block death spiral. Also his 12 attempts on GMY. Just saying.

My ultimate complaints are this team sucks to use. It’s not fun. It’s got zero interesting mechanics and I don’t think GI changed that. So making a difficult event to force us to replay this trash team over and over, is a bad idea.

Right dude it actually makes me wanna quit this game since i bl**dy whaled for nothing the inquisitors dps are absolutely horrendous and even with unlocking Grand inquisitor if i ever unlock him doesn’t even help i think i might just full on refund and give up capital games are so good at ruining the fun out of this game can’t even get past ahsoka it’s utterly useless i give this event minus 5 out of 10 Cg needs to think carefully other than rushing bringing out characters but i have zero respect for them after what they done i want my money back!
  • My game crashed directly arter i finnished last mission, Bow i cant unlock the char...
  • Frippe wrote: »
    My game crashed directly arter i finnished last mission, Bow i cant unlock the char...
    Jeez thats harsh did u update ur game through app store or google play?
  • Updated thrue Google play. :/
    Updated thrue Google play. :/

I had that earlier but wasn’t doing the event luckily i am really not liking the datacrons and the grand inquisitor being hard and useless :/ howd u get passed ahsoka bit since u mentioned u were on the last node.
  • I used second sister and got Lucky xD. But for me Maul was a pain. the last mission was the easiest

Imagine thinking the difficulty of unlock is what determines requirements.
    I used second sister and got Lucky xD. But for me Maul was a pain. the last mission was the easiest
    Yh still can’t do ahsoka most of my speed are 300 some of them have damage mods on them lol its just not working the frustration is beyond my level

Seriously? (I don't think you watched the full video you referenced. lol) Even Skelturix, the master of theorycrafting talked about having to do somewhere between 50 and 100 attempts to get past Fulcrum. (even with timing, order of battle, etc.) I got through Luminara easily, but Ezra is superpowered, Kanan heals from debuffs even with heal block, Fulcrum has both her own cleansing power AND Kanan's ability to heal herself when she gets debuffs. (She heals to 100% from cleansing debuffs instead of taking damage.) I got through GMY in about 5 attempts, Maul and GK were first try for me.

It's R.N.G. as much as it's all that other stuff. If CG tested it with a regular account instead of the 15 million GP accounts they have, they'd see the issues with this one.

I had to put my GL mods on each inquisitor and I ran 2nd sister for most of the tiers because of the offense boost, since they all hit like Bariss, for a seemingly so-so character unlock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny-349Y4Qj4
  • I did 4 attempts on Fulcrum and 1 shot all other tiers except.....

...Maul!!!
    That tier took me about 200 attempts. Kenobi in final tier was surprisingly easy for me.

So yes, very RNG imo
  • I did 4 attempts on Fulcrum and 1 shot all other tiers except.....

...Maul!!!
    That tier took me about 200 attempts. Kenobi in final tier was surprisingly easy for me.

So yes, very RNG imo

With relic 7+ im guessing my speed are high as they are along with offence mods etcnonly good ones i have and still struggling.