Replies

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    I agree, however, I do think once DCs have been around longer, and we have more and more dismantled each month, we'll have a better jump on the new "season" than each previous one. to see how it feels in a few months when we have several dismantled each cycle.

Not sure about that. The dc calendar might be there to compensate for the dismantled dc we don’t have.
  • strafeSS wrote: »
    zvtfveayi06a.jpeg

So this is new with the update that just rolled out? Haven’t seen any announcement. Just noticed when looking at my next GAC opponent but seems DC are now active in arena?

My vote would have gone to having DC in less game modes, not more.

More places to practice without it mattering is good.
  • Within about a week, without really trying I have over a dozen datacrons. I only have 5 up to level 3.

We don't need more datacrons that we can't upgrade because we don't have materials, we need more materials. Within three months I'll have 50-75 datacrons and most will sit at level 0. Give us more materials (and/or reduce the amount of lower level mats it takes to upgrade datacrons to higher levels.) 50 level 1 mats for level 6 of a datacron is excessive when you don't give us that many options to get more level 1 mats. (I'll buy them with crystals if I get my crystals refunded at the end of a datacron season when we all go back to zero.)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    NicWester

I'm happy with a drop rate of zero.

Very insightful feedback. Thank you for tagging me so that I would see it for sure. I’ll make certain to tell the courier that drops off my schill paychecks so it’ll get to CG 🙄
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Put Acumen mk1 into the daily prizebox. Like 5-10. The drop rate is Very Bad and you get a whopping 1 when dismantling a level 1 datacron.
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    so currently FTP I've managed to get 1 cron to lvl 3 and 1 to lvl 2, both have lousy rolls, I had a single re-roll available so far.
    there is now no way to beat a big spender in GAC as they are going to pump money in to these for every team. this is the end of FTP.
    These cannot be long farmed to reach the same end as big spenders just with a longer run.
    I've dropped down to a single account now as the will to play is pretty **** low. lets see how these play out but things look pretty bleak right now.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    NicWester wrote: »
    Put Acumen mk1 into the daily prizebox. Like 5-10. The drop rate is Very Bad and you get a whopping 1 when dismantling a level 1 datacron.

Youı get 5 in return which is the half of your investment. Though I fully agree acumen mk1s are a real problem. It's as if cg never pondered on the node farming node and merely assumed they will only be bought. Neither of the first 3 zone nodes prioritise acumen 1s and last 2 doesn't even have them. I'm now stuck with too many mk2-3s and no way to build the crons the level that needs them....besides buying mk1s.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Youı get 5 in return which is the half of your investment. Though I fully agree acumen mk1s are a real problem. It's as if cg never pondered on the node farming node and merely assumed they will only be bought. Neither of the first 3 zone nodes prioritise acumen 1s and last 2 doesn't even have them. I'm now stuck with too many mk2-3s and no way to build the crons the level that needs them....besides buying mk1s.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead

I think Nic meant a L0.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • What's more advisable as a f2p: taking 1 DC to level9-JMK (with the necessary rerolls), or having several LS/DS level3s?
  • I guess it depends. If I get more from dismantling than I was given for free, I should see a steady increase for a time.

I believe someone said we get about 25% of what we put in back when they are dismantled. Let's say I was given 100 "units" for free for this first month. If I invested 300 of my earned "units", that would mean 400 "units" total. So when they are dismantled, I'd get the same 100 to start as I had this time. In this scenario, I am breaking even and won't see growth over time. However, if I invest more than 300 "units" per month, I should see steady growth until I hit the equilibrium point.

mdftu1ii9i9x.png
    qtrivxbtg02d.png
    02ttgkq5s5mh.png
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    What's more advisable as a f2p: taking 1 DC to level9-JMK (with the necessary rerolls), or having several LS/DS level3s?

You can try to do a lvl9. Though you will have trouble landing the l9 to jmk, even if you do, you may not get the bonus you want. So I say skip 9 which also takes too many resources and do it till 8. It's mainly the level 4-5 bonuses I'm targeting which are more significant then 1-2. So I'd say build many upto lvl 3 and build a few at 4-5. Depending on your accumulation try to build one higher if you want. lvl 6 locks the faction to few options so I'd rather have more general but lower boosts to many teams which may make opponents stumble a bit.

Also consider this; zone 4 node gives you all the upgrade mats and none of the alteration mats so it can make you build upgrades faster and you can totally skip the alteration logic (besides adjusting lvl3 one) this way.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I guess it depends. If I get more from dismantling than I was given for free, I should see a steady increase for a time.

I believe someone said we get about 25% of what we put in back when they are dismantled. Let's say I was given 100 "units" for free for this first month. If I invested 300 of my earned "units", that would mean 400 "units" total. So when they are dismantled, I'd get the same 100 to start as I had this time. In this scenario, I am breaking even and won't see growth over time. However, if I invest more than 300 "units" per month, I should see steady growth until I hit the equilibrium point.

mdftu1ii9i9x.png
    qtrivxbtg02d.png
    02ttgkq5s5mh.png

layxhnafcpgx.png

This is what you get out of lvl8 dismantling. So it's pretty uneven. I didn't calculate what it took to get to lvl8, but this back payment makes it obvious the regained resources are targeted towards rebuilding the first few levels and bottlenecking higher levels.
  • Omilek
    16 posts Member
    Hi,
    So far i think datacron not as bad as we all initialy thought but i have few things i think need to be balanced.

The % of some upgrade are way too high. Maybe next season datacron should have less stats?

Unable to use datacron with Galactic legend should be a thing. Galactic legend already have the mastery stacking thing. Having massive boosting stats to one team is insane. Not talking about the unresisteble stun. My JMK did beat 3 GL to himself in my GAC defense (opponent told me his cat got perma stun throught his damage immunity/tenacity unable to delete my kenobi tank) simply because of the control he had targeting all arround people stunning them.

So my feedback is no GL datacron,
    And nerfing some of those stats.
  • masters
    231 posts Member
    Can you guys just scrap this datacron nonsense all together?
  • masters wrote: »
    Can you guys just scrap this datacron nonsense all together?

With the amount of work they put into it, I don't see that happening. But, they could restructure it and just make them simpler and less out of control. Like level 1 is 2% offense, level 9 is 20% offense. Or even L1 = 5% protection, L9 = 30% protection. And so on. The amount of boosting is too much, too unpredictable, too expansive. (This is similar to when they tried buffs for specific teams and characters in TW years ago. They started out "fun" and then it got out of control, like one G9 character could wipe out a full maxed out defensive team.)

They also need to make rules that reduce the absurdity of datacrons with or vs GL's (like they did to certain omicrons). Having GL's get specific buffs from these is ridiculous and just rewards players for buying the new shiny toy vs working for years on a roster to build it up and make it worthwhile. "Oh you have 6 GL's on defense? Well daddy bought me 20 level 9 datacrons and I'm going to wipe all your GL's and the rest of your defense on full auto! Yay fun!"
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

@CG_Tusken_Meathead

I think Nic meant a L0.

Yes, sorry, I meant level 0. I'm used to stuff starting at level 1, not 0. My mistake, sorry, MaruMaru! Thanks for pointing it out.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    I guess it depends. If I get more from dismantling than I was given for free, I should see a steady increase for a time.

mdftu1ii9i9x.png
    qtrivxbtg02d.png
    02ttgkq5s5mh.png

layxhnafcpgx.png

This is what you get out of lvl8 dismantling. So it's pretty uneven. I didn't calculate what it took to get to lvl8, but this back payment makes it obvious the regained resources are targeted towards rebuilding the first few levels and bottlenecking higher levels.

So level eight is 5.5 million currency, 215 mk 1, 230 mk 2, and 90 mk3. So honestly I’d be mostly happy with that if auto dismantling pays the same rate. A little more mk 2 and 3 would be welcome but a level 9 returns enough to get a level 6. If this holds true for auto dismantling that seems about right to me.
  • wharp wrote: »
    nk2v78yg4w3m.png

Is this for their new LOTR game or SWGOH ?

I applied. Do you think CG will hire me? LOL

But yes, I AM actually a community manager for a different game, and did legit apply just out of curiosity.
  • Whatelse73
    2147 posts Member
    wharp wrote: »
    nk2v78yg4w3m.png

But yes, I AM actually a community manager for a different game, and did legit apply just out of curiosity.

Good luck!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

mdftu1ii9i9x.png
    qtrivxbtg02d.png
    02ttgkq5s5mh.png

layxhnafcpgx.png

So level eight is 5.5 million currency, 215 mk 1, 230 mk 2, and 90 mk3. So honestly I’d be mostly happy with that if auto dismantling pays the same rate. A little more mk 2 and 3 would be welcome but a level 9 returns enough to get a level 6. If this holds true for auto dismantling that seems about right to me.

Unless cg messed something up I'm willing to bet it's the exact same for manual and auto dismantling. Weirdly mk2-3 materials are easier to farm than 1 (but ofc 1 is cheaper to buy).
  • So at the end of chapter 3, my set 1 data crons will be dismantled and i receive set 4 material for them. What happens to my accumulated set 1 material that has not yet been invested into datacrons?
  • Recurve
    97 posts Member
    fcfuyu44i629.png

So can you point me in the direction of a Galactic Republic faction member that can apply stagger... Oh there isn't one??
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    nk2v78yg4w3m.png

But you are active? Or you show on the official forums of that different game only 1 Time a month???
  • PumaK wrote: »
    nk2v78yg4w3m.png

But you are active? Or you show on the official forums of that different game only 1 Time a month???

Much more active! They don't have official web forums, but have an official Discord and Twitch instead. Im active daily (100 posts in the last 3 days it looks like), just ran a trivia event on Discord a few hours ago, and stream 2-3 events a week on the official Twitch.

I will say though that most of my job takes place behind the scenes though, even though I'm intended to be the most public team member. And every CM job is very different depending on the overall makeup of the studio and their goals. I certainly take a very different approach than CG, so it's probably hard to relate to. I've joked that I'm head of the Players Association but paid by the game. I'm constantly badgering the devs trying to get things the players want into the game.

But yeah, the lack of communication from this studio is absolutely mind boggling. I legit applied for the job out of curiosity, but I bet I wouldnt take it. I don't believe the CM here is really this bad at his job. I'm guessing CG is the one holding the position back, and I wouldn't want to work under those conditions.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    PumaK wrote: »
    nk2v78yg4w3m.png

Much more active! They don't have official web forums, but have an official Discord and Twitch instead. Im active daily (100 posts in the last 3 days it looks like), just ran a trivia event on Discord a few hours ago, and stream 2-3 events a week on the official Twitch.

I will say though that most of my job takes place behind the scenes though, even though I'm intended to be the most public team member. And every CM job is very different depending on the overall makeup of the studio and their goals. I certainly take a very different approach than CG, so it's probably hard to relate to. I've joked that I'm head of the Players Association but paid by the game. I'm constantly badgering the devs trying to get things the players want into the game.

But yeah, the lack of communication from this studio is absolutely mind boggling. I legit applied for the job out of curiosity, but I bet I wouldnt take it. I don't believe the CM here is really this bad at his job. I'm guessing CG is the one holding the position back, and I wouldn't want to work under those conditions.

Unfortunately it sounds like you're too Much active to get this work. You need to hide from official forums and show just 1 time each month with an irrelevant post to pretend that you're interacting with community and you're being a bridge between Devs and players, and to ignore all the possible players questions related to the game, that's the standard.
  • I think datacron will ruin the game, we are getting back to the time where GL came. You could dump your whole roster against one team and not make a dent. And it all depends on luck and money. Give us more raids and teams and I will float you more cash.. This just makes me wanna quit and keep my money.
  • wharp
    212 posts Member
    PumaK wrote: »
    nk2v78yg4w3m.png

As a developer I understand that we don't want to expose all of our feature to keep a little bit of surprise but as a gamer we want also more active interaction from the studio, that's why I hate how EA work (is it a EA directive to keep a studio quiet?).

I love how independant studio interact with their community like Coffe Stain Studio (Satisfactory) or RocketWerkz (Icarus, their discord and team is crazy active).
  • Can i hoard mats for the next season or they ll dissapear with the datacrons?
  • Madao5412 wrote: »
    Can i hoard mats for the next season or they ll dissapear with the datacrons?

You cannot. Next season will have different mats.
This discussion has been closed.