Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Madao5412 wrote: »
    Can i hoard mats for the next season or they ll dissapear with the datacrons?

All your materials will carry over, however a new set of datacrons will be introduced that uses a new set of materials. This means that Acumen (the current set of materials) will stay in your inventory, but can only be used to improve this CURRENT set of datacrons.

The generic currency (the one that drops like 33.3k in datacron Conquest nodes and costs like a million per later daracron levels) will ALWAYS carry over and always be used to level every set.

tl;dr: Spend Acumen like it’s going out of style. Can’t take it with you.

(When datacrons expire they convert into materials for whatever the new current set is. Hopefully this extends to unspent materials, too, because there will always be some chump change left over…)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    wharp wrote: »
    PumaK wrote: »
    nk2v78yg4w3m.png

Is this for their new LOTR game or SWGOH ?

I applied. Do you think CG will hire me? LOL

But yes, I AM actually a community manager for a different game, and did legit apply just out of curiosity.

But you are active? Or you show on the official forums of that different game only 1 Time a month???

Much more active! They don't have official web forums, but have an official Discord and Twitch instead. Im active daily (100 posts in the last 3 days it looks like), just ran a trivia event on Discord a few hours ago, and stream 2-3 events a week on the official Twitch.

I will say though that most of my job takes place behind the scenes though, even though I'm intended to be the most public team member. And every CM job is very different depending on the overall makeup of the studio and their goals. I certainly take a very different approach than CG, so it's probably hard to relate to. I've joked that I'm head of the Players Association but paid by the game. I'm constantly badgering the devs trying to get things the players want into the game.

But yeah, the lack of communication from this studio is absolutely mind boggling. I legit applied for the job out of curiosity, but I bet I wouldnt take it. I don't believe the CM here is really this bad at his job. I'm guessing CG is the one holding the position back, and I wouldn't want to work under those conditions.

As a developer I understand that we don't want to expose all of our feature to keep a little bit of surprise but as a gamer we want also more active interaction from the studio, that's why I hate how EA work (is it a EA directive to keep a studio quiet?).

I love how independant studio interact with their community like Coffe Stain Studio (Satisfactory) or RocketWerkz (Icarus, their discord and team is crazy active).

Sorry but i can't agree with Your argument, as example here, on this thread you have a very easy proof:

Last edit on main post: June 16
    Actual date: June 26

I think this say enough on what's the Real problem.
  • wharp
    212 posts Member

Sorry but i can't agree with Your argument, as example here, on this thread you have a very easy proof:

I said many thing in the quote, but proof of what ?
  • Whatelse73
    2147 posts Member
    Recurve wrote: »
    fcfuyu44i629.png

So can you point me in the direction of a Galactic Republic faction member that can apply stagger... Oh there isn't one??

That one makes more sense than putting an unresistable stun from specials along with Rey gaining ultimate twice as fast, or JMK and his whole team ignoring protection.

Maybe at some point CG will hire someone who understands how to "balance" releases so they aren't absurdly overpowered or underpowered? Not to mention putting datacrons on GL's as if they aren't already overpowered. (Did JMK and Rey really NEED to be more excessively OP compared to other GL's?)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Madao5412 wrote: »
    Can i hoard mats for the next season or they ll dissapear with the datacrons?

Also, just to clarify, your datacrons won't disappear next season. They won't disappear until the end of the season after that. Each set lasts a total of three seasons. The first three seasons will last 1 month each, but the duration if subsequent seasons is unknown--presumably longer than 1 month because they've stated the goal if 1 month seasons to start is so that they can have three overlapping sets as soon as possible.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Recurve wrote: »
    fcfuyu44i629.png

So can you point me in the direction of a Galactic Republic faction member that can apply stagger... Oh there isn't one??
    Where's the response to this @CG_SBCrumb and @CG_Tusken_Meathead
    I get not responding to all the negative feedback (in your typical fashion); but this is a legit question. How do expect people to invest in things that provide completely useless bonuses?
    How bout you have people who actually play the game do testing. And yeah, I know. That assumes you guys bother testing anything to begin with.
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    Recurve wrote: »
    fcfuyu44i629.png

Where's the response to this @CG_SBCrumb and @CG_Tusken_Meathead
    I get not responding to all the negative feedback (in your typical fashion); but this is a legit question. How do expect people to invest in things that provide completely useless bonuses?
    How bout you have people who actually play the game do testing. And yeah, I know. That assumes you guys bother testing anything to begin with.

Take a look at the difference between Galactic Republic and Resistance faction bonuses and you'll find the answer You'll see that there are several that are shared between them with the only difference being the faction it applies on. Like this one. So you'll see the stagger entry applies for Resistance, and the Stun applies for Galactic. CG only built one boost mechanic that applies to both, rather than two separate ones.

• PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2022

I'm refering to the main post on this thread. We're already on June 28 and last edit was on June 16....

As example, that's like hiring bartender for a restaurant and this bartender shows on workplace just only 1 time each month (and the time he shows, he make a really low quality work, and all the orders he take aren't what clients ordered) , and the remaining 30 days he's getting paid but don't go to the restaurant, just sits on a park chatting about fixing cars.
  • wharp
    212 posts Member

I'm refering to the main post on this thread. We're already on June 28 and last edit was on June 16....

As example, that's like hiring bartender for a restaurant and this bartender shows on workplace just only 1 time each month (and the time he shows, he make a really low quality work, and all the orders he take aren't what clients ordered) , and the remaining 30 days he's getting paid but don't go to the restaurant, just sits on a park chatting about fixing cars.

Sorry, but I don't follow your point and I still don't see what might be the proof of? I might be too stupid :smile:

Are we saying the same thing ? That they are not interacting enough with their community ?
  • Whatelse73
    2147 posts Member

They're doing what they've done for years. Announce something significant that's going to upset the community, go into double secret probation quiet time about it, wait for a couple weeks, then come back to discuss it. (When it's something excellent that the community is happy about, they are fairly responsive. Much more so than when it's something the community doesn't like.)

And if it hasn't been said enough, datacrons on GL's is stupid rubbish. The RNG factor of getting just the "right" datacron abilities so your Rey or JMK is even more stupidly excessive is stupid rubbish. The decision to make GL's even more overpowered is stupid rubbish. Hey, why not just make it so the whole team gets stunned when they blink? Have GL's get stunned too while you're at it!

That's why they aren't interacting, because they're waiting for us to chill out over datacrons. (Along with the lackluster performance of Grand Inquisitor)

CG, you need to learn to start at a "balanced" level and work up or down. Not "it's easy" or "it's ridiculous" and then adjust. What's going to happen with the LOTR game you do based on swgoh's model? Start with level 1 Frodo kills all 9 nazgul if he sneezes and then say, "Is that too overpowered? we'll adjust that eventually!"?
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Is it really possible to switch factions with re-roll of level 6?

I'm asking because i got Resistance first time i unlocked it but did not have the faction developed that much. So i tried 6 (!!!) re-rolls and never got anything other than Resistance and their feats :(

• Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    rokota wrote: »

I'm asking because i got Resistance first time i unlocked it but did not have the faction developed that much. So i tried 6 (!!!) re-rolls and never got anything other than Resistance and their feats :(

It's pure RNG what you get offered when you reroll.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    rokota wrote: »

Yes. I had a GR that I re-rolled and selected Resistance and then I re-rolled again and selected GR.
  • I re-rolled my level 6 bonus 3 times, hoping for one of the better Galactic Republic bonuses. I saw 5 Resistance bonuses and only 1 GR option, which was just the health recovery when crit. Since re-rolls cost more with each new attempt (which I was not happy to discover but also not surprised), I am likely out of attempts and have just resigned myself to a fairly useless datacron for the next 3 months.

I know my experience is just a small sample and subject to RNG, but I believe the FAQ mentioned that the faction/character bonuses are not equally weighted. Without knowing the chance to acquire what I want, I have no desire to keep trying, and certainly no desire to spend any type of useful resource to get more materials to try again.
  • That's where I'm at with my level 9 GR datacron. JMK health and protection is useless in just about any fight, if your JMK is getting beat on you've already lost. Blow all the roll mats and get nothing but even worse garbage like Aayla will get foresight (how is that a level 9 datacron mechanic?). Immediately don't care about 3 months of GAC because the level of competition I aim for has been denied by bad luck.
  • Whatelse73
    2147 posts Member
    That's where I'm at with my level 9 GR datacron. JMK health and protection is useless in just about any fight, if your JMK is getting beat on you've already lost. Blow all the roll mats and get nothing but even worse garbage like Aayla will get foresight (how is that a level 9 datacron mechanic?). Immediately don't care about 3 months of GAC because the level of competition I aim for has been denied by bad luck.

Say your thanks to CG's employee of the month and year, "RNG" for getting not so good ones while others get ignore protection, retaliate, stun ALL THE TIME, and boosts to stats like 567% health steal.

Yes, still stupid rubbish. The overall idea of datacrons is a good one, it's the excessively dumb stats and bonuses they give, along with having these stupidly excessive abilities apply to GL's.

I seriously hope you all realize the excessiveness and ridiculousness of datacrons and nerf them down, especially when it comes to GL's because having to deal with this and new versions every 3 months is going to get old very quickly. (Stop making the same dumb mistakes that the other people are making with MSF)
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    It's frustrating as while mods remain important, datacrons risk some of that investment. Yes, some luck is involved with mods but for the most part, the quality of players roster tends to be determined by how long they have been playing and how actively they farm and buy mods. If your mods are bad, well that's on you.

Those super OP datacrons are pure RNG.
  • Is the level 9 JMK datacron unbeatable?
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    Is the level 9 JMK datacron unbeatable?

I just beat it twice in Arena. Once with a JMK with the stun datacron but not the level 9, and once with JML with Shaak using the stun datacron.
  • Micas
    posts Member
    Introducing datacrons is the first change you’ve made that has seriously made me consider leaving the game. Datacrons undermine and devalue the roster and mods I’ve spent years building. They are a hack, an apk, a con job that should be removed at the earliest opportunity.
  • Whatelse73
    2147 posts Member
    CaesarAM wrote: »

I just beat it twice in Arena. Once with a JMK with the stun datacron but not the level 9, and once with JML with Shaak using the stun datacron.

Because the stun even if a character sneezes is one of the stupidly overpowered and excessive parts of datacrons. That's why you can beat level 9 anything, because you were lucky enough to get the stun ability. It's ridiculous and stupid, but they seem to want the game to excel in excessive.
  • CaesarAM wrote: »

Great... Need to a) get one and b) save it for offence
  • Whatelse73
    2147 posts Member
    CaesarAM wrote: »

Great... Need to a) get one and b) save it for offence

Well if you put it on defense, the "stupid" AI that totally doesn't cheat or anything, will go out of its way to target every character on your team while doing a special so that your whole team is stunned. (except GL's of course) Yeah, totally "random" that the AI is stunning every member of my team in every match. Yep, totes magoats.

Your datacrons are garbage CG. Stop this ridiculous stupidity of excess.
  • Eldorian
    128 posts Member
    Did we get an official response what happens go left-over material when the set expires? Seems kinda important to plan…
  • If CG is going to have health steal as a big part of these upgrades I think they need to extend the battle timer….too many time outs
  • Can you guys possibly put a surrender button in the game for tw or gac? There is literally no point to keep trying to beat someone with a maxed out datacron and maxed out vader or kenobi. My guild doesnt have a counter and it is demoralizing my guild to know we got beat by just one team.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    4 LS factions bonuses and only 1 DS faction bonus being Inquisitors. Yep you've definitely been listening to us.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • CG, why we get Datacron Set 2 materials after last tw? Road ahead said that Set 1 should lasts up to July 10.
  • wlfm02hbkwxz.png

178 days is too much for a calendar that is gonna be useless in 60 days
This discussion has been closed.