Conquest should be simmable!

DarthGrff
178 posts Member
edited July 2022
It would be the greatest thing ever if it was at least simmable once u best the battle once and 3 starred it. It would save sooo much time and it is still a grind to just get through it so….
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• DarthGrff wrote: »
    It would be the greatest thing ever if it was at least simmable once u best the battle once and 3 starred it. It would save sooo much time and it is still a grind to just get through it so….

Every conquest will be different every time except for bosses and feats. Plus even if it made sense to sim CG would sim it for a couple years from now.
  • Also, stamina is a thing. The idea that you are guaranteed to even complete a node after you’ve 3*d it once doesn’t really hold.
  • It also makes no sense with how the feats actually work.
    Most require a specific team, or to inflict a debuff x times.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    I think OP was implying that the node, once completed, could just duplicate the results of the last 3*d battle on that node, team comp, progress towards feat progression, etc. Would be less work on the programming side, and CG would still get their pound of flesh from Conquest energy refreshes. Per DarjeloSalas's point, they could limit the feature to 'squad members must all be at __% or higher stamina to sim' (probably 60% would be fair so you could knock out four attempts at once and be at full stamina the next day, which is effectively what we do anyway, but without the annoyance/tedium of setting up reminders/alarms)

Edit: @CG_Tusken_Meathead any chance this is as simple a QoL improvement as it seems and could be passed on to the dev team? Could increase player spending (crystals for refreshes because it takes less time/tedium) in Conquest without much additional work on CG's part and would be a PR win to help sooth the dumpster fire of Datacrons?
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • I think OP was implying that the node, once completed, could just duplicate the results of the last 3*d battle on that node, team comp, progress towards feat progression, etc. Would be less work on the programming side, and CG would still get their pound of flesh from Conquest energy refreshes. Per DarjeloSalas's point, they could limit the feature to 'squad members must all be at __% or higher stamina to sim' (probably 60% would be fair so you could knock out four attempts at once and be at full stamina the next day, which is effectively what we do anyway, but without the annoyance/tedium of setting up reminders/alarms)

Edit: @CG_Tusken_Meathead any chance this is as simple a QoL improvement as it seems and could be passed on to the dev team? Could increase player spending (crystals for refreshes because it takes less time/tedium) in Conquest without much additional work on CG's part and would be a PR win to help sooth the dumpster fire of Datacrons?

That’s more what I was thinking, stamina still goes down if u wanna risk ur energy with 10% stamina that’s your choice
  • As much as I dislike how grindy some of the feats are in Conquest, what the OP is suggesting is definitely something I’m 100% against.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    The datacron nodes should be simmable when you get to 3* on the node
    If you sim you do not get feat progress, simming completely for datacron mat farming. I know "they" want engagement for the entire time conquest is running, which they kind of gotten. Adding simming for datacron nodes still gets the engagement and gives the players a little breather for the last days of conquest if all you are doing at that point is farming datacron mats.
    I mean how much engagement is it to just send a team in and hit auto 10 - 30 times a day?
  • As much as I dislike how grindy some of the feats are in Conquest, what the OP is suggesting is definitely something I’m 100% against.

Do you find it challenging to grind out 40 wins with the factions/teams of the month? Even if you do enjoy the tedium would other people having more time for their families/lives negatively impact your player experience? Adding a sim function isn't something that's mandatory to engage with it would just be a huge QoL improvement in a PVE mode that's infamous for causing burnout.

Do you find it challenging to grind out 40 wins with the factions/teams of the month? Even if you do enjoy the tedium would other people having more time for their families/lives negatively impact your player experience? Adding a sim function isn't something that's mandatory to engage with it would just be a huge QoL improvement in a PVE mode that's infamous for causing burnout.
    I admire your optimism that there is any chance whatsoever that this will ever be implemented. The nature of feats, stamina and the fact that the game would need to differentiate between squads you had and had not beaten each node with means this idea is a non-starter.

Your 60% idea (which the devs will be absolutely unable to program correctly) is also flawed. There are lots of teams who will be able to win at 100% but not at 80% or even 90%. (This happened to me a few conquests back when I could win with Geos in sector 5 mid boss but only on 100% or at 90% if I swapped mods to ensure I went first).

There’s no need to berate someone for disagreeing with a suggestion that will never become a feature in the game.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    When an idea is rooted in fantasy, expect to get criticism.

Having sim available in a game mode predicated on having feats and stamina reducing team stats per battle is not going to ever work. Sim works for Raids, Assault Battles, Galactic War, Normal and Hard Battles because neither are in play.

As someone mentioned above, there are several feats requiring you to “attempt to inflict… x amount of times” or “win without a character with a leader ability in the leader spot” that conflicts with a sim option.
  • Your 60% idea (which the devs will be absolutely unable to program correctly) is also flawed. There are lots of teams who will be able to win at 100% but not at 80% or even 90%. (This happened to me a few conquests back when I could win with Geos in sector 5 mid boss but only on 100% or at 90% if I swapped mods to ensure I went first).

There’s no need to berate someone for disagreeing with a suggestion that will never become a feature in the game.

Not berating you, just legitimately curious as to why you're so against it.

I stipulated that the game would 'remember' the last team you 3*d the node with and what you completed during the battle. (The game can already remember the last used squads used for specific activities, so this isn't much of a stretch) - my logic is the same as ABs. Yes they have RNG in them, but if you can beat CT2 of the NS AB with a 3* once, you can beat it again, so the devs mercifully allow us to sim it rather than run the RNG trials against Sid another hundred times. My logic here is that if you could beat a team with no leader, with Scion and Nih once with a 3* while getting three kills between DR and DM, you could certainly do it again, and while playing the battle over and over is technically 'engagement' in that its screen time in SWGOH, it's not 'engaging' to the player and results in burnout, since you need to do that twenty times (and the SE and OR feats 40 times each)

As I explained with the >60% sim option, its because in a normal day, each character regains 40% stamina, so if you can beat a node with a 3* once at 100%, and then have to set three alarms throughout the day at each point where your stamina for that team is back at 100%, you could again, go back to that same node, manually set in that same team (god forbit the game remember the last used team on each node in a mode where we have to replicate the same battle 40 times), and get another 3*. Does me tediously setting alarms, opening up my phone, and swapping out my teams manually four times throughout the day make that any more 'engaging' than beating it once, the node remembering the last comp, and allowing me to sim it all four times at once (still costing stamina and energy, as I said)? IMO this would be a huge QoL improvement for players, and CG might actually squeeze more crystals out of players, since players who are burnt out, value their time/families more than repeating boring battles, would rather sim a datacon node 40 times and use other teams to clear new nodes, which is technically less efficient crystal wise, and/or don't bother engaging because seeing "40 (manually played) battles with x and y factions" might be intimidating.

I'm not personally attacking you, just asking how this would be a negative to either CG or the playerbase? IMHO it's the same as raids/ABs. CG wants us to 'experience' it for a while (a year or two is reasonable), but by then if we've proved over and over that we've invested the (gear, time, money) to full clear that content, we should just be able to give them our currency (raid tix, energy, crystals for AB refreshes and Conquest energy, etc) to repeat the same results we've shown we can achieve.

I'd personally prefer to spend the time I can afford to budget for this game on more stimulating and strategically based game modes, like TW or GAC, or even clearing new Conquest nodes and figuring out boss feats, etc. I do not find repeating the same battle 20/40 times a valuable use of my time, but a sim option would not preclude anyone from doing so if they so chose.
  • Would a fair compromise be that once red crate is obtained you can sim the DC farming nodes? Manually running those battles so many times a day is a bit of a slog. On the other hand, they are so easy that they can be auto'd. So it's something I can do without too much attention required. Kinda like Assault Battles of yesteryear.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    I would spend 4,500 crystals to fully sim Hard Conquest
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

I’d spend 10k
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Would a fair compromise be that once red crate is obtained you can sim the DC farming nodes? Manually running those battles so many times a day is a bit of a slog. On the other hand, they are so easy that they can be auto'd. So it's something I can do without too much attention required. Kinda like Assault Battles of yesteryear.

My thoughts also!
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    DarthGrff wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

I’d spend 10k

Isn't that over 700 crystals a day then? That's too much IMO.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • The_Dude
    84 posts Member
    edited June 2022

I’d spend 10k

20k. Being completely truthful…I would spend that in a heartbeat to eliminate the monotonous and tedious feat grinding.

Do I hear 30k 😂
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    The_Dude wrote: »

I’d spend 10k

20k. Being completely truthful…I would spend that in a heartbeat to eliminate the monotonous and tedious feat grinding.

Do I hear 30k 😂

CG is getting really excited right now.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    The datacron nodes should be simmable when you get to 3* on the node
    If you sim you do not get feat progress, simming completely for datacron mat farming. I know "they" want engagement for the entire time conquest is running, which they kind of gotten. Adding simming for datacron nodes still gets the engagement and gives the players a little breather for the last days of conquest if all you are doing at that point is farming datacron mats.
    I mean how much engagement is it to just send a team in and hit auto 10 - 30 times a day?

This and 100% this. Farming datacron materials has nothing to do with conquest. A lot of ppl farm it even after they have all feats they need done. This would likely even help CG as more ppl would spend crystals on farming datacrons like that and that is what they want, to spend crystals and money on datacrons.
  • Global feats are telling us exactly how we should all play conquest so why not just add a sim button?
  • If they let us play it our own way instead of telling us exactly what disks and characters to use we wouldn’t need a sim button and might be able to enjoy it.
  • Seighz
    15 posts Member
    40 resistance battles
    40 first order battles
    20 with kylo and smuggler han
    20 with kylos/reyes

Not fun at all
  • Thinking about how much time is needed to get the red crate in conquest.....
    Truth be told, if I could get every single reward in conquest for 20,000 crystals, I might just pull the trigger.
    Heck, I'd even spring for the basic conquest pass to boot.

Hey CG, why don't you offer the whales a way to save their time?
    All possible rewards in conquest, $ 200 (no crystals)
  • Seighz wrote: »
    40 resistance battles
    40 first order battles
    20 with kylo and smuggler han
    20 with kylos/reyes

Not fun at all

So glad they eased up on the grind 😂
  • This game mode is excessively grindy now.

Let us sim a treasure node once we reach 3* and by using the same characters at equal or higher stamina.

This sim will take stamina away and not count to any feats. Just give us the datacron mats.