[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    The numbers posted by Ultra, a huge majority of datacrons are level 0, that would mean people don’t care about them.

Or they don't have the mats to level them up.

Or both.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Thankfully, no one in my ~400M guild has quit since DCs were released. However, there is a lot of negative sentiment, even among the more devout players among us in our first GAC stream since DCs were released.

But the spenders are still spending, so CG probably sees this as a colossal success.

vv7t843p1cvl.png

Numbers aren't accurate since 322k players signed up for GAC (so there is no way only ~15k players have datacrons) but gives you a good estimate on the 15k sample size, how many are engaging in datacrons and to what level

Speaking of GAC signups:

one before - 324,708 hits
    this one - 322,919 hits

So at most 1.8k players 'retired' but most likely a big chunk of the difference are casual players who missed sign-up and don't play the game daily or check regularly or actively

But going from the number differential and pure number data from before and after datacrons (GAC signups), the whole "people are quitting" is exaggerated in small circles

Now I want to see more of this!!!
    This is the Way
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    The numbers posted by Ultra, a huge majority of datacrons are level 0, that would mean people don’t care about them.

Or both.
    Or some are ticket farm alt accounts, or...
  • Screerider wrote: »

You get mats to at least level up 1 datacron for free and you could see that a majority of the players didn’t even bother doing that.
  • As with a lot of content is in this game, a bunch of players may be sitting on materials, waiting for a video to tell them how to use them.

I feel like I did it wrong. I kept on leveling each one I got to level 1 to see what it had to start with, but that hasn't left me with any Ac1 to go higher than level 3 on any.

Now I'm thinking, just level 1 up and up. That way I'm using all of the higher Ac that I can't use now, and I have a use for the Alt as well.

That way maybe by the end of the build month I'll have maybe 4 or 5 high level ones, instead of 20 level 1.

I guess I'll just be dismantling most for a couple of Ac.

By the way, the farming feels real bad when you do a battle for 20 energy to get only 1 Ac1, or some other material you can't use without more Ac1. Not bothering after my red crate is done later today, doesn't feel worth either the effort or the crystals to refresh.
  • I have a suggestion for datacrons, unless CG put in the effort to create a completely new game mode for datacrons with additional rewards they should at least shift their application from GAC & TW to allowing us to boost our teams in conquest instead where it would make much more sense with seasonal based temporary datacrons. It would go more with the theme of conquest.
  • I have a suggestion for datacrons, unless CG put in the effort to create a completely new game mode for datacrons with additional rewards they should at least shift their application from GAC & TW to allowing us to boost our teams in conquest instead where it would make much more sense with seasonal based temporary datacrons. It would go more with the theme of conquest.

That would be nice for the players, but it would hardly incentivize spending by many, which is CG's ultimate goal.
  • I’ve become more convinced that whoever came up with datacrons proposed it for PvE elements (tb raids ab conquest) with it dropping more in easy and normal conquest. This was initially imagined to help people catch up in the game. More zeta mats, get 1 and 2 etc.

Big boss then said I like it but let’s apply it to only the pvp modes. Okay I’m joking but only about 90%.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I’ve become more convinced that whoever came up with datacrons proposed it for PvE elements (tb raids ab conquest) with it dropping more in easy and normal conquest. This was initially imagined to help people catch up in the game. More zeta mats, get 1 and 2 etc.

Big boss then said I like it but let’s apply it to only the pvp modes. Okay I’m joking but only about 90%.

Unlikely because it would make conquest easier, and seeing what they did with removing DCS *and* increasing difficulty I doubt anything is even proposed to simplify conquest completion or other PvE events.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    I have a suggestion for datacrons, unless CG put in the effort to create a completely new game mode for datacrons with additional rewards they should at least shift their application from GAC & TW to allowing us to boost our teams in conquest instead where it would make much more sense with seasonal based temporary datacrons. It would go more with the theme of conquest.

That would be nice for the players, but it would hardly incentivize spending by many, which is CG's ultimate goal.

I Can say that new "feature" If something do it's inuncentivize the spending. It's the wrong approach and the silence arund critical questions....
  • The whole “we don’t need to QA test datacrons because they’re temporary” is a mistake. There will always be new unbalanced datacrons that breaks the game. Please remove datacrons, they’re hurting the game.
  • I will say one positive result of Datacrons. Last night, I lost my GAC because I forgot back zone was worth 210 and not 240, so I started using goofy teams for fun. Before Datacrons, I would have been livid because I cared. Now, I'm almost happy to fall back in the rankings to avoid the sea of Datacrons that are surely occupying the higher ranks.

Success? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    I will say one positive result of Datacrons. Last night, I lost my GAC because I forgot back zone was worth 210 and not 240, so I started using goofy teams for fun. Before Datacrons, I would have been livid because I cared. Now, I'm almost happy to fall back in the rankings to avoid the sea of Datacrons that are surely occupying the higher ranks.

Success? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not working as intended 😉
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    Anakin Skywalker: Master, sir… I heard Yoda talking about datacrons. I’ve been wondering, what are datacrons?
    Qui-Gon: I can’t be bothered to even try and explain, suffice it to say they are complicated, boring and a mistake.
    d5laj6qyrrpw.jpeg
  • CriticalError
    7 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    This **** mechanic needs to be removed asap.
    CG and EA were always greedy but datacrons are just plain and simple a game breaking game design element that was created for only one purpose, milking more money out of an game that is already on the verge of collapse because of stupid additions that take up more and more time of the player with little rewards.

Datacrons are not thought through, they serve absolutely no purpose except cash making, they are low effort content, an just put yet another bigger gap between the different spending tiers.

When this game started the spending gap was about how fast one would 7* a Character.
    Now its about, 7*, Gear, Relicts (esp. 8), Galactic conquest (**** low effort mindless time-sink) and now datacrons that aren‘t even permanent so free2play could potentially catch up but rather volatile so free 2 play and occasional spenders will never be able to catch up.

Greed in perfection. As expected from EA.

• Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    I think datacrons would've been fine if they were simple. Level 1 - 5% crit damage, level 9 - 50% crit damage. There are teams in my arena with just level 6 that have such absurd stats added to them, I can't even beat them with the level 9 I made. (Granted I don't have the stun everyone just because, or ignore protection abilities)

Someone came up with an idea and yet again, the idea was mutilated by someone who I feel enjoys extreme sports way too much. "Okay, so what if, instead of just water skiing, we water ski barefoot in shark infested waters and cut our heels so we're bleeding?!?! Extreme sports!" Whoever you are, you decided to take this to the stupid and excessively extreme level of ridiculousness and cause damage to the enjoyment of the game. All for a temporary omicron that goes away in a couple months and then we have to start all over again. (and yes, spend more money, time, and resources on it.)

I don't think this is the devs idea, this is some decision maker who hides behind them and a desk not having to interact with actual players.

• Whatelse73 wrote: »

I don't think this is the devs idea, this is some decision maker who hides behind them and a desk not having to interact with actual players.

I think at this point all of CG has moved to the "not having to interact with players" job.
  • Problem is they just gave us R9/omicrons/new slice mats and beat us to death with marquees
    Then shuffle in datacrons just a few months later
    They are milking everyone too hard atm with relentless packs and not suprised most spenders are backing off
    Myself included, i spend roughly half of what i did before datacrons at 11m gp
    Definitely not optimistic about the future of the game
  • F_kyno
    2 posts Member
    This is the end of Galaxy of Heroes, CG is just an offshoot of Zynga now anyways. Wonder what kyno and ultra will do with their lives now.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    F_kyno wrote: »
    This is the end of Galaxy of Heroes, CG is just an offshoot of Zynga now anyways. Wonder what kyno and ultra will do with their lives now.

Act as moderators for the upcoming Lord of the Rings game?
  • F_kyno
    2 posts Member
    Glad to never let the creators of coinmaster put a game anywhere near my phone ever again. Anyone that plays Lord of the Rings after seeing what these guys did to swgoh deserves to see both of them again.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

i’m just glad i’m living in your head rent free
  • Eldorian
    128 posts Member
    Tw dropped the wrong upgrade material… during war rewards were shown to be old upgrade mats, now we got new ones… WAI? Its annoying though…
  • I hardly ever comment on this game, but the introduction of Datacrons has forced me to. Whoever thought giving datacrons to GL's was a good idea, should never be put in a position to make decisions that is good for this game ever again. By far and away the most terrible decision ever. It has made me consider,, for the first time ever, whether I wish to continue playing this game.
  • I still don't like these Datacrons.
  • Keno21
    15 posts Member
    This is the most epic failure added to this game. Well done.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    Episode 159 of CG not being able to read the room. I feel the final exodus happening.
  • I hardly use the Datacrons, absolutely will not spend REAL MONEY on TEMPORARY "content", and would like this Datacron to just be removed..

• Natetiffer
    290 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    I hardly ever comment on this game, but the introduction of Datacrons has forced me to. Whoever thought giving datacrons to GL's was a good idea, should never be put in a position to make decisions that is good for this game ever again. By far and away the most terrible decision ever. It has made me consider,, for the first time ever, whether I wish to continue playing this game.

True for so many others but it's hard to quit a bad habit
    This is the Way
  • Ultra wrote: »

i’m just glad i’m living in your head rent free

Rent free or not, I can think of better places to live, just ask Boba Fett
    This is the Way